PDA

View Full Version : Royal speaks on new QB & Offense

DenBronx
05-06-2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/516510/rss

Appearing on Sirius NFL Radio, Broncos WR Eddie Royal said that he's very impressed with new QB Kyle Orton. He mentioned how Orton has already earned the respect of everyone in the locker room with his work ethic and dedication to learning the playbook. Royal also was impressed with Orton's arm strength. "He throws a great deep ball," Royal said. "We connected on a few of them [in minicamp]. He's got a great arm." Royal was also asked about whether or not he'd play the "Wes Welker role" in the Broncos' new offense (new head coach Josh McDaniels comes from New England), and Royal was coy. "Hard to say. I don't know wheat position I'll be playing this year," he said, referring to where he would line up on the line of scrimmage. He added that the Broncos have been working on the basics in the offense, watching a lot of film, and that he has received personal attention from McDaniels in practice.
(Updated 05/06/2009).

topscribe
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Fast Eddie's going to tear it up this year!! :beer:

-----

underrated29
05-06-2009, 05:14 PM
yes he will. He will be our version of moss this year. I just hope that doesnt get out as i want to draft royal in the 5th rd of my FF this year. He might not make it that far.

powderaddict
05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
[url] Royal also was impressed with Orton's arm strength. "He throws a great deep ball," Royal said. "We connected on a few of them [in minicamp]. He's got a great arm." (Updated 05/06/2009).

I thought he was a noodle arm that only ever overthrows on the deep route :lol:

Great find! :salute:

DenBronx
05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Fast Eddie's going to tear it up this year!! :beer:

-----

i wouldnt be suprised if royal becomes our #1. this guy is a stud. cant wait to see him connect with orton in a real game.

topscribe
05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
i wouldnt be suprised if royal becomes our #1. this guy is a stud. cant wait to see him connect with orton in a real game.

Maybe. But let's not give up on BMarsh. That guy is Plaxico Buress without
the gun, our Larry Fitz. You can't overlook a guy who had 104 catches in 15
games with a bad hip and a still healing arm.

I can't wait to see what the opposition is going to do with BMarsh, Fast Eddie,
the Slot Machine, and now Knowshon . . . :shocked:

:beer:

-----

Superchop 7
05-06-2009, 05:45 PM
With no pressure on him, running forward and heaving it.

Punt, pass & kick yardage.

But.....I'll wait.....the games will be here soon enough.

Kyle "noodle arm" Orton

Superchop 7
05-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Analysis: Shows very good accuracy in the short to intermediate passing game, but he has a bit of a long windup and the ball fails to come off his hands quickly when having to throw long...Better throwing from the pocket, as his passes seem to lack velocity and accuracy when he is forced to throw on the move...Has no trouble reading defenses, but will tend to force the ball into coverage instead of taking what's there...Stays on his primary receiver too long.

Superchop 7
05-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Yep, gonna scare the hell out of the defense with that rocket launcher.

topscribe
05-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Yep, gonna scare the hell out of the defense with that rocket launcher.

Where the hell do you get that idea? The reason Purdue recruited Orton was
because of his arm strength. I have personally seen the bullets he has thrown.
His problem with deep passes has been his accuracy, not his strength of arm.
And those who know will tell you he has improved in that area.

I just don't know why some people insist on hanging onto false concepts in
the face of contrary evidence . . .

-----

honz
05-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Analysis: Shows very good accuracy in the short to intermediate passing game, but he has a bit of a long windup and the ball fails to come off his hands quickly when having to throw long...Better throwing from the pocket, as his passes seem to lack velocity and accuracy when he is forced to throw on the move...Has no trouble reading defenses, but will tend to force the ball into coverage instead of taking what's there...Stays on his primary receiver too long.
Since college scouting reports are relevant after a guy has been in the NFL for 4 years. :coffee: Anyone who has watched Orton knows that he doesn't have a noodle arm...his arm is on par with most QB's in this league. Does he struggle a bit throwing the deep ball? From what I've seen, yes...but it's not due to lack of arm strength. If Orton has a noodle arm, then so do Peyton Manning and Drew Brees....they seem to do okay for themselves, though.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Orton seems to be fitting in nicely so far.

Superchop 7
05-06-2009, 06:06 PM
8-9 Boys
Name Town State Session Punt Pass Kick Total Yards
Belford Killeen TX 03/04 101' 4"
Nwibiabu Salt Lake City UT 04/05 102' 7"
Faddoul Holts Summit MO 06/07 93' 1"
Kelly Redlion PA 05/03 270' 8"
8-9 Girls
Ma'taafa Lahaina HI 06/08 85' 8" 81' 2" 240' 9"
Gavin Maquoketa IA 06/07 77' 5"
10-11 Boys
Fells York PA 03/04 125' 6"
Potter Mentor OH 05/06 138' 7"
Tuttle Sierra Vista AZ 04/05 114' 0"
Kelly Redlion PA 04/05 317' 2"
10-11 Girls
Floyd Minister OH 05/06 99' 9"
Horan Golden CO 05/06 106' 0" 289' 9"
Rudy Philadelphia PA 03/04 115' 6"
12-13 Boys
Broberg Barnstable MA 03/04 134' 3"
Murray Jonesboro GA 06/07 169' 2" 155' 0"
Kelly Redlion PA 06/08 417' 0"
12-13 Girls
Cullinan Altoona IA 06/07 131' 8"
Fletcher Decatur AL 04/05 340' 9"
Grant Stratham NH 06/07 123' 9"
Gregersen West Sacramento CA 03/04 117' 0"
14-15 Boys
Bauer Bay City MI 03/04 195' 5"
Keys Simi Valley CA 05/06 154' 5" 176' 1" 485' 0"
14-15 Girls
Mcquillen Johnstown PA 04/05 361' 0"
Mesaros Middleburg Heights OH 05/06 130' 3"
Waggoner Gardenville NV 06/07 140' 2"
Grant Stratham MA 06/08 126' 5"

*records unavailable prior to 1998

Superchop 7
05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
OK, his arm is as strong as a 14 year old girl, I stand corrected.

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Um, wtf?

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 06:12 PM

I agree. Kyle Boller and Jamarcus Russell are the next elites at the QB position. I hear they can throw the football almost the length of the field.

Hawgdriver
05-06-2009, 06:17 PM

I can't pick between the two right now, I love them both. Nothing would make me happier than for them both to have HOF careers spent entirely with Denver.

