PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels' home nice but no Shanahansion

Denver Native (Carol)
05-07-2009, 11:08 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_12311910

In the battle of abodes, new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has nothing over former coach Mike Shanahan.

While Shanahan is waiting for the finishing touches on his 35,000-square-foot Cherry Hills mansion, McDaniels and his wife, Laura, just closed on a new 8,444-square-foot (including basement) Greenwood Village home.

I'm told that the McDaniels family (they have a 5-year-old son and a 3-year-old daughter) will move into the house in August after the basement on the spec home in the swanky Preserve neighborhood is completed.

The coach paid $2,495,000 for the four-bedroom old-world Tuscan-style home that was listed for $2,695,000. Retired Broncos center Tom Nalen lives in McDaniels' new 'hood, and former Broncos assistant coach Gary Kubiak lived in the Preserve before taking the top coaching job in Houston.

"(McDaniels) went through one of my listings four times, and it killed me that he didn't buy it," said Edie Marks, a broker with Kentwood in the Tech Center who specializes in high-end houses.

Other features of the McDanielses' new digs include a four-car garage; a formal living room with a cast-concrete fireplace; a master suite with a private deck, fireplace and coffee bar; and a built-in barbecue with an exterior fireplace.

honz
05-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Just one more way that Shanarat > McDouche.

oobehr
05-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Just one more way that Shanarat > McDouche.

Do you like anything the broncos do?

Superchop 7
05-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Do you like anything the broncos do?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______--

Firing Shanny = No

Running Jay out of town = No

Getting rid of Goodmans = No

Our draft outside of the first round = No

Spending our FA dollars like idiots, forgetting we have a glaring problem on the d-line ? = No

Multitude of lies coming out of Dove Valley = No

Kyle Orton = No

Not hiring a defensive minded head coach = No

Other than that, it's a wonderful time to be a fan.

Shazam!
05-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Firing Shanny- .500 last 3 years, arguably the worst D in the NFL 2 years now. Time to move in a new direction.

Running Jay out of town- Did nothing to show he wanted to be here, and everything to leave. Bitched publicly the day Shanny was fired.

Getting rid of Goodmans- New regime, this was expected.

Our draft outside of the first round- Let the players play a Down before we declare this a lost Draft.

Spending our FA dollars like idiots- Got some solid, experienced players. Dawkins fills glaring leadership void on D

Multitude of lies in Dove Valley- I'm glad you somehow work for the Broncos.

Kyle Orton- Got a Starter in return and 2 1sts for a QB who didn't want to be here. Got a good deal.

Not hiring a defensive minded head coach- Got an established bonafide DC.

Have a drink, go get some and relax.

Lonestar
05-08-2009, 12:52 AM
8000+ Square plus still a house I'd be happy with..

To have anyone compare the difference between them is short of ludicrous..

Let compare them for their coaching and leadership styles..

If Josh does not live up to the mike standard then by all means rag on him..

but to do so because his house car or dress standards are different is bovine excrement..

ikillz0mbies
05-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Ha, lets all compare players to how big their houses are. That sure would spark some debates. Screw the results on the field, McDaniels has less cars and a smaller house than Shanahan, fire him!!!

Dirk
05-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the Article Carol...you are always on the ball!!! :beer:

As far as his house is concerned...who gives a rats! :confused:

He could live in a 200 year old shack as long as he can put together winning seasons! :salute:

Nomad
05-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the Article Carol...you are always on the ball!!! :beer:

As far as his house is concerned...who gives a rats! :confused:

He could live in a 200 year old shack as long as he can put together winning seasons! :salute:

Thanks DN!

I agree SW, judging a coach off the size of their house is ignorant at best! What the hell does one do with a 35,000 sq ft house? :ohwell:Like you say, they could live in a small log cabin in the Rockies as far as I care.......building a winning team is more important to fans than a coach building an overrated home!

anton...
05-08-2009, 08:52 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_P-epZJBjQNQ/SGlG6VlsWkI/AAAAAAAAHbo/f5keKMCNWWs/s400/ExLax.jpg

GEM
05-08-2009, 09:22 AM
8000+ Square plus still a house I'd be happy with..

To have anyone compare the difference between them is short of ludicrous..

