PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Hillman!

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Who?????

silkamilkamonico
04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
What did we trade? Are we done for the day?

bcbronc
04-27-2012, 08:30 PM
don't know squat about him except he had lots of touches in his 2 year college career (606 total touches) and he scored lots of TDs (38 total TDs).

Northman
04-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Never heard of him but if he turns out like a Darren Sproles for us ill be happy.

Dapper Dan
We gave up the Number 87 overall and a 4th.

SR
Mayock seemed pretty excited about the pick.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 08:33 PM
The past 2 seasons he has a lot of TDs and yards.

Jon Gruden likes him.

chazoe60
Fast, fast, fast. Maybe it's just the school but he looks like he has a little Marshall Faulk in him. Very good at catching passes out of the backfield. Good pickup, good compliment to Willis. Hope we can still get Polk

iLands
We traded up?!

We gave up pick 120, right?

I don't know too much about this guy.

Gotta research.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 08:34 PM
I still liked Turbin. But whatever.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2012, 08:35 PM
hilites looked pretty damn nice. Shows great balance and does not go down easily.

iLands
04-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Turbin might still be available in the fourth. I highly doubt we'd do back to back RBs but who knows.

claymore
Fast, fast, fast. Maybe it's just the school but he looks like he has a little Marshall Faulk in him. Very good at catching passes out of the backfield. Good pickup, good compliment to Willis. Hope we can still get Polk

In his highlight real (youtube) he lookslike a MJD / Sproles (as north said) hybrid.

silkamilkamonico
Looks shifty as hell

bcbronc
04-27-2012, 08:37 PM
highlights:

http://youtu.be/kyNWPk7Oq90

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
If he's not quick then everyone else is slow.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 08:55 PM
9.9 YPC against Mizzou in 2010.

Looking at a few of the teams he embarrassed, they weren't scrubs.

Northman
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Like i said, if this kid even comes close to Darren Sproles production i highly doubt there will be much whining.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
04-27-2012, 09:01 PM
I watched his bowl game against the Ragin Cajuns as it was one of the first bowl games. I have to say I wasn't really impressed with him there. I thought this draft was about winning now and looking for impact players. So far we've drafted a QB project for the future and a 3rd down RB who we moved up 20 spots to get. I'm not seeing these impact players or a "win now" mentality that our front office was talking about.

Northman
04-27-2012, 09:02 PM
I watched his bowl game against the Ragin Cajuns as it was one of the first bowl games. I have to say I wasn't really impressed with him there. I thought this draft was about winning now and looking for impact players. So far we've drafted a QB project for the future and a 3rd down RB who we moved up 20 spots to get. I'm not seeing these impact players or a "win now" mentality that our front office was talking about.

Well, and thats why they have their jobs and you dont.

04-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I agree. They get paid to do this. I'm just expressing my opinion. I hope you are right and he is a Sproles type explosive player. I'm just upset about trading 20 spots to get him.

Tned
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
If he's not quick then everyone else is slow.

He was one of the fastest RB's at the combine.

Northman
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I agree. They get paid to do this. I'm just expressing my opinion. I hope you are right and he is a Sproles type explosive player. I'm just upset about trading 20 spots to get him.

Certainly not the way i would of have gone about it but they have more information than i do on these guys. But, i called 2 out 3 of them in my mock so im feeling pretty good right about now.

Tned
04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Certainly not the way i would of have gone about it but they have more information than i do on these guys. But, i called 2 out 3 of them in my mock so im feeling pretty good right about now.

So far, you've only hit on two more than I did... ;)

G_Money
04-27-2012, 09:15 PM
We're going with the "they're the professionals and you're not" defense? Sundquist was a professional too - he just sucked at his job. I don't think we let McDaniels off the hook for his personnel snafus because he's the pro.

Xanders is making choices that I find strange. If he's right, that's great. Like you said, he's the pro, he should be right about more guys than I am. I'm very curious to see the rest of this draft and how our talent from these last 2 drafts performs on the field.

~G

BigDaddyBronco
04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
We're going with the "they're the professionals and you're not" defense? Sundquist was a professional too - he just sucked at his job. I don't think we let McDaniels off the hook for his personnel snafus because he's the pro.

Xanders is making choices that I find strange. If he's right, that's great. Like you said, he's the pro, he should be right about more guys than I am. I'm very curious to see the rest of this draft and how our talent from these last 2 drafts performs on the field.

~G

If he isn't right they should fire his ass. You ought to have at least half you draft make the team or it's time to get better talent evaluators.

Tned
04-27-2012, 09:17 PM

~G

It will take a few years before we know if the picks were snafu's or genius, but obviously you are right, since they are professionals, that means that if they reach and miss, it's that much worse.

04-27-2012, 09:18 PM

Did you do that promotion for a signed Elway football? Also, the more I think about the picks the more I like them. I'm glad we got Wolfe in the first as I'm from the Ohio area and watched him play. He's also a DT, and JDR knows DTs. I like Osweiler for the future just not for the present. As for Hillman, I'm optimistic. I hope he is a Sproles type player after watching him in SD and he only looked better last year in NO with Brees throwing to him, which makes me think that our FO saw the Brees/Sproles combo last year and wanted that. The only problem I've had is the trade up 20 spots, but hey we've got two fourths tomorrow and an early fifth so I won't complain too much.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
He looks like Knowshon Moreno or Jeremiah Johnson in college to me. Small, quick, agile, breaks some ankles, never going to be a complete player, can't run between the tackles effectively, tries to bounce outside too much, a role-player not a game changer.

