04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Luv it!!!

iLands
04-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't love it, but it was expected.

Npba900
04-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Luv it!!!

Alright! I was hoping Elway would pull the trigger. Now Brock can intern under Manning for 3-4 years and will be ready to play when Manning retires.

claymore
04-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I like it better than the Tebow pick. But gosh dang I think its a waste of a pick.

SoCalImport
04-27-2012, 07:57 PM
yeah...not a fan of this draft so far. Thank god I know nothing I guess

Buff
04-27-2012, 07:57 PM
If we got him in the 3rd I'd like it more... Seems like we have bigger needs. But we needed an insurance policy for Peyton's neck, and I like Osweiler. So it could be worse. Would love to trade back up and get Lamar Miller.

bcbronc
04-27-2012, 07:59 PM
ya, don't love it but we'll see how he develops. He's in an ideal situation. Would have preferred to get Manning's apprentice later or even next year, but if Elway sees what he wants in a franchise QB in this kid, can't knock the pick too much.

G_Money
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
SOB...

In 2016 I'll probably be grateful for this pick. In 2012, it pretty much sucks for helping us do anything in the Peyton Manning era. Ugh.

~G

G_Money
04-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Elway knows that Osweiler has to be the guy for the future. They've been fixated on him. I hope John is right, and he's secured the future this offseason as well as the present. If we can go Manning-to-Osweiler the way that the Packers went Favre-to-Rodgers, then okay.

But it has to happen that way, or we wasted the major weapon we could have added at that pick that could help us win in this era. Be right, John.

~G

iLands
You have to realize that we aren't expecting to pick above 25 again. This was the marlin we wanted to land and we won't need to rush his development.

I wholly understand the pick and I think it was generally expected.

Northman
You all know i love it.

Dapper Dan
Not a big fan. But he played pretty well against a good Monte Kiffin defense, being Southern Cal, where Luck didn't play so well.

chazoe60
04-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I like it better than the Tebow pick. But gosh dang I think its a waste of a pick.

You won't be saying that in four years when PM retires and we plug Brock in and don't completely fall off tue face of the Earth the way we did when Elway retired.

Elway just put a damn nice investment away for all of our future fandom. Good job EFX

elsid13
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Bad pick. Only reason that he is on the radar is because Elway spent to much time down in ASU because of his boy.

Northman
04-27-2012, 08:06 PM
You won't be saying that in four years when PM retires and we plug Brock in and don't completely fall off tue face of the Earth the way we did when Elway retired.

Elway just put a damn nice investment away for all of our future fandom. Good job EFX

Yea, unlike the McD era i dont have any fear of the organization falling apart.

claymore
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM

If that happens I will be stoked.

G_Money
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
The pick being expected and it being welcome are two different things.

I accept it and our plan for the future, but Osweiler better be my 2016 stud. And we need to find some more weapons with these later picks. Our first pick was necessary because we refused to do anything in FA or the draft to address it last year. Our 2nd round pick was necessary because it was our last fix (hopefully) for the mismanagement of the McDaniels era at several positions.

But you can't keep re-doing these things year after year. Gotta address needs and be able to cross them off. Future QB is now crossed off - get back to helping this squad, we still need loads of talent.

~G

xzn
04-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Even in the near-term he could be insurance on Manning's neck.

chazoe60
04-27-2012, 08:13 PM
If that happens I will be stoked.

I just can't help but think that this is going to be the start of another 16 years of great football for the Denver Broncos. For the first time since we traded Jay and only the third time since Elway retired, I feel completely content with our QB situation.

MOtorboat
04-27-2012, 08:17 PM
I just can't help but think that this is going to be the start of another 16 years of great football for the Denver Broncos. For the first time since we traded Jay and only the third time since Elway retired, I feel completely content with our QB situation.

First time since they benched Plummer, but yes...

Northman
04-27-2012, 08:17 PM

I havent been this confident in this franchise in Years.

iLands
04-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I can't wait for this next pick!

BroncoStud
04-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Because of Osweiler?? What did you SEE on the field to make you think this? I saw a guy with talent but indecisiveness and inconsistency.

SR
04-27-2012, 08:33 PM

Ya never know. Maybe we'll get 3-4 years out of Peyton then Brock can fill in like Aaron Rodgers.

Nomad
04-27-2012, 08:35 PM

Agreed!

Chef Zambini
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Elway just put a damn nice investment away for all of our future fandom. Good job EFXI hope this is true, for the next 3 years we have far greater needs.
depending on where he ends up kellen moore a guy we could get in the fourth, will have a better career than brock O.
but, WTF, I guess i gotta give JE the benefit of the doubt.
I think this pick was governed by fixation, however, and not the practical needs of opur team for this season and the next two to boot.

Chef Zambini
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
The pick being expected and it being welcome are two different things.

I accept it and our plan for the future, but Osweiler better be my 2016 stud. And we need to find some more weapons with these later picks. Our first pick was necessary because we refused to do anything in FA or the draft to address it last year. Our 2nd round pick was necessary because it was our last fix (hopefully) for the mismanagement of the McDaniels era at several positions.

But you can't keep re-doing these things year after year. Gotta address needs and be able to cross them off. Future QB is now crossed off - get back to helping this squad, we still need loads of talent.

~Gstill have greater needs at safety, ILB and RB !

chazoe60
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM
I hope this is true, for the next 3 years we have far greater needs.
depending on where he ends up kellen moore a guy we could get in the fourth, will have a better career than brock O.
but, WTF, I guess i gotta give JE the benefit of the doubt.
I think this pick was governed by fixation, however, and not the practical needs of opur team for this season and the next two to boot.

You gotta think long term. Did the Pack need a QB when they drafted Rodgers? I, for one, love that EFX is thinking about the long term health of this franchise along with the short term. Honestly, EFX is looking like the best FO in football right now.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Agreed chaz

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 09:00 PM
I found this on the YouTubes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpKGM9FCyxg

Nomad
04-27-2012, 09:01 PM
You gotta think long term. Did the Pack need a QB when they drafted Rodgers? I, for one, love that EFX is thinking about the long term health of this franchise along with the short term. Honestly, EFX is looking like the best FO in football right now.

And Seattle Seahawks drafted a kid named Dan McGwire to be the future after Dave Kreig......we know how that turned out.

Northman
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
And Seattle Seahawks drafted a kid named Dan McGwire to be the future after Dave Kreig......we know how that turned out.

And Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl. We know how that one turned out.

Nomad
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
And Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl. We know how that one turned out.

Brock is no where near Rodgers!

BroncoNut
04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Yes, it happens Nomad. It's an imperfect world.

Northman
04-27-2012, 09:06 PM

We dont know that yet. But thanks for playing.

Nomad
04-27-2012, 09:10 PM

WooHoo.......BRONCOS got Dan McQwire II:lol: But I will pretend he'll turn out like Rodgers.:lol:

Northman
04-27-2012, 09:11 PM
But I will pretend he'll turn out like Rodgers.:lol:

There you go, thats the spirit.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM

WooHoo.......BRONCOS got Dan McQwire II:lol: But I will pretend he'll turn out like Rodgers.:lol: well you're better at evaluating qb talent than the goat so you have that going for you

BigDaddyBronco
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Broncos trade away one QB with bad mechanics and questionable reads to draft another one with bad mechanics and questionable reads? If they are both projects, why trade the guy that you won with for a guy who has proved nothing?

I would have rather picked up Moore in the 6th and hoped the short, small guy with everything else could turn into Brees, but what do I know.

Northman
04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Broncos trade away one QB with bad mechanics and questionable reads to draft another one with bad mechanics and questionable reads? If they are both projects, why trade the guy that you won with for a guy who has proved nothing?

I would have rather picked up Moore in the 6th and hoped the short, small guy with everything else could turn into Brees, but what do I know.

1) That guy was a run first QB.

2) Brock doesnt have the lunacy that comes with it.

3) The other guy WANTED to be traded.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Halfway through watching the Gruden's QB Camp video. I was iffy of him before, but you can't help but love the guy's attitude. I really wish I would have went to more games when I lived in Phoenix. I actually worked at the Missouri game. I was suppose to work the USC game and just forgot all about it.

Dzone
04-27-2012, 09:18 PM
They say his party escapades are legendary and that he Puts Matt Leinhart to shame when it comes to beer bongs. Those who cant stand Tebow are going to love this guy.

Nomad
04-27-2012, 09:19 PM

So BDB, you know more than Elway huh!:lol:

Shhhh.......I believe we're starting to hurt some feelings around here. Brock =Rodgers

BigDaddyBronco
04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
1) That guy was a run first QB.

