PDA

View Full Version : My draft would have been

Superchop 7
05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
12- Orakpo- "Dominant" translates to any team.
18- Ayers- If he slid, which he did, you grab him.
37- Maualuga- Sliding....you get him.
48- Moore- Solid player....good value.
64- Jarron Gilbert- value pick.
114- Brinkley- like his potential.
132- Nic Harris- my guy.
141- Ringer- better get a RB or homies will lose it.
174- Pryor- yeah, he's a character....but it's pick 174
226- Shipley- filling a need.

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Any word on their punt, pass and kick numbers?

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
12--Moreno
18--Ayers
48--A. Smith/McBath
79--McBath/TJ. Lang or ?
84--R. Quinn

Forget the players that I wanted, if it happened like this, I'd have no problem at all. Trading that No1 for a 2nd round talent and failing to get value for those No3's are the reasons this draft fails.......

horsepig
05-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I hope to hell Quinn is that good.

honz
05-06-2009, 09:34 PM
We really didn't trade 2 3rd rounders to move up and get Quinn. We traded 2 3rd rounders, got a 2nd round pick, and moved back into the 4th. Not nearly as bad when you look at it that way. We got a 2nd and 4th round pick instead of 2 3rd rounders...pretty solid deal as long as Quinn turns into a player.

Italianmobstr7
05-06-2009, 09:38 PM
132- Nic Harris- my guy.

Your draft is ghey. Orakpo is going to suck. Maualuga doesn't fit our system obviously, otherwise we would've drafted him with the 3 chances we had. Nic Harris doesn't have NFL speed. I do like Brinkley. We don't need Ringer, we have MORENO. AQ Shipley would've been a nice pick, but we got the OG/OC out of Iowa who I'm sure will fit the system.

BroncoWave
05-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Your draft is ghey. Orakpo is going to suck. Maualuga doesn't fit our system obviously, otherwise we would've drafted him with the 3 chances we had. Nic Harris doesn't have NFL speed. I do like Brinkley. We don't need Ringer, we have MORENO. AQ Shipley would've been a nice pick, but we got the OG/OC out of Iowa who I'm sure will fit the system.

But per his mock we didn't get Moreno, making Ringer a solid pick. (I agree that Moreno would be a better pick than Orakpo though.)

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 10:06 PM
We really didn't trade 2 3rd rounders to move up and get Quinn. We traded 2 3rd rounders, got a 2nd round pick, and moved back into the 4th. Not nearly as bad when you look at it that way. We got a 2nd and 4th round pick instead of 2 3rd rounders...pretty solid deal as long as Quinn turns into a player.

Denver got 64 and 132 for a total of 310 points, they gave up the 78th and 84th for a total of 370 points.......they lost the equivalent of another 4th round pick in the deal, in fact, the 60 points they lost is worth an even higher 4th rounder than the one they got in the deal. Taking compensatory picks into the equation actually makes the deal even more lopsided, the 132nd pick was 4 slots lower because of the 4 Comp Picks given out at the end of the 3rd round, making the 62 points equivalent of the 116th pick.

Combine that with the No1 he gave for a No2 and Doogie was throwing draft picks around Bailouts.

The 48th pick (McBath) and the 84th picks were worth 590 points, 60 points more than the pick they used to draft Alphonso Smith, just in case you were wondering.......so if Doogie was willing to take a 60 point loss he should have at least kept the 2010 1st rounder if he didn't want to take the chance on Smith still being there in ten picks.......

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Denver got 64 and 132 for a total of 310 points, they gave up the 78th and 84th for a total of 370 points.......they lost the equivalent of another 4th round pick in the deal, in fact, the 60 points they lost is worth an even higher 4th rounder than the one they got in the deal. Taking compensatory picks into the equation actually makes the deal even more lopsided, the 132nd pick was 4 slots lower because of the 4 Comp Picks given out at the end of the 3rd round, making the 62 points equivalent of the 116th pick.

Combine that with the No1 he gave for a No2 and Doogie was throwing draft picks around Bailouts.

The 48th pick (McBath) and the 84th picks were worth 590 points, 60 points more than the pick they used to draft Alphonso Smith, just in case you were wondering.......so if Doogie was willing to take a 60 point loss he should have at least kept the 2010 1st rounder if he didn't want to take the chance on Smith still being there in ten picks.......

I'm really big about judging players before they play, how about you?

Ravage!!!
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
we took two mid thirds to move UP to the last pick in the 2nd round...(basically a third round pick).. and the last pick in the 4th round (basically a 5th round pick).

So two thirds for a third and fifth (point wise the last pick in the 2nd and first pick in the third are just a few points difference.. same as the last pick in the fourth and first pick in the fifth........ just in case someone is saying that perspective is WAY off)

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 10:20 PM

I'm not judging the players in this case, I'm judging Doogie's incompetence.......

UnderArmour
05-06-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm not judging the players in this case, I'm judging Doogie's incompetence.......

Well after Alphonso Smith has 10 INTs and 4 Forced Fumbles we can all forget about this.

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Well after Alphonso Smith has 10 INTs and 4 Forced Fumbles we can all forget about this.

Depends on who is available when Seattle picks.......Carlos Dunlap, Sam Bradford, Gerald McCoy, Eric Berry, not having the extra pick means all of these players are out of reach.......Smith is not a Top10 player.......

Italianmobstr7
05-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Depends on who is available when Seattle picks.......Carlos Dunlap, Sam Bradford, Gerald McCoy, Eric Berry, not having the extra pick means all of these players are out of reach.......Smith is not a Top10 player.......

That remains to be seen...

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
That remains to be seen...

One 10Int season does not make the risk worth it, btw, Smith will have to become an elite player if Seattle is picking Top10.

It's a gamble that the Broncos cannot afford, there are too many question marks with Smith and too little collateral on the roster to cash that check.

If Smith isn't there at 48, than oh well! He's that type of player TODAY, a 2nd round talent in a very weak draft, and there is not enough to gamble that he'll be worth it down the road.......

Italianmobstr7
05-06-2009, 11:58 PM
One 10Int season does not make the risk worth it, btw, Smith will have to become an elite player if Seattle is picking Top10.

It's a gamble that the Broncos cannot afford, there are too many question marks with Smith and too little collateral on the roster to cash that check.