Royal came on strong as a rookie, and his head is on straighter 'n most. It's hard not to admire him. This sounds mean, but if Royal outshined Marshall, I could see Brandon getting in a funk--but I don't think the reverse would happen.

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 06:18 PM
I think Royal is going to take over as Denver's #1 WR in the next 2 years and Marshall will look for the big contract elsewhere.

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 06:19 PM

Even a 14 year old girl can over-throw Eddie Royal if the timing is that bad, this proves nothing but Doogie's willingness to insult the fans intelligence.......

Superchop 7
05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Here, I'll throw the kid a bone.....

.(A few quarterbacks seem to be intuitively aware of the ball's tendency to veer off-direction at the end, but most aren't. "I talked to ex-Packer Bart Starr and ex-Cowboy Roger Staubach, and they did not know anything about it," Rae said.
In fact, Rae himself did not know about it until recently. Preliminary studies he did four years ago seemed to indicate that the ball flew straight and true to its target. It was only when he recently performed wind tunnel testing of the ball that he detected the presence of a curvature in its path.
"It is not unlike the curve on a baseball," he said, "but it goes the other way." A long pass by a right-handed quarterback curves to the right. why you have trouble with the long ball)

Now then Kyle,

Quit thinking in terms of a linear throw.......and your accuracy will go way up. (Think of throwing to the inside shoulder crossing right and visa versa crossing left)

This is why so many passes end up a couple of yards out of bounds, it's physics.

Your best friend in the whole world.

and biggest fan

Superchop 7

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Even a 14 year old girl can over-throw Eddie Royal if the timing is that bad, this proves nothing but Doogie's willingness to insult the fans intelligence.......

Doogie's? What about Royal's? He actually thinks Orton has good arm strength. Both of our top 2 WR's are moron's.

honz
05-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Does it matter which one is our number 1? Both are very good, but completely different types of receivers. They compliment each other well. You don't have 100 catches in your first 2 seasons (with significant playing time) by accident though...I don't see Marshall slowing down as long as he can keep from getting suspended again.

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 06:21 PM

I'm sorry, which article did you read? Because I read the one at the beginning of this thread. :noidea:

.(A few quarterbacks seem to be intuitively aware of the ball's tendency to veer off-direction at the end, but most aren't. "I talked to ex-Packer Bart Starr and ex-Cowboy Roger Staubach, and they did not know anything about it," Rae said.
In fact, Rae himself did not know about it until recently. Preliminary studies he did four years ago seemed to indicate that the ball flew straight and true to its target. It was only when he recently performed wind tunnel testing of the ball that he detected the presence of a curvature in its path.
"It is not unlike the curve on a baseball," he said, "but it goes the other way." A long pass by a right-handed quarterback curves to the right. why you have trouble with the long ball)

Now then Kyle,

Quit thinking in terms of a linear throw.......and your accuracy will go way up.

and biggest fan

Superchop 7

Honestly, I have no clue what point you are trying to make. Seriously.

honz
05-06-2009, 06:23 PM

Now then Kyle,

Quit thinking in terms of a linear throw.......and your accuracy will go way up.

and biggest fan

Superchop 7
I'm sure Kyle appreciates your concern and advice. :welcome:

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Honestly, I have no clue what point you are trying to make. Seriously.

Quite obviously, you can't be a great QB in the NFL if you can't throw the deep ball, which happens to be the lowest success rate of any pass a QB can throw.

Cutler has a huge arm and great deep ball. It's why he's a losing QB in the NFL.

honz
05-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Quite obviously, you can't be a great QB in the NFL if you can't throw the deep ball, which happens to be the lowest success rate of any pass a QB can throw.

Cutler has a huge arm and great deep ball. It's why he's a losing QB in the NFL.
Cutler's deep ball sucked.

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Doogie's? What about Royal's? He actually thinks Orton has good arm strength. Both of our top 2 WR's are moron's.

Royal is right, I didn't say Orton was a rag arm, I said he's Brian Griese with a slightly better arm.

What I'm talking about is over-thrown passes being proof of anything, the fact that Doogie made mention of this is amusing.......to me anyway.......

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Cutler's deep ball sucked.

BS. The dude could throw the ball flat footed at least 80 yards. Who cares that he actually couldn't hit his wr's in stride. That's not the point here.

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 06:27 PM
What I'm talking about is over-thrown passes being proof of anything, the fact that Doogie made mention of this is amusing.......to me anyway.......

I totally agree. It's as ridiculous as Jay Cutler saying he wants to be traded, then gets traded, then says he didn't want to be traded. Both those guys are morons who deserve each other.

Simple Jaded
I'm sorry, which article did you read? Because I read the one at the beginning of this thread. :noidea:

The Head Coach made mention of the same over-thrown pass on local radio.......it was hilarious.......

honz
BS. The dude could throw the ball flat footed at least 80 yards. Who cares that he actually couldn't hit his wr's in stride. That's not the point here.

You are right. My mistake.

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I totally agree. It's as ridiculous as Jay Cutler saying he wants to be traded, then gets traded, then says he didn't want to be traded. Both those guys are morons who deserve each other.

There are a lot of Morons down at Dove Valley, must be something in the water or pig or something.......

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 06:28 PM
The Head Coach made mention of the same over-thrown pass on local radio.......it was hilarious.......

What overthrown pass? The article here said nothing about an overthrown pass?

Reading comp, FTW!

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 06:32 PM
There are a lot of Morons down at Dove Valley, must be something in the water or pig or something.......

I think it's an organizational thing. In reality, the only positive thing ever to come out of Denver is John Elway. He was a QB that actually knew what it took to win some football games.

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 06:33 PM
What overthrown pass? The article here said nothing about an overthrown pass?

Reading comp, FTW!

What does Reading comp mean?.......

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I think it's an organizational thing. In reality, the only positive thing ever to come out of Denver is John Elway. He was a QB that actually knew what it took to win some football games.

Kyle Orton is a winner.......

Timmy!
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh look. A young receiver actually had something good to say. QUICK!!! Let's spin this thread into how much Orton and McDaniels suck!

http://billdunlap.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

T.K.O.
05-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Orton was named the "Most Fearless Quarterback in the Big Ten Conference" by The Sporting News and was tabbed the "Most Accurate Passer, Strongest Arm and Coolest in the Clutch" in the Big Ten by Lindy's magazine. Kyle was named to the Davey O'Brien Award watch list (nation's outstanding quarterback) as he completed 251 of 414 passes (60.6%) for 2,885 yards with 15 touchdowns and just seven interceptions (interception percentage of 1.69 set a school record).

i know ive posted this before but its not sinking in to some skeptics !
orton isnt john elway and doesnt claim to be....I LIKE HIM ALREADY !

