PDA

View Full Version : one more Dawkins!

broncs9899
04-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Surprised after the Manning signing That Dawkins decided not to suit up for one more year to try for That ring.

iLands
04-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Well, he could still get a ring. He doesn't want to relocate his family again until his children finish school. If he works for the Broncos in some capacity, which wouldn't surprise me based on the upcoming value proposition, he would get a ring.

OrangeFanatic
05-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Surprised after the Manning signing That Dawkins decided not to suit up for one more year to try for That ring.

I was surprised too, but only because he said he was still in shape to do it. If he felt good enough to go I'm sure he would have even taken a pay cut to stay on in some capacity, even if not a starter.

Although now that I think about it, has anyone retiring ever said they couldn't physically do it anymore? (Barring some sort of major injury of course.)

Skinny
05-02-2012, 09:45 PM
I was surprised too, but only because he said he was still in shape to do it. If he felt good enough to go I'm sure he would have even taken a pay cut to stay on in some capacity, even if not a starter.

Although now that I think about it, has anyone retiring ever said they couldn't physically do it anymore? (Barring some sort of major injury of course.)

"I can't do it physically anymore, and that's really hard for me to say." - John Elway during his retirement speech.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/nfl/daily/may99/03/elway3.htm