PDA

View Full Version : Three picks on night two

MOtorboat
04-26-2012, 09:58 PM
And I think there could be more.

36, 57 and 87 tomorrow and 3 4ths.

I expect more movement tomorrow from Denver.

Should be interesting.

Northman
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I hope we take some of the 4ths move back in the 3rd.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2012, 10:10 PM
I think some of this has to do w/ EFX wanting the project QB, but also not wanting to hurt what we need to fix now.

NightTerror218
04-26-2012, 10:17 PM
I think they want to have 2 2nds and be able to move around and get who they want in there. Osweiler and Worthy/Reyes I think was the plan the entire time. Or Osweiler and Lamar Miller and DT in 3rd.

Nomad
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
No to Osweiler...TIA John!

chazoe60
04-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Osweiler, Reyes, and Polk tomorrow and Mike Martin and OL depth Saturday.

Tned
04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
I think some of this has to do w/ EFX wanting the project QB, but also not wanting to hurt what we need to fix now.

I think they want to have 2 2nds and be able to move around and get who they want in there. Osweiler and Worthy/Reyes I think was the plan the entire time. Or Osweiler and Lamar Miller and DT in 3rd.

Yea, I think the project QB is very likely. Also, Lammey's been saying for a while that he thought the Broncos saw value at DT in the 3rd, and wouldn't pick one early. Granted, if Brokers or another top guy was at 25, that probably would have changed. So maybe they go with one of the RBs and Osweiler (the name I keep seeing thrown around from some of the beat guys) in the second and then a DT in the 3rd.

I thought the net result of those two trades, moving back 11 spots and picking up an early 4th was a little weak.

tubby
04-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Lavonte David
Lamar Miller
Brandon Thompson

Tned
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Cecil Lammey is predicting Lamar Miller and either Billy Winn or Ta'Amu.

Northman
04-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Cecil Lammey is predicting Lamar Miller and either Billy Winn or Ta'Amu.

Out of any of those i hope its Ta'Amu

Tned
04-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Out of any of those i hope its Ta'Amu

Ya, he's BIG. Don't know much about him other than that. Considering our problems getting run on up the middle, hopefully he could stuff the run, and also help Mays out at the ILB spot, by slowing down the up the middle run game.

Lancane
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm going to go with Brock Osweiler, with Brandon Weeden gone teams are going to target him sooner rather then later being considered by many as the fourth or fifth best quarterback in the draft. Arizona could target him with their woes at the position, and Osweiler would being from State be looked upon as a solid PR move, Buffalo, Kansas City and Philadelphia could all be looking early for a possible FCQB.

We're going to see Defensive Tackles slip more due to the value at offensive line, this could also force the running back group to thin somewhat. Denver could literally walk out of the draft tomorrow with Osweiler, Reyes and Turbin, all kids they've had pre-draft visits with.

Cugel
04-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Yea, I think the project QB is very likely. Also, Lammey's been saying for a while that he thought the Broncos saw value at DT in the 3rd, and wouldn't pick one early. Granted, if Brokers or another top guy was at 25, that probably would have changed. So maybe they go with one of the RBs and Osweiler (the name I keep seeing thrown around from some of the beat guys) in the second and then a DT in the 3rd.

I thought the net result of those two trades, moving back 11 spots and picking up an early 4th was a little weak.

The Broncos actually LOST VALUE on BOTH trades down, which is the OPPOSITE of what you're supposed to do! There's supposed to be a premium for moving up, not down!

The gave away too much to the Patriots. They had #25 worth 720 points, and got #31 worth 600 points. Lost 120. In exchange they got 4th round #126 = 46 points. They lost 74 points, which is equal to the fourteenth pick of the fourth round.

In short they lost substantially on the points over the two trades -- losing a total of 84 points or equal to the tenth pick of the 4th. The only justification is that they didn't like any of the players they had a choice of at #25.

But, let's not pretend that they Broncos got draft value by moving back. They didn't. They actually gave up the equivalent of a 4th round pick. :coffee:

shank
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
that chart is arbitrary! every draft is unique. if there is no player that the broncos value as the #25 pick in the draft, then the value for that pick does NOT equal 720 imaginary points.