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 06:35 PM
What does Reading comp mean?.......

I'm sorry. "comprehension."

It's when you read something and understand what it means.

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Kyle Orton is a winner.......

Kyle Orton is a product of the system, along with every other QB in the NFL not named Peyton Manning. We need to continue to suck until we can find the next John Elway or Peyton Manning, that's all there is to it. Or actually get a decent system put in place.

T.K.O.
05-06-2009, 06:41 PM

WHAT ? the only good thing to come out of denver....boooo hsssss
thats about a bunch of bull....ony

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Orton was named the "Most Fearless Quarterback in the Big Ten Conference" by The Sporting News and was tabbed the "Most Accurate Passer, Strongest Arm and Coolest in the Clutch" in the Big Ten by Lindy's magazine. Kyle was named to the Davey O'Brien Award watch list (nation's outstanding quarterback) as he completed 251 of 414 passes (60.6%) for 2,885 yards with 15 touchdowns and just seven interceptions (interception percentage of 1.69 set a school record).

You keep posting that like it means something.......You've basically just described 99% of the QB that make it to this level in one way or another.

Both David Klingler and Peyton Manning were the "Most Fearless, Most Accurate Passer, Strongest Arm and Coolest in the Clutch" in their conference.......

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 06:45 PM
WHAT ? the only good thing to come out of denver....boooo hsssss
thats about a bunch of bull....ony

As far as the QB position, yea. Our QB's have been jokes ever since. Grieseballs, Plunger, Cuddles, and next in line.........

T.K.O.
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
You keep posting that like it means something.......You've basically just described 99% of the QB that make it to this level in one way or another.

Both David Klingler and Peyton Manning were the "Most Fearless, Most Accurate Passer, Strongest Arm and Coolest in the Clutch" in their conference.......

i know its crazy isnt it ...its like people who keep posting that were gonna suck now that we have a qb with a better w/l record than jay.and a coach that thinks he now has a smarter qb who fits his system better....they must be wrong and you must be right,thats why they make they make the big bucks!

more on orton from cbs sportsline
"Will never, ever force a deep ball or anything into double coverage unless it absolutely needs it (just 5 picks in his senior year). He has the field-reading skills of a 10 year NFL vet and can diagnose a blitz instantly, and is happy to sit in against it and make his reads. Good timing is a huge part of his play, especially in the underneath and short-medium range passes. He won’t even consider parting with the ball until he is certain his receiver is open, and may be on a par with plenty of NFL quarterbacks when it comes to play action – think ol’ Peyton but slightly less polished."

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
i know its crazy isnt it ...its like people who keep posting that were gonna suck now that we have a qb with a better w/l record than jay.and a coach that thinks he now has a smarter qb who fits his system better....they must be wrong and you must be right,thats why they make they make the big bucks!

"Will never, ever force a deep ball or anything into double coverage unless it absolutely needs it (just 5 picks in his senior year). He has the field-reading skills of a 10 year NFL vet and can diagnose a blitz instantly, and is happy to sit in against it and make his reads. Good timing is a huge part of his play, especially in the underneath and short-medium range passes. He won’t even consider parting with the ball until he is certain his receiver is open, and may be on a par with plenty of NFL quarterbacks when it comes to play action – think ol’ Peyton but slightly less polished."

With all due respect, that's a scouting report from FIVE years ago.

T.K.O.
05-06-2009, 06:53 PM

its about as relevant as people predicting how he will do in denver with a new system and weapons.yes?

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 06:54 PM
its about as relevant as people predicting how he will do in denver with a new system and weapons.yes?

No.

T.K.O.
05-06-2009, 06:55 PM
and it does dispell the thinking that he has a "noodle arm" and cant hit the broad side of a barn"
i dont think he lost all his skills when he moved to chicago?

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Kyle Orton is a product of the system, along with every other QB in the NFL not named Peyton Manning. We need to continue to suck until we can find the next John Elway or Peyton Manning, that's all there is to it. Or actually get a decent system put in place.

I think I'll like Doogie's System, especially with a strong commitment to the run, which I think is inevitable, Orton doesn't win 9 games with Chicago without Forte, I don't care what anybody says, and he sure as hell won't win 9 games in Denver without a strong running game.......it's the rest of Doogie that I can do without.

I don't think Brady and R-berger are a product of their systems, btw, and there are many QB's that make their system better. Cincinnati's offense wasn't much of an offense without Carson Palmer.......

T.K.O.
05-06-2009, 07:02 PM
again he has basically played 2 seasons and 1/2 of one was while injured,so the verdict is still out on wether or not he can be a great nfl qb or an average one,just like cutler
hopefully all we will need is an average one and he'll be better than that

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 07:03 PM

The Broncos were gonna suck WITH Jay Cutler.......I got news for ya.......the schedule is brutal and the Broncos suck!

Orton's Win/Loss Record in Chicago is more indicative of a complete team than it is of Orton's ability to single-handedly win games.......if W/L record meant everything the Broncos would have been better off with Rex Grossman.

Btw, Orton's career Int% is the exact same as Cutler's, so much for him not forcing it into Double Coverage and his "field-reading skills of a 10 year NFL vet".......

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
The Broncos were gonna suck WITH Jay Cutler.......

Then what the hell have you been whining about?

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Then what the hell have you been whining about?

Be more specific.......I've been whining a lot.......

getlynched47
05-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Eddie should have been hit way more times on deep patterns with Cutler's "rocket arm", but it looked like Cutler had a hard time hitting those....

Hopefully Orton can hit Royal in stride on streak patterns....:werd:

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I guess deep accuracy is one of the things that Cutler needs to work on if he's ever going to make it in the NFL.......thank God he's Chicago's problem now, I get bored watching him make all the other passes look easy.......

Lonestar
05-06-2009, 08:03 PM

-----

they love jay to much to let him go..:D

topscribe
05-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Eddie should have been hit way more times on deep patterns with Cutler's "rocket arm", but it looked like Cutler had a hard time hitting those....

Hopefully Orton can hit Royal in stride on streak patterns....:werd:

Well, in getting :focus:, Eddie says Orton can . . .