Northman

~G

Depends on your viewpoint. I happen to trust and think Elway knows a bit more than McDaniels but maybe thats just me. Still, im sure Elway wont be perfect but until ive seen what happens with this group its hard for me to call foul and call him a failure already. At least with Hillman i can see the positives. With Dick Quinn, i saw nothing.

Tned
Lammey's thoughts on him:

RT @cecillammey: @PostBroncos Hillman my favorite sleeper RB in this draft, he can be full time guy, dangerous weapon can score from anywhere

Northman
04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Did you do that promotion for a signed Elway football? Also, the more I think about the picks the more I like them. I'm glad we got Wolfe in the first as I'm from the Ohio area and watched him play. He's also a DT, and JDR knows DTs. I like Osweiler for the future just not for the present. As for Hillman, I'm optimistic. I hope he is a Sproles type player after watching him in SD and he only looked better last year in NO with Brees throwing to him, which makes me think that our FO saw the Brees/Sproles combo last year and wanted that. The only problem I've had is the trade up 20 spots, but hey we've got two fourths tomorrow and an early fifth so I won't complain too much.

Nah, i never knew about the football thing with Elway.

But, here is what i did. Granted, the rounds arent on point and some of the players stock had risen after i did it but this is what i had.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/375004-North-s-2012-Denver-Broncos-Mock-Draft?highlight=north%27s+mock

dogfish
04-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Lammey's thoughts on him:

RT @cecillammey: @PostBroncos Hillman my favorite sleeper RB in this draft, he can be full time guy, dangerous weapon can score from anywhere

a full-time guy at 200 pounds?

that's silly. . . no way in hell a back that size can handle 22 carries per game at this level for long. . .

Northman
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM

that's silly. . . no way in hell a back that size can handle 22 carries per game at this level for long. . .

I doubt Denver is going to use him as a fulltime back. We've been using a RBC for a while now.

pipes
04-27-2012, 09:31 PM

C'mon dog...

What about Jamaal Charles, CJ2k, Maurice Jones-Drew, McCoy, those are the ones that come to mind...
Of the starting RBs that are under 210lbs

gregbroncs
04-27-2012, 09:38 PM
All I know is that the highlights are impressive. The speed he shows on those runs is fantastic. The moves he makes with hardly slowing are nice as well. Making fakes like that while running almost top speed is impressive to me. I hope he works out. A change of pace guy like that to play with Mcgahee gives us a great change of pace back.

Only question I have is can he catch? Did not see a lot of that in the highlights I found.

pipes
04-27-2012, 09:44 PM
All I know is that the highlights are impressive. The speed he shows on those runs is fantastic. The moves he makes with hardly slowing are nice as well. Making fakes like that while running almost top speed is impressive to me. I hope he works out. A change of pace guy like that to play with Mcgahee gives us a great change of pace back.

Only question I have is can he catch? Did not see a lot of that in the highlights I found.

He's gotta have better hands than Lance Ball!!
That dude can't catch!!!

dogfish
04-27-2012, 09:44 PM
C'mon dog...

What about Jamaal Charles, CJ2k, Maurice Jones-Drew, McCoy, those are the ones that come to mind...
Of the starting RBs that are under 210lbs

i don't count MJD-- he's so short, that 208 is like a barrel. . .

CJ is the exception simply because he's too good to keep off the field, and i'll apologize if hillman is CJ. . . charles has already broken once-- we'll see if he ever comes all the way back. . . and the iggles have said they want to reduce mccoy's workload as soon as this year. . .

i can't see hillman having more than a couple seasons over about 200-some touches, but we'll see. . . maybe he can pack a few extra pounds on without losing quickness. . . i'm not super familiar with him-- i just think that size is somewhat prohibitive to being a true, year after year workhorse. . .

iLands
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah. He catches too.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2012, 09:48 PM

CJ is the exception simply because he's too good to keep off the field, and i'll apologize if hillman is CJ. . . charles has already broken once-- we'll see if he ever comes all the way back. . . and the iggles have said they want to reduce mccoy's workload as soon as this year. . .

i can't see hillman having more than a couple seasons over about 200-some touches, but we'll see. . . maybe he can pack a few extra pounds on without losing quickness. . . i'm not super familiar with him-- i just think that size is somewhat prohibitive to being a true, year after year workhorse. . .

hillman is under 5'9". He isn't a bowling bal like MJD, but he isn't tall and 200lbs.

dogfish
04-27-2012, 09:52 PM
hillman is under 5'9". He isn't a bowling bal like MJD, but he isn't tall and 200lbs.

i'm not saying he's felix jones or nothin'. . .

but do you see him as a guy that can give us 300+ touches year in, year out?

:whoknows:

edit: also, not saying he has to for it to be a good pick. . . it's not about that-- just sayin' i'm not convinced at all with lamney's assessment there. . .

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
He looks like Knowshon Moreno or Jeremiah Johnson in college to me. Small, quick, agile, breaks some ankles, never going to be a complete player, can't run between the tackles effectively, tries to bounce outside too much, a role-player not a game changer.

Yeah we missed out on those because we didnt pull the trigger in the 1st.

And I don't buy the "let's let the professionals do their jobs" argument either. Call me an arm chair GM or whatever but I could pick us better players. I unlike our front offices have the balls to sit, wait and pick a starter day one. Every year they blow it.

