PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign 12 UDFAs

UnderArmour
04-29-2012, 10:09 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/04/28/broncos-agree-sign-10-undrafted-rookies/13246/

- Linebacker Steven Johnson, Kansas

- Defensive end Jamie Blatnick, Oklahoma State

- Offensive tackle Mike Remmers, Oregon State

- Linebacker Elliot Coffey, Baylor

- Safety Duke Ihenacho, San Jose State

- Wide receiver Gerell Robinson, Arizona State

- Guard Austin Wuebbels, Missouri

- Guard Wayne Tribue, Temple

- Tight end Anthony Miller, California

- Cornerback Coryell Judie, Texas A&M

- Longsnapper Aaron Brewer, San Diego Sate

- Linebacker Jerry Franklin, Arkansas
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-pick-up-12-cfas/

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know anything about any of these players?

NightTerror218
04-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Remmers was solid at Oregon State, he was also walk on.

I like see Oregon State players make it to NFL.

Day1BroncoFan
04-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Checkk this (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/388386-UDFA-signing-thread) thread out. Some info in it.

iLands
04-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Who is going to be our Harris this year? Any bets?

HORSEPOWER 56
04-29-2012, 08:31 PM
In looking through Osweiler's highlights, it's almost impossible not to see Gerrell Robinson. He was obviously Osweiler's #1 target. Looks like a big, powerful possession guy who is a good hands catcher and is pretty good after the catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJuLDmI-o8U

bcbronc
04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Ya, watching a couple youtube game films on Robinson, he reminds me a bit of Marques Colston. Same size (listed size anyway), long and lanky, not especially smooth route runner, works the middle of the field well, fights for YAC, can make some people miss in the open field, and seems to have a good sense of where the first down marker is. Certainly seems like a nice UDFA signing.

Lancane
04-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Denver had a pre-draft visit with Austin Wuebbels, who was recovering from a hamstring injury. According to a report I read he was considered the leader of the Missouri offensive line and is highly intelligent. Despite being a solid mainstay for the offensive line he was overlooked by the media.

Last name is pronounced “WEB-uls.” Was an all-state selection and team MVP his senior season as an Illinois prep. Redshirted in 2007. Saw action in 10 games, primarily as a backup at right guard, in ’08. Named to the first-team Academic All-Big 12 squad. Started all 13 games at left guard in ’09. Switched sides of the line for the ’10 campaign and made all 13 starts at right guard. Graduated in May with a marketing degree and played in '11 as a graduate student, when he made all 13 starts at right guard.

sneakers
04-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Welcome Camp Fodder!

Lancane
04-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Cornerback Coryell Judie of Texas A&M, he had a solid fourth round draft grade and likely slipped out of the draft simply because the depth of the class and a current hamstring injury. SB Nation named Judie one of the most underrated prospects in the draft and a possible draft day steal.

He's a naturally gifted athlete with good range and great ball skills. Displays enough fluidity and balance to develop as a man-to-man corner, but looks ideally suited for a cover two type role at this stage that allows him to attack the football and create turnovers. An eventual starter in that type of scheme.

Coryell Judie was another community college transfer, had shoulder surgery in 10' and then ended up with a hamstring injury this past year which hurt his draft stock, which improved slightly with a solid combine.

Lancane
04-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Welcome Camp Fodder!

Rod Smith says "Hi!"

CoachChaz
04-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Cornerback Coryell Judie of Texas A&M, he had a solid fourth round draft grade and likely slipped out of the draft simply because the depth of the class and a current hamstring injury. SB Nation named Judie one of the most underrated prospects in the draft and a possible draft day steal.

Coryell Judie was another community college transfer, had shoulder surgery in 10' and then ended up with a hamstring injury this past year which hurt his draft stock, which improved slightly with a solid combine.

I could probably add a ton to this, but this covers it pretty well. Dont know if I see him as an answer to the CB concerns right away, but he can certainly step in and be our KR/PR immediately. His combine 40 was 4.8 after recovering from a bad hammy. But the kid had about 4.4 field speed. I think his best time was 4.38

Jsteve01
04-30-2012, 08:32 AM
I honestly can't believe he went undrafted. As a KR/PR alone he had late round value.

CoachChaz
04-30-2012, 08:45 AM
I honestly can't believe he went undrafted. As a KR/PR alone he had late round value.

Alot of guys surprised me. James Brown, Chris Polk, Marvin Jones, Tauren Poole. But I'm pretty happy to get Judie. Aside from being a fellow alum, I really like his game and what he brings to the field. If he can learn under CHamp and stay healthy, he could be a very good player and a huge steal. I think he can be a ST stud right away.

BroncoStud
04-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Teams are scared of Polk's injury situation.

CoachChaz
04-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Teams are scared of Polk's injury situation.

As opposed to some other guys that were drafted? We drafted a corner with 2 major knee injuries

chazoe60
04-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Hey Coach do you see Judie as more of a CB long term or a FS. I've heard a lot of talk of him moving to Safety.

CoachChaz
04-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Hey Coach do you see Judie as more of a CB long term or a FS. I've heard a lot of talk of him moving to Safety.

Depends. His biggest knock as a corner is he would bite on play action too much. So, I would think a guy like that would benefit from playing a position where he could look both run and pass with less coverage responsibilty. Just depends on how he progresses.

GEM
04-30-2012, 01:50 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/04/28/broncos-agree-sign-10-undrafted-rookies/13246/

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-pick-up-12-cfas/

Has anyone informed Frau that we grabbed a long snapper? I know it's not Leech, but addition by subtraction might make the hurt a bit better!

LTC Pain
04-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Page/WR/Toldeo is #13 and I'm trying to confirm #14 is Pippen/RB/Tuskegee. I see it on multiple Twitter sources but he's not listed as signed on the Broncos's website.

Lancane
04-30-2012, 04:20 PM
As opposed to some other guys that were drafted? We drafted a corner with 2 major knee injuries

Difference is Coach that Polk has a degenerative disease, few teams are going to risk drafting a prospect that has such. Remember the kid who had Crohn's Disease and how his stock took a nose dive?

CoachChaz
04-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Page/WR/Toldeo is #13 and I'm trying to confirm #14 is Pippen/RB/Tuskegee. I see it on multiple Twitter sources but he's not listed as signed on the Broncos's website.

I asked about that the other night. I saw Pippen listed a few places, but never heard any more about it. Although I thought he was from Jackson St. I could be wrong.

CoachChaz
04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Difference is Coach that Polk has a degenerative disease, few teams are going to risk drafting a prospect that has such. Remember the kid who had Crohn's Disease and how his stock took a nose dive?

I can relate. I have a degenerative thing and by genetics...so do my boys. I didnt play pro football, but my stint playing indoor and outdoor soccer at a high level as well as adult baseball didnt stop until I was 37.

That being said...RB's dont last long to begin with. What's the hurt in drafting a kid that may only last as long as the average NFL player if he can perform during that time?

Buff
04-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Has anyone informed Frau that we grabbed a long snapper? I know it's not Leech, but addition by subtraction might make the hurt a bit better!

Do we have any word on tribal tattoos and/or hair dying habits?

I need a scouting report on our new long snapper.

Lancane
04-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I can relate. I have a degenerative thing and by genetics...so do my boys. I didnt play pro football, but my stint playing indoor and outdoor soccer at a high level as well as adult baseball didnt stop until I was 37.

That being said...RB's dont last long to begin with. What's the hurt in drafting a kid that may only last as long as the average NFL player if he can perform during that time?

Who knows really, but whatever it is - it scared away everybody in the end. I think teams are more cautious after the events which took Thomas Herrion and Damien Nash far too soon. Look at DaJohn Harris from USC, he was one of my sleeper defensive tackles for this draft. But he has a hole in his heart and that killed his draft stock, at one point he was a solid mid round pick, he didn't work out at the combine in order to check with his doctors to find out if he could play at the next level, they cleared him...but I believe it destroyed his draft stock and eventually led to him going undrafted.

I'm still surprised that no one risked a seventh round pick on Harris or Polk, but I think teams are more cautious. If these kids go undrafted and sign a UDFA contract, there is no pressure to play them and teams can rely on their medical staff to watch the situation more closely.