PDA

View Full Version : sooo...who ya want at 36?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
We have the 4th pick of round 2. DT is the obvious pick, right??? Well after pick #30 I may have agreed. However, since Wilson and Martin went bye bye, we may need to grab Lamar Miller while we can. A LOT of DTs would have to be drafted for us to NOT get one at 57.

Also, I still like the idea of grabbing another OLB. W/ Upshaw still around, I'd be giddy if we grabbed him.

NightTerror218
04-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I am thinking they grab Worthy/Reyes/Miller there and then trade up for Osweiler at some point.

Northman
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
#36- Jerel Worthy
#57- Trumain Johnson or Chris Polk
#87- Brock Osweiler or Isaiah Pead

Broncomarkie
04-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Doesn't matter..we are so good, we traded out of the first round and all we got was a extra 4th rounder..SUPERBOWL!!!

shank
04-26-2012, 10:53 PM
As much as I want a DT I am liking the idea of Jonathan Martin at 36. That pick allows Franklin to move inside and shores up 2 positions.

That, Worhty, Reyes, or Miller and I'm high fiving myself in the mirror.

tubby
04-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Lavonte David

BeefStew25
04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Kind of confusing today.

dogfish
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
i'd take any of worthy/reyes/thompson, but i'm kind of expecting lamarr miller, or maybe trumaine johnson or one of the 2nd tier corners. . .

DenBronx
04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
I am thinking they grab Worthy/Reyes/Miller there and then trade up for Osweiler at some point.

No need to trade up for him tomorrow. Who else is looking for a 2-3 round project QB? You think Tebow was a project? Well buckle up because here comes a lanky project who gets lost in the pocket alot. His release is low and gets alot of balls batted down, now imagine what the NFL will do to him.

Kellen Moore from Boise will be the better pro QB and can get him very late. Yeah he's only 6ft but tell that to Brees and Flutie.

Nick
04-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Janoris Jenkins FTW

I would also be fine with trading down again and grabbing one of the DT's and whom ever falls in Rueben Randle, Courtney Upshaw, Cordy Glenn, That Midwestern State guard, Jonathan Martin. None of these DT's are worth it at our spot IMO

I am sure some team will over pay after sleeping on it staring at the player they want at our selection... maybe we can get a 3rd and move down.

shank
04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
janoris would be a risk, but it's one that intrigues me.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Glenn would be the best value, I'd see him over Martin if they go that route...

Next value would be Z Brown because of the speed which Fox loves... I'm beginning to think Miller was just a smokescreen...

I'll stick with my gut... Reyes at 36...

But... I'm afraid it's going to be Osweiler...

G_Money
04-27-2012, 12:16 AM
I refuse to speculate - the Broncos would no doubt pass up on him because I said something.

My mouth is f'in SHUT. We'll see if I can smile tomorrow. Or Day Three. Whenever we decide to make a pick.

~G

shank
04-27-2012, 12:17 AM

Next value would be Z Brown because of the speed which Fox loves... I'm beginning to think Miller was just a smokescreen...

Glenn doesn't fit IMO. the whole reason we would take a T is because we have a tweener playing there already, why would we take another one?

dogfish
04-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Glenn doesn't fit IMO. the whole reason we would take a T is because we have a tweener playing there already, why would we take another one?

to be the mauler at left guard that beadles can never be, if elway convinced peyton he's better throwing 25-30 times per game than 35-40. . .

SpringsBroncoFan
04-27-2012, 12:22 AM

Because his footwork is superior to Franklin & you still get the run blocker Fox covets... you can start Glenn at G and if/when Franklin fails to protect Peyton you move him over... or you just let them fight it out in camp...

shank
04-27-2012, 12:24 AM
i want martin at RT and move franklin inside to be that guy. shores up 2 positions instead of leaving franklin outside to continue to be only ok in pass protection for our shiny new potentially fragile quarterback.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-27-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm not sold on Martin at RT, LT yes - but we don't need one. I think Glenn makes a better RT than Martin...

dogfish
04-27-2012, 12:28 AM
i want martin at RT and move franklin inside to be that guy. shores up 2 positions instead of leaving franklin outside to continue to be only ok in pass protection for our shiny new potentially fragile quarterback.

works for me. . .

we really have no way to know which of those options the FO prefers until we see what they do tomorrow. . . do we want a superior RT for pass pro, or will we continue to build a fox type of roster? martin suits the former-- franklin at tackle with glenn inside suits the latter better, as franklin is more of a true bulldozer in the run game. . . i'm operating on the assumption that they're okay with orlando at OT because we didn't even look at any vet tackles in FA to hedge our bets. . . . we shall see in the next day or two. . .

dogfish
04-27-2012, 12:31 AM
also, if we wanted to upgrade RT. . . wouldn't we have moved up a couple sopts past detroit to get reiff, who looks like a more natural and complete right tackle than franklin, glenn, or martin?