If Smith isn't there at 48, than oh well! He's that type of player TODAY, a 2nd round talent in a very weak draft, and there is not enough to gamble that he'll be worth it down the road.......

It's still not a fact... Until we see Smith play we don't know how good he is. It may be a gamble but if Smith ends up being a Champ Bailey type of corner, then it's all worth it. Flat out we will not know if the Smith pick is worth it for years. Obviously McD saw something in Smith. We gave up a 1st for him. He may be a bust, he may be elite. We won't know for a while. So anything that you state as a fact until we honestly know if he's worth it, holds no water whatsoever. That's the point I'm trying to make here. We simply do not know. No matter what you say or think, we still don't know.

NameUsedBefore
05-07-2009, 12:14 AM
I think the issue is that McD clearly thinks he can win now, and many believe we should be building.

Obviously trading thirds for a blocking tight-end you absolutely want and a 1st for a 2nd to get that corner you want are signs of win-now mentality. I'm just not buying it.

Simple Jaded
05-07-2009, 12:23 AM
He will have to be The Next Champ Bailey to justify the arrogance of this trade, not many Champ Bailey's found in the 2nd round of a draft that is this pathetic.......

sneakers
05-07-2009, 12:24 AM
If wishes were fishes, we'd all be swimming in poop.

Italianmobstr7
05-07-2009, 01:10 AM
He will have to be The Next Champ Bailey to justify the arrogance of this trade, not many Champ Bailey's found in the 2nd round of a draft that is this pathetic.......

Again...We don't know if this draft is pathetic. NONE OF THE PLAYERS HAVE PLAYED YET. You can ASSUME that all the players are bad, or whatever but you have no basis for anything. People are wrong about drafted players all of the time. There may not be many Champ Baileys in the 2nd round. But there's a lot of busts in the first round, and there's gems in the late rounds. For you to say that this draft is "weak" just flat out isn't true because no one knows yet. This draft could suck, or it could put out 50 hall of fame players. Alphonso Smith doesn't have to be the next Champ to justify the trade either. All he has to do is play well. He may be a bust, but whoever we would have drafted next year might have been a bust. There's nothing we can do about it now, so you might as well get over it and just support the team.

Tempus Fugit
05-07-2009, 01:36 AM

You act as if this is the first time this move has ever been made. The Carolina Panthers did the same thing, in this very draft (although they didn't trade up as high as Denver did, and got a 4th back).

Why are you investing so much time in hating a coach who has no influence on you other than what you allow him, just because a quarterback acted like an idiot and got himself traded? It's particularly silly because the quarterback acted like a child over something that happens all the time in the NFL.

Simple Jaded
05-07-2009, 01:44 AM
You act as if this is the first time this move has ever been made. The Carolina Panthers did the same thing, in this very draft (although they didn't trade up as high as Denver did, and got a 4th back).

Why are you investing so much time in hating a coach who's got no influence on you other than what you allow him just because a quarterback acted like an idiot and got himself traded? It's particularly silly because the quarterback acted like a child over something that happens all the time in the NFL.

It makes you look bad, not the coach.

You act as if the Broncos are in the position that the Panthers are in, the Panthers are a rock solid SB contending team, and the other key is the 4th round pick they got in addition.

I don't like Doogie because he's incompetent and clearly in over his head, say what you want about Cutler, but this team is in a worse condition that it was a Month+ ago because of that coach who has no influence on me.

I couldn't care less what that makes me look like, honestly.

And no, Franchise QB's do not get traded all the time in the NFL, especially for career backups like Matt Cassell.......

Italianmobstr7
05-07-2009, 02:24 AM
You act as if the Broncos are in the position that the Panthers are in, the Panthers are a rock solid SB contending team, and the other key is the 4th round pick they got in addition.

I don't like Doogie because he's incompetent and clearly in over his head, say what you want about Cutler, but this team is in a worse condition that it was a Month+ ago because of that coach who has no influence on me.

And no, Franchise QB's do not get traded all the time in the NFL, especially for career backups like Matt Cassell.......

Cutler's not a proven "franchise qb" yet. He's 17-20. Ben Roethlisberger is a franchise QB. So is Peyton Manning. So is Tom Brady. Cutler may be there some day, but right now he's not, and if he doesn't mature he'll never get there. McDaniels is not incompetent and he's not "clearly in over his head." He hasn't even coached a game! You're so quick to rush judgement just because the FO didn't do exactly what you wanted. It's ridiculous. If McDaniels was "incompetent" then Pat Bowlen wouldn't have hired him. He's responsible for directing the most potent offense in NFL HISTORY. He's helped make Tom Brady what he is, and he helped turn Matt Cassell, a career backup into a rising star. If he can work wonders with Cassell, then he can work wonders with Orton.

I realize that you're not happy about Cutler being gone and probably about Shanny being gone, but get the hell over it man. It's over and done with. Give McDaniels a chance to coach a few games before you start dogging him unrelentlessly. Give the draft picks a year before you consider them all busts and worthless wastes of picks. Few people thought that Royal would be what he is, but guys that you may think suck might actually be awesome. So give them a chance. I'm not saying not to question things. But it's in every one of your posts. At some point you need to let go and move on. Almost everybody was upset the way the Cutler thing played out. But people realize that it's over. He's gone, and he's not coming back. Bitching about it in every post isn't going to change a thing. And as much as you hate McDaniels, he's OUR coach. You may not like his decisions, but we've got to live with him. You're going to be eating a lot of crow if we win 10 games this year...

Tempus Fugit
05-07-2009, 02:26 AM

This post makes my point perfectly, so thanks for it.

1.) The Panthers went 8-8 and 7-9 in the two seasons prior to last year. Last year, they traded a future first round pick in order to get Jeff Otah. Along with that first, they gave up a second and a fourth. This year they went 12-4 and then traded ANOTHER future first round pick, this time for the second and fourth I mentioned above.

2.) You're calling him incompetent before the team's even gotten to its first training camp under the man. Calling him Doogie and incompetent at this stage just tells other people that there is no reason to take you seriously, and it will undermine any valid points you may have now or in the future.

3.) Brett Favre was traded. Ken Stabler was traded. Joe Montana was traded. At every stage of their careers, franchise quarterbacks have been traded. Sometimes it works out for the team they get traded to, sometimes it doesn't. However, what I was referring to is trade talks, not necessarily actual trades.