Von Miller was a given! At #2 it's very hard to miss but try finding the Von Millers late in round 1 then I'll be impressed. Can't be done? See Clay Matthews.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm sure it's easy to make a decision when it's not your job. Opinions are opinions but saying you can draft better than EFX is like saying I have better hands than Eric Decker.

Lancane
04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm sure it's easy to make a decision when it's not your job. Opinions are opinions but saying you can draft better than EFX is like saying I have better hands than Eric Decker.

Except for McDaniels...everyone is smarter then Mini Napoleon!

xzn
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏ @PostBroncos Reply Retweet Favorited · Open
Fox makes a point to say that Ronnie Hillman broke Marshall Faulk's records at SDSU. Said he compares favorably to Faulk

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Except for McDaniels...everyone is smarter then Mini Napoleon!

I won't even comment on that because I've found myself in the minority for the most part there.

xzn
04-27-2012, 11:06 PM
“One of the big things, and no offense to Marshall [Faulk], but he broke all of his records there at San Diego State, and [Faulk] fared pretty well. I think he can be an example, that’s the first one that comes to mind. That’s pretty big shoes to fill. But he’s that dynamic – kind of Sproles-like, that explosive, and dynamic whether you hand it to him, check it down to him or even long passes to him. He’s an all-around running back.” -- John Fox

Chef Zambini
04-27-2012, 11:09 PM
still need a safety. we needed a RB.
this guy was obviously somebody they liked enuff to move up to select.
Once again we have to rely on the EFX homework.
questions and doubt abound.

Chef Zambini
04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
“One of the big things, and no offense to Marshall [Faulk], but he broke all of his records there at San Diego State, and [Faulk] fared pretty well. I think he can be an example, that’s the first one that comes to mind. That’s pretty big shoes to fill. But he’s that dynamic – kind of Sproles-like, that explosive, and dynamic whether you hand it to him, check it down to him or even long passes to him. He’s an all-around running back.” -- John Foxright up front I want to admit that I am not a big college football devotee.
But i have seen my share of college ballgames.
only ONCE have i ever watched a college back and said, without hesitation or stipulation,
"that kid is gonna tear it up as a pro"
marshall falk was that one guy.
if he is only 75% of what marshall faulk is, I will be thrilled with this pick !
If he looks like sproles in a bronco uniform i will be thrilled.
if we still had bobby turner around to coach him, i would be confident.

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 12:01 AM

What the hell else we're we going to rely on?

Dan Snyder?
Jerry Jones?

As usual, you never fail to disappoint with ridiculousness.

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 12:02 AM
right up front I want to admit that I am not a big college football devotee.

We know.

Tned
04-28-2012, 12:05 AM
RT @GazetteAirForce: Saw Hillman twice in person. He is phenomenal. Incredibly impressive. regret not voting him MW POY over Dalton in 2010.

jhildebrand
04-28-2012, 12:22 AM
The SDST Air Force game is on Youtube. It is also there as a highlight film of Hillman. I see a guy who can be LT like but not the same talent. One thing that worries me is he does a bit of dancing/shuffling behind the LOS. That doesn't work in this league. I hope they can coach that right out of him. Get him to stick his foot in the ground, see the hole, and go.

One thing I do like is he seems to have decent vision! Moreno might not make it out of camp this year.

sneakers
04-28-2012, 12:42 AM
O Don Piano

shank
04-28-2012, 12:55 AM
i'm happy with hillman, not happy that we traded up to grab him.

iLands
04-28-2012, 02:29 AM
This probably means nothing to you guys, but I'll give you the anecdote anyway.

Elaborating on this tweet Tned posted in the general draft thread:

RT @GazetteAirForce: @PostBroncos I'll predict Hillman goes for 1,000 as a rookie. I like him that much. And AFA's coaching staff probably higher on him than me

The best talent evaluator I know in person, a friend of mine and someone who makes his living in the game, texted me immediately after the pick to congratulate us and told me we had pulled off the biggest steal since Upshaw went to the Ravens.

My first response was "What?" and my second response was "Why?"

His response: "It wasn't just that he broke Faulk's records. It wasn't just that he rushed for over 1700. It wasn't just the 20 TDs. It wasn't just great vision and great cuts. It wasn't just patience. It wasn't just 4.45 speed. It was yards after contact. Go back and watch his yards after contact in context of all the rest."

horsepig
04-28-2012, 05:16 AM
He looks to me to be a little quicker than Knowshow.

BroncoNut
04-28-2012, 06:55 AM

that's the bottom line Zam.

gregbroncs
04-28-2012, 08:39 AM
The SDST Air Force game is on Youtube. It is also there as a highlight film of Hillman. I see a guy who can be LT like but not the same talent. One thing that worries me is he does a bit of dancing/shuffling behind the LOS. That doesn't work in this league. I hope they can coach that right out of him. Get him to stick his foot in the ground, see the hole, and go.

One thing I do like is he seems to have decent vision! Moreno might not make it out of camp this year.Barry Sanders would argue with you about the dancing in the backfield not working in this league. (Not saying he is Barry Sanders)

SmilinAssasSin27
04-28-2012, 09:18 AM
I love his balance. Uses the hand on the ground very well to keep runs going.

Nomad
04-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Never heard of this guy, but I guess, welcome to the BRONCOS

Dzone
04-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Cant wait to get rid of the colossal bust Knowshon Moreno.

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Cant wait to get rid of the colossal bust Knowshon Moreno.