2) Brock doesnt have the lunacy that comes with it.

3) The other guy WANTED to be traded.

Um hmm, Elway should give a guy away so he doesn't have to deal with a circus. I wouldn't want his job to be hard or anything. Bottom line is we traded a guy for a 4th and 6th and drafted a guy in the 2nd who might not be as good a pro as the guy we gave away. Time will tell. The wanted to be traded stuff is not proven fact.

RebelRocker
04-27-2012, 09:21 PM

Well said, Chazoe. It's better to be prepared for the future than be caught with your heads up your asses like Minnesota was a few years ago after Favre got hurt and they then went on to REACH for an average QB in Ponder. May not be a well liked move right now, but I think we'll look back on this pick and realize that it was all for the best.

claymore
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
I wanna hear what ELway likes about Osweiler. Cause my untrained eyes cant see it.

Northman
04-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Um hmm, Elway should give a guy away so he doesn't have to deal with a circus. I wouldn't want his job to be hard or anything. Bottom line is we traded a guy for a 4th and 6th and drafted a guy in the 2nd who might not be as good a pro as the guy we gave away. Time will tell. The wanted to be traded stuff is not proven fact.

Actually, Tebow admitted he wanted to be traded to the Jets mate.

claymore
04-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Actually, Tebow admitted he wanted to be traded to the Jets mate.

If true,,, THat DOES make Tebow a whiny brat,.

Nomad
04-27-2012, 09:32 PM
If true,,, THat DOES make Tebow a whiny brat,.

If he wanted off the Denver BRONCOS....it makes him a whiny bitch.:D. Seems to be an MO for QBs around here after Elway.

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Can we stop with the Moore/Brees comparisons?

When Moore has the hand size, arm length, shoulder width, release point and toughness that Brees has...i will entertain the comparison

Simple Jaded
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
For a while there Lancane had me worried they'd take Osweiler at 25, I'm so relieved they waited.......

TimHippo
04-27-2012, 09:59 PM

It was a dumb pick unless Manning's still hurt and Elway knows he's probably done. If that's the case it was quite brilliant to snag Osweiler because it was unexpected.

If Manning's healthy, I don't see how it helps Manning at all in terms of giving him weapons to win a super bowl now.

Lancane
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
For a while there Lancane had me worried they'd take Osweiler at 25, I'm so relieved they waited.......

For awhile there I thought it was an option, but I love the Derek Wolfe addition and of course I'm glad we got Osweiler and Hillman.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2012, 10:09 PM
For awhile there I thought it was an option, but I love the Derek Wolfe addition and of course I'm glad we got Osweiler and Hillman.
I've come around on Osweiler and I think those that were upset about signing Manning should be stoked as well. Their biggest concern was trying to "buy" a championship instead of building through the draft, well, they're obviously still building through the draft.

I like Wolfe and Hillman, I just don't like their draft position.......

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2012, 10:14 PM
I hate to say it, but I think Osweiler was our best draft pick today. I think he is the only one who projects as a future starter. Wolfe is a high-motor guy but probably will never be a consistent starter. Hillman won't be a starter, ever.

Osweiler was drafted exactly where he should've been. He's got a lot of potential and he's coming into a great situation to mold and tap that potential. I'm actually kind of excited about him.

Nick
04-27-2012, 10:15 PM
I love this selection Brock can be a great QB as long as he is on bench for a couple years and I am fine with him learning behind manning. Draft is about the future.

He has the prototype, mobile and footwork, has the quick release, and can see him learning alot of the next years on Manning mobility. Whom might be considered as one of the best pocket presence QB's in history.

Osweiler can be a starting quarterback in the NFL, but not if he went to a team where would end up starting in the next couple years.

He needs major work but mainly to experience not even worried about spread offense... He needs to start from the drawing board. Hes got a great arm but sometimes it looked like he was trying to kill someone and guy was with in 10 yards. lol

He is so flipping gifted in size and necessary attributes to be a great QB but VERY Raw. He needs to practice practice and practice some more and when he thinks he's done... Practice more. Get to know his arm strength and accuracy.

Dude is like 6'6 or 6'7 with unlimited potential "high ceiling" lol

Broncos did well by getting him there. I am more then confident he can really be something special, specially behind learning from Manning.

TimHippo
04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
I did like his John Gruden QB camp interview camp. He came across really well compared to the other QBs. He has a chance to be good if he develops. A project for sure. At least they didn't trade up for that bust QB Tannehill.

Nick
04-27-2012, 10:25 PM

Tebow was a cancer but if able to stay on the bench for 3 years with right people sure. Tebow was a 3 to 5th round project Brock is a 2-3 round project.

But Tebow had a lot more time learning the negatives then Brock. Brock is flat out just Raw where Tebow was just taught totaly different his entire life.

The fans made Tebow not work out here, Not Tebows fault.

Nick
04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
I did like his John Gruden QB camp interview camp. He came across really well compared to the other QBs. He has a chance to be good if he develops. A project for sure. At least they didn't trade up for that bust QB Tannehill.

Tannehill needs to also sit on bench for 2 years and could be good. I like the guy if it was a 2nd rounder. Sucks he has to go to Miami, He needs to go to a team that has a vet QB.

battherastard
04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I hope he doesn't wear number 17 because he would be almost identical to Phil Rivers with the height and release.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Tannehill needs to also sit on bench for 2 years and could be good. I like the guy if it was a 2nd rounder. Sucks he has to go to Miami, He needs to go to a team that has a vet QB.

I think it helps that he has a familiar OC.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
I hope he doesn't wear number 17 because he would be almost identical to Phil Rivers with the height and release.

He wore it in high school too..

Simple Jaded
04-27-2012, 10:42 PM

Fwiw, the Broncos site lists Andre Caldwell as wearing #17, which I think he wore in Cincy.......

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Fwiw, the Broncos site lists Andre Caldwell as wearing #17, which I think he wore in Cincy.......

For now..

BeefStew25
04-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Really tall people are cool.

xzn
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
“When we went to visit, I thought he had an outstanding interview, outstanding workout and he’s a guy that we think has a bright future. … I don’t think you can ever have too many quarterbacks. I don’t think its going to be one of those things where Peyton Manning feels threatened by any stretch, but he’s a good young guy, he’s got mobility for a guy that big. Quick twitch, a tall body helps you see some of those lanes you get in this league. All in all, it was what you were looking for in a prototypical quarterback in the national football league. … The thing that was most impressive to us was his accuracy and his mobility for a big guy and just his production, being a young guy coming out. I’m sure he’ll learn a lot from Peyton Manning.” -- John Fox

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 11:19 PM
He doesn't have a lot of college experience but after thinking about it, he'd learn more from watching Peyton than playing at ASU, in my opinion.

Dzone
04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Since everyone knows Demaryous Thomas likes to go out hitting the bars, he now has a new wing man in Osweieller for late night carousing in the high end nudy bars...:pound:
But seriously, all I remember about this kid was reading that he made loads of mental mistakes playing at ASU and he is very raw.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2012, 11:26 PM
For now..

Osweiler has a sand to get that jersey from a veteran?.......

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Osweiler has a sand to get that jersey from a veteran?.......

Osweiler will be in Denver longer.

Also, from what I've looked up, Caldwell wore 5 in college and 87 in Cincinnati.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
He could always take off the 1 and be number 7, I'm sure.

Mike
04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
“Jack (Elway) is one of my best friends,” said Osweiler about John Elway’s son. “We lived one floor away from each other back in the dorms at Arizona State. Jack and myself have become great friends over the past three years, like I said I feel this is a perfect fit, and I can’t wait to get to Denver.”

:lol:

Dapper Dan
04-27-2012, 11:34 PM
“Jack (Elway) is one of my best friends,” said Osweiler about John Elway’s son. “We lived one floor away from each other back in the dorms at Arizona State. Jack and myself have become great friends over the past three years, like I said I feel this is a perfect fit, and I can’t wait to get to Denver.”

I followed Jack on Twitter once. He has a picture of him flipping off the camera and makes dead baby jokes. I'm still hoping its some kind of parody account.

Dzone
04-27-2012, 11:48 PM

Thats good to know. You have to figure that Elway knows this kid pretty well and if he was an idiot, Elway would know.. Maybe Osweillers reputation as a big time partier like Matt Lienart isnt true. Lets hope not

jhildebrand
04-27-2012, 11:52 PM

I would have rather seen the pick used on OL, LB, CB, S and in that order. Sorry. It is a project pick. We just got rid of a project. Now we get to hear the same people who insisted that PM's job isn't to mentor TT but somehow now with Brock he will. :noidea: It just seems like a massive waste of a pick. Also, I really think his decision making is questionable at best.

