PDA

View Full Version : Crickets are chirping

sanluis
05-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Must be the off season!!

So are you silly ponies going to win 3 games this year? I know Denver gets to play Oakland and KC twice but I still have my doubts!!!!!!:lol:

Oakland might just sweep you guys this year:shocked:

Foochacho
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
10-6

We will have 3 wins by week 3

MasterShake
05-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Must be the off season!!

So are you silly ponies going to win 3 games this year? I know Denver gets to play Oakland and KC twice but I still have my doubts!!!!!!:lol:

Oh yea?! well your team..... no, actually you may be on to something. :lol:

sanluis
05-07-2009, 02:14 PM
10-6

We will have 3 wins by week 3

Wow! Explain that one for us!:D

LRtagger
05-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Depends....are you guys going to win more than 8 this year?

gnomeflinger
05-07-2009, 02:25 PM
:cricket:

Lonestar
05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Must be the off season!!

You may be correct except about OAK.. so that would give us 4-12.. Which works for me..

I seem to remember almost decades of the bolts not having a winning record until LT came along..

Simple Jaded
05-07-2009, 02:29 PM
How in the hell does the Most Talented Team Ever Assembled By Mere Mortals manage to win only 8 games?.......

GEM
05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
How in the hell does the Most Talented Team Ever Assembled By Mere Mortals manage to win only 8 games?.......

How does that Most Talented Team Ever Assembled By Mere Mortals have to go back to the days of the AFL to see their last "Super Bowl" win....what was it even called back then?

underrated29
05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I think we start the season off 6-1. But then we only win 3 more games after that.

Oh and San. you do not want to awaken the sleeping giant.

sanluis
05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Depends....are you guys going to win more than 8 this year?

If we do win 8 or 9 we will make the playoffs with the current state of the AFCW!!

It all depends on the health of the O-line and D-line. We have key players coming off injuries. Marcus our Left tackle,Hardwick our pro bowl center and Jamal the wall Williams are all coming off surgeries along with the injuries to LT, Gates and Merriman we have a lot of questions! Then there is the Norv factor. :shocked:

Still, I think we will win the division again and if healthy maybe this will be our year. I like some of the young guys we just picked up in the draft so I am looking for at least 11 win season. I think we will sweep the division and pick up 5 other wins. :D

sanluis
05-07-2009, 03:34 PM
How does that Most Talented Team Ever Assembled By Mere Mortals have to go back to the days of the AFL to see their last "Super Bowl" win....what was it even called back then?

Hi Gem!!!! :kiss:It was a AFL championship way back in 1963!!

Now remember before you get on your high horse it has been a while for your Broncos. It isn't 1998 anymore :lol:

sanluis
05-07-2009, 03:37 PM
I think we start the season off 6-1. But then we only win 3 more games after that.

Oh and San. you do not want to awaken the sleeping giant.

Giant?? All I see is a desperate owner and you cute little ponies!! :D

GEM
05-07-2009, 03:40 PM

Now remember before you get on your high horse it has been a while for your Broncos. It isn't 1998 anymore :lol:

The difference between 11 years and 46 is HUGE!

:kiss:

T.K.O.
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
8-8 teams fans dont get to talk smack....

Thnikkaman
05-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Must be the off season!!

Depends, has Shawn Merriman introduced everyone on your team to the wonders of HGH?

T.K.O.
05-07-2009, 03:43 PM

as is the difference between 2 SUPERBOWL RINGS AND NONE !:elefant:

T.K.O.
05-07-2009, 03:45 PM
the difference is when the broncos go 8-8 we fire our coach and rebuild the entire team
when the bolts go 8-8 they're thrilled !

sanluis
05-07-2009, 03:45 PM

Beautiful and good with numbers!! :D

sanluis
05-07-2009, 03:48 PM

Then we both would be out!! I guess we have to close this entire section of the board!! Tned???

:lol:

sanluis
05-07-2009, 03:56 PM
the difference is when the broncos go 8-8 we fire our coach and rebuild the entire team
when the bolts go 8-8 they're thrilled !