4.) Calling Cutler a franchise quarterback doesn't make him one. He's still waiting to QB a team to a winning season, under him, for the first time since High School. That "Career backup" is 1 season ahead of him there. Cutler may turn out to be a franchise quarterback but, right now, he's just Jeff George. Cassel, meanwhile, was actually slapped with the franchise tag, and then traded for by a man who's won executive of the year multiple times in the NFL.

5.) Matt Cassel had a higher passer rating last year than Cutler's had at any time in the NFL. Cassel's INT% was 2.1%. Cutler's career best is 2.9%. Cassel, despite a slow start, had 21 touchdowns last year and 11 interceptions. That's a 1.91/1 ratio. Cutler, in his third season as a starter, threw 25 and 18, for a 1.39/1 ratio. Cassel led his team to the #8 spot in scoring. Cutler led his team to the #16 spot in scoring. Looking at the numbers, that "career backup" owned Cutler last year.

honz
05-07-2009, 02:28 AM
13-3. Super Bowl. Book it. Orton 4 MVP.

Simple Jaded
05-07-2009, 03:14 AM
This post makes my point perfectly, so thanks for it.

You're welcome.......

1.) The Panthers went 8-8 and 7-9 in the two seasons prior to last year. Last year, they traded a future first round pick in order to get Jeff Otah. Along with that first, they gave up a second and a fourth. This year they went 12-4 and then traded ANOTHER future first round pick, this time for the second and fourth I mentioned above.

The Panthers didn't trade their No1 for a No2 when they were 8-8 and heading the wrong direction, they traded a No1 for a No1.......big difference. They trade a 20ish No1 for a lower No2 (43rd) and got a No4 out of it after going 12-4, they have a lot more talent than do the Broncos, so they can afford to take that risk.......

2.) You're calling him incompetent before the team's even gotten to its first training camp under the man. Calling him Doogie and incompetent at this stage just tells other people that there is no reason to take you seriously, and it will undermine any valid points you may have now or in the future.

I'm calling him incompetent because he's done more damage in a Month+ than Shanahan did in a Decade and a Half.......I honestly do not care if you take anything I say seriously, either now or in the future.......

3.) Brett Favre was traded. Ken Stabler was traded. Joe Montana was traded. At every stage of their careers, franchise quarterbacks have been traded. Sometimes it works out for the team they get traded to, sometimes it doesn't. However, what I was referring to is trade talks, not necessarily actual trades.

Brett Favre wasn't traded when he was 25 and going into his prime, and the Packers already had a talented replacement when they traded him, same with Montana.......Stabler was way before my time, I'm guessing the same is true for him, if not, than you're just playing the "Exception Game". Let's not pretend to know if trade talks for 25 year old Franchise QB's happen as often as you say, and let's not pretend that it makes a difference.......

4.) Calling Cutler a franchise quarterback doesn't make him one. He's still waiting to QB a team to a winning season, under him, for the first time since High School. That "Career backup" is 1 season ahead of him there. Cutler may turn out to be a franchise quarterback but, right now, he's just Jeff George. Cassel, meanwhile, was actually slapped with the franchise tag, and then traded for by a man who's won executive of the year multiple times in the NFL.

If you're going to argue that Cutler is not a Franchise QB, then I think we're done here, Cassell wasn't traded for two No1's, a No3 and a stiff because he's not as talented as Cutler.......and that executive of the year just gave Matt Cassell 36 million guaranteed. And Cassell just led an 18-1 team right out of the playoffs.

"The way I look at this is there's only six or seven franchise quarterbacks in this league," Mayock said. "Getting rid of one of them, I just don't understand the whole thing".......

5.) Matt Cassel had a higher passer rating last year than Cutler's had at any time in the NFL. Cassel's INT% was 2.1%. Cutler's career best is 2.9%. Cassel, despite a slow start, had 21 touchdowns last year and 11 interceptions. That's a 1.91/1 ratio. Cutler, in his third season as a starter, threw 25 and 18, for a 1.39/1 ratio. Cassel led his team to the #8 spot in scoring. Cutler led his team to the #16 spot in scoring. Looking at the numbers, that "career backup" owned Cutler last year.

Cutler had his share of sexy stats too, including 8 dropped TD passes, I noticed you leave out the ones where Cutler owned that "career backup". Cutler will always be on the high end of the Int%, that's the way he plays football, John Elway's Career Int% was even higher than Cutler's. The problem is, fans wet their pants much easier these day's......
:welcome:.......

Elevation inc
05-07-2009, 03:40 AM
well i disagree i would have gone

1. Moreno
1. Ayers
2. Alphonso Smith
3. S Darcel MCbath
3. Richard Quinn
4. David Bruton
5. WR Kenny Mckinely
6. Brandstater
7. Olsen
7. Schuleter

i love the players we got and what they bring, i am just pissed about the trades and value. people can sugarcoat it all you want, bottom line is MCD and xanders got took a bit in the war room. the players are very good players and all should be solid for us and stick. problem is when you evaluate a good draft front to back the value should be good as well and it wasnt.....im glad they got there players and if they felt they had to move so be it.

my guess is they moved the way they did more to being rookies in the war room then the neccessity of that player being taken before there pick......i wont go as far as blaming it on incompetence but rest assured there was some naivity in the FO on draft day

i dont hate a single player we got, in fact i like them all(a first for me), but people are kidding themselves if they think the value was good !!!!!

omac
05-07-2009, 04:56 AM
well i disagree i would have gone

1. Moreno
1. Ayers
2. Alphonso Smith
3. S Darcel MCbath
3. Richard Quinn
4. David Bruton
5. WR Kenny Mckinely
6. Seth Olsen
7. Schuleter
7. Any Defensive player

i love the players we got and what they bring, i am just pissed about the trades and value. people can sugarcoat it all you want, bottom line is MCD and xanders got took a bit in the war room. the players are very good players and all should be solid for us and stick. problem is when you evaluate a good draft front to back the value should be good as well and it wasnt.....im glad they got there players and if they felt they had to move so be it.

my guess is they moved the way the ydid more to being rookies in the war room then the neccessity of that player being taken before there pick......i wont go as far as blaming it on incompetence but rest assured there was some naivity in the FO on draft day

i dont hate a single player we got, but people are kidding themselves if they think the value was good !!!!!