TimHippo
04-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I would have rather seen the pick used on OL, LB, CB, S and in that order. Sorry. It is a project pick. We just got rid of a project. Now we get to hear the same people who insisted that PM's job isn't to mentor TT but somehow now with Brock he will. :noidea: It just seems like a massive waste of a pick. Also, I really think his decision making is questionable at best.

"That's why Elway, a Hall of Famer who rejoined the team a year ago as chief of football operations, has pledged to personally work with Osweiler this offseason to polish his passing game and help him become a better quarterback

Elway said he wants to "help Brock in every way I can, to be able to improve through what I learned."

And that was this: Mobility is great, but to compete for a championship, you have to become a pocket passer. That's what Elway learned late in his career, which he capped with back-to-back Super Bowl titles after losing the big game three times.

"Hopefully, I can teach him what I learned over my 16-year career," Elway said, "to be able to tell him what I learned in Year 10, hopefully get that to him in year 3 or 4."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7468087/denver-broncos-john-elway-says-tim-tebow-starting-qb-going-camp

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 12:04 AM

Huge difference between a project and a player who can't play.

TimHippo
04-28-2012, 12:05 AM
He actually does look like John with this angle.

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/shelbie-elway-photos-13.jpg

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 12:05 AM
What's his 40 time? That's the only thing that matters.

Cugel
04-28-2012, 12:06 AM
If I had John Elway's number I'd text him a message: "Congratulations on drafting Tommy Maddox! I'm sure he will be a huge impact player for the team!" :rolleyes:

TimHippo
04-28-2012, 12:08 AM
What's his 40 time? That's the only thing that matters.

Just glad we didn't draft that slow poke, Doug Martin!

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Just glad we didn't draft that slow poke, Doug Martin!

I'm pretty worried about Osweiler's 40 time. Its a huge factor.

TimHippo
04-28-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty worried about Osweiler's 40 time. Its a huge factor.

He's pretty fast at the night clubs. Blazing speed with the pick ups and great with the 2 cone drill.

Lancane
04-28-2012, 12:14 AM
People need to get over it and realize that part of the job requirement is to figure the long-term plan for the team, not just the immediate.

For those who don't like it... "Suck my Brock!"

jhildebrand
04-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Huge difference between a project and a player who can't play.

Well...you will eat these words in the event BO flunks out and TT is still hanging on.

As for the post. He is still a project. One who makes some pretty questionable decisions. Maybe if we are lucky, we have a taller Jay Cutler INT machine. Great! I just don't see the value in this pick. This team socked $96 million into the QB position to go with "plan A."

Go out and take players who can have an immediate impact in seeing to it that Plan A is at least the AFCCG. Go get Martin or Cordy Glenn at that spot or whatever OL prospet was available and shore up our o line. It is a joke! You don't think so but I haven't forgot. Manning isn't going to win us 10 games by himself! Oh and Decker and DT as a starting combo is less than ideal as well.

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Well...you will eat these words in the event BO flunks out and TT is still hanging on.

As for the post. He is still a project. One who makes some pretty questionable decisions. Maybe if we are lucky, we have a taller Jay Cutler INT machine. Great! I just don't see the value in this pick. This team socked $96 million into the QB position to go with "plan A."

Go out and take players who can have an immediate impact in seeing to it that Plan A is at least the AFCCG. Go get Martin or Cordy Glenn at that spot or whatever OL prospet was available and shore up our o line. It is a joke! You don't think so but I haven't forgot. Manning isn't going to win us 10 games by himself! Oh and Decker and DT as a starting combo is less than ideal as well.

I guess it shouldn't be shocking to watch Tebow apologists continue to denigrate players on this roster, but it really is...

shank
04-28-2012, 12:20 AM
He's pretty fast at the night clubs. Blazing speed with the pick ups and great with the 2 cone drill.

nice one, pauly.

Tned
04-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Gruden QB Camp session with Osweiler

TimHippo
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM

Very perplexing. The pick doesn't help Peyton at all. But maybe "this one's for Jack!"

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/shelbie-elway-photos-13.jpg

TimHippo
04-28-2012, 12:29 AM

Yeah that one was a good episode along with the Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck ones. Some of the other ones were hard to watch.

jhildebrand
04-28-2012, 12:34 AM
I guess it shouldn't be shocking to watch Tebow apologists continue to denigrate players on this roster, but it really is...

Quit with the bull crap tactics, MO! What was more shocking was me calling McD a joke at 6-0 and people telling me just how dumb I was. Then saying they could miss the PO's to hear it even more. The same can be said for me saying TT would make this team look a lot better. We made the POs. We won a home PO game against the league's #1 D. All something the Cutler lovers around here can't stand because their boy with all the right tools and laser rocket arm was a friggin head case!

What I am mocking is the mere fact that in the media, on the forums, and elsewhere, the very people who insisted that PM shouldn't mentor nor is it his job to. Are now the ones talking about those very things because it is Osweiler.

FInally, I am not a TT apologist. I am a BRONCO fan. HE WAS A BRONCO. I saw a guy who, as limited as he was, would do more for this team than KO ever did or could!

So you can keep carrying yourself on around here like you are god's gift to football but the last time I checked you aren't any different than any other poster here. You just think you are.

If this team goes 8-8 or 9-7 with Manning, I swear I am negging you with everyone of your cocky posts. Just know that.

jhildebrand
04-28-2012, 12:39 AM

Right off the bat he is on the TT line of: "They tell me I couldn't..." stuff. He just doesn't have the Heisman, National Championship, nor stats to back it up! MO should love that.

Also, he seems really well coached, maybe by his agent, in what to say.

13:00 mark is rather interesting. Read Option.

16:40 mark. Gruden gets a dig on Osweiler re potential. Took a shot at the kid. Interesting interviewer.

Dzone
04-28-2012, 01:13 AM
At first, I thought the Osweiler pick sucked. I had read too much shaky stuff about him. Then I actually watched him throwing and saw a whole lot to get excited about. He doesnt play like a guy who is 6-7 and his throwing motion is sweet. No wasted motion and that ball is out of there in a hurry. Almost a Marino quality to his fast release. I liked how he says being tall gives him an advantage in seeing downfield. His interview was good. I am feeling a whole lot better now about Osweiller. He is strong and he can throw.
Starting to warm to the Wolfe pick as well. It takes a while for the initial shock to wear off then you can stazrt to realize maybe things arent so bad after all...lol...

topscribe
04-28-2012, 02:13 AM
I found this on the YouTubes

I didn't have time to sit through all that . . . but I did, anyway. Thanks. 1399

That is one smart kid . . .

bcbronc
04-28-2012, 02:31 AM
This pick really pisses me off. Not Brock specifically, but the disrespect shown by EFX to Caleb Hanie. I'm outrage!

Lancane
04-28-2012, 04:17 AM
This pick really pisses me off. Not Brock specifically, but the disrespect shown by EFX to Caleb Hanie. I'm outrage!

I truly hope this is sarcastic BC, Caleb Hanie was never considered more then a mere backup.

horsepig
04-28-2012, 05:31 AM
This kid better have a non-stop motor, or something like that that Elway sees in him. I watched several of his college games, and I have to admit that my first thought was-"Man, I hope we can sneak this guy on to the roster."

By sneak, I was thinking a few picks down the line from where we took him.

horsepig
04-28-2012, 05:33 AM

Caleb will get some respect when he ******* earns it.

Northman
04-28-2012, 07:27 AM
At first, I thought the Osweiler pick sucked. I had read too much shaky stuff about him. Then I actually watched him throwing and saw a whole lot to get excited about. He doesnt play like a guy who is 6-7 and his throwing motion is sweet. No wasted motion and that ball is out of there in a hurry. Almost a Marino quality to his fast release. I liked how he says being tall gives him an advantage in seeing downfield. His interview was good. I am feeling a whole lot better now about Osweiller. He is strong and he can throw.
Starting to warm to the Wolfe pick as well. It takes a while for the initial shock to wear off then you can stazrt to realize maybe things arent so bad after all...lol...

Indeed. I saw a lot of the games that Osweiler played in last year and thats why i liked him before the college season was over. His size and ability reminds me a lot of Big Ben but that doesnt mean he will be as great. Hopefully he will and hopefully im right about him but i think people comment without even seeing him play. When i look at the first 3 picks we have we have addressed EVERY need so far. It may not be the players that everyone wants but they have addressed them. And i can see the potential with every single one of them.