-----

rcsodak
05-06-2009, 08:29 PM

-----

Because he's replacing his boi, cut-n-run'er, top! DUH! :coffee:

:D

rcsodak
05-06-2009, 08:35 PM
I agree. Kyle Boller and Jamarcus Russell are the next elites at the QB position. I hear they can throw the football almost the length of the field.

Yeah....

...and if you add up theirs and cut-n-run'ers records, and playoff games, you'd be hard pressed to have a total above '0'.

But they sure do make for great bragging rights...... :coffee:

rcsodak
05-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Royal is right, I didn't say Orton was a rag arm, I said he's Brian Griese with a slightly better arm.

Jake was said to have a bad long ball as well....

...funny, since he had a relatively high ypc avg and lelie led the league, while having the lowest yac.

rcsodak
05-06-2009, 09:04 PM

Really?

Links please......

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Really?

Links please......

Um...do you really, honestly have to have a link for that to be true? If so, you don't know much about college football. :noidea:

rcsodak
05-06-2009, 09:07 PM
so he's regressed?

NameUsedBefore
05-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow. If you guys thought Cutler's long ball was bad, you'll really love Orton's.

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 09:08 PM
so he's regressed?

I'm not understanding your point.

rcsodak
05-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not understanding your point.

I'm not surprised. :coffee:

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Jake was said to have a bad long ball as well....

...funny, since he had a relatively high ypc avg and lelie led the league, while having the lowest yac.

He did.......

Really?

Links please......

Yes really.

Show me a link proving that Superchop7 thinks that Orton has a weak arm "because he's replacing his boi, cut-n-run'er" and we'll talk.......

horsepig
05-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Orton is not going to be anything like Cutler. No rolling away from the rush, throwing a bullet off the wrong leg and completing a really great pass. No running through the rush and making riduculous yards downfield through some pretty good defenses.

No pouting on the sideline without an O coach in sight. Orton will be talking to the OC and the O-line and the receivers/RBs.

MOtorboat
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm not surprised. :coffee:

Well, since you won't explain your point, I will assume that you think Orton has regressed from where he was in college and that you don't like Orton. I was trying to give you an opportunity to look smart for once, but that certainly isn't the case. Despite making the point about Plummer supposedly having a weak deep ball. Forgive me if I was confused by your non-sensical meanderings. :noidea:

Simple Jaded
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Orton is not going to be anything like Cutler. No rolling away from the rush, throwing a bullet off the wrong leg and completing a really great pass. No running through the rush and making riduculous yards downfield through some pretty good defenses.

No pouting on the sideline without an O coach in sight. Orton will be talking to the OC and the O-line and the receivers/RBs.

Cutler never talked to the OC and the O-line and the receivers/RBs?.......

horsepig
05-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Sat by himself a lot, especially when things weren't going well.

Ravage!!!
05-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Sat by himself a lot, especially when things weren't going well.

Link please......

topscribe
05-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Link please......

No, that was horsepig, although Link has been posting . . . :D

-----

honz
05-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Eddie ROYal is awesome. Orton to Royal 4 life.

Ravage!!!
05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I love Eddie Royal.. but I don't see him ever being our #1. I think he's a perfect compliment and #2... and GOOD teams NEED good #2s. So I, personally, don't have this need to see him move into the #1 spot and don't believe him to be a #1 WR.

Marshall is the most dominating presence at WR we've had since I can remember. Rod Smith was finess, but never a DOMINATING type WR that could over shadow and over power a DB. Marshall is.

Marshall is easily our #1 guy, and think it would be stupid to let him go. But then, I thought that before in other MAJOR skill positions on this team as well, so who knows....

rcsodak
05-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Well, since you won't explain your point, I will assume that you think Orton has regressed from where he was in college and that you don't like Orton. I was trying to give you an opportunity to look smart for once, but that certainly isn't the case. Despite making the point about Plummer supposedly having a weak deep ball. Forgive me if I was confused by your non-sensical meanderings. :noidea:

wow....

....0 for 2.

Since you're not able to debate without getting personal, I'll try to type slowly so as to make my point in one post.

YOU pointed out the analysis on Orton was 5yrs old, to which I questioned whether he "regressed". In other words, he somehow lost those positive skills that were mentioned? I like Orton. You would be the first/only to not see that, evidently.

And OTHERS said Jake had a weak arm, to which I mentioned that his stats showed otherwise. But really the point is moot, since having a strong arm doesn't make a qb any better. Sure didn't help cut-n-run'er surpass 50% completions against those juggernaut D's of KC and Oak.

Any further clarification required, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

rcsodak
05-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Show me a link proving that Superchop7 thinks that Orton has a weak arm "because he's replacing his boi, cut-n-run'er" and we'll talk.......

Like Top said......"I just don't know why some people insist on hanging onto false concepts in the face of contrary evidence . . ."

And I'm surprised he had even half the numbers he did, with the pathetic receiving corp in chicago.

Or you could just disregard my :D in the post you quoted and go ahead and take my post out of context if you think it'll help make your point.

Simple Jaded
05-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Sorry:

Show me a link proving that Superchop7 is "hanging onto false concepts in the face of contrary evidence because Orton is replacing his boi, cut-n-run'er" and then we'll talk.......

topscribe
05-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Sorry:

Show me a link proving that Superchop7 is "hanging onto false concepts in the face of contrary evidence because Orton is replacing his boi, cut-n-run'er" and then we'll talk.......

Umm . . . I didn't say that . . . :coffee:

----

Northman
05-07-2009, 01:13 AM
With no pressure on him, running forward and heaving it.

Punt, pass & kick yardage.

But.....I'll wait.....the games will be here soon enough.

Kyle "noodle arm" Orton

Yea, i do think you should wait. Right now you sound pretty stupid.

Simple Jaded
05-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Umm . . . I didn't say that . . . :coffee:

----
Obviously, but Rc is looking for links that do not exist too.......

DenBronx
05-07-2009, 02:27 AM

-----

oh, im not giving up on marshall by any means. i just think royal is a steve smith waiting to happen.

SoCalImport
05-07-2009, 03:30 AM
It does seem that the organization is trying to dispel the perception the Orton has a week arm. Probably because it was the first comparison the folks made between him and Cutler.
And, Yes. The "overthrowing Eddie Royal" thing is silly.

I personally think that Orton is gonna be great for us. With pass protection that our o-line can give him and these receivers + Knowshon in the backfield. It's gonna be good......................on offense.