Let compare them for their coaching and leadership styles..

If Josh does not live up to the mike standard then by all means rag on him..

but to do so because his house car or dress standards are different is bovine excrement..

Especially since there had been no accountability on Shanny's HUGE salary for what, the last few YEARS. It's easy to build a 34k sf palace on Bowlen's dime when you aren't getting the job done.

Let's just hope that this time....Bowlen doesn't let this go on for 11 years and the guy becomes another Shanny....all pay, no results and Bowlen doesn't do anything about it.

LRtagger
05-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Damn I live in a 1700 sqft townhome...I would suck ass as a coach :yardog:

GEM
05-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Damn I live in a 1700 sqft townhome...I would suck ass as a coach :yardog:

How do you look in a cut off sweatshirt?

:lol:

Lonestar
05-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Especially since there had been no accountability on Shanny's HUGE salary for what, the last few YEARS. It's easy to build a 34k sf palace on Bowlen's dime when you aren't getting the job done.

Let's just hope that this time....Bowlen doesn't let this go on for 11 years and the guy becomes another Shanny....all pay, no results and Bowlen doesn't do anything about it.

One has to wonder if building the house was more time consuming than we all knew about.. Obviously he had his mind some where other than the total overseeing of this team as his VP of football operations title should have been..

MOtorboat
05-08-2009, 11:00 AM
One has to wonder if building the house was more time consuming than we all knew about.. Obviously he had his mind some where other than the total overseeing of this team as his VP of football operations title should have been..

No.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I grew up in a house that might have been 3,000 square foot with our basement. I thought it was huge. How big of a house do people need? Jeez.

GEM
05-08-2009, 11:59 AM
No.

No what? No he didn't have his mind elsewhere while the Defense rode the bottom 5 for the last 3 years? No he didn't have his mind elsewhere while he let personal friendships overtake his job as a coach? No he didn't have his mind elsewhere while the special teams became more and more atrocious?

I don't think it's too far fetched an idea.

I loved Shanny, was upset when he was fired. But after letting that wear off, it wasn't too hard to come to the conclusion that he had gotten way too comfortable in his position and what was important to the TEAM wasn't so much where we were headed.

:shrugs:

GEM
05-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I grew up in a house that might have been 3,000 square foot with our basement. I thought it was huge. How big of a house do people need? Jeez.

Needz that night club in the bazement to get his dance on...he gotz to make it rain!!

:lol:

Lonestar
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
No what? No he didn't have his mind elsewhere while the Defense rode the bottom 5 for the last 3 years? No he didn't have his mind elsewhere while he let personal friendships overtake his job as a coach? No he didn't have his mind elsewhere while the special teams became more and more atrocious?

I loved Shanny, was upset when he was fired. But after letting that wear off, it wasn't too hard to come to the conclusion that he had gotten way too comfortable in his position and what was important to the TEAM wasn't so much where we were headed.

his mastermind was either slipping or elsewhere the last few years..

the only area of improvement was offensively yards and the rest sucked..

that much was obvious to almost everyone..

MOtorboat
05-08-2009, 12:50 PM

No, I have never wondered if his mind was on his house when he was running the broncos.

Dude worked 20 hour days...the house was to keep the wife happy. Bank on that one.

Lonestar
05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
No, I have never wondered if his mind was on his house when he was running the broncos.

Dude worked 20 hour days...the house was to keep the wife happy. Bank on that one.

Glad to know that you your sure of that..

Some of us do not feel that way..

Ravage!!!
05-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Glad to know that you your sure of that..

Some of us do not feel that way..

no more sure than your over-the-top accusations that his mind was on the house and not football.

"that much was obvious to almost everyone.. "

Lonestar
05-08-2009, 02:01 PM
no more sure than your over-the-top accusations that his mind was on the house and not football.

"that much was obvious to almost everyone.. "

so it was not obvious to you that something was wrong at Dove valley the past couple of years?

honz
05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
LOL. If Shanahan had things distracting him from his responsibilities with the Broncos, it wasn't his house. That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

GEM
05-08-2009, 02:55 PM
So Shanny's head was in the game when he named Nate Webster our starting MLB? Wow, he's got more problems than I thought. No way in hell your head is completely in the game when you draft Willie Middlebrooks, pick up Maurice Clarrett and name a whiffer like Webster into your starting lineup. How about when he took Moss with the #17? Maybe his head wasn't on his house...but there are some serious question marks.