Northman
04-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Im pretty sure BcB was joking.

Jsteve01
04-28-2012, 07:46 AM
This kid better have a non-stop motor, or something like that that Elway sees in him. I watched several of his college games, and I have to admit that my first thought was-"Man, I hope we can sneak this guy on to the roster."

By sneak, I was thinking a few picks down the line from where we took him.he wouldn't have been there. Look you get back iñto the top of the third and the teams picking there may be looking qb

Npba900
04-28-2012, 07:57 AM

Not yet at least. But who knows in 2-4 years.

Npba900
04-28-2012, 08:12 AM

By sneak, I was thinking a few picks down the line from where we took him.

The only issue here is a few picks down the line and another team would have drafted Owseiller.

broncobryce
04-28-2012, 08:14 AM
He can throw a football

Npba900
04-28-2012, 08:42 AM
He can throw a football

Exactly! No remedial foot ball camps with QB Guru's needed to teach Brock the H.S. basics of throwing the football. I know Elway is relieved.

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Quit with the bull crap tactics, MO! What was more shocking was me calling McD a joke at 6-0 and people telling me just how dumb I was. Then saying they could miss the PO's to hear it even more. The same can be said for me saying TT would make this team look a lot better. We made the POs. We won a home PO game against the league's #1 D. All something the Cutler lovers around here can't stand because their boy with all the right tools and laser rocket arm was a friggin head case!

What I am mocking is the mere fact that in the media, on the forums, and elsewhere, the very people who insisted that PM shouldn't mentor nor is it his job to. Are now the ones talking about those very things because it is Osweiler.

FInally, I am not a TT apologist. I am a BRONCO fan. HE WAS A BRONCO. I saw a guy who, as limited as he was, would do more for this team than KO ever did or could!

So you can keep carrying yourself on around here like you are god's gift to football but the last time I checked you aren't any different than any other poster here. You just think you are.

If this team goes 8-8 or 9-7 with Manning, I swear I am negging you with everyone of your cocky posts. Just know that.

I'm "carrying myself on around here like I am god's gift to football" yet you're the one second guessing the draft before the players even go to OTAs...and continually denigrating every player on the team last year except Tebow...

OK, whatever you say...

Cugel
04-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Starting to warm to the Wolfe pick as well. It takes a while for the initial shock to wear off then you can start to realize maybe things arent so bad after all...lol...

Rather, it takes a few minutes for the cool-aid to kick in and the obvious fan reaction of trying desperately to believe that everything management does is bound to be all right. :rolleyes:

The fundamental facts haven't changed. The Broncos have an elite QB with a 3 or 4 year window to win the SB.

It doesn't matter a DAMN what happens after that because after that they are going to suck, just like every other team that loses an elite Hall of Fame QB. What the Colts are doing in going from Manning to Andrew Luck is almost totally unique.

Just ask the Redskins or Lions or Bucs fans how long they've been waiting for an elite QB, or ask the Dolphins fans how long it's been since Dan Marino gave them their last chance at a SB!

The chances are no matter what Elway thinks of Osweiler he's going to be Tommy Maddox or Brian Griese and not the next Manning or Elway. You just don't find many elite QBs in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The odds are flat against it. And it doesn't even matter! They need to win NOW and nothing else matters.

When Manning retires, then they can lose 12 games and get a top 2 pick and take the next elite QB. Until then they should be totally focused on winning the SB with Manning.

Realistically there IS NO PLAN B! And they're trying to pretend there is. What's going to happen instead is that they did virtually nothing to give an immediate help to Manning in this draft.

And then when Osweilier proves that he's a mediocre QB 3 years from now, they'll go 8-8 instead of 4-12 and flounder for years just like Kansas City seems to do all the time, despite having probably the best roster top to bottom in the AFC West. They're not bad enough to get an elite QB and not good enough to win it all without one.

Dzone
04-28-2012, 09:10 AM
This kid is the steal of the draft! He will be starting by game 4!

SmilinAssasSin27
04-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Rather, it takes a few minutes for the cool-aid to kick in and the obvious fan reaction of trying desperately to believe that everything management does is bound to be all right. :rolleyes:

The fundamental facts haven't changed. The Broncos have an elite QB with a 3 or 4 year window to win the SB.

It doesn't matter a DAMN what happens after that because after that they are going to suck, just like every other team that loses an elite Hall of Fame QB. What the Colts are doing in going from Manning to Andrew Luck is almost totally unique.

Just ask the Redskins or Lions or Bucs fans how long they've been waiting for an elite QB, or ask the Dolphins fans how long it's been since Dan Marino gave them their last chance at a SB!

The chances are no matter what Elway thinks of Osweiler he's going to be Tommy Maddox or Brian Griese and not the next Manning or Elway. You just don't find many elite QBs in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The odds are flat against it. And it doesn't even matter! They need to win NOW and nothing else matters.

When Manning retires, then they can lose 12 games and get a top 2 pick and take the next elite QB. Until then they should be totally focused on winning the SB with Manning.

Realistically there IS NO PLAN B! And they're trying to pretend there is.

yer bile is getting old. We needed a DT. Specifically, a DT who could apply a pass rush up the middle and not allow QBs to step up away from Doom and Elvis. This is not a Kool-aid opinion, as this has been the consensus on this board since January when the season ended. Now yer upset because that's exactly what we draft? Really? Still, Ta'amu (who has yet to be drafted, so he must be REAL good), Worthy, Thompson al offer zero to minimal pass rush, although should be sound DTs. Why is this usch an isue?

Also...IF Manning goes down, are you OK w/ Weber or Hanie? Our division is down. We need a backup with some talent. I don't love the kid they chose, but a backup QB was necessary. Then again, Chicago was just fine w/ Cutler went down last year so Hanie will be fine.

Nomad
04-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Not yet at least. But who knows in 2-4 years.

He's a BRONCO now, so all we can do is root for the guy and hope he is successful. Some here are dreaming of him as following Rodgers path and others see him following McGwire's path......I'm the latter. I hope he fixes that throwing motion and his mechanics.:)

AZ Snake is probably thrilled though.

Slick
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
I am going to be on Brock like clay was with Tebow. I hate this pick.

Nomad
04-28-2012, 09:40 AM

I'm sure others here, who are in full support right now, will turn on the kid like a dog with rabies when he starts screwing up.

claymore
04-28-2012, 09:46 AM

ATLEAST!!!, the expectations, fanatacisim etc with Brock will be more realistic,. I dont like Brock that much either. I am probably wrong though cause it appears Elway loves him. I just cant understand why. Everything the kid does looks awkward to me. Nothing about him jumps out at me. I have a hard time believing he will ever replace Manning.

I think he is better than tebow, but we already had that in Webber/hanie,

Slick
04-28-2012, 09:50 AM
I will root for him to do well, but right now I don't like it. I'm sure I'll be over it by Monday. Not at all what I would have done but that's why I teach SCUBA diving and these guys are the pros.

claymore
04-28-2012, 09:51 AM
I will root for him to do well, but right now I don't like it. I'm sure I'll be over it by Monday. Not at all what I would have done but that's why I teach SCUBA diving and these guys are the pros.

I would have picked another DT and my plan b if Manning went down was Barkley next year. Im just a big diked hill billy though.

Northman
04-28-2012, 09:53 AM

I dont know why, Brock can actually throw.

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 09:54 AM
I would have picked another DT and my plan b if Manning went down was Barkley next year. Im just a big diked hill billy though.

You're a dike?

Northman
04-28-2012, 09:56 AM

Barkley will be a top 10 pick next year, Denver will be nowhere near that draft wise.

BroncoNut
04-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Barkley will be a top 10 pick next year, Denver will be nowhere near that draft wise.

If we hadn't pulled the trigger on Brock, we had a viable shot at Barkley

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:01 AM
If we hadn't pulled the trigger on Brock, we had a viable shot at Barkley

How do you figure? No way Denver is going to bad enough to have a top 10 pick.

topscribe
04-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Glad to meet you, Outrage! Just call me Top (or whatever else comes to mind).

You look a lot like a Canadian buddy of ours . . . 1401

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Oh and Nut, last year in a head to head matchup Brock completely owned Barkley. And considering the type of talent that USC gets compared to ASU i would say Brock will be just fine.