Well, let's look at that a bit more closely. Denver did go 8-8 after the biggest collapse in the entire history of the NFL. The embarrassment has driven the owner insane and the fans are close behind him. The QB was so ashamed he left town in disgrace.

So there was a little more to this re-building project. That and the Browns were all out of spare washed out D-linemen. :lol:

Dreadnought
05-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Well, let's look at that a bit more closely. Denver did go 8-8 after the biggest collapse in the entire history of the NFL. The embarrassment has driven the owner insane and the fans are close behind him. The QB was so ashamed he left town in disgrace.

So there was a little more to this re-building project. That and the Browns were all out of spare washed out D-linemen. :lol:

Those Browncos weren't that bad - and a big improvement over that mess Slowick and Bates fielded. Dumping those guys was not smart and began a process of not good stuff for us.

sanluis
05-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Those Browncos weren't that bad - and a big improvement over that mess Slowick and Bates fielded. Dumping those guys was not smart and began a process of not good stuff for us.

Well that is a sad testament to the state of the defense!! :shocked::D

Dreadnought
05-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Not really. It was a pretty good defense by and large from 2003 to until @ week 6 or so of 2006. Around then the wheels seemed to come off and we hit the panic button after that Season. Enter Jim Bates, proof things can always get worse

topscribe
05-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Um, San Diego has never won a Super Bowl, having been blown out in their
only appearance ever in 1994.

It isn't 1963 anymore, either. :coffee:

-----

sanluis
05-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Not really. It was a pretty good defense by and large from 2003 to until @ week 6 or so of 2006. Around then the wheels seemed to come off and we hit the panic button after that Season. Enter Jim Bates, proof things can always get worse

It was a very good D. Injuries most notably to Al Wilson derailed the D and then Shanny scapegoated both coaches and players IMO.

Dreadnought
05-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Just for you, San Luis - your last Championship QB

http://www.remembertheafl.com/images/1964Topps171Rote.jpg

sanluis
05-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Um, San Diego has never won a Super Bowl, having been blown out in their
only appearance ever in 1994.

It isn't 1963 anymore, either. :coffee:

-----

So, you guys going to win more than three games this year tops?? :confused:

:D

MOtorboat
05-07-2009, 05:13 PM

Is Rivers crying because his butt-buddy Cutler left for Chicago and he won't see him this season?

topscribe
05-07-2009, 05:14 PM

No, I'm not. I'm going to sit right here on my sofa and watch them lose . . .

. . . six games, that is. And SD will not be one of them . . . :coffee:

-----

sanluis
05-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Is Rivers crying because his butt-buddy Cutler left for Chicago and he won't see him this season?

:listen:Some in Denver are crying a river.

Dreadnought
05-07-2009, 06:19 PM

Please Mo - Cutler doesn't swing that way, and as long as Rivers can still shower with Nick Hardwicke he wont be bothered a bit. I don't see Rivers as a guy who sleeps around...

T.K.O.
05-07-2009, 07:05 PM

and that broncos collapse you spoke of was the only way the lowly bolts got to the playoffs,thats kind of a sad statement to,dont you think?:D

MOtorboat
05-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Please Mo - Cutler doesn't swing that way, and as long as Rivers can still shower with Nick Hardwicke he wont be bothered a bit. I don't see Rivers as a guy who sleeps around...

Yeah, either way, neither are old enough where they should be having sex anyway...:laugh:

dogfish
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
hey san luis. . . .

chargers suck. . . . :listen:

MasterShake
05-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Ok, I've been thinking about this thread all day, and I am PISSED! I am not going to STAND here and listen you bash a Broncos team that blew a 3 game lead last year in the biggest meltdown in NFL history....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/MISC/ED_02SideChair_F.jpg

Ahhhh...There, thats much better. Carry on.

topscribe
05-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Ok, I've been thinking about this thread all day, and I am PISSED! I am not going to STAND here and listen you bash a Broncos team that blew a 3 game lead last year in the biggest meltdown in NFL history....