Nomad
05-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Yea, i do think you should wait. Right now you sound pretty stupid.

You can't take the players word, who actually plays with Orton, fans always know best and what is happening at Dove Valley! :ohwell: welcome to the long stretch between now and training camp in July!

True horsepig! Orton and Cutler are different players but I believe Orton will make us appreciate his play on the field.

broncofaninfla
05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Royal is a stud, his name is about to become a houshold name in this league.

LRtagger
05-07-2009, 08:42 AM

Have you ever seen that commercial where Michael Vick throws the ball into the stands?? OMG I wish we had him as our QB!

broncofaninfla
05-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Have you ever seen that commercial where Michael Vick throws the ball into the stands?? OMG I wish we had him as our QB!

:laugh:

pnbronco
05-07-2009, 09:23 AM
He mentioned how Orton has already earned the respect of everyone in the locker room with his work ethic and dedication to learning the playbook. Royal also was impressed with Orton's arm strength.

Thanks for the article DB. This is what actually makes me happy. Earning the respect of your team mates is the first step of bringing a team together, IMO, esp if you back it up with great work ethics.

DenBronx
05-07-2009, 11:46 AM
You can't take the players word, who actually plays with Orton, fans always know best and what is happening at Dove Valley! :ohwell: welcome to the long stretch between now and training camp in July!

True horsepig! Orton and Cutler are different players but I believe Orton will make us appreciate his play on the field.

"you can get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking your head up a cows ass but wouldnt you rather take the butchers word for it?"

-tommy boy

DenBronx
05-07-2009, 11:50 AM
He mentioned how Orton has already earned the respect of everyone in the locker room with his work ethic and dedication to learning the playbook. Royal also was impressed with Orton's arm strength.

Thanks for the article DB. This is what actually makes me happy. Earning the respect of your team mates is the first step of bringing a team together, IMO, esp if you back it up with great work ethics.

it looks like there is already chemistry being developed with these guys. i think orton is going to suprise alot of us for sure. orton seems be to very much liked by his team mates and thats pretty important.

thank god we didnt land jason campbell!!

roomemp
05-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Believe it or not, I think this offense is going to be more explosive than last year assuming that everybody adapts to the new system

underrated29
05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Believe it or not, I think this offense is going to be more explosive than last year assuming that everybody adapts to the new system

I agree.

Not just because of the new system, or just because of the new players (knoshon baby!). I think two years ago our offense was starting to roll. Then last year it really picked up, but we lacked a little continutity and a run game.

This year all the starters remain intact. (oline too) and we added a top notch RB to go with it. Yes we downgraded at QB, but our other upgrades and experience lead me to believe that it will improve from last year, just like you said.

BroncoTech
05-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I think Eddy will be our number one some day, I said that last year too. He has more talent than Rod Smith but the same work ethic, he'll be set.

You can't really tell if a QB has a noodle arm until you see them playing live. TV flattens things out, like how putts always look straight on tv golf. I know watching John Elway in preseason the first year you could tell his throws had a lot more velocity than most quarterbacks. Cutler had the same with a quicker release. We all saw too many deep balls broken up and taking too long to get there with Griese.

roomemp
05-07-2009, 12:19 PM
I agree.

Not just because of the new system, or just because of the new players (knoshon baby!). I think two years ago our offense was starting to roll. Then last year it really picked up, but we lacked a little continutity and a run game.

This year all the starters remain intact. (oline too) and we added a top notch RB to go with it. Yes we downgraded at QB, but our other upgrades and experience lead me to believe that it will improve from last year, just like you said.

I think the thing that is going to improve the most is we will finish more drives with TD's

Nomad
05-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I think the thing that is going to improve the most is we will finish more drives with TD's

I hope so and that's all that matters. I could care less about a players stats. TDs (preferrably) and FGs(points on the board) are what wins games. Another year of stalls at the goalline would be gut-wrenching!

roomemp
05-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I hope so and that's all that matters. I could care less about a players stats. TDs (preferrably) and FGs(points on the board) are what wins games. Another year of stalls at the goalline would be gut-wrenching!

I agree. We left so many points off the board last year.

rcsodak
05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I agree. We left so many points off the board last year.

And with a qb that threw for 4000+yds, too!

How in the world..........:confused:

rcsodak
05-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Obviously, but Rc is looking for links that do not exist too.......

I didn't think so, and that was my point! :rolleyes:

Making a statement, based on facts should be easy enough to back up.

But based on one's personal opine....is another story.

If you're not wanting to get called on something, don't paint yourself into a corner.

:coffee:

Crush05
05-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I think Royal is going to take over as Denver's #1 WR in the next 2 years and Marshall will look for the big contract elsewhere.

We would be fools to let go of B. Marsh!!!!:tsk:

SoCalImport
05-09-2009, 12:24 PM
We would be fools to let go of B. Marsh IF He stays COMPLETELY out of trouble from here on.

Lonestar
05-09-2009, 12:34 PM
We would be fools to let go of B. Marsh IF He stays COMPLETELY out of trouble from here on.

other things to consider a nd not necessarily in this order..

we can afford him..
will he muff more passes this coming year..
will he ever regain complete feeling/use of his hand..

SoCalImport
05-09-2009, 01:04 PM
other things to consider a nd not necessarily in this order..

we can afford him..
will he muff more passes this coming year..
will he ever regain complete feeling/use of his hand..

points two and three being obviously connected.

I think you're right that point one will be the deciding factor. drops and suspensions aside. with the way salaries are going, someone is likely to offer Marshall top 5 wr money whether he is one or not. Washington comes to mind.

Lonestar
05-09-2009, 01:10 PM

I think you're right that point one will be the deciding factor. drops and suspensions aside. with the way salaries are going, someone is likely to offer Marshall top 5 wr money whether he is one or not. Washington comes to mind.

and I would not begrudge him to go IF he thinks he did not get a huge break here in DEN.. If money is all he is about then more power to him..

Afterall how much money do you have to have, is an additional 5 mil per year gonna make that much difference?

call me old fashioned but when the taxes are gonna get 3.5 of it (or more IF we keep going at our current rate) who cares..

rcsodak
05-09-2009, 01:19 PM

Well, they can't offer him squat if he is still under contract, so Wash. is a moot point.

“This is where I want to end my career. I want to play for Coach (Mike) Shanahan and the Denver Broncos throughout my career. I’m happy where I’m at.”