Brock:

25/32 223 yds 2 TD's

Barkley:

21/33 227 yds 1 TD, 2 Ints

Ravage!!!
04-28-2012, 10:06 AM

No way the other QB EVER EVER is able to run a traditional passing offense. Brock is a pocket passer through and through, and can actually learn something from Manning..... without having the ridiculous, absurd, political outlash and outcry that comes with the other. Moore would have been a TERRIBLE pick. Wayyy too small

Nomad
04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
ATLEAST!!!, the expectations, fanatacisim etc with Brock will be more realistic,. I dont like Brock that much either. I am probably wrong though cause it appears Elway loves him. I just cant understand why. Everything the kid does looks awkward to me. Nothing about him jumps out at me. I have a hard time believing he will ever replace Manning.

I think he is better than tebow, but we already had that in Webber/hanie,

This is what the BRONCOS are getting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_j2b_7lPM

Ravage!!!
04-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Right off the bat he is on the TT line of: "They tell me I couldn't..." stuff. He just doesn't have the Heisman, National Championship, nor stats to back it up! MO should love that.

Also, he seems really well coached, maybe by his agent, in what to say.

13:00 mark is rather interesting. Read Option.

16:40 mark. Gruden gets a dig on Osweiler re potential. Took a shot at the kid. Interesting interviewer.

Yeah.. Tebow is the ONLY guy to every say "they told me I couldn't"... and from now on, everyone is copying him. I think that Bullgator tried to tell us that every QB in the NCAA is trying to copy Tebow's play as well...hence why Cam Newton is what he is (or something like that).

Rick
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Not going to look through every post to see if this was posted.

Interview on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7864741&categoryid=2459789

I liked Tebow and feel maybe with a few years development he could have turned into a passer...but every time he spoke he kinda of irritated me and I wanted to mute the tv. At least this kid doesn't irritate me.

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:14 AM

And this is what he also has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqYAUD97lRQ

Nomad
04-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Not going to look through every post to see if this was posted.

Interview on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7864741&categoryid=2459789

I liked Tebow and feel maybe with a few years development he could have turned into a passer...but every time he spoke he kinda of irritated me and I wanted to mute the tv. At least this kid doesn't irritate me.

Most articulate QB in the draft = RGIII

Dzone
04-28-2012, 10:15 AM
I Elway likes him, then its a great pick. Elway can do no wrong. How could he, hes a hall of famer. Elway is a freakin genius. Im backing Elway on every move. Nothing Elway does is wrong. No other team executive can hold a candle to Elway. Elway rules!

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:17 AM
I Elway likes him, then its a great pick. Elway can do no wrong. How could he, hes a hall of famer. Elway is a freakin genius. Im backing Elway on every move. Nothing Elway does is wrong. No other team executive can hold a candle to Elway. Elway rules!

Its not about whether or not its a great pick. We just dont know yet until it plays out. But the whining without seeing what happens is hilarious.

Ravage!!!
04-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post

On Moore... I heard a GM talking on the NFL serius radio talking about Brees. Do you realize that Brees is over 6'..AND.. has the arm span of Cam Newton? He has EXTRAORDINARILY long arms for his body, and thus actually plays taller than his 6'1" hight would show.

Moore doesn't have that advantage. The GM talked about a particular route at the Senior Bowl that Moore missed.... not because he missed the throw, but because he literally could not SEE the receiver. Thats not something GMs/coaches want when so many QBs are coming out at 6'4, 6'5" and 240 lbs. Thats a HUGE difference on the football field.

Ravage!!!
04-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Its not about whether or not its a great pick. We just dont know yet until it plays out. But the whining without seeing what happens is hilarious.

I personally like it because of Manning. This is a passing QB, a tall passing QB, sitting behind Manning in the years that he needs to develop. He's not a blue chipper right now, but the reports on Ryan Mallet in NE is that he's having unbelievable success by sitting and learning from Brady. Just learning how they practice, how they prepare, how they take the practices so seriously....is going to be a HUGE benefit to these guys.

There is no guarantee that any other 2nd round pick would have been a starter, or been around. Taking a chance on a QB in the situation we are in right now with Manning, is big for this team. Why wait? If it doesn't work out... so what? I mean, why is it so important for some to want to go back and say "see see".... its just sad.

I'm excited about this season and this team, and the direction we are headed. This is good times for Broncos.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Here's Oz talking to ESPN about being drafted by us.

pjMJzAkN8Ug

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I personally like it because of Manning. This is a passing QB, a tall passing QB, sitting behind Manning in the years that he needs to develop. He's not a blue chipper right now, but the reports on Ryan Mallet in NE is that he's having unbelievable success by sitting and learning from Brady. Just learning how they practice, how they prepare, how they take the practices so seriously....is going to be a HUGE benefit to these guys.

There is no guarantee that any other 2nd round pick would have been a starter, or been around. Taking a chance on a QB in the situation we are in right now with Manning, is big for this team. Why wait? If it doesn't work out... so what? I mean, why is it so important for some to want to go back and say "see see".... its just sad.

I'm excited about this season and this team, and the direction we are headed. This is good times for Broncos.

I agree. Cant understand why people are pouting, makes zero sense. Tebow was fun to watch as an athlete but not that great of a QB and the FO saw it that way. In comes Manning, a future HOF who will immediately take us to the next level. Insert Osweiler, a big QB in the mold of Big Ben, good arm, and according to reports very cerebral which is what Manning is. How can you not like that as a Bronco fan? I dont get it.

Dzone
04-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I cant believe the disrespect being shown John Elway, a hall of famer.Come on man, hes John Freaking Elway!!!!
If youre a real Bronco fan, you NEVER question Elway. I am outrage!

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
And this is what he also has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqYAUD97lRQ

Dear USC,

Learn how to cover the half back split screen.

Sincerely,
MO

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Dear USC,

Learn how to cover the half back split screen.

Sincerely,
MO

What i found really funny about that is that USC while ranked 54th in the country was not near as bad as ASU who was ranked 88th. Just goes to show how good Brock is and could be. There were certainly some bad passes in there but like all young QB's he will have some growing to do but under Manning he could become very very good. I mean, think about it. Could have the toughness of Big Ben and the arm to dissect defenses like Manning. I think i just jizzed all over my computer screen.

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 10:39 AM
What i found really funny about that is that USC while ranked 54th in the country was not near as bad as ASU who was ranked 88th. Just goes to show how good Brock is and could be. There were certainly some bad passes in there but like all young QB's he will have some growing to do but under Manning he could become very very good. I mean, think about it. Could have the toughness of Big Ben and the arm to dissect defenses like Manning. I think i just jizzed all over my computer screen.

He did a good job against zone defenses in those two clips. Good feet and good reads against zone defenses. His timing throws weren't great, so that's something he'll need to work on.

Nomad
04-28-2012, 10:40 AM
I agree. Cant understand why people are pouting, makes zero sense. Tebow was fun to watch as an athlete but not that great of a QB and the FO saw it that way. In comes Manning, a future HOF who will immediately take us to the next level. Insert Osweiler, a big QB in the mold of Big Ben, good arm, and according to reports very cerebral which is what Manning is. How can you not like that as a Bronco fan? I dont get it.

No one is pouting. Others are voicing their concerns and don't see Osweiller becoming a great QB and I guess until he proves it on an NFL field then he'll be questionable. No one is hoping the kid fails and I'm sure everyone from myself to BDB, Claymore, Slick etc will support the guy because he is a BRONCO.

Dzone
04-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Dwight freeney just got traded to NE for a 2nd and 4th.
He will be chasing Manning or oz when NE plays denver

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
No one is pouting. Others are voicing their concerns and don't see Osweiller becoming a great QB and I guess until he proves it on an NFL field then he'll be questionable. No one is hoping the kid fails and I'm sure everyone from myself to BDB, Claymore, Slick etc will support the guy because he is a BRONCO.

Nah, your pouting. But i do hope you give the guy a chance. At least until he proves he cant do it.

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:43 AM

Depending on how much he plays. He's spent a lot of time injured the last couple of years.

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 10:43 AM

That's the best move Belichek has made. He must really be moving to a 4-3.

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:44 AM
That's the best move Belichek has made. He must really be moving to a 4-3.

And finally he understands his defense is horrible.

Nomad
04-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Nah, your pouting. But i do hope you give the guy a chance. At least until he proves he cant do it.

BS! You are the biggest flip flopper here when it comes to turning on players:lol: Take your own advice sometimes.

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:46 AM
BS! You are the biggest flip flopper here when it comes to turning on players:lol: Take your own advice sometimes.

If i flip flop on anyone its because i wait until ive seen what they can do. I dont write them off before they even take the field. Huge difference.

CoachChaz
04-28-2012, 10:48 AM
NE is scrambling. They keep getting players that dont make sense. Im guessing with Freeney they are sticking with 4-3, but their draft doesnt make sense for that

silkamilkamonico
04-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Ideal situation for Brock.