Ziggy
04-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Worthy
Konz
Silatolu
Glenn
Still
Miller
Ta'Amu
Martin
Upshaw

Give me any of those and I'll be happy. Most of them could have been justified with the 25th pick.

SoCalImport
04-27-2012, 06:09 AM
right now there are a few that I#d LOVE to see EFX grab at 36 IF they're there but only one is standing out to me right now as potentially huge difference maker to the Broncos in the upcoming season. It's obvious. It's Lamar Miller.

silkamilkamonico
04-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Franklin is an NFL T, not a G. He had good games and bad games last year like every NFL rookie. Drafting another guy in the second round isn't much of an upgrade over Franklin if any, but it also takes away the only other quality player this regime drafted last year outside of Miller.

Franklin is going to be fine at RT.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2012, 07:52 AM
At 36 I want:

Jenkins
Worthy
Still
Reyes
Miller
Glenn

In that order.

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 07:55 AM
No need to trade up for him tomorrow. Who else is looking for a 2-3 round project QB? You think Tebow was a project? Well buckle up because here comes a lanky project who gets lost in the pocket alot. His release is low and gets alot of balls batted down, now imagine what the NFL will do to him.

Kellen Moore from Boise will be the better pro QB and can get him very late. Yeah he's only 6ft but tell that to Brees and Flutie.

Why do people compare short QB's too Brees and Flutie? FLutie was never good and Brees...with his arm length and release point...is about the same as a 6'4" QB. It's not even close to the same in comparison. Say NO to the short QB's

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Anyone of about 20 players left have the same grade. Upshaw is the one I would avoid (as many other teams did last night). Dude has bust written all over him

LTC Pain
04-27-2012, 08:26 AM
At 36 I want:

Jenkins
Worthy
Still
Reyes
Miller
Glenn

In that order.

Worthy
Still
Jenkins
Reyes
Miller

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 08:42 AM
lol ltc Im seeing a trend in your picks

LTC Pain
04-27-2012, 08:44 AM
lol ltc Im seeing a trend in your picks

If the Broncos could get Worthy/Still at #36 then Miller/Jenkins at #57 I would be a pig in slop :)

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 08:45 AM
If the Broncos could get Worthy/Still at #36 then Miller/Jenkins at #57 I would be a pig in slop :)

I think they's have to take Jenkins with 36 and then use a 4th and their 2nd to move up and get Thompson.

underrated29
04-27-2012, 09:02 AM

Not a smoke screen.....they are obsessed with miller. Still, its been said that our first pick will be offense and not rb.....I have a Terri le feeling that it will be fleener. If not him than miller, winn, Alameda or worthy. I hope not winn

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Not a smoke screen.....they are obsessed with miller. Still, its been said that our first pick will be offense and not rb.....I have a Terri le feeling that it will be fleener. If not him than miller, winn, Alameda or worthy. I hope not winn

Interesting. Everything I see is that they dont like Miller at all

Slick
04-27-2012, 10:48 AM
As long as it isn't Osweiller, I'll be happy.

Superchop 7
04-27-2012, 10:51 AM
If their goal is Reyes or Still they are playing the board perfectly. As for Jenkins....I think he is one of those guys that once he gets a paycheck he will become the next Maurice Clarrett. For 2 years Nike invited his high school to 7 on 7 games.....both times the players stole things from Nike.....this is the kind of guy that moves next door and you put a for sale sign on your home.

Superchop 7
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
and HELL NO to Osweiler !! (Gotta love how Pittsburgh just quietly sat there and took a bad ass.....thats why they have the rings)

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2012, 11:52 AM

There is no way Indy passes on Fleener...right?

I mean, they have NO TE. Fleener is a great prospect and already has experience w/ Andrew Luck. No brainer???

hotcarl
04-27-2012, 12:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QYsqKjojhI

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 12:03 PM
There is no way Indy passes on Fleener...right?