Im still wondering if they plan to keep Moreno to spell McGahee. Hillman will probably be used for the 3rd down/special teams at least for the first year (just a early guess) but since Moreno at least has experience they may hold onto him. The only issue would be the money he makes which im not sure what he due to make this year.

bcbronc
04-28-2012, 11:59 AM
pretty sure Moreno makes peanuts next season, could be wrong though.

I don't think it's out of the question we'll see Moreno and Hillman on the field together in some shotgun situations.

I'm also guessing that the Hillman pick says something about how EFX feels about Fannin this year. We have to have a second between the tackle option in the backfield for when Willis misses time.

Tned
04-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Moreno "could" flourish with Manning in the backfield. He showed a few flashes before getting hurt last year. So, while I'm not a big fan, I still see a sliver of hope left.

bcbronc
04-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Moreno has been better than a lot of people give him credit for....he just can't stay healthy. I don't have much confidence he'll ever be durable enough to handle even 200 touches in a season, but his skill set fits Manning to a tee.

weazel
04-28-2012, 12:25 PM
lmao they traded up for this POS

small, 3rd down change up back... future release.

Tned
04-28-2012, 12:28 PM
lmao they traded up for this POS

small, 3rd down change up back... future release.

lol, ok. Would you like to elaborate on that impressive evaluation?

bcbronc
04-28-2012, 12:36 PM
I know right weasel, there's just no place for small, 3rd down change of pace backs in today's NFL.

Northman
04-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Sproles seems to be doing just fine.

Tned
04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Ok, this was kind of funny. Cecil Lammey on the radio talking to someone at Dove Valley (Joe something) who said the new draft guys will be at Dove Valley later holding up uniforms and talking to the press. Lammey says, "would it be too weird for you to tell Hillman I love him?"

I know it is only one man's opinion, but Lammey is VERY high on this kid. Wrote about him early in the month as one of the five backs in the draft that he really liked.

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 12:53 PM
I think this is a great pick. Think DeAngelo Williams, with 15 less pounds. Every other measurable, including college numbers in a non-BCS conference, is comparable.

iLands
04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
lol, ok. Would you like to elaborate on that impressive evaluation?

Idiots are idiots. What's to discuss? I haven't seen one reasonable scrap of analysis from weaz since I've been here.

CoachChaz
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM
When I hear and see Ronnie Hillman, I think Ronnie Harmon. If thats who he plays like...im fine with the pick

dogfish
04-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Im still wondering if they plan to keep Moreno to spell McGahee. Hillman will probably be used for the 3rd down/special teams at least for the first year (just a early guess) but since Moreno at least has experience they may hold onto him. The only issue would be the money he makes which im not sure what he due to make this year.

well, we didn't get anyone to replace him, so unfortunately i'm afraid we're stuck with the turd for another year. . . meh. . . i guess U 29 can be happy about it. . .

NorCalBronco7
04-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Ill take a Deangelo Williams-lite anyday. This was my enitial thought as well. Chances are Hillman wont be running between the tackles in the NFL that much, but for his size, he runs with good power in the few tapes Ive watched.

claymore
04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Moreno has been better than a lot of people give him credit for....he just can't stay healthy. I don't have much confidence he'll ever be durable enough to handle even 200 touches in a season, but his skill set fits Manning to a tee.

He's been the best 1st round pick of the McD era. He aint great, but the others dont take near the same heat that he does.

dogfish
04-28-2012, 07:20 PM
He's been the best 1st round pick of the McD era. He aint great, but the others dont take near the same heat that he does.

your love for running backs borders on the stupid, and that's coming from someone who values the position a lot. . . :laugh:

ayers and DT are both better players than knowshon-- both of them will still be here when he's out of the league. . .

:welcome:

bcbronc
04-28-2012, 07:36 PM
agreed, Moreno, Ayers and DT are all turning into solid players. 75% on first round picks? Do that over the long haul, you'll be a pretty good franchise.

:wave:

dogfish
04-28-2012, 07:37 PM
agreed, Moreno, Ayers and DT are all turning into solid players. 75% on first round picks? Do that over the long haul, you'll be a pretty good franchise.

come on, man. . . :lol:

moreno is garbage, and you know it. . .

CoachChaz
04-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Moreno is not spectacular, but when he's healthy, he's solid. Its his health that makes him a bust more than his performance. At least IMO

bcbronc
04-28-2012, 07:57 PM
come on, man. . . :lol:

moreno is garbage, and you know it. . .

nah, he's not garbage. He's a useful player. Not a franchise back or anything, and definitely not what you want to get out of a RB taken that early, but he can contribute when he's healthy. He's made of porcelain though.

Mannway187
04-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Although I don't know anything about this kid, and never heard of him prior to the draft, I am excited. The only reason is this: I had never heard of or knew anything about this sixth round chump from Georgia that Shanahan drafted back in ???? Turns out that chump really could tote the rock!!! Maybe this guy turns out to be Mannings Terrell Davis, and maybe not. I'm willing to give him a chance. Hell, What IF???

Simple Jaded
04-29-2012, 09:59 AM

I wonder about that too but l hope Fannin is as good as some say he was in TC last year and that he is McGahee's primary backup; McGahee, Fannin, Hillman and Moreno would be a solid core of RB's. Ya need at least 2 RB's with some size, imo, and l'm hoping Fannin shows more potential than Ball or Johnson. Moreno has a chance of sticking this year but next year is nearly out of the question, given his $1.7 salary.