He's 21 when he starts the season. He can sit for 5 years and he will be 26. Here's to a long lived tenure with Manning and then Brock to take over!

ShaneFalco
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
i wish tebow would have played fullback for us. Larsen is bad.

BroncoNut
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Most articulate QB in the draft = RGIII

I don't know about that, but maybe. he does talk white I noticed.

BroncoNut
04-28-2012, 10:50 AM
If i flip flop on anyone its because i wait until ive seen what they can do. I dont write them off before they even take the field. Huge difference.

North is to flip as man is to flop

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:50 AM

White girlfriend too.

BroncoNut
04-28-2012, 10:51 AM
White girlfriend too.

really? was not aware of that.

Northman
04-28-2012, 10:52 AM
really? she must be a real slut then

lmao

Nomad
04-28-2012, 10:52 AM

He talks very white, then again, he is a military kid.

Slick
04-28-2012, 10:59 AM
It's not whining or pouting just because some of us wanted more defense, oline or weapons for Peyton before we got a QB. Cut that shit out.

Northman
04-28-2012, 11:00 AM
It's not whining or pouting just because some of us wanted more defense, oline or weapons for Peyton before we got a QB. Cut that shit out.

No, dont wanna.

Dzone
04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
I love Tebow, but honestly, I like Oz's personality better. Tebow can be pretty boring.

bcbronc
04-28-2012, 11:09 AM
I truly hope this is sarcastic BC, Caleb Hanie was never considered more then a mere backup.

come on Lan! :lol:

You're not even making sense. It's hard to get a franchise QB so instead of drafting one now and giving him a couple of years to develop and show he can be a starter in this league, you'd rather wait until Manning retires, assume we'll have a top 2 pick, and that top 2 pick that year is a bluechip QB who will just step in and be the next Elway/Manning. Sure, what could go wrong with that strategy. :rolleyes:

BroncoNut
04-28-2012, 11:28 AM

do you want some cheese with the wine

Nomad
04-28-2012, 11:31 AM
do you want some cheese with the wine

I've never claimed to be, and there are very few, but giving shit to Slick who is one of the most leveled people here:tsk:

Northman
04-28-2012, 11:32 AM
I've never claimed to be, and there are very few, but giving shit to Slick who is one of the most leveled people here:tsk:

We are teasing him. Relax Nom.

BroncoNut
04-28-2012, 11:33 AM

where did I say he wasn't level headed? for the most part he is, but he's been acting like spoiled 4 year old with this crap. And he KNOWS it. I wish he'd get through it and move on

Nomad
04-28-2012, 11:33 AM
We are teasing him. Relax Nom.

I'm screwing with Nut, he knows that.

chazoe60
04-28-2012, 01:47 PM
You guys are whiners. Pansy ass sissies!

broncobryce
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Not sure how well he will develop with rep hog Manning, but again, I'm going to assume Elway knows what he's doing.

Ravage!!!
04-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Not sure how well he will develop with rep hog Manning, but again, I'm going to assume Elway knows what he's doing.

Manning has been one to work hard in practice and take the reps to get things down perfect. Probably one of the reasons he's considered one of the very best to ever play. THat being said, I hope that kind of work ethic is exactly what Os learns. I also hope that we learn from Indy's past mistakes and get Os some reps in.

Tned
04-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Put it in the bank, Osweiler will be a beast for the Broncos. He was mentored by former ASU standout QB Jake Plummer!!

TXBRONC
04-28-2012, 02:36 PM
You all know i love it.

Same here. I think this was a very good pick even though he wont make an immediate impact.

BigDaddyBronco
04-28-2012, 04:18 PM

In other words, go suck a dick MO. MO needs to be watching midget amputee porn instead of running his mouf.

BigDaddyBronco
04-28-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't know about Osweiler. He might turn out, but most non-1st round QB's don't pan out. We'll see.

topscribe
04-28-2012, 06:06 PM

You didn't mean to ignore this, did you?

rqYAUD97lRQ

Nomad
04-28-2012, 06:16 PM
You didn't mean to ignore this, did you?

rqYAUD97lRQ

I left that to the pro-Osweiler camp;)

CrazyHorse
04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
We trade one project QB just to draft another?

Dapper Dan
04-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Just stop with the Tebow trade. Brock is quite a bit younger than Tebow. It wouldn't have been fair to keep him as a project until he's almost 30.

NorCalBronco7
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I like the pick. Big, strong arm QB to sit and learn from the best. Hes got great upside, a great attitude, and hes in a perfect situation.

CrazyHorse
04-28-2012, 07:41 PM
I would have rather had Cousins or Foles.

MOtorboat
04-28-2012, 07:49 PM
In other words, go suck a dick MO. MO needs to be watching midget amputee porn instead of running his mouf.

Mmmm, onions.

Broncos Mtnman
04-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Put it in the bank, Osweiler will be a beast for the Broncos. He was mentored by former ASU standout QB Jake Plummer!!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.........

Did you have to do that?

Simple Jaded
04-28-2012, 09:10 PM

If this team goes 8-8 or 9-7 with Manning, I swear I am negging you with everyone of your cocky posts. Just know that.If the Broncos go 8-8 or 9-7 with Peyton Manning what exactly are you expecting with Tim Tebow?.......

Lancane
04-28-2012, 09:16 PM
We trade one project QB just to draft another?

No we traded a circus act and drafted a raw quarterback that actually has the talent and skills to succeed at this level!

Lancane
04-28-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't care what the detractors or haters have to say, this was a solid pick and the kid has the talent and intangibles to be a good pro quarterback.

bcbronc
04-28-2012, 11:44 PM
oh shit, there's haters already??

Dapper Dan
04-28-2012, 11:51 PM
oh shit, there's haters already??

There are people who already hate next years draft picks.

bcbronc
04-28-2012, 11:54 PM

dogfish
04-29-2012, 01:20 AM

i like how slick just shows up, and immediate gives somebody a well-deserved kick in the ass. . . .

:defense:

Nick
04-29-2012, 03:12 AM
In that video above he went through more progressions and check downs then Tebow has gone throw playing at Broncos and at Florida.

This kid could be something in 2-3 years. His job this coming season should be to rub Mannings shoulders, get what he wants, and take notes.

Simple Jaded
04-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Not yet at least. But who knows in 2-4 years.C'mon! Why don't we wait to make sure he's not just a taller Kyle dink-and-dunk Orton before we start off with more fairy tales.

Just stop with the Tebow trade. Brock is quite a bit younger than Tebow. It wouldn't have been fair to keep him as a project until he's almost 30.I get that Tebow fans would rather just have kept Tebow, but this is a fair point by dbfan, not just their age but their contracts as well. Clearly the Broncos are aware of the worst case scenario with Manning, judging by his contract, but they are hoping for a minimum of 3 years, by which time Tebow's will have expired.

I would think this pick would appease most people who didn't like the Manning signing, the Broncos are still building methodically through the draft but they're doing it with a far better QB situation.

I still gotta say, Osweiler has got a LOOOOOOONG way to go, I sincerely hope he gets every bit of that 3 years to develope. Which, btw, is not in any way/shape/or form part of Peyton Manning's job description. It's up to Osweiler to sit back and soak it in as much as possible, it's the coaches job to coach him up, it's Peyton Manning's job to concentrate on the starting QB's role. Manning should be spending far more time coaching up the rest of the starters than he should be coaching up the backup QB's.......

Timmy!
04-29-2012, 07:11 AM
Guys.....relax. Brock is from Montana, therefore he is badass.

If anyone mentions Leaf I hate u. Tia.

TimHippo
04-29-2012, 08:43 AM
"57. Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State: D Grade
Umm... don't the Broncos want to win now? Why did they pay big bucks to Peyton Manning if they're unwilling to build around him for a 2012 and 2013 Super Bowl run? I had Denver picking Brock Osweiler - but in the third round. This selection should have been used on someone who could help the team win now. I don't understand what John Elway is doing. "

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2012den.php

Dapper Dan
04-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Woody Paige thinks Mr. Walter is an idiot.

Simple Jaded
04-29-2012, 10:38 AM

He does? We're ****ed!.......

CrazyHorse
04-29-2012, 12:45 PM
No we traded a circus act and drafted a raw quarterback that actually has the talent and skills to succeed at this level!

Sounds like a project QB to me.

topscribe
04-29-2012, 12:49 PM
All the sudden, I like Mr. Walter much better (even though I do disagree with Walter on Osweiler and Wolfe) . . .