RebelRocker
04-26-2012, 11:54 PM

This^^^

To me, this damn near guarantees us taking a project QB with one of those 4th round picks, at the latest. Also gives plenty of flexiblity to move around for more picks or trade back up into the 2nd-3rd.

Cugel
04-27-2012, 12:02 AM
that chart is arbitrary! every draft is unique. if there is no player that the broncos value as the #25 pick in the draft, then the value for that pick does NOT equal 720 imaginary points.

It doesn't matter what justifications you try to spin. The trades did NOT give them any value, so what was the point? Trade down just to trade down?

What use is that? So they can sign the player for a slightly cheaper salary?

And there WERE players they valued at #25, but felt they could get reasonably equivalent players at #36 -- and they're right.

But, unless you GET something of value for trading down, why do it? And they actually LOST value.

It's not that the total loss was that terrible in terms of points. It's just that the team that's trading down is SUPPOSED to get a PREMIUM for trading down. They're supposed to GET more than they give up or else WHY DO IT?

Only they didn't get ANYTHING so what was the purpose?

This is not a top 10 where you might argue that the players are getting extreme salaries so moving down saves you substantial money. There won't be that much difference here.

And why should saving Pat Bowlen money be a consideration?

dogfish
04-27-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm going to go with Brock Osweiler, with Brandon Weeden gone teams are going to target him sooner rather then later being considered by many as the fourth or fifth best quarterback in the draft. Arizona could target him with their woes at the position, and Osweiler would being from State be looked upon as a solid PR move, Buffalo, Kansas City and Philadelphia could all be looking early for a possible FCQB.

We're going to see Defensive Tackles slip more due to the value at offensive line, this could also force the running back group to thin somewhat. Denver could literally walk out of the draft tomorrow with Osweiler, Reyes and Turbin, all kids they've had pre-draft visits with.

the reyes and turbin part of that sounds good. . . :D

This^^^

To me, this damn near guarantees us taking a project QB with one of those 4th round picks, at the latest. Also gives plenty of flexiblity to move around for more picks or trade back up into the 2nd-3rd.

man, i can only hope one of those 4ths is earmarked for a project QB at the right spot. . .

if we take osweiler at 36, i'm going to cane's house and kicking him in the shins. . . :lol:

jhildebrand
04-27-2012, 12:36 AM
if we take osweiler at 36, i'm going to cane's house and kicking him in the shins. . . :lol:

I will literally take a bat to my TV and post it to youtube in my Al Wilson jersey!

shank
04-27-2012, 12:36 AM
And there WERE players they valued at #25, but felt they could get reasonably equivalent players at #36 -- and they're right.

this. we got the best that was offered, which is better than taking nothing.

all the people having problems with this are honestly saying that they would rather have taken a player at 25 than they would take the same player at 36 with an extra 4th round pick. I can't say what player we take at 36, but i will bet money that whoever it is could have been taken at 25 and all you guys would have been perfectly happy with the "value."

... no, i take that back, you pessimits would have been saying that we should have traded down to take him.

i no longer care how anyone feels about today, i'm content and so is dogfish, which is what matters.

bcbronc
04-27-2012, 02:32 AM
The gave away too much to the Patriots. They had #25 worth 720 points, and got #31 worth 600 points. Lost 120. In exchange they got 4th round #126 = 46 points. They lost 74 points, which is equal to the fourteenth pick of the fourth round.

So you would have preferred Elway just stayed at 25? No moving back, no additional pick in the 4th, just pick at 25? Who would you have taken? Obviously not a DT, because they bust too often in that range, so who?? Try to answer before we select at 36. ;)

Only they didn't get ANYTHING so what was the purpose?

how is a 4th rounder not anything?

the reyes and turbin part of that sounds good. . . :D

Agreed. Turn that QB into a CB and it's a good first couple of days.

claymore
04-27-2012, 06:25 AM
I hope we dont take Osweiler with any pick....

I like how patient EFX is being during the draft. Much better than drafting a WR with a broken foot, who cant contribute, and a Project QB in the 1st that cant contribute either.

Im not happy with the value of the trades, but I dont know what the new values are because of the Rookie wage cap.