As for Slowshon being garbage, yeah pretty much. I hated the pick at the time because he appeared to be a Kevin Faulk and an obscene waste of a 12th overall draft pick, Slowhon turned out to Kevin Faulk with a chronic case of Vaginosis and is clearly a huge waste of the 12th overall pick in the draft. Ayers would have been a hell of a lot better value there and he's been a waste of the 18th overall pick so far. Demaryius Thomas looks like Doogie's best #1 pick and that's not exactly something to hang your hat considering he had an injury when they drafted him and he's gone on to miss as many games as pretty much any recent #1 pick across the league.

Between Clady and Miller the Broncos have had very little to show for all the #1 picks they had.......

SmilinAssasSin27
04-29-2012, 10:18 AM

I think Ayers and DT would argue that point. Hell...so would Tebow. There were only 4 picks to choose from and he COULD be the worst. That's not hating. That's the truth.

iLands
04-29-2012, 01:09 PM
I think Ayers and DT would argue that point. Hell...so would Tebow. There were only 4 picks to choose from and he COULD be the worst. That's not hating. That's the truth.

I can't wait to see Ayers in action this year. I'm expecting big things with new coaching and him back to his natural position after all that experimentation.

=]

topscribe
04-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Well, Ayers had taken his share of heat, too. And I still believe Ayers will
justify his selection. He just needed to get back to his natural position, IMO.

Regarding Moreno, I think he'll do all right as a role player on passing downs.
I just believe he should have been graded about fourth round . . .

claymore
04-29-2012, 01:26 PM
your love for running backs borders on the stupid, and that's coming from someone who values the position a lot. . . :laugh:

ayers and DT are both better players than knowshon-- both of them will still be here when he's out of the league. . .

If you believe that you are basing your opinion on potential.

Neither one of those guys have put up anything close to what Moreno has. Ayers numbers are abismal. DT's would be great if he could stay healthy, but he cant so his numbers are terrible too. Neither one of those 2 has had 1 season where they were ranked higher at their position than Moreno was.

claymore
04-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Well, Ayers had taken his share of heat, too. And I still believe Ayers will
justify his selection. He just needed to get back to his natural position, IMO.

Regarding Moreno, I think he'll do all right as a role player on passing downs.
I just believe he should have been graded about fourth round . . .
Moreno has been better than Tebow, Ayers, and THomas. None of those guys have been as good at their position as Moreno. Moreno is a middle to latter part of the pack too. THey all kinda suck, He just sucks less.

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 01:28 PM
If you believe that you are basing your opinion on potential.

Neither one of those guys have put up anything close to what Moreno has. Ayers numbers are abismal. DT's would be great if he could stay healthy, but he cant so his numbers are terrible too. Neither one of those 2 has had 1 season where they were ranked higher at their position than Moreno was.

He was a top 20 yard producer in the entire NFL in his first two seasons, and I believe he was 18th in touchdowns scored.

IN THE ENTIRE NFL.

I'm just baffled at times by the hate for Moreno...

NightTerror218
04-29-2012, 01:32 PM

People said the same thing about Doomer when he was drafted.

claymore
04-29-2012, 01:34 PM

They can argue all they want but Ayers, Thomas and Tebow have never been ranked higher than Moreno at thier perspective positions.

claymore
04-29-2012, 01:36 PM
He was a top 20 yard producer in the entire NFL in his first two seasons, and I believe he was 18th in touchdowns scored.

IN THE ENTIRE NFL.

Im not a fan of Moreno, but the others (DT and Ayers) have been absolute non factors. Tebow was the 2nd best by position, and he was traded. :shrugs:

NightTerror218
04-29-2012, 01:36 PM

IN THE ENTIRE NFL.

Its the heath issues.

NightTerror218
04-29-2012, 01:37 PM
They can argue all they want but Ayers, Thomas and Tebow have never been ranked higher than Moreno at thier perspective positions.

what do you aspect from Ayers? He just started to play his natural position. He is more of the run stuff then a sacker.

topscribe
04-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Moreno has been better than Tebow, Ayers, and THomas. None of those guys have been as good at their position as Moreno. Moreno is a middle to latter part of the pack too. THey all kinda suck, He just sucks less.
Thomas? You mean DT? You're kidding, buddy. When healthy, DT has just
killed it. All he needs to do is to stay healthy, and the Broncos have
themselves a star, IMO.

Regarding Ayers, he began to break out last year, doing a solid job at DE,
where he belongs, and I believe he will continue that breakout this year.

Maybe Moreno will, too, I dunno . . . just like DT, he just has to say healthy
long enough to do it. I really loved the way Moreno ran the open field when
he was drafted. I don't think people really know how hard he was to tackle.
But he does need to get stronger between the tackles. For this reason, when
he announced last year that he had lost several pounds, I winced. I saw him
losing power and being more subject to injury. I believe I was right on both
counts.

I do hope you're right about Moreno, Clay. I would love to see him break out . . .

claymore
04-29-2012, 01:50 PM
what do you aspect from Ayers? He just started to play his natural position. He is more of the run stuff then a sacker.

I expect better. He hasnt out performed Moreno. I dont see why he gets a pass, Tebow got a pass, and DT gets a pass, Moreno gets villafied even though he has been statistically better than all of them.

Thomas? You mean DT? You're kidding, buddy. When healthy, DT has just
killed it. All he needs to do is to stay healthy, and the Broncos have
themselves a star, IMO.

Regarding Ayers, he began to break out last year, doing a solid job at DE,
where he belongs, and I believe he will continue that breakout this year.