I'm not quite yet relaxed.

Can you show me a recliner?

-----

sanluis
05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
hey san luis. . . .

chargers suck. . . . :listen:

:mad::lol:

sanluis
05-11-2009, 12:40 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/mcdaniels-jersey.jpg

Look a little kid wants his money back!! :lol::D

dogfish
05-11-2009, 12:52 PM
:mad::lol:

sorry man, that's all i got. . . . :whoknows:

sanluis
05-12-2009, 10:02 AM

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/wireless_audio_recliner.jpg

Here is a nice recliner. Maybe if you and Tops go in together you can get a better deal--- volume discount or something?

:D:lol:

Northman
05-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Who are these Chargers you speak of?

Thnikkaman
05-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Here is a nice recliner. Maybe if you and Tops go in together you can get a better deal--- volume discount or something?

:D:lol:

I love your avatar. Its always a good indicator of the content of your posts.

sanluis
05-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I love your avatar. Its always a good indicator of the content of your posts.

LOL! And yet you keep coming back for more! :D

dogfish
05-12-2009, 01:05 PM
i think top might be more comfortable with something like this:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3397/wz705rockingchair.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wz705rockingchair.jpg)

Thnikkaman
05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
LOL! And yet you keep coming back for more! :D

Way to insult yourself. :salute:

Thnikkaman
05-12-2009, 02:27 PM
i think top might be more comfortable with something like this:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3397/wz705rockingchair.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wz705rockingchair.jpg)

With one of these sitting across his lap.

http://www.mobilecateringbusiness.com/images/shotgun.jpg

sanluis
05-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Way to insult yourself. :salute:

http://ui03.gamespot.com/514/batmandarkknightjoker_2.jpg

:confused:

Thnikkaman
05-12-2009, 06:07 PM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/w/why_so_serious_cat-12947.jpg

sanluis
05-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Time for Denver to look in the mirror and get ready for a rebuilding year Ala the KC chefs. 2-14 is what you guys and gals get to look forward to this coming season.

Someone here said 10-6????? step away from the bottle man!!:lol: Now I am not saying every game will be a blow out. they should all be close if Denver's stellar O-line can stay healthy. I like Denver's chances to run the ball as well.

The D and lack of talent on special teams is going to make Denver.... well, special! :shocked:

Then there is the Kyle Orton factor. His sad completion % and Marshall's pending suspension will be hard on the young team and even harder on the fans! Then who did you give the #1 over all pick to next year for a 5-9" scrub that will be eaten alive by all the 6-6" wide-outs in the AFCW??

Nice move there on that trade:laugh:

It's like a train wreck ...you just can't look away!

OrangeHoof
05-15-2009, 07:22 PM

Except in the NFC West or the AFC West.

The Chargers ought to be heavy favorites to win the division but as long as they are run by chokers like Marty Schottenheimer and Norv Turner, they will never be Super Bowl winners.

dogfish
05-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Time for Denver to look in the mirror and get ready for a rebuilding year Ala the KC chefs. 2-14 is what you guys and gals get to look forward to this coming season.

Someone here said 10-6????? step away from the bottle man!!:lol: Now I am not saying every game will be a blow out. they should all be close if Denver's stellar O-line can stay healthy. I like Denver's chances to run the ball as well.

The D and lack of talent on special teams is going to make Denver.... well, special! :shocked:

Then there is the Kyle Orton factor. His sad completion % and Marshall's pending suspension will be hard on the young team and even harder on the fans! Then who did you give the #1 over all pick to next year for a 5-9" scrub that will be eaten alive by all the 6-6" wide-outs in the AFCW??

lemme guess-- boss letcha out early 'cause it was friday, and you and the fellas headed down to the local applebees for some cheap margueritas?

:laugh:

Broncospsycho77
05-15-2009, 10:25 PM
:eek:

The D and lack of talent on special teams is going to make Denver.... well, special!