So far this FO is showing what ive always wanted. Patience, let the draft come to them, and dont reach. Its not fun but the proof will be in the puddin. Hopefully.

MOtorboat
04-27-2012, 07:01 AM

It is pretty obvious with the new CBA that chart is completely worthless now.

BigDaddyBronco
04-27-2012, 07:11 AM
I hope we dont take Osweiler with any pick....

I like how patient EFX is being during the draft. Much better than drafting a WR with a broken foot, who cant contribute, and a Project QB in the 1st that cant contribute either.

Im not happy with the value of the trades, but I dont know what the new values are because of the Rookie wage cap.

So far this FO is showing what ive always wanted. Patience, let the draft come to them, and dont reach. Its not fun but the proof will be in the puddin. Hopefully.

Except they will not draft OLine or DLine with the 2nd rounder. My guess is they draft Janoris Jenkins.

Traveler
04-27-2012, 07:14 AM
I will literally take a bat to my TV and post it to youtube in my Al Wilson jersey!

Better get ready because that's what's going to happen.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2012, 07:28 AM
this. we got the best that was offered, which is better than taking nothing.

all the people having problems with this are honestly saying that they would rather have taken a player at 25 than they would take the same player at 36 with an extra 4th round pick. I can't say what player we take at 36, but i will bet money that whoever it is could have been taken at 25 and all you guys would have been perfectly happy with the "value."

... no, i take that back, you pessimits would have been saying that we should have traded down to take him.

i no longer care how anyone feels about today, i'm content and so is dogfish, which is what matters.

So what happened to BPA? Are you saying the Broncos didn't think that Martin, Wilson, Harrison Smith, Reiff, Hightower, or Decastro would help the team? You don't move back if you're playing the BPA card. You draft the BPA at the postion you draft and move on. By trading back, you're supposed to gain value in your picks because you're moving farther away from the blue chippers, not lose pick value like you're desperately trying not to spend money.

So, either we're trying to "game it" and acquire more late round picks for project players or we're taking BPA... which is it?

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Except they will not draft OLine or DLine with the 2nd rounder. My guess is they draft Janoris Jenkins.

As far as I'm concerned, he is probably the BPA at #36 talent wise so I'd have no problems taking him here. The rumor is that lots of teams are trying to trade up high into the second for him right now... so I expect us to trade back from 36...

claymore
04-27-2012, 07:34 AM

Worthy and still are my projections. I think Leroy janoris Jenkins is to much of a character risk for our FO. They need to hit on these picks. Has to be starters so it cant be Beef Osweiler Stew.

claymore
04-27-2012, 07:38 AM
So what happened to BPA? Are you saying the Broncos didn't think that Martin, Wilson, Harris, Reiff, Hightower, or Decastro would help the team? You don't move back if you're playing the BPA card. You draft the BPA at the postion you draft and move on. By trading back, you're supposed to gain value in your picks because you're moving farther away from the blue chippers, not lose pick value like you're desperately trying not to spend money.

So, either we're trying to "game it" and acquire more late round picks for project players or we're taking BPA... which is it?

I dont think any organization in any business is successfull if they arent flexible. Why not mix the best of both strategies for the players you need and that fit your organization. I assume that they have similar grades on all the players between #25 & #36. Now we have the flexibility to take another guy high in the 4th, or move up with our #56th and 101st to take someone...

(if I got a pick number wrong I was to lazy to look it up but ya'll got the gist".

Mannway187
04-27-2012, 07:54 AM
In short they lost substantially on the points over the two trades -- losing a total of 84 points or equal to the tenth pick of the 4th. The only justification is that they didn't like any of the players they had a choice of at #25.

But, let's not pretend that they Broncos got draft value by moving back. They didn't. They actually gave up the equivalent of a 4th round pick. :coffee:

Maybe you weren't paying attention. Or maybe I was, but didn't the Broncos come away with Jacksonvilles 4th round pick #101. Which is better to have, the 101st or your fictional 105th which you insist they gave away. When the draft started they didn't have either the 101st or the 105th so how did they lose a pick they didn't own?

I remember reading something that said the FO was pretty high on the QB from San Diego State which they can get in the 5th. I don't see them taking a "Project" back up QB any earlier than that. Then again with all the supplementles at the end of the fourth round we may take a QB with our own 4th pick #120.

