PDA

View Full Version : against green-bay I think its a easy win for us..

broncos9697
10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
I really think we will crush green-bay....
they can't run the ball at all..All they do is pass 75% of the time and with the d-backs we have it will be a long day for farve ya he'll make some great tosses but he'll also have 3 int's...
we should win this game by at least 21 what do you think am i on the right track

DenBronx
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
im gonna go ahead and say no. oakland and buffalo were both not easy games for us and green bay is better than both of those teams. no win is ever easy.

because we won by a field goal last night you get this assessment?

Melkor
10-22-2007, 03:48 PM
because we won by a field goal last night you get this assessment?

I do not think that.

More likely because we beat the Steelers. Along with New England, Dallas, Indianapolis they looks like the team to beat this year.

Not that I am sold on our running defense at all, as I think it was a great team effort to stop Willie Parker, mostly provided by our young talent, Moss, Dumervil, Engelberger, Williams, Thomas and Crowder with a big play.
I do not except us such a performance again as soon as next week.

But that might not be necessary. Green Bay have not been able to run the ball all season and our secondary is really good. Now, their is a reason they have won five games, but I do think we have a shot at this game.

Would be a nice start to the other half of the season if we kick off by beating two of this seasons big teams.

Lonestar
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Just because GB has not run the ball does not mean they will not on us. Everyone has run the ball on us. Farve is a smart a QB and just might beat our CB if Champ even plays, Ben beat up on them and Brett is a HOF QB that lives for games like this.

Do not count your chicken before they hatch.

Rick
10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
They are 5 - 1...

While that does not designate that they are a power house or anything it should show they are no slouch.

Astrass
10-22-2007, 06:26 PM
I don't think this will be easy at all. If we are lucky I can see us win by a field goal again. Never know really, so many question marks about our team. Is Scheffler playing? Will Henry be available? Will Champ be back? Will Marshall be stuck in AA meetings?

BigBroncLove
10-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I think beating Greenbay relies on two very important factors. Champ Bailey being back. This is a very potent and effecient WR core and QB. They run three step drops, quick outs, and a short field west coast style pasing offense very well, something they didn't do much of last year. At the same time they have a QB that can strike deep and reads defensive packages well. Farve is also one tough SOB and can make Dliens work for that sack.

The other IMO is stopping their pass rush. Their DE's are excellent, and they execute Bates system perfectly and have the personel to do it. They are a solid D, and I htink this will be a great way for the Broncos to get a real close look at what a team looks like and does who executes Bates system to a high level for next year. I guaruntee if they stick with the return to the regular 4-3 one gap system for the rest of the season, the film from this game will be studied by this team through TC and the off season....

The one thing thats good news for us is their run offense, but if they open that pass attack up wide enough they will be bale ot run it IMO. I think while a tough team though, that the Broncos match well against them and can win this.

Just my :2cents:

Tned
10-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Just because GB has not run the ball does not mean they will not on us. Everyone has run the ball on us. Farve is a smart a QB and just might beat our CB if Champ even plays, Ben beat up on them and Brett is a HOF QB that lives for games like this.

Counting chickens before they hatch is bad, but on the flip side with the exception of the SD game, Cutler and the offense have been improving every week.

Marshall (assuming he isn't in jail or suspended) has developed into a real force. Stokeley has proven he has plenty left in the tank. Scheffler showed us what we saw in training camp last year. The O-line held up very well against the number one defense (and something like 3rd in the league with 3.5 sacks a game) and only gave up 2 sacks and the offense put up over 325 yards.

Considering some of the really bad jobs in pass protection that the Broncos have had the last two or three years against much weaker defenses than Pitt, their performance was very good.

There is plenty to be positive about on the offensive side of the ball, even if there is some need to remain skeptical on the defensive side.

TXBRONC
10-22-2007, 06:59 PM

And at the same time don't try to make scrambled eggs of them before they have chance to hatch. ;)

UnderArmour
10-22-2007, 07:02 PM
they can't run the ball at all..All they do is pass 75% of the time and with the d-backs we have it will be a long day for farve ya he'll make some great tosses but he'll also have 3 int's...
we should win this game by at least 21 what do you think am i on the right track

I agree with this. Green Bay is not as good as their record says they are, they just aren't. We should dominate them easily on both sides of the ball.