But that ^^^^ is kind of a good thing/bad thing statement..... :D

Lonestar
05-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Well, they can't offer him squat if he is still under contract, so Wash. is a moot point.

“This is where I want to end my career. I want to play for Coach (Mike) Shanahan and the Denver Broncos throughout my career. I’m happy where I’m at.”

think he was talking when he becomes a UFA

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 03:24 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?playerId=8520

2008 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 64 | Key
Alert: None

Comment: Orton is going into his fourth year and has good size and above-average athletic ability. He has a strong arm and can make all the throws. He can fit the ball into tight windows or toss it deep with accuracy. He is more of a pocket passer who has a three-quarter release and can get the ball out relatively quickly. Orton has lots of raw talent. He isn't fleet-of-foot, but has enough foot agility and quickness to move and avoid pressure to make plays downfield. He appears to have matured reading coverages better and taking what the defense gives him rather than forcing the ball when under pressure. He has the tools to be an effective signal caller in the league but isn't a player who can carry a club. He will compete for the starting position in 2008.

Lonestar
05-09-2009, 04:22 PM

Comment: Orton is going into his fourth year and has good size and above-average athletic ability. He has a strong arm and can make all the throws. He can fit the ball into tight windows or toss it deep with accuracy. He is more of a pocket passer who has a three-quarter release and can get the ball out relatively quickly. Orton has lots of raw talent. He isn't fleet-of-foot, but has enough foot agility and quickness to move and avoid pressure to make plays downfield. He appears to have matured reading coverages better and taking what the defense gives him rather than forcing the ball when under pressure. He has the tools to be an effective signal caller in the league but isn't a player who can carry a club. He will compete for the starting position in 2008.

perhaps this would be better in an exsisting Orton thread..

nevcraw
05-09-2009, 11:45 PM
perhaps this would be better in an exsisting Orton thread..

Perhaps.

Perhaps, I should have brought up "mikey" and all would have been forgiven.

Hawgdriver
05-10-2009, 12:55 AM

No more parties at the Shanahansion, that's what he's thinking...:laugh:

McDaniels will get Marshall involved. Wouldn't be surprised to see the WR screen executed to perfection next year. With our speedy linemen, that could be one of the Broncos' best plays. Both he, Royal, and our RBs seem perfect for screens.

rcsodak
05-10-2009, 01:10 AM

Cut-n-run'er was supposed to be that player.....

.....too bad he failed. His problem, was if the running game wasn't working, or the Oline wasn't giving him 5 secs, or his receiving crew didn't make superman plays, he'd lose it, blow up, throw int's and sulk.

I'll take an "effective signal caller" who works his 'untalented' ass off, vs an underachieving ass, any ol' day.

broncohead
05-10-2009, 01:43 AM

.....too bad he failed. His problem, was if the running game wasn't working, or the Oline wasn't giving him 5 secs, or his receiving crew didn't make superman plays, he'd lose it, blow up, throw int's and sulk.

I'll take an "effective signal caller" who works his 'untalented' ass off, vs an underachieving ass, any ol' day.

Haha ur funny

Lonestar
05-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Perhaps.

Perhaps, I should have brought up "mikey" and all would have been forgiven.

who is mikey?

elsid13
05-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I haven't read all the thread, but I guess folks are using the statement by Royal to state that Orton has "strong" arm, right? Let talk what arm strength is and it isn't the ability to throw deep, because that more about throwing a good arc down the field. And teams only "go-deep" once or twice a game to keep the defense honest.

Very Good arm strength is the the ability to throw the short to intermediate routes (where 90% of the throw are) to WR/TE/RB with defender playing tight coverage over the receiver's back/shoulder and hitting tight spot. Elite arm strength (which Cutler has, Elway had, Favre had, ) is the ability to make those short/intermediate passes to to wide side of the field when you're feet aren't set (which happens a lot with defenders at your feet or forcing the QB outside the pocket). Orton cannot do that.

Orton going to have to depend on making the right read and timing to make his passes work effectively. And if he doesn't have clean pocket he better be throwing it away or dumping the ball down to his backs. With mobile QBs like Cutler, Plummer, Young, Elway, etc Shanahan offense was able to extend the play, I wouldn't expect to see a lot success this season when the play break down, because neither Orton or Simms has that ability. See Patriots offense in the Superbowl against the Giants for prime example of what happens when "the system" offense line get beat and QB doesn't have a good pocket.

nevcraw
05-10-2009, 08:40 AM

This is what I like to call a distortion of the truth..

You try carrying an an entire team on your back and see if you would not be frustrated at times.. If He did not play PERFECT the team lost.

Northman
05-10-2009, 09:09 AM

You try carrying an an entire team on your back and see if you would not be frustrated at times.. If He did not play PERFECT the team lost.

Why are you still crying about a guy who didnt even want to be here?

Superchop 7
05-10-2009, 10:02 AM
My point EXACTLY in the whole QB debate.

Giants beating New England.

Great post.

If Elway played QB for NE, NE wins.

WHY ?

Because the defense has to account for his talents when the play breaks down.

If it's the 4th qtr and the playbook isn't working......thats when John was at his best, he had the freedom to improvise.

Superchop 7
05-10-2009, 10:03 AM
UPDATE

Eddie Royal "sits", "rolls over" and "plays dead".

nevcraw
05-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Why are you still crying about a guy who didnt even want to be here?

Crying? Nice try..

I was replying to a post. and as far as him not wanting to be there, that is your opinion, hardly a fact.. There are many sides to this story but by all means wrap it up in a little neat package if it makes you feel better.

Bronco Bible
05-10-2009, 10:24 AM

-----

If nothing at all, it should be fun to watch:coffee:

Bronco Bible
05-10-2009, 10:29 AM

When exactly did he play a "perfect game" I as a matter of fact remember a streak of 2 int. games he had going:coffee:

BroncoJoe
05-10-2009, 10:40 AM
When exactly did he play a "perfect game" I as a matter of fact remember a streak of 2 int. games he had going:coffee:

Dude, that was the defense's fault.

:rolleyes:

Northman
05-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Crying? Nice try..

I was replying to a post. and as far as him not wanting to be there, that is your opinion, hardly a fact.. There are many sides to this story but by all means wrap it up in a little neat package if it makes you feel better.

