PDA

View Full Version : Joe Ellis

Superchop 7
05-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Feel free to post articles/ opinions.

FirsPublished on Sunday, March 26, 2000 in the Boulder Camera
Denver Broncos Rally for George W. Bush; Team's Apology Reeks Of Big-League Corporate Spin
by Donald Wilkerson
:welcome: The Broncos told Adams that the entire event was a miscalculation made by Bronco Vice President of Business Operations Joe Ellis. Ellis is Bush's cousin. He admitted to Adams that he was a bit overzealous in convincing the organization to sponsor the event for his candidate cousin. He claims that the event wasn't meant to be a corporate "endorsement" of Bush. His intention was merely to "greet" a famous personality who just happened to be in town. He explained that he thought the criticism of Shanahan was especially unfair, because Ellis was the one who asked Shanahan to play such a prominent role in the rally.

t one is his Bush debacle.

Superchop 7
05-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Ted Sundquist is gone. And filling in some of his responsibilities will be Joe Ellis — the Broncos’ COO (Chief Operating Officer).

Joey, let me give you a very unofficial early review of your job performance thus far…

You suck.

Axing Andrew Mason… bad call. VERY bad call.

Maybe you don’t own a computer or you’re a technophobe. It would have to be one of those two, as this decision was obviously made by someone who hasn’t been to the broncos website, blog pages or forums and has no idea what Andrew Mason has created and maintained among fans around the world.

Andrew Mason has not only run one of the top 10 NFL websites (according to hits), he has also created an incredible web community of Denver fans. He did more for your organization than 50 other staffers combined, because he connected with and communicated with tens of thousand of people each year. Mason’s coverage of our team was the envy of the league. Fan’s of other teams hate us for the type of total coverage Andrew provided while they got almost nothing on their team’s site.

This move further demonstrates the total disconnect your front office has with it’s fans.

And I do not buy into the notion that Andrew Mason’s salary was in some way impacting your fiscal budget. Did you really think anyone is going to buy that load of crap? I guess your Director of Media Relations (Paul Kirk) could have warned you that this wasn’t a wise move, but since you also fired him today he probably wasn’t in a mood to help ya out much.

This all brings me to my most important point, Joe… Who the heck can you bring in that could do half the job Mason did?

Answer? …?

Yeah, you’ll probably have to think about that one for a bit… um, and that calculator won’t help you with this one. As it turns out, fans are totally into this thing call loyalty.

Superchop 7
05-03-2009, 12:08 PM
JOE ELLIS HAS THE JUICE IN DENVER
Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2009, 7:54 a.m. EST
One thing that has become abundantly clear in the wake of the termination of Mike Shanahan and the hiring of Josh McDaniels is that COO Joe Ellis (who?) has become one of the most powerful figures in the Broncos organization.

And so Ellis is the latest in a line of Tom Lewands and Paul Vances and (though he carries the title of G.M.) Mike Tannenbaums – Don Draper-types who used a mastery of the intricate rules of the salary cap to position themselves to have significant influence over the football operation while having no accountability for on-field failure because, after all, they’re not football guys (as Lewand emphasized a couple of weeks ago in the press conference introducing him as the team’s president).

That’s why there’s a good chance that, even though the Broncos currently have two employees who carry the title of “assistant G.M.,” there likely won’t be a General Manager hired, at least not from outside the organization.

It’s our understanding that the three-headed operation of Jim Goodman the father, Jim Goodman the son, and Brian Xanders, all put in place by Shanahan, will continue to run the show, at least for now. Helping their cases was a solid 2008 draft, which resulted in the addition of players like tackle Ryan Clady, receiver Eddie Royal, running back Ryan Torain, and running back Peyton Hillis.

Superchop 7
05-03-2009, 12:22 PM
“Nobody in pro sports can afford to operate in a vacuum with a division between football and business operations anymore,” Ellis said Friday.

Superchop 7
05-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include Cook, who led the discussions in the conference call a week ago that included Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis, and in the meeting Saturday with McDaniels and Xanders.

Superchop 7
05-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Bowlen said that while he is involved in every facet of the organization, Ellis, his confidant, has been given more power in the restructuring since Shanahan was fired. "Joe is handling all the things I'm not particularly interested in, making more major decisions," he said.