I agree with your points; we did get some good players, but by this draft, McDaniels doesn't seem the type who'd get a great deal at a car dealership. He'd probably walk in, see the model he likes, and say out loud "I've got to have this car at any cost!" :D

Very un-Belichick-like, in that his mentor is able to exploit other organizations' desperation for specific players, accumulate draft picks, drop down the board, and still get the players he wants. The Pats were able to stockpile draft picks for next season, while we burned a 1st rounder to get a 2nd round cb; makes me think if Belichick wanted Smith, he'd be able to get him much cheaper.

omac
05-07-2009, 05:41 AM
132- Nic Harris- my guy.

Some real nice choices, based on the positions we had. No way should we burn a 1st rounder to get a 2nd rounder (and a cb at that), but since it's done ...

I like Orapko, Ayers, and Maualuga. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Brace instead of Maualuga; a lot here wanted to get Brace in the 2nd round way before the draft, and Belichick's interest in him makes me think he could be very solid.

I really like the Gilbert pick too. The guy's got great size and athleticism, and was projected by some to go earlier, so there's value there. Like Belichick, the Bears are also pretty good at defense, so them picking him up also makes me think he has some promise.

I also liked what GB did. Like us, they're switching to a 3-4, and Capers is going to run it. They focused first on the line, getting the needed NT in Raji, then using lower picks to move their 2nd rounder up to the 1st and snagging OLB Matthews. They saw they had a clear weakness in their DL, and decided to attack it with the draft.

Elevation inc
05-07-2009, 06:02 AM
I agree with your points; we did get some good players, but by this draft, McDaniels doesn't seem the type who'd get a great deal at a car dealership. He'd probably walk in, see the model he likes, and say out loud "I've got to have this car at any cost!" :D

Very un-Belichick-like, in that his mentor is able to exploit other organizations' desperation for specific players, accumulate draft picks, drop down the board, and still get the players he wants. The Pats were able to stockpile draft picks for next season, while we burned a 1st rounder to get a 2nd round cb; makes me think if Belichick wanted Smith, he'd be able to get him much cheaper.

agree very much, but to me that isnt a indication of incompetence as it is perhaps a indicator of to much power to quick, or even simpler yet, plain naivity about how the war room works simply becasue 99% of the FO outside of bowlen and ellis is rookies on there first rodeo.

Now if the same happens next year, we are looking at a trend, and not a good one, and at that point it then starts fast(and i mean very fast) down the road to just being incompetent:lol:

Dirk
05-07-2009, 06:11 AM
I will stand "pat" with the choices that McD made.

I was shaking my head on the A.Smith pick but after looking at video on the kid I think he was worth taking the chance before someone else snagged him.

I love to watch the game, love the Broncos, love every part of the whole "show".

But I am not a talent scout, nor a coach so I have to "hope" that McD, Nolan and Xman saw who they wanted in the draft to make them better and executed their plan.

If they got everyone that they wanted then it was a very successful draft for them. It's what they get paid to do and they did it.

I hope it all pans out on the field because I keep getting more and more excited as the season nears!

omac
05-07-2009, 06:28 AM
I will stand "pat" with the choices that McD made.

I was shaking my head on the A.Smith pick but after looking at video on the kid I think he was worth taking the chance before someone else snagged him.

I love to watch the game, love the Broncos, love every part of the whole "show".

But I am not a talent scout, nor a coach so I have to "hope" that McD, Nolan and Xman saw who they wanted in the draft to make them better and executed their plan.

If they got everyone that they wanted then it was a very successful draft for them. It's what they get paid to do and they did it.

I hope it all pans out on the field because I keep getting more and more excited as the season nears!

No FO will ever admit to not getting the players they wanted to get, nor admit to not working the draft very well. They'll all say they got exactly who they wanted, and justify the picks; even Shanahan did that, hehehe. :D

Good enthusiam, though. I don't think the Broncos will do well this season; in fact, I'm picking Oakland to be 2nd in the pecking order, with Denver and KC fighting to not be last place in the division. I am looking forward to watching Ayers on defense, our 3-4, and Moreno, despite our record. :cheers:

omac
05-07-2009, 06:33 AM
agree very much, but to me that isnt a indication of incompetence as it is perhaps a indicator of to much power to quick, or even simpler yet, plain naivity about how the war room works simply becasue 99% of the FO outside of bowlen and ellis is rookies on there first rodeo.

Now if the same happens next year, we are looking at a trend, and not a good one, and at that point it then starts fast(and i mean very fast) down the road to just being incompetent:lol:

You nailed it on the head with that one word ... naivety. He's obviously very intelligent and very sharp, but he lacks wisdom; hopefully, he learns from his mistakes and gets better. :cheers:

powderaddict
05-07-2009, 09:43 AM

I haven't seen the draft order for next year published (I even looked at nfl.com), where are you getting this "Denver has a top 10 pick" in next years draft info?

Flatinum
05-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I haven't seen the draft order for next year published (I even looked at nfl.com), where are you getting this "Denver has a top 10 pick" in next years draft info?

Didn't you hear - Mike Mayock said the Broncos would be drafting in the top 10 next year.

Dirk
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM

I'm assuming that was a sarcastic remark. Yes? :rolleyes:

If not....they are assuming that Denver will be so bad that their pick will be in the top 10. :D

T.K.O.
05-07-2009, 02:05 PM
did anyone hear mike singletary on total access saying that he had no intention of drafting a wr ,he was going dl.until crabtree fell to him ,he had no choice when that happened because it only made sense to take a player with that kind of potential.
well that sounds exactly like what happened to mcd when raji and jackson were gone ,and moreno was still there he had to take a chance on a possible game changing back the likes of which the broncos havnt had in years.
singletary is viewed as a hero/genius for his move while mcd is mostly gettin bashed for doing the same thing....hmmmm

Lonestar
05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
did anyone hear mike singletary on total access saying that he had no intention of drafting a wr ,he was going dl.until crabtree fell to him ,he had no choice when that happened because it only made sense to take a player with that kind of potential.
well that sounds exactly like what happened to mcd when raji and jackson were gone ,and moreno was still there he had to take a chance on a possible game changing back the likes of which the broncos havnt had in years.
singletary is viewed as a hero/genius for his move while mcd is mostly gettin bashed for doing the same thing....hmmmm

well singeltary is not following Walsh or any hero coach like Josh is..

omac
05-07-2009, 09:02 PM

McDaniels is getting bashed mainly because of the values he gave up for players, specially in drafting during the 2nd round. Giving up a future 1st rounder who could very well be a top 15 pick, for a nickel (or any) cb in the 2nd round, then using the two 3rds to move up to the end of the 2nd round to pick a blocking TE when we have one of the best in the game; those seem expensive for positions that aren't of the greatest need, specially when our DL has been the weakest link in our defense for the last 2 seasons, and given the current players we have and acquired through FA.