Dapper Dan
04-29-2012, 12:53 PM
The best thing for the Broncos is Peyton Manning starting at QB.

The best thing for Tim Tebow is to compete with Mark Sanchez rather than Peyton Manning.

So if you're a Broncos fan, you should be happy. If you care anything about Tebow, you should be happy.

topscribe
04-29-2012, 12:55 PM
The best thing for the Broncos is Peyton Manning starting at QB.

The best thing for Tim Tebow is to compete with Mark Sanchez rather than Peyton Manning.

So if you're a Broncos fan, you should be happy. If you care anything about Tebow, you should be happy.
As a Broncos fan, I'm happy.

As for Tebow, I wish him the best, but I don't care anymore. He's a Jet . . .

Dapper Dan
04-29-2012, 01:08 PM

That's good. I just don't get why some are complaining that we got rid of a project QB just to get a project QB, when it's the best situation for everyone involved.

Nomad
04-29-2012, 01:16 PM
That's good. I just don't get why some are complaining that we got rid of a project QB just to get a project QB, when it's the best situation for everyone involved.

I've only seen one person mention that. I would say majority of people are over Tebow and moving along on the Manning bandwagon looking forward toward the 2012 season.

Dapper Dan
04-29-2012, 01:19 PM
I've only seen one person mention that. I would say majority of people are over Tebow and moving along on the Manning bandwagon looking forward toward the 2012 season.

I thought 2 or 3 had said it. What's just as irritating is people combat it with, well Brock can actually throw, hardy har har. Shit's getting annoying.

Nomad
04-29-2012, 01:20 PM

One thing to come out of this is we finally get to see silka happy after all these years:lol:

Dapper Dan
05-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I heard he picked #12

NightTerror218
05-01-2012, 07:52 PM
I hope this is not going to be a learning lesson for Elway. Learn not to be hung up on a player and draft him higher then he should and stick to BPA. If Brocks flops it will be a hard lesson for Elway.

Northman
05-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Brock was not drafted higher than he should. Lmao

He was a projected second round QB.

Dzone
05-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Ok, did I hear someone say Tebow? I didnt think we were allowed to ever mention his name without the threat of a lifetime ban from the board! LOL...
I dont care what anyone says,I just really appreciated everything Tebow tried to stand for. I really wanted him to be a long time Bronco. I was sad it didn't work out. The team we love got a lot of great exposure because of Tebow. He captured the nation for a moment in time. It was great fun. He made Bronco football exciting again. But that is now part of football lore. But if he never learns to throw, it is better that some other team finds out. That being said, this Osweiler is the next Montana. LOL This kid doesnt need to learn how to throw a damn football. He can spin the freakin ball. He stands there looking over the tops of everyone and launches space rockets. Tebow dreams about having an arm like Osweiler. Plus, as much as I love Tim Tebow and the example he sets, I admit, hes boring at times. Some of his stuff is kinda canned and pre planned. Often Its the same polite response every time. I dont think we will have boring interviews with Oz. Ozmania is going to be friggin great. Damn I cant wait. Oh wait, I almost forgot, we still have Manning...LOL

ShaneFalco
05-02-2012, 06:12 AM
i think its going to come back and bite us in the butt.

Dapper Dan
05-02-2012, 09:30 AM
i think its going to come back and bite us in the butt.

How so?

Jsteve01
05-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Gil Brandt pegged Brock as a possible first rounder. And every freaking draft pick every years is a gamble. So now that we've got that out of the way.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 11:13 AM

Could have easily traded back and still got him.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2012, 11:17 AM

This is nothing more than speculation and guess work. YOu have NO idea if this is true, but want to believe it, so you make it a fact. Its NOT a fact. You have NO clue when/where/or if he would have been available later.

ShaneFalco
05-02-2012, 04:00 PM
How so?
what i saw tebow do last season is still beyond me. What i witnessed at our playoff game, was remarkable. We could have kept him as a backup and he would have done it. I dont think sanchez will last the season, Tebow could grow into an actual dual threat in New York. And what do we do? we replaced him by wasting our 2nd round pick on some bad kid who is friends with elway's kid from ASU. i would have rather taken kirk cousins in the 7th round... What ever happened to taking the best player available like Von Miller? This year they just stuck to "their guys". Complete change in draft process.

I would say alot more, because its really frustrating what occured this entire offseason (besides getting manning), but then i will get hassled for being reasonable about Tebow and what he could become.

I just hate the idea of any player that doesnt "fit the mold" just right yet, that he doesnt belong on the team. Hell we could have had him play Runningback or Fullback for all i care. The kid has something special, and him being on the top 100 proves that.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I thought 2 or 3 had said it. What's just as irritating is people combat it with, well Brock can actually throw, hardy har har. Shit's getting annoying.

Brock can throw.

LTC Pain
05-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Like we traded back assuming we could still get Martin in the 2nd round??? Gotta take them where you feel comfortable.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Being on the top 100 proves what? It proves absolutely nothing.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
This is nothing more than speculation and guess work. YOu have NO idea if this is true, but want to believe it, so you make it a fact. Its NOT a fact. You have NO clue when/where/or if he would have been available later.

Of course its speculation, but I dont see any teams after us that would have wanted him. We prob could have grabbed him beginning of 3rd, because there were still some big name talents left, Osemele, James, Haward, and Lavonte David.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Like we traded back assuming we could still get Martin in the 2nd round??? Gotta take them where you feel comfortable.

Who was assuming we could still get him. IMO i was assuming to get a DT and Osweiler in the 2nd just by how things were going. I was happy with DT but wished we could have went for Osweiler in the 3rd. Hell we could have traded up in the 3rd with all the 4th rounders we had.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Of course its speculation, but I dont see any teams after us that would have wanted him. We prob could have grabbed him beginning of 3rd, because there were still some big name talents left, Osemele, James, Haward, and Lavonte David.

Again.. you are purely speculating on having absolutely NO facts.. just a "probably".. "because I don't see".... when you have NO clue as to what another team's board is like. None. He was graded as the 3rd/4th best QB in the draft (depending on who you talk with)...and you feel he would have made it alllll the way through another round. Ok. I'm glad youf eel that way. Then you say you feel we simply should have given move picks to trade up to take him.

"Big Name" talent means DIDDLY SQUAT to an NFL war room. You know who that means much to, those of us that don't have a clue.

Dapper Dan
05-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Brock can throw.

Cool.

DenBronx
05-02-2012, 04:36 PM

If the need for Luck, RGIII, Tannehill and Weeden wouldnt have been there in round 1 do you still think Brock would have been a very high 2nd rounder? I still think he was a 2nd round prospect but there were more than normal amounts QBs flying off the board and we didnt want to risk losing Brock. If we had not got Manning then I think Weeden would have been a better PLAY ME NOW type QB. But since we did get Manning, Brock has the luxury of sitting and learning for a few years, alot like Rogers as I said before. He should be a much much better QB when his time finally comes.

With some added weight to his already tall 6'7 frame and time sitting behind Manning this kid just might be a damn good QB for the future. I believe it was Mayock who said he thought Brock had the biggest arm in the draft. I will be excited to see him play one day but for now my full attention will be on Manning in a Broncos uni carving up the NFL.

LTC Pain
05-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Who was assuming we could still get him. IMO i was assuming to get a DT and Osweiler in the 2nd just by how things were going. I was happy with DT but wished we could have went for Osweiler in the 3rd. Hell we could have traded up in the 3rd with all the 4th rounders we had.

You're assuming we could have taken Brock in the 3rd! You can assume about Brock but I can't in regard to Martin? If I can find the link I will post it. Elway gave an angry reaction (reportedly) when Martin was taken at #31, the Broncos former spot.

DenBronx
05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Again.. you are purely speculating on having absolutely NO facts.. just a "probably".. "because I don't see".... when you have NO clue as to what another team's board is like. None. He was graded as the 3rd/4th best QB in the draft (depending on who you talk with)...and you feel he would have made it alllll the way through another round. Ok. I'm glad youf eel that way. Then you say you feel we simply should have given move picks to trade up to take him.

"Big Name" talent means DIDDLY SQUAT to an NFL war room. You know who that means much to, those of us that don't have a clue.