Philip Rivers just called. He's waiting for you in the shower. He sounded urgent. :shocked:

T.K.O.
05-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Norv Turner
Regular Season: 77-95

Postseason: 4-3

Experience: 9

Career record: 81-98

lol

sanluis
05-18-2009, 01:27 PM
:cricket::cricket::cricket:

sanluis
05-18-2009, 01:53 PM
"I came out of college, I didn't have any stats," said Quinn, who had 12 career catches. "That was a major issue, at least that's what I thought. '"

Nice second round pick!! pat has a heck of a front office!:shocked: Where did he get these guys?

T.K.O.
05-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Nice second round pick!! pat has a heck of a front office!:shocked: Where did he get these guys?

,, ESPN.com ranks the top 50 draft busts.Comment Email Print Share ESPN.com

But for every player who comes in, makes an immediate impact and becomes a perennial Pro Bowler, there are those who struggle to find their way and are out of the league in no time.

Here is ESPN.com's ranking of the top 50 busts in NFL draft history. These lists reflect players selected since the NFL and the old American Football League merged drafts in 1967.

16-30 | 31-50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. QB Ryan Leaf (Washington State)

Drafted by: Chargers, first round, No. 2 overall, 1998
The Chargers gave up plenty to move up one spot to select Leaf, who many felt was a better prospect than Tennessee QB Peyton Manning. With a lifetime 4-17 record as a starter with the Chargers (4-14) and Cowboys (0-3), Leaf threw 14 TD passes and 36 interceptions and was sacked 65 times in 25 games in four NFL seasons. Meanwhile, Manning reportedly is doing well with the Colts.

• Matt Mosley: Leaf at peace with his NFL failure :lol::laugh:

dogfish
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM

sez the guy whose FO burned picks to move up to the second round to take jacob hester!

7th rounder peyton hillis >>>>> 2nd rounder jacob hester

T.K.O.
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Here is ESPN.com's ranking of the top 50 busts in NFL draft history. These lists reflect players selected since the NFL and the old American Football League merged drafts in 1967.
#1. QB Ryan Leaf (Washington State)
:

and thats ALL TIME ! at least san diego can finally say they were 1st at something !!!!!!!:congrats:

sanluis
05-18-2009, 04:30 PM
sez the guy whose FO burned picks to move up to the second round to take jacob hester!

7th rounder peyton hillis >>>>> 2nd rounder jacob hester

2ND round Jacob Hester is a better deal than a 2ND and the first over all pick in the 2010 draft for a 5'-9" corner. If tiny doesn't play like Champ Baily then you all got the shaft!:D

Lonestar
05-18-2009, 04:55 PM
2ND round Jacob Hester is a better deal than a 2ND and the first over all pick in the 2010 draft for a 5'-9" corner. If tiny doesn't play like Champ Baily then you all got the shaft!:D

If he plays better than bly we are heads an above ahead of the game..

by that I mean can tackle..

dogfish
05-18-2009, 05:51 PM

not if smith's a good player. . . i wasn't a big fan of the move, but i'd rather overpay for a guy who's productive than overpay for a guy who's useless. . . . your FO has had their swings and misses lately, and you know it! just ask buster davis if you don't believe me. . .

at least doogie and xanders have the excuse of inexperience-- i'm certainly hoping that they'll learn to value their picks a little more. . . AJ's been doing this for quite some time now, what's his excuse? can you say "desperation?" make sure your fingers don't get pinched in that window as it closes. . . . ;)

Foochacho
09-28-2009, 11:12 PM
bump, check out the second post in this thread :beer:

I rule bitches.

Thnikkaman
09-28-2009, 11:25 PM
10-6

we will have 3 wins by week 3

qft

sanluis
09-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Congrats again on the outstanding start to your season. The D has been way better than I thought it would be so far this year. The O-line has been stellar as well allowing Orton to make plays.

Now that the easy part is over let's see what happens the rest of the way...