It's true that SF had to jump at the chance to get Crabtree when he fell to them, but you have to remember that SF was 13th against the run last season, a far cry from where Denver's defense. Moreno projects to be a very solid player, when you take in how poor the DL has been, with other DL impact players on the board like Orapko, English, etc. ... the pick looks a bit luxurious, specially when you add the RBs the Broncos did acquire through FA.

OrangeHoof
05-07-2009, 10:00 PM
There's nothing we can do about it now, so you might as well get over it and just support the team.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

dogfish
05-07-2009, 10:11 PM
If McDaniels was "incompetent" then Pat Bowlen wouldn't have hired him.

It's still not a fact... Until we see McDaniels coach we don't know how good he is. It may be a gamble but if McDaniels ends up being a Bill Bellyache type of coach, then it's all worth it. Flat out we will not know if the McDaniels hire was the right one for years. Obviously Bowlen saw something in McDaniels. We gave up Shanahan for him. He may be a bust, he may be elite. We won't know for a while. So anything that you state as a fact until we honestly know if he's worth it, holds no water whatsoever. That's the point I'm trying to make here. We simply do not know. No matter what you say or think, we still don't know.

;)

T.K.O.
05-09-2009, 07:14 PM
McDaniels is getting bashed mainly because of the values he gave up for players, specially in drafting during the 2nd round. Giving up a future 1st rounder who could very well be a top 15 pick, for a nickel (or any) cb in the 2nd round, then using the two 3rds to move up to the end of the 2nd round to pick a blocking TE when we have one of the best in the game; those seem expensive for positions that aren't of the greatest need,

i just bumped this because i was over at bc and saw where someone started a thread about the previous years drafting of eddie royal and fans reactions at the time.
it was very interesting to see reactions about not getting defensive players at the time as well,some were upset that we drafted clady ....said he would take a long time to have an impact,same as royal...well,it just goes to show that sometimes we are too short sighted about what is good for the team in the long run.alot of people said we drafted royal way too high,well if you want to be sure and get your guy....better get him regardless of where

omac
05-09-2009, 08:54 PM
i just bumped this because i was over at bc and saw where someone started a thread about the previous years drafting of eddie royal and fans reactions at the time.
it was very interesting to see reactions about not getting defensive players at the time as well,some were upset that we drafted clady ....said he would take a long time to have an impact,same as royal...well,it just goes to show that sometimes we are too short sighted about what is good for the team in the long run.alot of people said we drafted royal way too high,well if you want to be sure and get your guy....better get him regardless of where

I understand that, but my point in the post you responded to was about draft currency/value, specially with respect to team needs.

Coming into the draft last season, we really were targeting a LT with our 1st pick, because our 2007 OL performed horrendously. In the boards, we were deciding who was a better prospect at that position ... Clady vs. Williams. Clady was the superior athlete but played in a weak conference, while Williams played in the SEC. No matter, with our 1st pick, we addressed a great team need.

I was perplexed with the Eddie Royal pick, because his value at the time was projected by most as a kick returner. I thought it was pretty high for that, but then again, we were among the teams with worst starting field position in the NFL in 2007. It turned out, we got our #2 WR.

Draft currency-wise, though, we did not burn next year's number one for either player. That was the whole focus of my earlier post, not that Moreno, Ayers, or Smith won't be good; it's that we gave up a 1st rounder for a nickel CB, and used two 3rds to get a blocking TE. I'd understand moving burning some picks to move up to get positions of greatest need, like if we did that to get Raji. But to burn picks to get a blocking TE, when we have the best in the NFL? To burn a #1 pick to get a CB, when it's our DL that's the main weakness in our defense?

T.K.O.
05-09-2009, 09:00 PM
just found this on espn just more food for thought,you are right we need dl help still but there is no way of knowing if we wasted picks yet

Bobby Beathard, the former general manager of the Washington Redskins and San Diego Chargers, never minded giving up a future first-round choice if he could grab a specific player during a draft.

Beathard won three Super Bowl rings with the Redskins and put together a Chargers team that went to the Super Bowl, but his willingness to trade away future first-rounders always provoked fascinating draft conversation. His opinion was simple: It's better to get the player you believe in now than worry about the future.

Ravage!!!
05-09-2009, 09:04 PM
just found this on espn just more food for thought,you are right we need dl help still but there is no way of knowing if we wasted picks yet

Bobby Beathard, the former general manager of the Washington Redskins and San Diego Chargers, never minded giving up a future first-round choice if he could grab a specific player during a draft.

Beathard won three Super Bowl rings with the Redskins and put together a Chargers team that went to the Super Bowl, but his willingness to trade away future first-rounders always provoked fascinating draft conversation. His opinion was simple: It's better to get the player you believe in now than worry about the future.

But there has been many people that have posted that article, and the rest of it that illustrated how that way of thinking is in the past, and how its a formula for failure more than success.

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 09:05 PM
But there has been many people that have posted that article, and the rest of it that illustrated how that way of thinking is in the past, and how its a formula for failure more than success.

That wasn't the premise of the article at all.

horsepig
05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
This whole draft thing is just nuts! We won't no if the Alphonso Smith was great, good or bad for three friggin years!

I agree wholeheartedly with Bobby Beathard, former player development and head talent man for the Chargers, fook next year, take that guy you like NOW and worry about next year next year.

horsepig
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Did anybody like the Eddie Royal pick last year? I went what the hell? Then I cAUGHT HIS REEL ON U-TUBE AND undid my cap lock and said WOW! Look at this kid! Returner my butt, look at the catches he's making, I'm excited!

Draft good character guys and your team will do well, see Daryll Gardner, Dale Carter, Javon etc... Randy Moss is a freak in more ways than 2 or 3, he found his place at NE. Not even the "crypt keeper (thanks Dog)" could salvage this guy's career. The crypt keeper found players like Otis Sistrunk on the effing docks in SF! I'm rambling, but I do have to give Al his due. Denver probably would never had an NFL franchise without the old creepy guy.