Uh no. It is a fact that he wanted to be traded. Your delusional. :lol:

nevcraw
05-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Uh no. It is a fact that he wanted to be traded. Your delusional. :lol:

again, whatever makes you feel better..

http://sophiesfavors.com/custfavdiy_satbowribwrapfav-notag_ball.htm

pic your color...

Northman
05-10-2009, 12:35 PM

http://sophiesfavors.com/custfavdiy_satbowribwrapfav-notag_ball.htm

pic your color...

Its not about feeling better i just can distinguish between fact and fantasy. But evidently you struggle mightly with that concept. But hey man, no worries. Maybe you can get a doctor to prescribe you some pills to help with that. Good luck. :beer:

Oh, and here you go but dont let facts get in the way.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/03/16/broncos_cutler_asks_for_trade/

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/3/16/798798/jay-cutler-asks-for-trade

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/03/16/report-cutler-asks-for-trade/

If you need more proof i can get it for ya.

nevcraw
05-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Its not about feeling better i just can distinguish between fact and fantasy. But evidently you struggle mightly with that concept. But hey man, no worries. Maybe you can get a doctor to prescribe you some pills to help with that. Good luck. :beer:

Oh, and here you go but dont let facts get in the way.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/03/16/broncos_cutler_asks_for_trade/

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/3/16/798798/jay-cutler-asks-for-trade

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/03/16/report-cutler-asks-for-trade/

If you need more proof i can get it for ya.

Did I ever dispute he asked for a trade? Not a once.. Re-read my posts, if you are having trouble understanding my intent.

All I said that there are many sides to the story, not jut the one you've gobbled up and throw around like you actually know something.. I'm not going to try to persuade you otherwise because your not interested in cause and effect only absolutes.
some people realize the world does not work in total absolutes and others need the world to be defined in black and white to feel safe and secure.. - this would be you..

Please feel free to ignore my posts if you cannot handle free thinking..

Northman
05-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Did I ever dispute he asked for a trade? Not a once..

Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Uh no. It is a fact that he wanted to be traded. Your delusional.

Your Reply:

BullRush
05-10-2009, 01:40 PM
It's not always about pure arm strength. Look at Joe Montana. Good arm, but not a great one. But got the job done quite well. Orton could do well here with a fresh start and an offense around him with some weapons. It looks like the running game will be fairly stout which should take some pressure off of whoever is playing the QB position. Let's hope for the best!

Slick
05-10-2009, 02:51 PM
It's not always about pure arm strength. Look at Joe Montana. Good arm, but not a great one. But got the job done quite well. Orton could do well here with a fresh start and an offense around him with some weapons. It looks like the running game will be fairly stout which should take some pressure off of whoever is playing the QB position. Let's hope for the best!

Well said, and good point about the hopefully improved running game. It also sounds like Eddie and everyone else realizes this is a team game, and they need to be in it together to be successful. Personal accolades will come to some players of course, but if it's individual stardom they seek, they should have played golf or tennis.

Orton may suck, or he may play well, it's anyone's guess at this point. I just like the attitude I see coming from Eddie, Kyle and the rest of Dove Valley.

Northman
05-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Well said, and good point about the hopefully improved running game. It also sounds like Eddie and everyone else realizes this is a team game, and they need to be in it together to be successful. Personal accolades will come to some players of course, but if it's individual stardom they seek, they should have played golf or tennis.

Orton may suck, or he may play well, it's anyone's guess at this point. I just like the attitude I see coming from Eddie, Kyle and the rest of Dove Valley.

Exactly. For years John had to carry this franchise but yet lost 3 SB's because the rest of the balance wasnt there. Now, it would seem that McD is putting together ALL the pieces necessary to achieve that same goal. Would of been nice to have a Superstar Qb there to lead them but that wasnt in the cards so we go with players who want it to be a team concept. Hopefully this all plays out well for the Broncos as in the end that is the only team i care about.

Tempus Fugit
05-11-2009, 12:18 AM
I haven't read all the thread, but I guess folks are using the statement by Royal to state that Orton has "strong" arm, right? Let talk what arm strength is and it isn't the ability to throw deep, because that more about throwing a good arc down the field. And teams only "go-deep" once or twice a game to keep the defense honest.

Very Good arm strength is the the ability to throw the short to intermediate routes (where 90% of the throw are) to WR/TE/RB with defender playing tight coverage over the receiver's back/shoulder and hitting tight spot. Elite arm strength (which Cutler has, Elway had, Favre had, ) is the ability to make those short/intermediate passes to to wide side of the field when you're feet aren't set (which happens a lot with defenders at your feet or forcing the QB outside the pocket). Orton cannot do that.

Orton going to have to depend on making the right read and timing to make his passes work effectively. And if he doesn't have clean pocket he better be throwing it away or dumping the ball down to his backs. With mobile QBs like Cutler, Plummer, Young, Elway, etc Shanahan offense was able to extend the play, I wouldn't expect to see a lot success this season when the play break down, because neither Orton or Simms has that ability. See Patriots offense in the Superbowl against the Giants for prime example of what happens when "the system" offense line get beat and QB doesn't have a good pocket.

Brady had an ankle injury. People ignore/forget that like they ignore/forget the injury to Neal when they talk about that game.

pnbronco
05-11-2009, 10:37 AM

Well put Slick and BR. That's why I was happy with what I read. I like hearing that they are working together as a team. Being a fan for a long time I've have watched many of our teams lose games, but if they left it all on the field I could live with that. That's what made last year so tough, they would beat a team that had more "talent" then loose to KC who had not won a game in a year.

Having the O-Line stay together gives me a lot of hope. They did a great job last year and should gel even more this year. Slick's right at this point non of know how much talent Orton has, but it sounds like he's willing to work his butt off to give the team all that he's got. It is my hope that his work ethic spreads to the rest of the team, esp those with the raw talent.

rcsodak
05-11-2009, 09:27 PM

LMAO!

I think we all saw how just IMPERFECT he is, didn't we.

And distortion is not the word I'd use....

.....when what I said was the truth.

Really loved how he 'stepped-up' in those division games...especially against the cellar dwellars.

I can't wait to see how he does against D's that are WAY better than what he faced last year.

:lol:

rcsodak
05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
My point EXACTLY in the whole QB debate.

Giants beating New England.

Great post.

If Elway played QB for NE, NE wins.

WHY ?

Because the defense has to account for his talents when the play breaks down.

If it's the 4th qtr and the playbook isn't working......thats when John was at his best, he had the freedom to improvise.

Put the plonk down.....