TXBRONC
10-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't think Denver will crush the Packers but I do think they can beat them.

silkamilkamonico
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM
"An easy win"?

They have a top notch defense that doesn't make it easy for anyone.

Uncle Buck
10-22-2007, 10:51 PM

Sage words, Jr.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Any given Sunday, for either of these teams. The Packers defense is playing well and Favre is throwing like every game could be his last. They are my second team, and I have bias - but they are a good, young team. If Champ isn't out, we have to cover Driver, Jennings and Jones who is a young rookie. They have some other options as well, and they like to air it out.

It's going to be a great game, and ya'll should be excited. It's a shame that Javon cannot play, my sister is heart broken because she wanted to see her favorite ex-Packer in action against her boys.

Uncle Buck
10-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Counting chickens before they hatch is bad, but on the flip side with the exception of the SD game, Cutler and the offense have been improving every week.

Marshall (assuming he isn't in jail or suspended) has developed into a real force. Stokeley has proven he has plenty left in the tank. Scheffler showed us what we saw in training camp last year. The O-line held up very well against the number one defense (and something like 3rd in the league with 3.5 sacks a game) and only gave up 2 sacks and the offense put up over 325 yards.

Considering some of the really bad jobs in pass protection that the Broncos have had the last two or three years against much weaker defenses than Pitt, their performance was very good.

There is plenty to be positive about on the offensive side of the ball, even if there is some need to remain skeptical on the defensive side.

Good post, tned.

At this point in the season, GB and DEN share something in common: both teams are in the rebuild stage--and are improving.

Difference is, GB has already put something together, under an aging QB. DEN is showing signs of putting it together, albeit under a young--but improving--QB.

My take is that the winner this upcoming Monday night's game will be based on turnovers. Favre and Cutler could be evenly matched (at this point in time) in the INT dept., but this does not take into account fumbles.

All other things being (or assumed) to be equal, Cutler will toss one INT (or none).

Gazing into my NFL crystal ball, the big D will determine the outcome of this game...and I don't see this as being a close game, as we've seen in the past (aside from the SD, debacle, that is).

This may be the game that puts young Jay on the map. The alternative would be to showcase the aging star against the 12th-outing essential "rookie."

Either way, I can hardly wait!

Let the Game begin!

Watchthemiddle
10-22-2007, 11:21 PM
I have seen some of you jump on members here for being negative....errrrr...realistic so please don't jump on mine.

We all have an opinion right??

So here is mine.

I want us to win this game BAAAADDD. But not sure if we can. I think it all comes down to two factors.

Our intensity must mach and be better than Farve's intensity. I have watched this guy play for years. He never shows up to a game half heartedly. He always gives it 110%. We must match that at the least to win this game.

So far I have seen our team come out with intensity ONCE in 6 games. That was last night against Pitt. ANd even with our most intense game of the year we still only won by 3 with 2 seconds ticking off the clock.

I don't predict a win. I see maybe a close game, but the leadership of Farve and experience he will display on the field will beat us...but with that said will be a GOOD example to our young team.

We have seen one of our star WR's get pulled over for a possible DUI last night. Cutler has been compared to Farve for being a gunslinger and having a strong arm. We have a ton of injuries so far this year and are still 3-3. This team, even in a lose this week, can learn alot from one player this week. We will be facing a future HOF QB that never misses a snap or game because of injury. We are facing a HOF QB that has been criticized in the past because of his gunslinger appraoch.

ALl that said, we can learn much this week even in defeat. THere are not too many QB's or leaders left in the NFL that bring it every week like the player we will face this week. If our guys are watching, listening, observing closely, they might learn a valuable lesson this week on how to conduct yourself, play hard, and never give up in order to be successful in this league.

Go Broncos and show this future HOF how we do it in Denver!!!!

:salute::salute:

omac
10-23-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't think the Broncos will have any easy win this season, even against supposedly weaker teams, that GB is not one of. I do believe that if their defense can step up as much as they did against the Steelers, they have a chance to beat any team in the NFL.

Stargazer
10-23-2007, 01:28 AM
Easy win? When has Denver proved a game to be an easy win?

Just like the Steelers game, this will be another hard fought game. This is another national TV game. It's going to be a tough game. Hopefully the team can win and move to 4-3.

fcspikeit
10-23-2007, 01:56 AM

"we should win this game by at least 21" Are you kidding? 21?