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM

when you are overhauling a whole team outside of OL and WR one would think first rounders are "premium" building blocks..
I like the players smith is.. think he could be a find, but not sold on the notion Nolan is going to turn water into wine with the front seven.. so.. next year's draft maybe McD's last if he cannot turn the the d around quickly..

why this guy is hell bent on shortening his own leash every chance he gets is is beyond me..

horsepig
05-09-2009, 10:01 PM
I digress, but most people give Lamar Hunt credit for bringing the AFL/NFL merger about. Bull patooky, Al Davis single handly reinvented the game and made the big boys sit up and take notice. It also helped when the Jets gave Broadeway Joe an unheard of $400,000 contract. The Broncos signed Syracuse star Floyd Little, and the Chefs and Faiders turned out to be more than the old guard NFL boys could handle. Those were the days.

horsepig
05-09-2009, 10:04 PM
NEV, don't you think Mc D has his eye on 2-3 D-line for next year's draft?

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 10:09 PM
NEV, don't you think Mc D has his eye on 2-3 D-line for next year's draft?

I doubt he is at all concerned with next year's draft.. I would be surprised if he new the names of 10 players coming out next year..

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 10:21 PM

yeah it's a whole lot safer to judge to a QB by W-L alone..

horsepig
05-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Point taken, but I think they looked and no said no, I don't want a Pinto this year when there's a whole bunch of Lexuses next year. It's not like this team doesn't need help everywhere except the starting O-line.

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 10:25 PM
yeah it's a whole lot safer to judge to a QB by W-L alone..

It is.

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Point taken, but I think they looked and no said no, I don't want a Pinto this year when there's a whole bunch of Lexuses next year. It's not like this team doesn't need help everywhere except the starting O-line.

very possible, but wouldn't they then put a premium on a first round pick?

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 10:27 PM
It is.

but equally as ridiculous.. IMO with all due respect.
edit for spelling>>

horsepig
05-09-2009, 10:28 PM
when you are overhauling a whole team outside of OL and WR one would think first rounders are "premium" building blocks..
I like the players smith is.. think he could be a find, but not sold on the notion Nolan is going to turn water into wine with the front seven.. so.. next year's draft maybe McD's last if he cannot turn the the d around quickly..

why this guy is hell bent on shortening his own leash every chance he gets is is beyond me..

I do not agree with the general notion that our stable of D-lineman are so weak. Moss is a washout, but some of these guys can play. We need a sharp DC that can position players and take advantage of their strenghts ala Joe Collier. You don't have to have the best players at every position to be successful.

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 10:30 PM
but equally as rediculous.. IMO with all due respect.

Funny how the best quarterbacks of all time won the most games, then, isn't it...

horsepig
05-09-2009, 10:31 PM
very possible, but wouldn't they then put a premium on a first round pick?

Am I missing something or do you noit think Moreno is a legit first round guy?

horsepig
05-09-2009, 10:33 PM
You could be accused of putting the cart before the horse there Mizzou.

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 10:35 PM
You could be accused of putting the cart before the horse there Mizzou.

Oh, I know the opinion doesn't sit strong with those who hang from the nuts of Jay Cutler, but it rings true.

Win games. As a quarterback. That's your job.

Of course, that's the not the subject of this thread.

The subject of this thread is second-guessing a draft before a player has even played a game.

Carry on.

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Am I missing something or do you noit think Moreno is a legit first round guy?

I do.. Moreno was one of the best players available. should be a good pick, he offers a lot of options.. I was talking about next year's draft having 2 1st picks that they could have used in many, many ways.

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Funny how the best quarterbacks of all time won the most games, then, isn't it...

a very subjective thing is the word "best". There maybe a different list of bests if they had different teams or players surrounding them.
Last time i checked the game of football has 3 phases. The QB plays in one, albeit very important one. to tie or judge a "team's" record on anyone except a head coach makes very little sense.

and for the record I do not swing nor hang from anyones nuts..

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh, I know the opinion doesn't sit strong with those who hang from the nuts of Jay Cutler, but it rings true.

Win games. As a quarterback. That's your job.

Of course, that's the not the subject of this thread.

The subject of this thread is second-guessing a draft before a player has even played a game.

Carry on.

what is the coach supposed do then?

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
a very subjective thing is the word "best". There maybe a different list of bests if they had different teams or players surrounding them.
Last time i checked the game of football has 3 phases. The QB plays in one, albeit very important one. to tie or judge a "team's" record on anyone except a head coach makes very little sense.

and for the record I do not swing from anyones nuts..

Are you honestly going to dispute the fact that the best quarterbacks in NFL history won more games than those who were not as good as them? Please proceed...it's comical.

But, again. That is not the point of this thread. This thread is for judging a draft before players have even stepped on a field.

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 10:47 PM
what is the coach supposed do then?

Um, win games.

I believe that's the job of both parties. Or, should they work against each other?

But, again, that is not the point of this thread.

broncohead
05-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Um, win games.

I believe that's the job of both parties. Or, should they work against each other?

But, again, that is not the point of this thread.

Didn't Shanny have more wins then losses? And how many loseing seasons did he have? I'm sure thats not the only thing they have to do...

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Didn't Shanny have more wins then losses? And how many loseing seasons did he have? I'm sure thats not the only thing they have to do...

Yes he did, and I was a little frustrated by him getting fired. I'm also not sure of your point.

But, again, that's not the point of this thread.

broncohead
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Yes he did, and I was a little frustrated by him getting fired. I'm also not sure of your point.

But, again, that's not the point of this thread.

Just making a point abopit your statement... Also the McD lovers can go with th ol "he didn't pick him so he must not fit the system..." We NEEDED MORE DL and didn't get any. It doens't matter what shoulda coulda woulda been this is what is and I guess we have to wait and see...

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Just making a point abopit your statement... Also the McD lovers can go with th ol "he didn't pick him so he must not fit the system..." We NEEDED MORE DL and didn't get any. It doens't matter what shoulda coulda woulda been this is what is and I guess we have to wait and see...

We don't know a damn thing, because we haven't played one game.

broncohead
05-09-2009, 11:49 PM
We don't know a damn thing, because we haven't played one game.

