PDA

View Full Version : Tony Carter

Broncos r life
05-10-2009, 09:36 AM
http://broncomadness.com/2009/05/04/mile-high-salute-w-mike-koele-tony-carter-free-agent-cornerback/

This was the first I heard of this player and from this video and what this guy says he seems REALLY good. what do you guys think? he reminds me a bit of antoine winfield in a way...

Requiem / The Dagda
05-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Here were my thoughts on Tony Carter. (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38483)

hamrob
05-10-2009, 11:20 AM
He's a playmaker...but he runs a 4.6. So, not only is he tiny...but he's slow. That's why he wasn't drafted. I think he has a very slim chance of making this team.

dogfish
05-10-2009, 12:21 PM
some guy said he's really good on his blog?

championship!

Requiem / The Dagda
05-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Yes, because we all know that forty times are indicative of whether or not a player will succeed at the next level. If you ever watched Florida State, you see that Tony Carter makes plays. I am skeptical about his ability to transition to the NFL, but it isn't because of his speed.

SoCalImport
05-10-2009, 02:05 PM
As controversial and inflammatory as ever. I'm willing to go out on a limb, and say.. let's wait and see. Ya never know.

broncofaninfla
05-12-2009, 10:26 AM
No matter what the "experts" say about this kid, the kid can play. He could very well make the team.

MOtorboat
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
He's a playmaker...but he runs a 4.6. So, not only is he tiny...but he's slow. That's why he wasn't drafted. I think he has a very slim chance of making this team.

Does it matter how fast he ran at the combine if he ends up where the ball is headed before it gets to the receiver?

Lonestar
05-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Does it matter how fast he ran at the combine if he ends up where the ball is headed before it gets to the receiver?

Your correct, so many folks think you have to be a 4.3 to play DB.. nice to have but few and far between..

In most cases being smart will indeed put you over the top..

broncohead
05-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Your correct, so many folks think you have to be a 4.3 to play DB.. nice to have but few and far between..

In most cases being smart will indeed put you over the top..

That's correct but I think smarts is key but speed is till very important when playing CB. Slower CBs get exposed on deeper routes like fades and streaks.

Lonestar
05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
That's correct but I think smarts is key but speed is till very important when playing CB. Slower CBs get exposed on deeper routes like fades and streaks.

Yep but having a great FS helps with this also.

It is team game having the best CB in the laegue the last 5 years has not been great for us either.

TEAM play is the answer 3-5 studs on D. And the rest good players playing as a team will do the trick.