Anything is possible but I have seen nothing that tells me we will win by 21. They have a great defense, if we score 24 against them we will be doing good.

We have not even scored that against worst defenses then theirs. Lets say we score 31 again, do you feel we will hold them to 10 points? Our defense looked improved but even if they throw every down I bet they put up more then 10.

I do feel we will win this game though. One good thing is we will get more chances with the ball because they are a passing team. We shouldn't see to many 8 + minute drives from them like we did against the Jags and Pitt.

Also, we all know Favra does not like to take sacks and because of that he throws the ball up for grabs a couple times a game. I like our odds with Champ against any of their WR if he does that. I am assuming of course Champ will play? From what I have seen our ends do a good job getting after the QB on known passing downs and Favra wont burn us with his legs like Garrard did.

If that holds true then our D should be better on 3rd down. I hope we don't play to much bend don't brake and if we do I hope someone tells furgason that the bend needs to stop at the goal line. We can't be giving them a 5 yard cushion in the end zone.

What I would like to see is a lot of zone blitzing. When the Pack has been blitzed they throw the quick slant a lot. If we can back up a LB 8 yards up field in zone when we blitz we should be able to stop the quick slant over the middle.

One other thing, Our passing D has been burned by TE the worst. The Pack don't have a Gates or Clark so we shouldn't have as much trouble with that.

I think we will win by the score of, 30 to 24 :beer:

Melkor
10-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Just like the Steelers game, this will be another hard fought game. This is another national TV game. It's going to be a tough game. Hopefully the team can win and move to 4-3.

But I think it will be a different games. I think the Steelers are a better team than Denver. I do not think Green Bay is.

I suspect a very hard fight. For us to get into Favre before he catches the ball, to stop Greg Jennings and Donald Driver. To stop Aaron Kampman and in some way get Scheffler, if he plays, and Graham away from A.J. Hawk or Nick Barnett. For them to stop Henry, to prevent Cutler from finding his weapons and of course to get the ball away from Champ and Bly.

I think there are so many great things awaiting us in this game that I just cannot wait for it to start.

Stargazer
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
But I think it will be a different games. I think the Steelers are a better team than Denver. I do not think Green Bay is.

I suspect a very hard fight. For us to get into Favre before he catches the ball, to stop Greg Jennings and Donald Driver. To stop Aaron Kampman and in some way get Scheffler, if he plays, and Graham away from A.J. Hawk or Nick Barnett. For them to stop Henry, to prevent Cutler from finding his weapons and of course to get the ball away from Champ and Bly.

I think there are so many great things awaiting us in this game that I just cannot wait for it to start.

The pack are 5-1. There's no debating that. They sport a very good defense and have a QB who can play great on Monday. Sure, they have some flaws. But, overall they're a very good team. And for this to be an easy game on national television I do not see it. Like I said, Denver hasn't given it's fan any reason that a game will be an easy walk in the park. A lot of the Bronco fans are basing their reason on potential talent. Not what has been shown on field. Denver did beat the Steelers, but gave up 28 points and could have possibly lost the game. This season hasn't been easy at all for this team.

Watchthemiddle
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM
The pack are 5-1. There's no debating that. They sport a very good defense and have a QB who can play great on Monday. Sure, they have some flaws. But, overall they're a very good team. And for this to be an easy game on national television I do not see it. Like I said, Denver hasn't given it's fan any reason that a game will be an easy walk in the park. A lot of the Bronco fans are basing their reason on potential talent. Not what has been shown on field. Denver did beat the Steelers, but gave up 28 points and could have possibly lost the game. This season hasn't been easy at all for this team.

Great point. Farve plays great on monday night.

I think before we or anyone says this will be an "easy win" needs to look at our 3 wins. None of them have been easy and 2 of the 3 should have been. I am fortunate that we did win them but they did not come easy.

Like I said before, in order to win this game we have to meet a Hall of Fame QB's intensity in order to come close to winning this game. Farve is Green Bay. If he chooses to come out focused and intense ( which he ALWAYS does ) then his team will follow. We have to match that.