I'm basing my opinions off of what i do konw

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm basing my opinions off of what i do konw

And what, exactly, do you know?

broncohead
05-10-2009, 12:00 AM

Ayers was a wasted pick because he didn't do anything in college

Siging 4 FA RBs is stupid because 2 of them probably won't even make the team

Trading up for a blocking TE wasn't a smart move because we already have one on the roster

Trading a 1st for a 2nd to upgrade a position that we upgraded in the offseason wasn't smart

Neglecting our front 7 even though its a glaring weakness on the team

Wasting money on a snapper when we had a snapper that was pretty much perfect

I don't even want to bring up the whole McD/Cutler thing because it has been brought up enough. There is probably a few more things but can't think of them off the top of myhead

Italianmobstr7
05-10-2009, 12:01 AM

He doesn't know anything... Because like you said, we haven't even played a pre-season game yet...

broncohead
05-10-2009, 12:03 AM
He doesn't know anything... Because like you said, we haven't even played a pre-season game yet...

So your basically telling people not to give an opinion. Isn't that what boards are for?

MOtorboat
05-10-2009, 12:03 AM
So your basically telling people not to give an opinion. Isn't that what boards are for?

Nope, that's not what he's saying at all...

Elevation inc
05-10-2009, 06:32 AM

actually your trying to voice your opinion as fact, its different....the fact is there is no proof we suck as a team....we are 0-0 havent lost, won or gotten ranked in any category....thats fact!!!!!

hamrob
05-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Your draft is ghey. Orakpo is going to suck. Maualuga doesn't fit our system obviously, otherwise we would've drafted him with the 3 chances we had. Nic Harris doesn't have NFL speed. I do like Brinkley. We don't need Ringer, we have MORENO. AQ Shipley would've been a nice pick, but we got the OG/OC out of Iowa who I'm sure will fit the system.Rod Woodson says Maulaluga reminds him of Ray-Ray and he will be a beast. I'll take his word for it. I think he would have been tremendous in the middle for us. Alphonso Smith...will be a good nickle...enough said.

broncohead
05-10-2009, 11:08 AM
actually your trying to voice your opinion as fact, its different....the fact is there is no proof we suck as a team....we are 0-0 havent lost, won or gotten ranked in any category....thats fact!!!!!

Actually I'm not. When did I ever say anything I said was fact? It's my opinion

Elevation inc
05-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Actually I'm not. When did I ever say anything I said was fact? It's my opinion

your implying to others there opinion is false, while insinuating(not directly stating but the intonation is there) that your side is the correct stance.

I simply stated the facts are that MCD is 0-0 as a HC and this team has neither won nor loss. so no one can actually factually insinuate that we will suck without proof. becasue at the end of the day its opinions on both sides, yet both sides try and imply it as fact....

bottom line nothing is proven as to how good a team we will be, when the results are in and proof is indeed factual evidence we suck....i most certainly will ask for a new direction, while eating crow for beliveing in MCD and his system....

untill that time i and others im sure..... simply chose to remain positive and hope for the best.....:salute:

Magnificent Seven
05-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Not bad. Eddie Royal would get advanced to top 10 soon.

T.K.O.
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
if your the head coach and you have a plan for your team,you draft players that you think have the best chance of helping achieve the goals you set out to achieve.
it makes 0 difference what round you draft that player in be it the 1st or the 7th.
and giving up a 1st next year (when you still have one and probably dont want to pay 2 firsts in one year anyway with contracts what they are for rookies )is not a bad thing if it gives you the players and or depth you need NOW !
i really doubt all the fans and media are more aware of how to fix the broncos than the guy in charge of fielding a competitive nfl team,if so wow how did this idiot get the job in the first place?

Simple Jaded
05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
if your the head coach and you have a plan for your team,you draft players that you think have the best chance of helping achieve the goals you set out to achieve.
it makes 0 difference what round you draft that player in be it the 1st or the 7th.
and giving up a 1st next year (when you still have one and probably dont want to pay 2 firsts in one year anyway with contracts what they are for rookies )is not a bad thing if it gives you the players and or depth you need NOW !
i really doubt all the fans and media are more aware of how to fix the broncos than the guy in charge of fielding a competitive nfl team,if so wow how did this idiot get the job in the first place?

How to fix the Broncos? Do you mean before Doogie took over or after?

You act like there are an infinite amount of variables that only a Rocket Surgeon could understand, some of these riddles solve themselves.

Fixing the defense was all he had to do, you don't need to be Bill Polian to know that.

Trading away a potential Top10-20 pick for a 2nd round talent and trading a Franchise QB for a stiff and a few picks was stupid, you don't need to be AJ Smith to know that.......

broncohead
05-11-2009, 05:23 PM
your implying to others there opinion is false, while insinuating(not directly stating but the intonation is there) that your side is the correct stance.

I simply stated the facts are that MCD is 0-0 as a HC and this team has neither won nor loss. so no one can actually factually insinuate that we will suck without proof. becasue at the end of the day its opinions on both sides, yet both sides try and imply it as fact....

bottom line nothing is proven as to how good a team we will be, when the results are in and proof is indeed factual evidence we suck....i most certainly will ask for a new direction, while eating crow for beliveing in MCD and his system....

untill that time i and others im sure..... simply chose to remain positive and hope for the best.....:salute:

I never said we would suck either. I don't know where you are getting that. I have stated my opinion about his current moves with the team. Take them for what they are which is an opinion.

Elevation inc
05-12-2009, 12:47 AM
I never said we would suck either. I don't know where you are getting that. I have stated my opinion about his current moves with the team. Take them for what they are which is an opinion.

i never said you said we would suck, it was in context...you stated about how are moves were trash and guys like ayers were wasted picks. Im confused are you a NFL scout. you were passing off your opinions about the players and why you were right. the end result is that you dont have factual evidence ayers or any of the picks will suck, yet you calaim they were horrible picks.

i will give you the value was off on the alphonso smith and richard quinn deals but the players themselves are far from the kind of players that need the suck or bust title with out ever playing a NFL game. you have no proof. yet you posted as if you did....

look bottom line in either case is its probally just best to wait for factual; results, otherwise your comments come off as just biased opinions. I have seen MCD lovers and haters sway eitehr way in a extreme way.

i find the gray area tha safe place to be right now.:salute:

Superchop 7
12-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Just an update

Of my 10 guys, 9 made the active squad (Moore is on IR)

Shipley is on practice squad (But "we" could really use this guy right now)

Check your picks !