We will be looking for a WR with 4.3-4.4 speed and which ever DT they feel is big enough to be an anchor and draw a double team on passing downs, and then a DB with size, speed, and can lay some people out. One not afraid to get his "bounty" money.

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Personally, I think we take the guy we like best at 36 (DT, CB, etc) and use a 4th to trade up in round 2 to get the QB Elway wants. Dont like it...but that's what it smells like

Mannway187
04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Personally, I think we take the guy we like best at 36 (DT, CB, etc) and use a 4th to trade up in round 2 to get the QB Elway wants. Dont like it...but that's what it smells like

Come on, who you tryin to convince? You know damn well that everything smells like crap in Texas. I agree with you on us taking the guy we like best at 36 unless we like him better later on. Then we scoot back some more until the guy we like likes where we are taking him from. Ya don't gotta like it but thats what its gonna smell like. But hey, you won't even notice that smell after awhile, just like Texas.

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Come on, who you tryin to convince? You know damn well that everything smells like crap in Texas. I agree with you on us taking the guy we like best at 36 unless we like him better later on. Then we scoot back some more until the guy we like likes where we are taking him from. Ya don't gotta like it but thats what its gonna smell like. But hey, you won't even notice that smell after awhile, just like Texas.

Other than saying I'm not going to comment....I'm not going to comment

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 08:33 AM

hey bud why don't you earn your stripes before you start taking personal shots at veteran members of this forum?

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 08:34 AM
hey bud why don't you earn your stripes before you start taking personal shots at veteran members of this forum?

There was a day when I would have made him cry...I guess I'm getting old.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 08:39 AM

i can't disagree with you on either count

Mannway187
04-27-2012, 09:14 AM

Names not Bud and sorry that you felt I was taking a "personal" shot at anyone. Wasn't intended or directed towards you and wasn't meant to offend CC. Which may be why he chose not to comment. Maybe he sensed the tongue in cheek sarcasm and took it as exactly what it was.

I have been a member here for much longer than you assume. Just because you don't recognise the name doesn't mean my time here is equal to the # of posts listed next to it. I'll try and be more sensitive with my posts until after you award me the stripes that you seem to be in charge of. In the future if you become butt hurt over a comment that has nothing to do with you and isn't directed at you feel free to remind me about those stripes again.

And Coach I really didn't mean anything offensive towards you personally. I have never been to the great state of Texas so I have no idea if it has its own scent. I do have friends who live in Texas and they certainly would take no offense to someone in California commenting on anything Texas related. Everything being big in Texas certainly includes a Texas sized sense of humor. I don't believe your getting old as much as you just weren't offended to the point of bringing me to tears.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Names not Bud and sorry that you felt I was taking a "personal" shot at anyone. Wasn't intended or directed towards you and wasn't meant to offend CC. Which may be why he chose not to comment. Maybe he sensed the tongue in cheek sarcasm and took it as exactly what it was.

I have been a member here for much longer than you assume. Just because you don't recognise the name doesn't mean my time here is equal to the # of posts listed next to it. I'll try and be more sensitive with my posts until after you award me the stripes that you seem to be in charge of. In the future if you become butt hurt over a comment that has nothing to do with you and isn't directed at you feel free to remind me about those stripes again.

And Coach I really didn't mean anything offensive towards you personally. I have never been to the great state of Texas so I have no idea if it has its own scent. I do have friends who live in Texas and they certainly would take no offense to someone in California commenting on anything Texas related. Everything being big in Texas certainly includes a Texas sized sense of humor. I don't believe your getting old as much as you just weren't offended to the point of bringing me to tears.

I think bud was pretty flattering considering I could have gone with jackass, which is exactly what you were acting like. I don't dole out the stripes around here. I'm a junior member but have known many of these guys for a long time from other forums. My point was and is that making comments about a someone's home state when you're obviously intending it as an insult wouldn't be construed by anyone as "tongue in cheek" it would be construed as being a dick and rightly so.