Hawgdriver
05-08-2009, 03:22 PM
/begin pointless, sarcastic post

I was OK with McDonkey until he pulled this crap. I don't understand why he doesn't just bunk at Dove Valley and keep a cot handy. What does he not understand about his duty as the Bronco's head coach? I think we should all kick each other in the junk.

/end pointless, sarcastic post

Nice article Carol. Has anyone ever googled the Shanahansion (http://wikimapia.org/11271777/Mike-Shanahan-s-New-Mega-Mansion)? Dude's building a bunker for the coming revolution...that's the real story here. :laugh:

His old digs are almost due west by three 'homes'. The one with the ampitheater in the back yard (http://wikimapia.org/#lat=39.6448147&lon=-104.9538088&z=19&l=0&m=a&v=2&show=/11113445/Mike-Shanahan-former).

NameUsedBefore
05-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Was anyone else really amused by the term "Shanahansion"?

Lonestar
05-08-2009, 04:17 PM
So Shanny's head was in the game when he named Nate Webster our starting MLB? Wow, he's got more problems than I thought. No way in hell your head is completely in the game when you draft Willie Middlebrooks, pick up Maurice Clarrett and name a whiffer like Webster into your starting lineup. How about when he took Moss with the #17? Maybe his head wasn't on his house...but there are some serious question marks.

I was trying to be nice and give him an out for all the DUMB mistakes he has made.. I gave them a soft ball to jump on, but the mikey lovers do/did not get it..

the guy was a hell of a OC, he made headlines with his Offense.. But then has made headlines also with the rest of the game, that did not work..

Did the house distract him? Probably a little but there were some serious issues in Dove valley and hopefully they are being corrected now..

Dirk
05-09-2009, 06:05 AM
I'm sure there were some distractions where the house was concerned.

But Shanny's problem seemed to be the same one that a lot of people have and that is he became too comfortable in his role.

What I mean by this is...he had a sweet deal in Denver, had the keys to the mint so to speak, everything was at his mercy (for the most part) so he lost that desire or hunger to do better because he was comfortable that he wasn't going anywhere for a long time.

I loved Shanny being the coach of the Broncos. He did a lot of good. But he also started to decline after the Elway years and not really thinking he would lose his job.

One thing seems to always be certain...change! We can all be replaced at anytime in our jobs in life. I think Shanny never felt that way after he won the SBs.

But alas, none of us really knows, we can only speculate.

Lonestar
05-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm sure there were some distractions where the house was concerned.

But Shanny's problem seemed to be the same one that a lot of people have and that is he became too comfortable in his role.

What I mean by this is...he had a sweet deal in Denver, had the keys to the mint so to speak, everything was at his mercy (for the most part) so he lost that desire or hunger to do better because he was comfortable that he wasn't going anywhere for a long time.
I loved Shanny being the coach of the Broncos. He did a lot of good. But he also started to decline after the Elway years and not really thinking he would lose his job.

One thing seems to always be certain...change! We can all be replaced at anytime in our jobs in life. I think Shanny never felt that way after he won the SBs.

But alas, none of us really knows, we can only speculate.

this is the huge key..

who would build a 35K Sq ft house in a town that he feared leaving.. Afterall he had a contract for life!!!

he did superb job early in using FA to fill out the team he was left with... and that was pretty sweet HOF players in Sharpe, John, and ZIM. He added a few guys and then struck gold with TD..

But because of lousy drafting and an over reliance on FA's the team went into a period of decline and ONLY his offensive prowess kept the boat afloat the past 5-6 years..

After firing Robinson he went through a series of DC that for the most part left because they would not stand for his lack of passion for getting quality Defensive players other than LB's in the draft and his almost obsession of picking up has beens via FA.. until he found the perfect dupe in slowitt who did want mike wanted.. and we all saw how that worked out..

I'll bet that mike called Pats bluff on firing slowitt and thought he would win on it and was totally surprised when Pat fired him..

I firmly believe that he was so convinced of his friendship with Pat and his past accomplishments, he would ride out the strom...