Maybe Moreno will, too, I dunno . . . just like DT, he just has to say healthy
long enough to do it. I really loved the way Moreno ran the open field when
he was drafted. I don't think people really know how hard he was to tackle.
But he does need to get stronger between the tackles. For this reason, when
he announced last year that he had lost several pounds, I winced. I saw him
losing power and being more subject to injury. I believe I was right on both
counts.

I do hope you're right about Moreno, Clay. I would love to see him break out . . .

If DT can be healthy he will be the best of all of them. That of course is his issue. He hasnt contributed more than Moreno though. That was my point. As for Moreno, I think his first 2 years are as good as it gets for that dude.

Day1BroncoFan
04-29-2012, 02:54 PM
My biggest problem with Moreno is, considering his draft position he has not played well. Ayers was taken out of his position and played badly, now he is back at his positon he seems to be playing better. DT, like Moreno, just can't stay healthy.

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 03:23 PM
My biggest problem with Moreno is, considering his draft position he has not played well. Ayers was taken out of his position and played badly, now he is back at his positon he seems to be playing better. DT, like Moreno, just can't stay healthy.

What should a running back drafted at 12 do?

Day1BroncoFan
04-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Perform like a #12 pick would be nice.

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Perform like a #12 pick would be nice.

And what would that be for a running back?

Day1BroncoFan
04-29-2012, 03:34 PM
I think you know, so I won't waste my time.

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I think you know, so I won't waste my time.

This is the pretty standard line of conversation when I ask this question.

People think Moreno should play like the No. 12 pick, but then have no real guidelines or set idea of what that actually is.

I've been asking that question for two years and have never gotten a straight answer.

Krugan
04-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Injury issues overlooked, if you just saw 4.8 ypc, would that be a quality stat?

Seems pretty good to me.

Day1BroncoFan
04-29-2012, 03:46 PM

People think Moreno should play like the No. 12 pick, but then have no real guidelines or set idea of what that actually is.

I've been asking that question for two years and have never gotten a straight answer.

Are you happy with the way he's playing cosidering hi8s draft postition? What makes you think he's worth it is a better question.

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Are you happy with the way he's playing cosidering hi8s draft postition? What makes you think he's worth it is a better question.

He was a top 20 all-purpose yard producer in the league in his first two seasons and a top 20 touchdown producer, in an offense that wasn't very conducive to running backs.

Last year was a disappointment because of injury.

Day1BroncoFan
04-29-2012, 03:57 PM
His numbers have dropped every year since he was drafted. I would expect improvment.

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
His numbers have dropped every year since he was drafted. I would expect improvment.

Between 2009 and 2010 it went down nine yards and one touchdown. 1160 yards versus 1151, and nine touchdowns versus 8. That's 2200 all purpose yards and 17 touchdowns, and people act like he didn't do anything.

Like I said 2011 was a complete disappointment and I was hoping for similar numbers as 2009 and 2010.

But if I told you would get 1155 all purpose yards and 9 touchdowns out of player for an extended number of years, wouldn't you draft him in the first round. I would.

Now, if he can't get back to that 1155 and 9 or 10 ever again, then yes, he probably wasn't worthy of that pick. But its still only entering year 4 for him.

I think people project their disappointment in McDaniels onto Moreno, without being very objective about it.

G_Money
04-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Moreno can't stay healthy, can't move a pile, couldn't break a tackle until right around the time he ripped himself up again to end his season, has bad vision in traffic...

You draft a guy #12 to be your starting RB and Moreno can't hold up under the carries or responsibilies of that position. He's always had talent, but he hasn't been able to properly deploy it in the pros, certainly not over 16 games.

Can he be some version of Reggie Bush? Sure, we can hope for that. We were already trying to use him that way. Hillman was drafted in case he can't be.

As long as ONE of them can be a weapon, I don't really care which it is. But as unenthusiatic as I am about Hillman's drafting, I wouldn't put money on it being Moreno.

~G

Day1BroncoFan
04-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Between 2009 and 2010 it went down nine yards and one touchdown. 1160 yards versus 1151, and nine touchdowns versus 8. That's 2200 all purpose yards and 17 touchdowns, and people act like he didn't do anything.

Like I said 2011 was a complete disappointment and I was hoping for similar numbers as 2009 and 2010.

But if I told you would get 1155 all purpose yards and 9 touchdowns out of player for an extended number of years, wouldn't you draft him in the first round. I would.

Now, if he can't get back to that 1155 and 9 or 10 ever again, then yes, he probably wasn't worthy of that pick. But its still only entering year 4 for him.

I think people project their disappointment in McDaniels onto Moreno, without being very objective about it.

I never said Moreno hasn't done anything, just not enough. You're talking if's, I'm looking at what he is doing and has done, not what's possible. I hope he steps it up but I don't extpect it.

G_Money
04-29-2012, 04:36 PM

Or they look at the draft like this:

2009 RBs, yards from scrimmage

Ray Rice: 6612
Shady McCoy: 4241
Shonn Greene: 2691
Knowshon Moreno: 2591
Beanie Wells: 2506
Donald Brown: 1883

It hurts to get a guy who doesn't add up to his peers and draft him earlier. If Knowshon was a 3rd round back like Greene then you think, "hey, that's not bad production, even if he is injury prone."

But Shady's been as awesome as I expected, and Rice has been better than I ever thought he would be. Moreno hasn't lived up to his expectations. Were the expectations too high? Maybe, but a top-15 pick RB SHOULD be able to be your starter and carry the load. We'll see how Knowshon is after he gets back from the surgery, but the Broncos didn't trade up for Hillman because they have a ton of faith in relying on Moreno.