Tom Brady wasnt really a big name and went in the 6th. Had time to sit behind Drew Bledsoe and look at him now. I'm not saying Brock is Brady but I hope his career goes down the same path. Brock was picked in the 2nd though....so my expectations are very high. Brady was picked in the 6th and no one thought he would ever be that good.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM

Why not read my posts, I SAID IT WAS SPECULATION. You only glance over or have blinders on for my posts, I even backed up why I thought that. I saw big value players still available which would BPA. Brock was valued as a 2nd/3rd rounder just above Cousins. May speculate Cousins was favored over Bock but not to EFX. I do no think he would be around at our original 3rd round spot. That why I mentioned trading back or trading up. He was graded as 5th best, Luck/RG3/Tannehill/Weeden and Brock/Cousins were intermixed with the next spot. So I dont know where you got 3rd best because he was never mentioned above Tannehill. Of course I have no facts of what the war rooms thought, but I do what what players were graded and we drafted a guys whose grade was lower then the next 5 or 6 picks. By what ever the grading scale is by ESPN and NFLN. Because I was watching the grades of the BPA as the draft was going.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Brock can throw.

From many reports the only thing that knock him are his lack of game experience. Also his throwing motion is not consistent. I am trying to remember who said it but at times his throw would almost look like a sidearm throw and other times normal. His arm motion changes paths that it takes to throw the ball. It is not a huge flaw but fixing it will improve his accuracy that is already pretty good. He is suppose to have a HUGE upside.

I just hope he drops the mentality that he is big therefore he is hard to take down and can create extra time to make plays. That is from his Gruden interview, he mentioned his size is an advantage and that it takes several guys to take him down. in the NFL it only takes 1.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 04:44 PM
You're assuming we could have taken Brock in the 3rd! You can assume about Brock but I can't in regard to Martin? If I can find the link I will post it. Elway gave an angry reaction (reportedly) when Martin was taken at #31, the Broncos former spot.

I was asking who was assuming we could still get him. not saying your not allowed to assume.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2012, 04:53 PM
From many reports the only thing that knock him are his lack of game experience. Also his throwing motion is not consistent. I am trying to remember who said it but at times his throw would almost look like a sidearm throw and other times normal. His arm motion changes paths that it takes to throw the ball. It is not a huge flaw but fixing it will improve his accuracy that is already pretty good. He is suppose to have a HUGE upside.

I just hope he drops the mentality that he is big therefore he is hard to take down and can create extra time to make plays. That is from his Gruden interview, he mentioned his size is an advantage and that it takes several guys to take him down. in the NFL it only takes 1.

I don't want him to change that at all. It does take more than one, generally. In college he was sacked by a single guy on many occasions and he knows it. He is big, and it is hard to take him down, and because of that he can extend plays. N othing wrong with that mentality, imo.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't want him to change that at all. It does take more than one, generally. In college he was sacked by a single guy on many occasions and he knows it. He is big, and it is hard to take him down, and because of that he can extend plays. N othing wrong with that mentality, imo.

Well as we all know defense players are bigger and faster. If he can extend plays I would not mind at all. I just dont want him to always try it and say, not QB slide or go out of bounds hoping to extend plays.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Well as we all know defense players are bigger and faster. If he can extend plays I would not mind at all. I just dont want him to always try it and say, not QB slide or go out of bounds hoping to extend plays.

I don't thnk he's talking about running the ball, he's talking about while in the pocket. Much like Rothlesburger.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't thnk he's talking about running the ball, he's talking about while in the pocket. Much like Rothlesburger.

Rothlesburger will run and put a hurt on people, he is a beast. Osweiler is tall and much skinnier then Rothlesburger. He is also known as a mobile QB.

Simple Jaded
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
what i saw tebow do last season is still beyond me. What i witnessed at our playoff game, was remarkable. We could have kept him as a backup and he would have done it. I dont think sanchez will last the season, Tebow could grow into an actual dual threat in New York. And what do we do? we replaced him by wasting our 2nd round pick on some bad kid who is friends with elway's kid from ASU. i would have rather taken kirk cousins in the 7th round... What ever happened to taking the best player available like Von Miller? This year they just stuck to "their guys". Complete change in draft process.

I would say alot more, because its really frustrating what occured this entire offseason (besides getting manning), but then i will get hassled for being reasonable about Tebow and what he could become.

I just hate the idea of any player that doesnt "fit the mold" just right yet, that he doesnt belong on the team. Hell we could have had him play Runningback or Fullback for all i care. The kid has something special, and him being on the top 100 proves that.Well as long as we're talking about what we'd rather do; I'd rather trade Tebow for three #1's and drafted Andrew Luck in the 7th round.......

Dapper Dan
05-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Well as long as we're talking about what we'd rather do; I'd rather trade Tebow for three #1's and drafted Andrew Luck in the 7th round.......

But we didn't have a 7th. We would probably reach and take him in the 6th.

Simple Jaded
05-02-2012, 09:23 PM
But we didn't have a 7th. We would probably reach and take him in the 6th.Valid point. That just goes to show that you can't always get what you want. You can't always get what you want.......but if you try sometimes.......you just might find.......you get what you need.......

Dapper Dan
05-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Valid point. That just goes to show that you can't always get what you want. You can't always get what you want.......but if you try sometimes.......you just might find.......you get what you need.......

You get what you need. Yeah. Oh baby.

TimHippo
05-02-2012, 11:41 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZhDo_PzzqU4/SWF2qNOelqI/AAAAAAAAAsI/XCGyplqEHyA/s400/Tim_Tebow_v_LSU.jpg

Dapper Dan
05-02-2012, 11:51 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZhDo_PzzqU4/SWF2qNOelqI/AAAAAAAAAsI/XCGyplqEHyA/s400/Tim_Tebow_v_LSU.jpg

Please. Don't keep going back and forth about this. Whether you're on one side of the argument or the other, neither will change your opinion on anything. Just keep the talk about "other players" in the "other forum".

Ravage!!!
05-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Rothlesburger will run and put a hurt on people, he is a beast. Osweiler is tall and much skinnier then Rothlesburger. He is also known as a mobile QB.

No. Roth moves from the pocket and moves to buy time. He'll run occasionally, but not try to bowl people over. Os is a 'mobile" QB, not a running QB. When he's talking about more than one guy taking him down, he's NOT talking about when he's running with the ball, but when moving within the pocket and keeping from being sacked. Hence why he says it would give him a benefit to make a play downfield.

Ravage!!!
05-03-2012, 05:36 PM

Thank you, the perfect example of the running QB.

Northman
05-03-2012, 05:39 PM

Oh thats a QB? I thought it was a FB. Whoooooops.

NightTerror218
05-03-2012, 05:42 PM
No. Roth moves from the pocket and moves to buy time. He'll run occasionally, but not try to bowl people over. Os is a 'mobile" QB, not a running QB. When he's talking about more than one guy taking him down, he's NOT talking about when he's running with the ball, but when moving within the pocket and keeping from being sacked. Hence why he says it would give him a benefit to make a play downfield.

He is obviously not going to run much but he does move. 83 rushing attempts for like 90 yards. Twice what brady did last season and 3/4 the number our last QB did.

TimHippo
05-03-2012, 11:01 PM

Nothing wrong with that mentality though.

Dapper Dan
12-05-2015, 04:38 AM

Oops.

Dapper Dan
12-05-2015, 04:43 AM
Fun thread.

ShaneFalco
12-05-2015, 04:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsB7UQ8BlE0

Also said CJ would become one of the better RBs on the roster. where is that post.....

Valar Morghulis
12-05-2015, 05:01 AM
We should do this more often. Good read

chazoe60
12-05-2015, 10:02 AM

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin

BroncoWave
12-05-2015, 10:03 AM
I hate to say it, but I think Osweiler was our best draft pick today. I think he is the only one who projects as a future starter. Wolfe is a high-motor guy but probably will never be a consistent starter. Hillman won't be a starter, ever.

It's fun to go back and read how sure people are about things are on draft day. ;)

(I'm sure posts of mine can be dug up like this as well)

BroncoWave
12-05-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm not saying, I'm just sayin

I had totally forgotten "EFX" was a thing. It's pretty damn clear who the brains of that operation was!

BroncoWave
12-05-2015, 10:08 AM
If I had John Elway's number I'd text him a message: "Congratulations on drafting Tommy Maddox! I'm sure he will be a huge impact player for the team!" :rolleyes:

Too bad you didn't have that number then, he'd probably be looking back laughing his ass off at that text now!

BroncoWave
12-05-2015, 10:09 AM

Oof........

BroncoWave
12-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Guys.....relax. Brock is from Montana, therefore he is badass.

#nostratimmy

Northman
12-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Oof........

Whooooops.

Northman
12-05-2015, 10:26 AM
SOB...

In 2016 I'll probably be grateful for this pick. In 2012, it pretty much sucks for helping us do anything in the Peyton Manning era. Ugh.

~G

We are almost there G money. :D