Chef Zambini
04-27-2012, 10:57 AM
we lost value in the movement .
was dante hightower so bad that we preffered to move DOWN and lose value in the process/
the PATS did not think so ! they love his versatility, his tangeabkles and his work ethic.
at 31 we dropped out again,only to give up the second best RB in the draft.
Im not happy, day two better hold some miracles and rational selections, for this sorry day one.

OrangeHoof
04-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Osweiler, Reyes, and Polk tomorrow and Mike Martin and OL depth Saturday.

That could be their ultimate design. I'm not sure Reyes and Polk are going to be there though. I might rather have Lamar Miller anyway.

OrangeHoof
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM

Nobody's inviting you to Texas, bub. Can't imagine anyone from Cali dissing another state though. At least Texas has jobs and can balance a budget.

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
was dante hightower so bad that we preffered to move DOWN and lose value in the process/
the PATS did not think so ! they love his versatility, his tangeabkles and his work ethic.
Im not happy, day two better hold some miracles and rational selections, for this sorry day one.

Work ethic? How many tackles had he made on a sideline? Hightower is overrated. If you're looking for another Joe Mays, then this is who you draft.

And NE is going to play him at SAM. Lol

LTC Pain
04-27-2012, 11:39 AM

Nah, their isn't anyone who gives/gets stripes on this board or veteran/newb status. High/low post count means absolutely nothing, zilch in how a post is viewed. The same for how long/short anyone has been on this board, irrelevant. We are all Broncos fans expressing an opinion, thought or idea about or favorite team on a public forum. Anyone telling you different is trying to be a legend in their own mind.

vandammage13
04-27-2012, 11:40 AM
So what happened to BPA? Are you saying the Broncos didn't think that Martin, Wilson, Harrison Smith, Reiff, Hightower, or Decastro would help the team? You don't move back if you're playing the BPA card. You draft the BPA at the postion you draft and move on. By trading back, you're supposed to gain value in your picks because you're moving farther away from the blue chippers, not lose pick value like you're desperately trying not to spend money.

Apparently, EFX thinks that we can win without bluechippers since we have manning...If you look at the Colts, its obvious that he does cover up a lot of flaws.

Northman
04-27-2012, 11:47 AM

Your getting soft.....poser..... lol

Need to get you out for MDF.

MOtorboat
04-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Apparently, EFX thinks that we can win without bluechippers since we have manning...If you look at the Colts, its obvious that he does cover up a lot of flaws.

It's quite possible they don't think the talent level on this team is as low as many fans think...

Northman
04-27-2012, 11:51 AM
It's quite possible they don't think the talent level on this team is as low as many fans think...

Lol, no shit. We went 8-8 with a FB at QB, won a playoff game and somehow Peyton ******* Manning cant work with that team? Really? lmao

MOtorboat
04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Lol, no shit. We went 8-8 with a FB at QB, won a playoff game and somehow Peyton ******* Manning cant work with that team? Really? lmao

I was trying not to bring that up, but yeah...

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Nah, their isn't anyone who gives/gets stripes on this board or veteran/newb status. High/low post count means absolutely nothing, zilch in how a post is viewed. The same for how long/short anyone has been on this board, irrelevant. We are all Broncos fans expressing an opinion, thought or idea about or favorite team on a public forum. Anyone telling you different is trying to be a legend in their own mind.

lol no one told him they doled out the stripes ltc. He was being a dick that's all

Northman
04-27-2012, 12:08 PM
I was trying not to bring that up, but yeah...

Never fear, Northman is here. :elefant:

Northman
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
lol no one told him they doled out the stripes ltc. He was being a dick that's all

I agree with Steve, it was a bit tacky to bust on Coach's home state. If you really want to get the sense of a smelly place come to Baltimore.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Greely, Colorado, no place stinkier in the world...

Northman
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM

Yea, but at least you guys have a downwind to blow it out. Here, just high humidity and the stench from the shit plant nearby. lmao

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
I can tell you about humidity. Yeah...there are places in Tejas that stink. Cant argue with that

MOtorboat
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM

Clay still hasn't got all that out of his system. :coffee:

LTC Pain
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM

I'm not busting on anyone in particular. Having been on several gaming (COD), hockey and football forums/boards I get sensitive when folks start talking about earning stripes, veterans/newbs, who is/is not a SME, post count or duration on a forum meaning something, etc. As far as I'm concerned we are all Broncos peasants, with a handful of mods added in to keep it interesting.