JDL
12-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Just an update

Of my 10 guys, 9 made the active squad (Moore is on IR)

Shipley is on practice squad (But "we" could really use this guy right now)

Check your picks !

I would guess there are not a lot of people that want to revisit this thread at the moment.

Overpaying value for draft picks has really done nothing to enhance or improve the 2009 Broncos and has hurt their 2010 draft. Unfortunate, everyone knew 2009 was a weak draft and 2010 draft was going to be stronger (prospect value-wise) It's all anyone talked about going into the 2009 draft. In 2010, you sure have a bunch of talented D players - particularly at the top of the draft. With that 2nd 1st rd pick, we could have even moved up potentially for someone like an Eric Berry who would continue forward Denver's tradition of dominant safeties.

As is, we should trade back and accumulate as many players in the 1st and early 2nd of this draft as we can. Should produce a number of quality starters.

topscribe
12-23-2009, 01:52 PM
132- Nic Harris- my guy.

I really have no problem, so far, with the draft that we had.

But, oh, what a defense this would have given us!

-----

Superchop 7
12-23-2009, 03:47 PM
A.Q. Shipley would replace Hamilton in about 2 seconds.

Superchop 7
12-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Update on late round picks:

Brinkley- Starting

Harris- Starting

Ringer- Not much playing time. 6.0 ypc, 20.1 kick return

Pryor- Significant playing time #2 DT

Shipley- Practice squad, but very good.

Lonestar
12-23-2009, 04:56 PM
why must you drag up old threads that only you care about?

Dean
12-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Now that the season is on the downhill slide a look at our draft was bound to come up. Most teams expect their first and second round picks (and we had a lot of them) to make at least a contribution on special teams and in spot duty.

DenBronx
12-23-2009, 07:24 PM
i'm pretty shocked we passed on orakpo. i like moreno alot but i't wasnt as big of a need for us. and also when we passed on maualuga i was really pissed. not really the draft i was hoping for.

Shazam!
12-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Dear Superchop,

That idiot McDaniels put together a team that is likely a postseason team.

Please stop.

Happy Holidays,

Shazam

hotcarl
12-23-2009, 11:19 PM
1. mcadniels
2. 7
3l. showkno
4. my tapir is sick
5. todd heap

Superchop 7
12-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey.....

This is a look back at "your" picks.

Not McDaniels picks.

But if you insist......

What has McDaniels done ?

He hired a very good d-co-ord.

The d-co-ord assembled a very good defense.

On the offensive side, (Josh's specialty)

He did his best to get new position players, (which is odd considering they were #2 in the league)

Wanted to replace Cutler with Cassle.

Put Scheff and Hillis on the trading block.

Almost ran Marshall out of town. (via front office buddy Xanders)

86'd the running backs.

Brought in Gaffney and feeds him the ball.

What is he doing now ?

Lost 6 of the last 8

Has virtually removed Hillis, Scheff, Stokely, and Royal from the offensive game plan. (Shanny guys)

There is favoritism and bias on this team.

Feeds the heck out of a 3.9 yard per carry rookie.

As for Marshall, well, he is rewarded for 2 reasons.

1) He kissed the coaches tail. (It isn't about wins and losses on this team)

2) To enhance trade value.

His draft ?

Moreno.....I fully understand the pick, it was intended to create interest since people were down on Orton.....BUT.....he loses credibility when the numbers of carries don't coincide with production.

Ayers.....Not a great rookie campaign but has potential.

Smith......not worth the pick......not looking good.

Quinn.....not worth the pick......hasn't shown me anything.

McKinnly....very good pick.

All in all, not a very good draft.

hotcarl
12-23-2009, 11:41 PM
complete waste of time (will never know the touch of a woman)

whoops! wrong again "superchop"!!

merry christmas,
carl
:welcome:

Superchop 7
12-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Hows the hangover bro?

It's OK, we have all been there.

No Harm

No Foul

broncofaninfla
12-24-2009, 10:03 AM
We blew it on Moreno, should have went Orakpo.

Shazam!
12-24-2009, 10:16 AM
How about we use hindsight to highlight your past brilliance Superchop?

Broncos will be in last place?

Marshall should be gone mid-season?

How bad Orton wil be?

THE BEST ONE THAT YOU FORGOT IS THAT SIMMS IS THE BETTER QB?

I hope Santa brings you a new brain to refresh your memory and a new pair of eyes to see, and a clue for Christmas. Because you've been completely wrong on just about everything.

Have a great Holiday.

Superchop 7
07-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Its been 3 years....lets see what happened to our drafts.....on mine...

Brian Orakpo- stud
Robert Ayers- solid, not great
Ray Malaluga- was great, on the decline these days
William Moore- solid
Jerron Gilbert- not much, but still employed.
Jasper Brinkley- major injury in 2011 but going to start
Nic Harris- knee injury- IR-gone from league- started 15 games as a rookie
Javon Ringer- solid backup to Chris Johnson
Myron Pryor- solid backup- injured 2011- we shall see if he can come back and be the same guy.
AQ Shipley- not much but still employed.

topscribe
07-12-2012, 05:58 PM

Brian Orakpo- stud
William Moore- solid
Myron Pryor- solid backup- injured 2011- we shall see if he can come back and be the same guy.
I'll have to admit, Chop, I would love to have had this draft.

But then, I saluted you back then. :D

Cugel
07-12-2012, 06:42 PM

Three years later, that question still doesn't have an answer! :laugh:

It's not really fair to throw 3 year old opinions back in people's faces, but all the McMoron worship in this thread is really sickening to read in retrospect.

It was clear from day one that that ******* would be a total figgin' disaster and he was worse than anybody could have imagined.

Cugel
07-12-2012, 06:45 PM

Brian Orakpo- stud
William Moore- solid

Any draft retrospective that forgets to even mention that the Broncos could have had BOTH Orakpo AND Clay Matthews is unworthy of the name.

Ayers has been barely mediocre. Matthews has become a Hall of Fame contender.

Superchop 7
07-13-2012, 09:46 AM
I will start a thread for this year so we can archive it and check back from time to time........as for McDaniels.....I remember getting an email from him after the Broncos went 6~0 saying "I guess we were wrong about the guy".......(no Woody......we weren't)

weazel
07-13-2012, 10:07 AM
I will wait for a couple years to see who turned out to be the best players before I make my picks.