:listen:

Elway hasn't played for 10yrs.

rcsodak
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Did I ever dispute he asked for a trade? Not a once.. Re-read my posts, if you are having trouble understanding my intent.

All I said that there are many sides to the story, not jut the one you've gobbled up and throw around like you actually know something.. I'm not going to try to persuade you otherwise because your not interested in cause and effect only absolutes.
some people realize the world does not work in total absolutes and others need the world to be defined in black and white to feel safe and secure.. - this would be you..

Please feel free to ignore my posts if you cannot handle free thinking..

WOW! :confused:

So let me help....

Cut-n-run'er ABSOLUTELY wanted out of Denver.
He lost his HC that drafted him and covered has ass.
He lost his drinking buddy, Bates, Jr.

Now, putting all of your hubbablub about whites/greys/blacks, yada yada, aside.....

yes, you DID say
and as far as him not wanting to be there, that is your opinion, hardly a fact...

Some people can be fooled by whatif's,shouldabeens, and gray areas....

....but not everybody. :lol:

nevcraw
05-11-2009, 10:51 PM
WOW! :confused:

So let me help....

Cut-n-run'er ABSOLUTELY wanted out of Denver.
He lost his HC that drafted him and covered has ass.
He lost his drinking buddy, Bates, Jr.

Now, putting all of your hubbablub about whites/greys/blacks, yada yada, aside.....

yes, you DID say .

Some people can be fooled by whatif's,shouldabeens, and gray areas....

....but not everybody. :lol:

Cut n' runner - that's so cute!! did you think of that all on your own?

I would never be so naive to call fact to anything I read or heard.. (removed P&R)

Hawgdriver
05-11-2009, 11:18 PM
sorry my friend but even the bible is slanted.

This seems like it belongs in P&R.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Jay Cutler didn't want to play for Josh McDenials, had Bowlen hired a No Comprenda from the Rent-o-bum service instead, Cutler would still be a Bronco.......There is plenty of blame to go around but don't get it twisted, Doogie is the reason Cutler is no longer in Denver.......

nevcraw
05-12-2009, 08:12 AM
This seems like it belongs in P&R.

It's gone now...

nevcraw
05-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Jay Cutler didn't want to play for Josh McDenials, had Bowlen hired a No Comprenda from the Rent-o-bum service instead, Cutler would still be a Bronco.......There is plenty of blame to go around but don't get it twisted, Doogie is the reason Cutler is no longer in Denver.......

Jay did not want to play for Josh - it can seem that way. But the flip side that many do not want admit so they can villianize Cutler is the McD did not want Jay. He looked to replace his QB within 2 weeks on the job. People can spin that all they want but if you engage in trade talks on your QB that is sure fire sign you think you can do better than what you got.

Can't make the new the coach the bad guy - got to live w/ him.. easier to pin it all on Jay b/c he's someone elses problem now..

T.K.O.
05-12-2009, 10:31 AM
does'nt that cutler guy play for an nfc team now ?

Northman
05-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Jay did not want to play for Josh - it can seem that way. But the flip side that many do not want admit so they can villianize Cutler is the McD did not want Jay. He looked to replace his QB within 2 weeks on the job. People can spin that all they want but if you engage in trade talks on your QB that is sure fire sign you think you can do better than what you got.

Yea, McD did look into a trade for Jay no one has denied that. However, when it fell through both Bowlen and McD said they were going to forge on with Jay at the helm. However, Jay couldnt get over that fact that anyone on this team is expendable. Thus, he asked for a trade which then takes the blame off of McD and places it solely on Jay Cutler's shoulder. Its quite obvious Cutler didnt want to play for McDaniels. Yet Jay plays for his teammates.....errr according to him anyway.....errr guess not as he wouldnt even return phone calls from them. So while you can point your finger solely at McD for toying with the idea it doesnt change the fact that in the end there is only one guy to blame for why he was traded. Jay Cutler. As pretty evident with the whole Rivers fiasco Jay Cutler just doesnt know how to cut things loose and holds grudges far too long instead of being a man and trying to move on. If he doesnt learn how to cope with adversity that will ultimately be his downfall.

Nomad
05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Yea, McD did looked into a trade for Jay no one has denied that. However, when it fell through both Bowlen and McD said they were going to forge on with Jay at the helm. However, Jay couldnt get over that fact that anyone on this team is expendable. Thus, he asked for a trade which then takes the blame off of McD and places it solely on Jay Cutler's shoulder. Its quite obvious Cutler didnt want to play for McDaniels. Yet Jay plays for his teammates.....errr according to him anyway.....errr guess not as he wouldnt even return phone calls from them. So while you can point your finger solely at McD for toying with the idea it doesnt change the fact that in the end there is only one guy to blame for why he was traded. Jay Cutler. As pretty evident with the whole Rivers fiasco Jay Cutler just doesnt know how to cut things loose and holds grudges far too long instead of being a man and trying to move on. If he doesnt learn how to cope with adversity that will ultimately be his downfall.

I know this like beating a dead horse over and over, but I believe after Bates walked away Cutler made it aware to his agent or someone at Dove valley that he didn't want to play for and be coached by McDaniels. McDaniels, at the time, saw that Cassel was being shopped around and he went after him but was too late. I know it's all assumptions and speculation by all parties involved but I give the benefit of the doubt to McDaniels only because of Cutler's attitude from past experiences. I mean why else would a coach be a moron and let a QB who has 'the sky-is-the-limit' potential of being a great QB. I also believe Bowlen made the mistake of telling Cutler he'd have a say in the coaching hunt/FO affairs and Cutler took it to heart after his pick (Bates) left.

MOtorboat
05-12-2009, 12:25 PM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[ORTON]&set=key[number],value[8]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p5853609_customback.chain]

T.K.O.
05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[ORTON]&set=key[number],value[8]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p5853609_customback.chain]

those are sweet uni's...maybe we could keep em' for all home games and call our d "the gold rush"..........not;)

powderaddict
05-12-2009, 01:19 PM
those are sweet uni's...maybe we could keep em' for all home games and call our d "the gold rush"..........not;)

:laugh: I attended a Denver Gold game as a kid at Mile High :lol:

Hawgdriver
05-12-2009, 02:06 PM
The 2009 Broncos Forums Lemma:

All threads must ultimately converge to a debate over McDaniels and Cutler.

Almost a law of nature...:laugh:

I'm glad they broke up before they had kids and an ugly custody battle.