Tned
04-27-2012, 12:36 PM

This is and has been my belief.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Forum Runner

Npba900
04-27-2012, 12:43 PM

Janoris has off the field and character issues. He maybe a bigger risk than Osweiler. The Goddel (sp) police force won't stand for any for problem players.

Tned
04-27-2012, 12:50 PM
I think WR or RB are most likely pick in 2nd. Personally, I see WR, CB and DT as the biggest needs (not necessarily in that order) in terms of a place to upgrade, and everything else is depth, with the possible exception of a speed/receiving back as a change up to Mcgahee.

Softskull
04-27-2012, 01:06 PM
I think WR or RB are most likely pick in 2nd. Personally, I see WR, CB and DT as the biggest needs (not necessarily in that order) in terms of a place to upgrade, and everything else is depth, with the possible exception of a speed/receiving back as a change up to Mcgahee.

I'm having my Lamar Miller jersey printed up as we speak.

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 01:07 PM

The good thing is the number can reflect his jersey number and/or his IQ

Northman
04-27-2012, 01:14 PM

Im sorry.

CoachChaz
04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Janoris has off the field and character issues. He maybe a bigger risk than Osweiler. The Goddel (sp) police force won't stand for any for problem players.

Other than the possession of weed, the only other thing was getting into a fight as a freshman because someone was trying to steal his necklace. I dont see him as a rapist. I'd be good with drafting him. If Meyer was still the coach...he would have finished at Florida

Tned
04-27-2012, 01:17 PM

I'm trying to figure out if I can use some gaffing tape to modify my Marshall jersey into Miller...

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Yeah, I'm a little puzzled by that as well. You pretty much gaurantee a starter day one by picking at 25 or Doug Martin at 31. Maybe Fox isnt that high on Doug Martin or just felt the same DTs they were targeting would be there at 36. Just a little over 4 hours away now until draft time so we will see.

I would still be very happy with Jerel Worthy or Still at 36 and then hopefully Lamar Miller is available later in round 2.

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 01:44 PM
ZVoKjbx3QC4
E5tRXa34CGk&NR=1

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
04-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Other than the possession of weed, the only other thing was getting into a fight as a freshman because someone was trying to steal his necklace. I dont see him as a rapist. I'd be good with drafting him. If Meyer was still the coach...he would have finished at Florida

I thought I heard on ESPN that he also had 4 children with 3 different women while at North Alabama. Not sure how much of a red flag that is, but I'm sure it scares a few teams off.

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 01:50 PM
But, I would also love to have this guy. He's alot differant from Miller and more of a burner. I doubt Fox will even look his way though...

n--pqmfL5Kc&feature=watch_response

Northman
04-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Miller isnt that impressive to me. Not anymore than Polk or Ballard who i think is a far tougher runner. My Cavs shut down Miller bigtime when they played last year.

Tned
04-27-2012, 01:55 PM
I know those are highlight reels, and so by their very nature, all the runs are 'highlights', but that film of Miller got me excited. Not only does he look quick, but he broke a lot of arm tackles. He wasn't going down on first contact.

Ziggy
04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
I thought I heard on ESPN that he also had 4 children with 3 different women while at North Alabama. Not sure how much of a red flag that is, but I'm sure it scares a few teams off.

I'd venture to say that he probably isn't on the Broncos board at all. Travis Henry syndrome notwithstanding.

Ziggy
04-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I know those are highlight reels, and so by their very nature, all the runs are 'highlights', but that film of Miller got me excited. Not only does he look quick, but he broke a lot of arm tackles. He wasn't going down on first contact.

Keep in mind that a lot of those runs are with a shoulder injury Tned. Lammey is saying that his scout sources are telling him that he may be dropping to the third due to that injury. There's a chance that the Broncos could either trade down again, or take a different player and go after Miller later in the 2nd.

04-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Keep in mind that a lot of those runs are with a shoulder injury Tned. Lammey is saying that his scout sources are telling him that he may be dropping to the third due to that injury. There's a chance that the Broncos could either trade down again, or take a different player and go after Miller later in the 2nd.