~G

Simple Jaded
04-29-2012, 06:44 PM

I've been asking that question for two years and have never gotten a straight answer.First of all l would expect him to be an elite starter, at minimum, and not a 1-A in a RBBC, not for the 12th overall pick in the draft. Gore, McFadden, Forte. But even if Moreno had played as well as a starter as Jonathan Stewart has as a backup that would be perfectly acceptable, not 12th overall value but not a pathetic waste of a premium draft pick. Stewart was the 12th or 13th pick the year before so it's a fair comparison. There is no DeAngelo Williams starting ahead of Moreno so l don't think that any of this would be too much to expect.......

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 07:06 PM
This is what I will never get.

"pathetic waste of a pick"

That's not even logical or sensible.

BigDaddyBronco
04-29-2012, 07:12 PM
MO fails the eye test. He loves Moreno and hates Tebow. I guess when you are 4' 6" you have a different perspective.

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 07:20 PM
MO fails the eye test. He loves Moreno and hates Tebow. I guess when you are 4' 6" you have a different perspective.

Tebow passed the eye test?

weazel
04-29-2012, 07:48 PM
I understand that if you disagree with me that I must be an idiot, all hail to the great ilands. get over yourself you ******* tool

the guy is too small, dances around behind the LOS, can't block at all, won't be able to run through an NFL line and oh... has trouble holding on to the ball.
I guess those are great attributes to have if you want to be an NFL running back.

Nothing I said here is personal opinion or made up, its in every one of his scouting reviews. But I guess I will ignore those and just listen to the experts on here.

NightTerror218
04-29-2012, 07:50 PM

He should be a top 10 RB. But he is not close.

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 07:53 PM
I understand that if you disagree with me that I must be an idiot, all hail to the great ilands. get over yourself you ******* tool

the guy is too small, dances around behind the LOS, can't block at all, won't be able to run through an NFL line and oh... has trouble holding on to the ball.
I guess those are great attributes to have if you want to be an NFL running back.

Nothing I said here is personal opinion or made up, its in every one of his scouting reviews. But I guess I will ignore those and just listen to the experts on here.

I mean, why the hell did the Broncos even bother showing up to the draft? Am I right, or am I right?

weazel
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
how the **** did you get that out of what I said mo? Because I said this player had a bad scouting report I said the broncos shouldnt have shown up?
Ya Im the one that argues to extremes.

dogfish
04-29-2012, 09:43 PM

MO, don't back-talk daddy-- that big, ugly sasquatch could casually ruin your life at the next tailgate. . . just somethin' to keep in mind. . .

and weazel, you sound like you need more molson, bud. . .

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 09:49 PM
MO, don't back-talk daddy-- that big, ugly sasquatch could casually ruin your life at the next tailgate. . . just somethin' to keep in mind. . .

and weazel, you sound like you need more molson, bud. . .

If you're going to back talk Weazel, you clarify whether he should be drinking Molson or Bud!

dogfish
04-29-2012, 09:52 PM
If you're going to back talk Weazel, you clarify whether he should be drinking Molson or Bud!

MO, yer a frickin' journalist-- i rely on you ta figure this small shit out for yourself. . . "bud" in that context is clearly short for "buddy". . . and more to the point, we know weazy's canadian-- if he ain't drinkin' molson, it's probably labatt's or moosehead. . . not buttwiper. . .

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 09:53 PM
MO, yer a frickin' journalist-- i rely on you ta figure this small shit out for yourself. . . "bud" in that context is clearly short for "buddy". . . and more to the point, we know weazy's canadian-- if he ain't drinkin' molson, it's probably labatt's or moosehead. . . not buttwiper. . .

My job is to ask questions not try to decipher your poorly written back-talking posts.

dogfish
04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
My job is to ask questions not try to decipher your poorly written back-talking posts.

don't sass me either, midget! i will withhold my tasty bourbon, and leave you to pick your own beers when we're at the rock. . .

Ravage!!!
04-30-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm super excited about this kid. I think he's the draft choice that is going to surprise most people.

bcbronc
04-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Molson? Say it ain't so weasel.

dogfish
04-30-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm super excited about this kid. I think he's the draft choice that is going to surprise most people.

oh yea?

well what makes you think that, huh? you think you know more than all the front offices that passed on this guy, ravage!!!? really? just because you post on a message board? those guys are paid professionals, they watch tape all day. . . so i think i'll take their opinion over yours, and just wait and see what the kid can do on the field, without worrying about people's uninformed opinions here. . . . :coffee:

did i get that about right?

:laugh:

Dapper Dan
04-30-2012, 01:18 AM
oh yea?

well what makes you think that, huh? you think you know more than all the front offices that passed on this guy, ravage!!!? really? just because you post on a message board? those guys are paid professionals, they watch tape all day. . . so i think i'll take their opinion over yours, and just wait and see what the kid can do on the field, without worrying about people's uninformed opinions here. . . . :coffee:

did i get that about right?

:laugh:

If the kid ever sees the field. The way things go in Denver, they ship off all of the talent. Oh. And we reached for him. What else? Oh yea. Who cares what he did in college? He broke Marshall Faulks records? So what? That's college, not the NFL. The more success you have in college translates to a very bad NFL career. If McDumballs would have drafted a worthy runningback instead of KnoDick, then we wouldn't have had to waste a pick on some Marshall Faulk wannabe Deshawn Foster-lite. Terrell Davis would have made a better selection. Fire Elway. If Mike Shanahan wouldn't have been such an awful and demanding coach, Kubiak and Gibbs would have stayed and we could use any undrafted cell phone retail worker to rush for 1,000 yards. But no, Shanahan. Jay Cutler. Tebow. McDouchebag. Broke-ass Bowlen. Jake Plummer is god!

