PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Chiefs 1994

Spiritguy
05-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey folks, they're playing the Broncos vs Chiefs game from 17 Oct 1994 on NFLN Monday (4 May) at 6pm mountain time. It's the 3 hour "classic" game, Elway vs Montana.

Ravage!!!
05-03-2009, 06:12 PM
great game....

Magnificent Seven
05-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Lost to the Chiefs at Mile High Stadium. Montana scored a touchdown in the last minutes in 4th quarter.

hotcarl
05-03-2009, 07:13 PM
thanks tv guide

:rolleyes:

Magnificent Seven
05-05-2009, 02:58 AM
Broncos Fans were awesome and loud. I turned the volume up and enjoyed listening the loudest crowd.

Simple Jaded
05-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Did anybody else notice the replay of John Elway making the same exact F'up that Cutler had in the Hockuli game? Against the Chargers again, no less, the ball came out of Elway's hand right into Seau's hands.......

nevcraw
05-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Did anybody else notice the replay of John Elway making the same exact F'up that Cutler had in the Hockuli game? Against the Chargers again, no less, the ball came out of Elway's hand right into Seau's hands.......

actualy the whole game reminded me of last year.. pourous defense with no pass rush and a hell bent QB trying the to squeeze the ball in everywhere..

Shazam!
05-05-2009, 08:53 AM
It was one of the early 90's more frustrating and depressing losses to me up to the Jax game. Jubilation followed by awe inspired anger. I wouldn't want to see a play of that game, no matter how exciting the defeat.

actualy the whole game reminded me of last year.. pourous defense with no pass rush and a hell bent QB trying the to squeeze the ball in everywhere..

I would take the '94 Broncos defense anyday before last season's. It was that pathetic.

Flatinum
05-05-2009, 09:54 AM
It was one of the early 90's more frustrating and depressing losses to me up to the Jax game. Jubilation followed by awe inspired anger. I wouldn't want to see a play of that game, no matter how exciting the defeat.

I would take the '94 Broncos defense anyday before last season's. It was that pathetic.

Same here, so I watched right up until Elway put them ahead. Don't recall what happened after that.

T.K.O.
05-05-2009, 10:04 AM

that game was on my birthday and i was jumping up and down when elway ran it in...then ARGHHHH my b-day was ruined by joe montana,pulled an elway on elway IT SUCKED !

Dirk
05-05-2009, 10:14 AM
that game was on my birthday and i was jumping up and down when elway ran it in...then ARGHHHH my b-day was ruined by joe montana,pulled an elway on elway IT SUCKED !

Yeah that game was a drag. I remember it well because me and my cousin always bickered about which QB, Elway or Montana is better. He said that Montana just put the nail in the coffin on the discussion. :lol:

I told him to shut up! :coffee:

Thnikkaman
05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
My late step dad ribbed me for a while after that one. I was so pissed. He was such a baka tako.

Greatspirits
05-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I watch it until the last minute then I shut it off. Any time the Queefs beat us it makes me sick!

Nomad
05-05-2009, 01:05 PM
The only thing watching this game last night made me feel is that time flies by so fast and how I miss Mile High and the uniforms. I asked my sons which ones they like better the current ones or the ones on TV and they both said the ones on TV (no influence from me:D) I remember watching that game with my roommates(lived in a rent house), had just turned 21 in Aug, was in the military, and times were good though the '94 season was a rough season for home games as well. If I remember correctly I believe the BRONCOS lost the first and last games of the season and I think they were at Mile High.

Magnificent Seven
05-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Denver Broncos would win if Milburn DIDN'T fumble in punting game. He fumbled the ball and Chiefs recovered it. That was a big key for Chiefs to win.

getlynched47
05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
That game was friggin crazy!!

Magnificent Seven
05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
That game was friggin crazy!!

I love when John Elway runs and scored a touchdown. Spiked a ball and celebrated hard with the fans. Love it!

Shazam!
05-05-2009, 09:19 PM
If by 'friggin' crazy' you mean nauseatingly disgusting, I am with you.

Sharpe on the sideline at the end...

"C'mon D! C'mon D! C'mon D!"

A few minutes later...

"Someone make a play! Someone make a play! Someone make a play!"

A minute later...

"Oh my God."

Those kinds of painful losses that I found so devastating I never want to see them again. Like the AFCCG loss in Buffalo.

nevcraw
05-05-2009, 09:30 PM
If by 'friggin' crazy' you mean nauseatingly disgusting, I am with you.

Sharpe on the sideline at the end...

"C'mon D! C'mon D! C'mon D!"

A few minutes later...

"Someone make a play! Someone make a play! Someone make a play!"

A minute later...

"Oh my God."

Those kinds of painful losses that I found so devastating I never want to see them again. Like the AFCCG loss in Buffalo.

and the 05 AFCCG

Shazam!
05-06-2009, 01:16 AM
If Elway had been able to go the whole game in Buffalo, I believe they would've won a close game. 2005 was an embarassment.

Magnificent Seven
05-06-2009, 01:22 AM
If Elway had been able to go the whole game in Buffalo, I believe they would've won a close game. 2005 was an embarassment.

Super Bowl 24 was an embarrassment!

49ers 55 Broncos 10

Shazam!
05-06-2009, 01:47 AM
2005 was at home in the Playoffs. Don't compare it to SF. Denver wasn't as good as the teams they faced but they were also some of the best squads of all time, like the 86 NYG. If Treadwell had made the FGs that he missed, Denver would've won the game. Who knows what woulda happened then?

I'm getting sick.

sneakers
05-06-2009, 01:58 AM
oh I hated that game....I refuse to watch it. EVER!

jrelway
05-06-2009, 10:23 AM
that was pretty painful to watch again at the end. it was good seeing DS49 and meck on the field though.

lex
05-07-2009, 10:39 PM
NFLN likes to show the 2004 snow game vs the Raiders a lot too. And the other day I saw that the 2005 AFC Championship game was on. It seems as though they like to show a lot of games the Broncos lose. I havent really seen the 2005 playoff game vs New England THAT often. That was a good game and it was NEs first playoff loss under Bradichick. Perhaps this is why they rarely show it.

Dirk
05-08-2009, 06:33 AM
NFLN likes to show the 2004 snow game vs the Raiders a lot too. And the other day I saw that the 2005 AFC Championship game was on. It seems as though they like to show a lot of games the Broncos lose. I havent really seen the 2005 playoff game vs New England THAT often. That was a good game and it was NEs first playoff loss under Bradichick. Perhaps this is why they rarely show it.

Unfortunately, the national media in sports doesn't like to give Denver any accolades unless they "have to" when they win championships.

Well they will be giving us more air time within the next 5 years because I see us being winners in at least 3 of those years. Deep in the playoffs and maybe even the SB in the 3rd year of McD's tenure!