:salute:

broncos9697
10-24-2007, 04:18 PM
I agree with this. Green Bay is not as good as their record says they are, they just aren't. We should dominate them easily on both sides of the ball.

thank you....
green bays #1 rusher may be out for this game then they will go to who??? they have 3 players to pick from they dont know who they want in there...and besides the have not been able to run the ball all season even against bad run 'd''...............and farve he loves to throw the ball up alot of floaters then are int's all the way...are backs are going to have a hay-day with this....
yes champ is playing and tony and henry and also bly there all fine this week and will be suiting up and starting........

Medford Bronco
10-24-2007, 04:46 PM
I think beating Greenbay relies on two very important factors. Champ Bailey being back. This is a very potent and effecient WR core and QB. They run three step drops, quick outs, and a short field west coast style pasing offense very well, something they didn't do much of last year. At the same time they have a QB that can strike deep and reads defensive packages well. Farve is also one tough SOB and can make Dliens work for that sack.

The other IMO is stopping their pass rush. Their DE's are excellent, and they execute Bates system perfectly and have the personel to do it. They are a solid D, and I htink this will be a great way for the Broncos to get a real close look at what a team looks like and does who executes Bates system to a high level for next year. I guaruntee if they stick with the return to the regular 4-3 one gap system for the rest of the season, the film from this game will be studied by this team through TC and the off season....

The one thing thats good news for us is their run offense, but if they open that pass attack up wide enough they will be bale ot run it IMO. I think while a tough team though, that the Broncos match well against them and can win this.

Just my :2cents:

great post BBL.

Also I think we need to still take care of the ball better as well

a complete clean game. No Ints, no fumble etc

and GB turns it over 2 times to us as well

TXBRONC
10-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Besides playing the run better which is possible in this game we have to find a way to cover the tight end. I think I saw a report somewhere that said about 65% of our opponents passing game has been the quarterback throwing to the tight end.

Day1BroncoFan
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I have hope and faith in the Broncos. I'm not convinced our D can repeat it's performance yet. If they play on Monday like they played on Sunday... We win! If not then it may be a long night.

Remember I said I have hope and faith. :D

Lonestar
10-24-2007, 06:47 PM
great post BBL.

Also I think we need to still take care of the ball better as well

a complete clean game. No Ints, no fumble etc

and GB turns it over 2 times to us as well

You expect way to much.. Has not happened in like forever, none of Jays games and a few of the games that Jake played in maybe be even back to the 2005 season where Jake had a gazillion passes with out a pick.

Farve is the consummate QB he will find a open receiver better than almost any other QB in the league and even when they are not open with his arm strength he can gt them open. The guys does not hold almost every passing record in the NFL for just showing up each week.

We have made great RB's phenomenal and so so RBs into great ones this year with our defense.

We do not have any AJ Hawk on this team either..

TXBRONC
10-24-2007, 08:42 PM
You expect way to much.. Has not happened in like forever, none of Jays games and a few of the games that Jake played in maybe be even back to the 2005 season where Jake had a gazillion passes with out a pick.

Farve is the consummate QB he will find a open receiver better than almost any other QB in the league and even when they are not open with his arm strength he can gt them open. The guys does not hold almost every passing record in the NFL for just showing up each week.

We have made great RB's phenomenal and so so RBs into great ones this year with our defense.

What was it you were saying about not issuing your "sky is falling" warning? You just did it here.

And by the way, the Packers don't have Bailey and Bly or do they have D.J. Williams.

FRITZ
10-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi, I'm Fritz, been a Packer Fan since '58. I hope that you guys really take it easy on us. I don't really know if we are that good for a 5 and 1 team.

GO PACK GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omac
10-26-2007, 01:46 PM

I agree, tough not only for Denver, but for any team to play without INTs or fumbles; to do that, we'd have to be ultra-conservative on offense, and that's no longer the direction Denver's taking as it ran it's course and came up short.

Good thing for us, the same things that make Favre so great is the same thing that gives us opportunities. Favre can throw interceptions, and he still forces some throws.

... the key word being "have made"; against us, Willie Parker ran for 93 yards; he's rushed for over 100 yards against 4 of his 5 previous opponents, and he currently averages 100 yards a game, 2nd in the NFL to Adrian Peterson. I think we can safely say the Broncos didn't make this great runningback look phenomenal, just great a few times and not so great at others, all this despite not having any AJ Hawk. :beer:

omac
10-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Here's a stat to balance out their weak rushing game ... 5 or their 6 opponents are ranked in the top 10 against the run (4, 5, 6, 8, 10). Against their only opponent who's been a bit weak against the run, Chicago, they've accumulated 120 yards rushing. They'll now be facing a run defense that's been horrendous against the run the first 5 weeks of the season, before turning it around in week 7. This is not an easy game, specially if Favre goes against his instincts and calls running plays more often.