Ellis, who was director of marketing when Bowlen bought the majority ownership of the Broncos in 1984, has served in several executive capacities. He was named COO last year. Ellis, several sources say, was instrumental in getting Bowlen to agree to fire Shanahan, hire McDaniels (Ellis alone met with the new coach for a second interview) and trade Cutler

BroncoTech
05-03-2009, 01:48 PM
They fired Andrew Mason? As a fan out here in California I get most of my info over the net. Andrew Mason represented the voice of the Denver Broncos easily as much as Dave Logan or even Bob Martin. It's a very sad day in Broncoland if he is indeed gone. I agree that they won't find a better guy.

This Ellis guy is enough to make me think, what the hell, Oakland is just 4 exits up the freeway. They need fans to marvel at their bafoonery too. I'm just sayin'.

Buff
05-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Andrew Mason got fired like a year ago...

Chop, why don't you just tell us what you are getting at instead of posting a bunch of old news stories with no links?

Ravage!!!
05-03-2009, 01:54 PM
"And so Ellis is the latest in a line of Tom Lewands and Paul Vances and (though he carries the title of G.M.) Mike Tannenbaums – Don Draper-types who used a mastery of the intricate rules of the salary cap to position themselves to have significant influence over the football operation while having no accountability for on-field failure because, after all, they’re not football guys (as Lewand emphasized a couple of weeks ago in the press conference introducing him as the team’s president)."

I think this quote says it all. Hearing how Ellis was instrumental in the decisions to fire Shanahan and trade Cutler.... is very bothersome to me.

topscribe
05-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Building your post count, Chop? :lol:

-----

GEM
05-03-2009, 02:32 PM
They fired Andrew Mason? As a fan out here in California I get most of my info over the net. Andrew Mason represented the voice of the Denver Broncos easily as much as Dave Logan or even Bob Martin. It's a very sad day in Broncoland if he is indeed gone. I agree that they won't find a better guy.

This Ellis guy is enough to make me think, what the hell, Oakland is just 4 exits up the freeway. They need fans to marvel at their bafoonery too. I'm just sayin'.

You must not have been getting info from Andrew Mason for quite awhile because he's been gone for awhile now. Last I heard he was with Carolina.

Foochacho
05-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Are you going to start making up gay nicknames for Joe Ellis now? Like Joe Ellanus or something stupid like that. Getting tired of crying about McDaniels so you have to start crying about other people too.

elsid13
05-03-2009, 03:39 PM
You must not have been getting info from Andrew Mason for quite awhile because he's been gone for awhile now. Last I heard he was with Carolina.

He is. According to folks that knew him on the Mane, he was pretty shocked that he got the ax. He actually "troll" all the sites to get idea about stories we the fans wanted to hear about.

I think the move was more of an opportunity to outsource the media to athird party that was willing to pay of the privilege.

Dean
05-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Are you going to start making up gay nicknames for Joe Ellis now? Like Joe Ellanus or something stupid like that. Getting tired of crying about McDaniels so you have to start crying about other people too.

:questionmark: What the ??? Get over it.

JKcatch724
05-03-2009, 04:14 PM
What the hell is this thread supposed to mean?

Superchop 7
05-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Hmmmm. I usually don't read posts.

But, since I did.

The point is to discuss Josephine the ballerina in a pink tutu Ellis. (gay enough for ya?)

I think the guy is a hack and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

He is pulling the trigger and his decisions are ...........

So, when you want someone to thank.........

Thank

Josephine nuthugger lispy voice Ellis

hotcarl
05-03-2009, 05:48 PM
i just farted

now im going to make a sandwich im thinking ham and cheese

after that who knows

be right back

*SHITS*

MOtorboat
05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
This thread is ******* retarded and doesn't deserve the bandwidth its taking up. Too bad it won't be deleted.

Foochacho
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
:questionmark: What the ??? Get over it.

I've been over it. That's what my post was about. I am sick of other people crying about who or why Jay is gone. Not quite sure why you are telling me to get over it?

rcsodak
05-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I think somebody needs a fricking vacation from football..... :coffee: