PDA

View Full Version : Ihope TD is better than ELWAY at drafting !

Chef Zambini
04-27-2012, 05:16 PM
TD steps to the mike tonight! I hope he does a better job on day 2 than EFX did on day one! they traded away TWO first round picks and did NOTHING to fill posoitions of NEED ! meanwhile the players and teams that received those vacated spots are being PRAISED by all !

Chef Zambini
04-27-2012, 05:19 PM
what is the PRIMARY objective of the draft?
aquire NEEDED talent that helps your team to win.
OR....
save money.
What was the bronco focus on day one?
FAILURE is my assesment !

MOtorboat
04-27-2012, 05:19 PM
They moved back all of 11 spots. The talent pool at 25 is the same as it is at 36 in this draft.

Don't be fooled by the first round vs. second round label.

Likewise, 31 vs. 36, there just isn't that big of a difference.

NightTerror218
04-27-2012, 05:23 PM
We received a 4th rounder AND moved up something like 15 spots with the other 4th rounder when we traded spots with TB.

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 05:24 PM
They moved back all of 11 spots. The talent pool at 25 is the same as it is at 36 in this draft.

Don't be fooled by the first round vs. second round label.

Likewise, 31 vs. 36, there just isn't that big of a difference.

I'm fine with trading back but don't miss on Doug Martin. That's my only beef. Other than that yes the talent pool is pretty much the same.

MOtorboat
04-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Meh, I'm glad they didn't fixate on one player and reach. I'm going to be frustrated if 36 is a quarterback. I won't be frustrated if they package some of those fourths for a third and pick a quarterback. Does that make sense?

Ravage!!!
04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
OR....
save money.

Shocking.

I don't see how you can even have the SLIGHTEST of guesses as to how the draft turned out yet. Just because you wanted a first round pick, doesn't make it the smartest of decisions.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Meh, I'm glad they didn't fixate on one player and reach. I'm going to be frustrated if 36 is a quarterback. I won't be frustrated if they package some of those fourths for a third and pick a quarterback. Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me. Don't use a 2nd round pick on any of the QBs that are out there....but if you can get one in the third, go for it.

NightTerror218
04-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Makes sense to me. Don't use a 2nd round pick on any of the QBs that are out there....but if you can get one in the third, go for it.

I can see them trading up for him in the 3rd hoping by giving up a low 6th.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I totally agree with a comment I heard earlier today from one of the sports people on the radio - comment - "people need to remember that the Broncos' draft actually started in free agency".

Ravage!!!
04-27-2012, 05:34 PM
I can see them trading up for him in the 3rd hoping by giving up a low 6th.

Osweiler? I'm thinking that one of our 2nd round picks will be used on him. But I also think we move up by packaging some 4ths...whether thats moving up into the third, or using the third and fourth to move into the 2nd.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2012, 05:35 PM
I totally agree with a comment I heard earlier today from one of the sports people on the radio - comment - "people need to remember that the Broncos' draft actually started in free agency".

Like I said prior to the draft....to me, it doesn't matter what we draft because we ABSOLUTELY won in FA. We came out HUGE winners with Manning and everything in the draft is just sprinkles on top the cup-cake.

NightTerror218
04-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Osweiler? I'm thinking that one of our 2nd round picks will be used on him. But I also think we move up by packaging some 4ths...whether thats moving up into the third, or using the third and fourth to move into the 2nd.

I have seen a lot of people having him early 3rd. But i honestly think mid to late 2nd. I hope for early 3rd and we trade up there for him. That is more hopes and dreams then reality. Reality is that he is the best QB on the board right now and just above Cousins unless there is a shocker of a pick.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I have seen a lot of people having him early 3rd. But i honestly think mid to late 2nd. I hope for early 3rd and we trade up there for him. That is more hopes and dreams then reality. Reality is that he is the best QB on the board right now and just above Cousins unless there is a shocker of a pick.

Exactly. That being said, I won't be surprised if we take him with our first 2nd. But at the same time, I don't think we are like McDaniels and willing to throw away the draft purely to focus in on a single guy we want. Alllllll depends on just how highly Elway thinks of Osweiler, obviously.

MOtorboat
04-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Exactly. That being said, I won't be surprised if we take him with our first 2nd. But at the same time, I don't think we are like McDaniels and willing to throw away the draft purely to focus in on a single guy we want. Alllllll depends on just how highly Elway thinks of Osweiler, obviously.

This regime isn't working on the Belichekian short list philosophy...

Northman
04-27-2012, 06:01 PM
OR....
save money.

Good thing your not running the team.