Lonestar
10-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Here's a stat to balance out their weak rushing game ... 5 or their 6 opponents are ranked in the top 10 against the run (4, 5, 6, 8, 10). Against their only opponent who's been a bit weak against the run, Chicago, they've accumulated 120 yards rushing. They'll now be facing a run defense that's been horrendous against the run the first 5 weeks of the season, before turning it around in week 7. This is not an easy game, specially if Favre goes against his instincts and calls running plays more often.

Good post no one else took the time to look at who GB played and how they rushed against them..

omac
10-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Good post no one else took the time to look at who GB played and how they rushed against them..

Thanks, man. :cheers:

Joel
10-28-2007, 04:15 AM
They are 5 - 1...

While that does not designate that they are a power house or anything it should show they are no slouch.
Yeah, but this is why people do power rankings even though they're a colossal pain in the butt to calculate: GB is 5-1, and that's good; they're 5-1 against:

Philly (13-16 at GB),
NY (G) (35-13),
San Diego (24-31 at GB)
Minnesota (23-16)
Chicago (27-20 at GB)
Washington (14-17 at GB)

That's only one loss, but there's only two winning teams among the five they beat:

The Giants lost their first two to Dallas and GB before beating Washington (4-2), Philly (2-4), the Jets (1-6), Atlanta (1-6) and San Fransisco.

Washington beat Miami (0-7) and Philly (2-4) before NY beat them, they beat Detroit (4-2, the only winning team they beat), they lost to GB and they beat Arizona (3-4). So, yeah, Green Bay's 5-1, having played a total of two winning teams, who in turn have played six winning teams in thirteen games; their combined records in those games is 2-4 (it's really more like 1-3, because one game was Washington vs. NY).

Of course, the only way to make this perspective truly indicative is to then look at who Washington and New Yorks opponents played, and so on down the line until we go through every game played thus far this season, which is what makes real power rankings so tedious, but, briefly, Washingtons only winning opponent other than GB was the Lions, who played Chokeland, Minnesota, Philly (who scored 56 points on them... ) Chicago and Tampa; no winners in the bunch. NYs only winning opponent other than GB is Dallas, who've played NY, Miami, Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo, NE and Minnesota; two winning teams, but only one that Dallas beat (the Giants).

All of THAT said, the Packers leading rusher has 202 yards, but their defense is frightening; it's given up an average of 17.7 points per game, while our offense has averaged 17.8. It's the Leagues worst rushing offense against its worst rushing defense, but if Favre takes advantage of our ailing starting corners or GBs brutal D shuts down Henry and harries Cutler it could be an ugly game for us. The line has to protect Cutler and block for Henry, and it'd be awfully nice if OUR D could put some pressure on Favre, who's usually good for a couple picks in a close game.

This is NOT an easy win for us though, and all you have to do is take a look at Green Bays depth chart (specifically, the defensive side) to see why:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthchart?team=GB

They still have KGB and Kampmann, plus Charles Woodson to cover our depleted receiving corps and Nick Barnett and A.J. Hawk to address Graham, Schef and Henry. Justin Harrells' out, but this isn't a gimme; the NFL doesn't have those. Just ask the Lions team Philly beat 56-21....

Escobar
10-29-2007, 10:56 PM
crow eating time.:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
crow eating time.:salute:

Take it to smack forum

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:02 PM

boy were you so off base it is not even funny

no win is an easy win for this team (when they actually win)

Escobar
10-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Take it to smack forum

its not smack.....what are u talking about...just here to inform...:rolleyes:

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM

it was pretty brash to predict anyting is easy for this team
when the wins were by 1, 3, 3

a whole TD, whoopie.

topscribe
10-29-2007, 11:19 PM

That was smack. Now you have two Mods telling you.

-----

Rick
10-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Mods no need to call out the one guy saying crow eating time.

It really isn't any more smack to say that then to claim we are going to crush GB.

If you are going to call out one call them both out.

Just a thought.