PDA

View Full Version : Broncos interested in Levi Jones?

ikillz0mbies
05-06-2009, 07:54 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-7-726/Broncos-may-pursue-Levi-Jones.html

A source close to the situation said the Denver Broncos are one of a handful of teams expressing interest in left tackle Levi Jones, who was cut by Cincinnati on Wednesday.

Denver would only pursue Jones as a backup. The team has Ryan Clady, who earned second-team All-Pro honors as a rookie in 2008. The Broncos are fairly thin at backup tackle.

Jones is a veteran and would be a strong insurance policy. Jones has only played left tackle so Denver would likely only be interested in him as a backup to Clady.

Jones wants to pursue starting jobs. He'd likely be more interested in potential openings in Buffalo or Detroit. If the Denver option becomes appealing to Jones, expect it to be down the road if the starting possibilities dry up.

Don't expect Oakland and Jones to come to an agreement. The Raiders have just signed Khalif Barnes to play left tackle. Jones and Barnes have the same agent.

horsepig
05-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Do we need him? Who, besides Harris is Clady's backup?

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm not buying it, Doogie will probably trade Ryan Clady for Matt Light and another backup RB or tired ass DB.......maybe a ST's Gunner.......

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm not buying it, Doogie will probably trade Ryan Clady for another backup RB or tired ass DB.......maybe a ST's Gunner.......

:rolleyes:

Let's talk about a fictional doctor trading Cutler, shall we?

I think this thread said something about Levi Jones, who was a Bengal, not a Bear, and the Broncos might be interested, and Cutler isn't a Bronco, so I'm not really sure how this post is relevant? :noidea:

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 09:24 PM
:rolleyes:

Let's talk about a fictional doctor trading Cutler, shall we?

I think this thread said something about Levi Jones, who was a Bengal, not a Bear, and the Broncos might be interested, and Cutler isn't a Bronco, so I'm not really sure how this post is relevant? :noidea:

I wasn't really going for relevant, just obnoxious.......

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I wasn't really going for relevant, just obnoxious.......

Not surprising.

honz
05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm not buying it, Doogie will probably trade Ryan Clady for Matt Light and another backup RB or tired ass DB.......maybe a ST's Gunner.......

I laughed out loud...

:coffee:

G_Money
05-07-2009, 10:45 AM
We signed Gorin a coupla weeks ago for this, didn't we? And we have Polumbus too. Polumbus doesn't have experience, but Gorin does.

I don't mind an excess of tackle talent, but is Levi really gonna come play on a team with two guys who are likely to keep him on the bench the whole year and mess up his next payday too? Unless Harris has more back issues, I guess.

Just seems odd. As the article says, we would pretty much have to be his last fallback option if everything else dries up.

~G

Slick
05-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Is he big enough to play the nose? :elefant:

Superchop 7
05-07-2009, 12:55 PM
He would be great trade bait.