Add some of that and you'll be okay.

EastCoastBronco
04-30-2012, 06:49 AM
He looks good.
Definitely has a nose for daylight...and the speed to get to it.

BigDaddyBronco
04-30-2012, 02:47 PM

All I care about are wins. If they come from 20 yards passing and 200 yards running, I'm ok with that. Beating Pittsburgh in the playoff game is the most this team has accomplished since Plummer was QB and we beat the Patriots. So in my book, Plummer has been the best QB since Elway, and Tebow has been the second best.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't go get Manning and take a shot at a Super Bowl, but Tebow has meant more to this franchise than Moreno has and probably ever will.

NightTerror218
04-30-2012, 02:57 PM
I think Hillman is going to be a nice surprise. I think he is going to be great as for Manning with check downs and getting some good yardage there. I think he is going to be scary in open space. I am hoping he is going to do well between the tackles or following Franklin.

BroncoNut
04-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Mo is retarted

BigDaddyBronco
04-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Mo is retarted

He is getting a little big for his britches. In the old days the horsemen would make a ride.

BroncoNut
04-30-2012, 03:21 PM
He is getting a little big for his britches. In the old days the horsemen would make a ride.

still pining for the fagmen huh? lmao

BigDaddyBronco
04-30-2012, 03:23 PM
still pining for the fagmen huh? lmao

Yes, those days are long gone. I miss my brothers, even if one of them has a massive pineapple shoved up his ass.

BroncoNut
04-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Yes, those days are long gone. I miss my brothers, even if one of them has a massive pineapple shoved up his ass.

I miss Beef most of all. He was the best of them. Sad that he didn't think so.

BroncoNut
04-30-2012, 03:38 PM

this post made me think of spongebob squarepants for a second

topscribe
04-30-2012, 04:07 PM
I miss Beef most of all. He was the best of them. Sad that he didn't think so.
I haven't seen Beef lately. Isn't he posting here anymore?

BigDaddyBronco
04-30-2012, 04:24 PM

He is. Go bump your masturbation thread and he'll show up.

MOtorboat
04-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Mo is retarted

You two turd burglars done?

BroncoNut
04-30-2012, 06:19 PM

Rex must be keeping him away from us losers

Nomad
04-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Aren't you a Rex BFFs?

claymore
04-30-2012, 07:54 PM

Rex is a aficionado of homosexuals.

BroncoNut
04-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Rex is a aficionado of homosexuals.

no, Rex and I are NOT BFF. far from it. what is an aficionado?

BroncoNut
04-30-2012, 09:14 PM

sorry Mo. I just like to tease you. I like the way you explode.

Broncfan1970
04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Never heard of this guy, but I guess, welcome to the BRONCOS I never heard of Terrell Davis before we got him, but I Agree welcome to the BRONCOS!!

Nomad
04-30-2012, 10:08 PM
I never heard of Terrell Davis before we got him, but I Agree welcome to the BRONCOS!!

I guess I should welcome all the new players to the BRONCOS though I'm not too optimistic about Osweiler but he's a BRONCOS so I hope he works out. We'll see in time how the players will pan out. Hopefully they all do as good as Terrell Davis did.

Nomad
04-30-2012, 10:10 PM
no, Rex and I are NOT BFF. far from it. what is an aficionado?

That's right Rex gives you alot of shit and you're a nice guy, nut. Why is that?

Dzone
04-30-2012, 10:51 PM
What happened to the Hillman post? it went ghey in a hurry LOL

Dapper Dan
04-30-2012, 10:59 PM
What happened to the Hillman post? it went ghey in a hurry LOL

Who????

Simple Jaded
04-30-2012, 11:11 PM

sorry Mo. I just like to tease you. I like the way you explode.
Ewwwwwww.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.......

Dapper Dan
04-30-2012, 11:31 PM
So I see this happening.

Curious Broncos fan finds this forum. Clicks here and they're learning others' opinions of the new draft picks. "Oh, let's check out the Ronnie Hillman thread." ....

BroncoNut
05-02-2012, 06:49 AM
That's right Rex gives you alot of shit and you're a nice guy, nut. Why is that?

He targeted me with the dogbanging thread back at the freak and since then, he's rode that theme hard, coupled with my marital status (single), my education possibly, my general PERCEIVED mental retardation, my easy going nature and hated me for it all. I think this stems from issues of his own personally.

Jsteve01
05-02-2012, 08:47 AM
There are a couple official Rex whipping boys. HD and nut being at the top of the list. But if you've been around these boards (forums, freak, outsiders) you'll enjoy the sharp end of his wit.

Chef Zambini
05-02-2012, 08:49 AM
highlights:

http://youtu.be/kyNWPk7Oq90thanks for the vid !!
shows good vision, balance, instincts and SPEED. he was used at the goal line, he carries the ball in either handbut wraps with both when going up the middle.
only ONE catch in his highlight reel, and he let the ball hit his chest then wrapped up with his arms.
no indication he can BLOCK on passing downs either.
I hope he can stay on the field in a manning offense.

BroncoNut
05-02-2012, 09:11 AM
There are a couple official Rex whipping boys. HD and nut being at the top of the list. But if you've been around these boards (forums, freak, outsiders) you'll enjoy the sharp end of his wit.

Rex's wit? He WAS funnier than shit.