I mean, they have NO TE. Fleener is a great prospect and already has experience w/ Andrew Luck. No brainer???

Perhaps...but Hill or Randle might be better options at WR

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Perhaps...but Hill or Randle might be better options at WR

blech...I'd put mney that Fleener would be a better WR than either of them if someone moved him to WR. Randle is poo.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Interesting. Everything I see is that they dont like Miller at all

Lammey and I tweeted back and forth about it, we both preferred martin but he has asserted several times that the Broncos prefer Miller

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
janoris would be a risk, but it's one that intrigues me.

That's my thought on him. Top half of the first round talent with some off-field risk usually means 2nd round pick. Although the recent issues with Perrish Cox have me kind wary of bad character dudes...

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2012, 12:57 PM
blech...I'd put mney that Fleener would be a better WR than either of them if someone moved him to WR. Randle is poo.

You might be right. My daughter goes to GT so I watched all of Hill's games this year and for all his athletic freak-ness (which is legit) his hands are pretty suspect. I saw him drop way too many catchable balls last year. He is damned near impossible to cover, but his hands/concentration help the defense a little too often...

weazel
04-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I say they trade the 36 for the 59 and 74 then trade both of those and Goodman to get the 46

SoCalImport
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I say they trade the 36 for the 59 and 74 then trade both of those and Goodman to get the 46

oh stop pretending you don't LOVE the trades so far.

Lancane
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Lammey and I tweeted back and forth about it, we both preferred martin but he has asserted several times that the Broncos prefer Miller

The chatter I am hearing is far different, I'm hearing that they're not targeting Miller or Polk at this point and feel that Turbin, Ballard or Pierce can be had for better value possibly on day three.

And I have to admit, I'm far from a Miller fan (just the way it is), he reminds me of Knowshon Moreno - better in open space, not real physical, relies far too much on speed, struggles once contact is made, not to mention I see limited upside, and Moreno had a better repertoire of skills coming out of college.

But we'll know in a few more hours...

Northman
04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
The chatter I am hearing is far different, I'm hearing that they're not targeting Miller or Polk at this point and feel that Turbin, Ballard or Pierce can be had for better value possibly on day three.

And I have to admit, I'm far from a Miller fan (just the way it is), he reminds me of Knowshon Moreno - better in open space, not real physical, relies far too much on speed, struggles once contact is made, not to mention I see limited upside, and Moreno had a better repertoire of skills coming out of college.

But we'll know in a few more hours...

I wouldnt mind Ballard at all.

underrated29
04-27-2012, 01:51 PM
ok, so it was an OL player we were wanting but there is a player or two that is still on the board, prob when we pick they were not counting on and are thinking of diverting from our original plan and taking this player.

To me that is Janoris or Miller or worthy. Its also been said that a player trade might happen--DJ?- who knows. Maybe DJ to car and pick for stewie. then we can take Jenkins at 36 and our OL guy at 57, plus I still think we trade up again for a thompson or wolfe--just speculating on that. If we dont do the player trade we could always land polk later.....BUt I think it will still be miller. We love him.

trent r
miller
ray rice
polk
turbin
turbin/polk

Lancane
04-27-2012, 02:10 PM
I wouldnt mind Ballard at all.

Not to mention that Miller doesn't fit the running back mold that Fox is known for, he likes physicality from his tailbacks and Miller is far from physical. Seriously, I think people just want a Triple M backfield for some lame ass purposes.

Northman
04-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Not to mention that Miller doesn't fit the running back mold that Fox is known for, he likes physicality from his tailbacks and Miller is far from physical. Seriously, I think people just want a Triple M backfield for some lame ass purposes.

Agreed.

CrazyHorse
04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Kendall Reyes, Jerel Worthy, or even Lamar Miller. No Janoris Jenkins or Brock Osweiler. I think we'll get our QB later with Kirk Cousins.

Lancane
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
The most likely pick at 36 will either be Kendall Reyes, Jerel Worthy or Jonathan Martin if he is still available. I don't see Denver drafting Miller, hell...I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down again for more picks either.

underrated29
04-27-2012, 02:31 PM
The most likely pick at 36 will either be Kendall Reyes, Jerel Worthy or Jonathan Martin if he is still available. I don't see Denver drafting Miller, hell...I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down again for more picks either.

OL- Glenn or Konz.