PDA

View Full Version : Elway explains slide down draft board

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 04:31 PM
After reading the transcript from John Elway’s press briefing Thursday night, it is clear to see why the Broncos traded down twice and eventually out of the first round.

They didn’t think anybody was worthy of a first-round pick where they were picking and they wanted to add picks. Denver now has the No. 36 pick in the second round and added No. 101, in the fourth round. Denver has two picks in the second round, one in the third round and three in the fourth round. I would be surprised if the Broncos don’t try to add another third-round pick and get four picks on Friday.

I think Denver decided to trade down once defensive tackles Dontari Poe, Fletcher Cox and Michael Brockers were off the board by the 14th pick. Denver originally had the No. 25 pick, then traded to No. 31 before going to No. 36.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/43290/elway-explains-slide-down-draft-board

LTC Pain
04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Nice research Pyle.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/386793-Elway-Explains-the-Slide-Down-the-Draft-Board

Chef Zambini
04-27-2012, 05:00 PM
we NEED anILB, we gave him away to the pats! hightower, right there for us! we no likey?
BB likey very much! traded UP for the first time in 8 years to get a player kind of LIKEY !
second best runner in the draft, we piss him away too!
who we got to run the ball this year, hello?
if our options were so POOR at 25 and 31, then why is EVERYONE praising the teams that took those players in those spots?
sorry, we look stoopid right now, regardless of expanations !

claymore
04-27-2012, 05:02 PM
we need anilb, we gave him away to the pats! Hightower, right there for us! We no likey?
bb likey very much! Traded up for the first time in 8 years to get a player kind of likey !
Second best runner in the draft, we piss him away too!
Who we got to run the ball this year, hello?
If our options were so poor at 25 and 31, then why is everyone praising the teams that took those players in those spots?
Sorry, we look stoopid right now, regardless of expanations !lmao

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Nice research Pyle.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/386793-Elway-Explains-the-Slide-Down-the-Draft-Board

My bad...I didnt check the draft section.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2012, 05:30 PM
we NEED anILB, we gave him away to the pats! hightower, right there for us! we no likey?
BB likey very much! traded UP for the first time in 8 years to get a player kind of LIKEY !
second best runner in the draft, we piss him away too!
who we got to run the ball this year, hello?
if our options were so POOR at 25 and 31, then why is EVERYONE praising the teams that took those players in those spots?
sorry, we look stoopid right now, regardless of expanations !

Belicheck doesn't exactly have the best records when it comes to the draft. I think its a good sign that we passed on him if Belicheck liked him.

:lol: "why is everyone praising them"...as if that pays a single ounce of dividends to the play on the field? Who cares. The only thing that matters is the product at the end, not a "guess" on what it may be.