Given how cheap it was to move up in the first, I could see the Broncos trading up in either the second or third round with one of their three 4th round picks. If Miller drops to our second pick in the second round, then I could see us trading down or moving up in the third to get him with one of those fourth round picks.

Of course, the alternative is that we will be drafting one of the remaining project QBs around this time, which, judging by the players we worked out, is possible.

04-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Oh, and of course one of those 4th round picks could be used in a player trade. The only problem is we have no idea who the Broncos are looking at. I just don't see us using all 3 picks in the 4th round for players.

topscribe
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I dunno . . . seems Miller could be long gone by #57. I could easily see the
Broncos taking Miller at #36 then picking up whoever's left among Still,
Worthy, and Thompson at #57.

One player I would find it hard to pass up is Amini Silatolu. The guy is a
veritable pancake artist and would more than solidify the left side of the line
at guard, IMO. But I personally still see greater needs at DT and RB.

Ziggy
04-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I dunno . . . seems Miller could be long gone by #57. I could easily see the
Broncos taking Miller at #36 then picking up whoever's left among Still,
Worthy, and Thompson at #57.

One player I would find it hard to pass up is Amini Silatolu. The guy is a
veritable pancake artist and would more than solidify the left side of the line
at guard, IMO. But I personally still see greater needs at DT and RB.

Silatolu, Konz, Martin, and Glenn are all possibilites at 36. All of them could start opening day.

claymore
04-27-2012, 02:27 PM

From what ive read it was some pretty bad weed to Coach.

dogfish
04-27-2012, 02:44 PM

man, we never fail to sniff out the hurt guy, do we?

:lol:

Ziggy
04-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Lammey is pretty sure it's Lamar Miller, and then he brings on Mike Klis to interview. Klis says that the Broncos don't really like Miller and are looking at other options. He's thinking more along the lines of a Kendell Reyes, or Olineman. He also states that there is some talk that the Broncos have considered moving Franklin inside and drafting a tackle. Since those two are on opposite ends of the spectrum, we'll see who the real insider is tonight.

topscribe
04-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Lammey is pretty sure it's Lamar Miller, and then he brings on Mike Klis to interview. Klis says that the Broncos don't really like Miller and are looking at other options. He's thinking more along the lines of a Kendell Reyes, or Olineman. He also states that there is some talk that the Broncos have considered moving Franklin inside and drafting a tackle. Since those two are on opposite ends of the spectrum, we'll see who the real insider is tonight.
Which indicates to me it's all wild guesswork in any case . . .

Northman
04-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Which indicates to me it's all wild guesswork in any case . . .

I need to get their job. I can throw darts at the wall too. lmao

bcbronc
04-27-2012, 03:02 PM
My guess us w take the CB with the off field issues at 36 and whichever dt falls to 57, possibly using a 4th to move up if a run on dts starts, which it will.

True bpa in rd3 and a rback and ol in rd4, unless we get one in rd3.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2012, 03:39 PM

I liked Miller the first time I saw him during a regular season game. Then started to pay close attention to him. I love the guy.

Ziggy
04-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Klis is saying that the Broncos are high on Polk, more so than Miller.

turftoad
04-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Worthy than Polk would be fine by me.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 04:03 PM
LOL i'd rather Turbin than Polk, If they're worried about shoulders Polk has had like three shoulder surgeries...damnit. The only rb I really liked without any true flags was Martin

NorCalBronco7
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Nobody's inviting you to Texas, bub. Can't imagine anyone from Cali dissing another state though. At least Texas has jobs and can balance a budget.

Yeah but we have In and Out, so suck it.

Northman
04-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Worthy than Polk would be fine by me.

I would be down with that as well.

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 04:34 PM
I know we have 3 picks today but I suspect if the Broncos DONT move up to take anyone then they will try and package the 4ths to move back into the 3rd. By the end up the day we will have 4 rookies and not 3. Just what I think will happen but only if we don't get ansy and move up.

OrangeHoof
04-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Wouldn't scare off Travis Henry...

Northman
04-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I know we have 3 picks today but I suspect if the Broncos DONT move up to take anyone then they will try and package the 4ths to move back into the 3rd. By the end up the day we will have 4 rookies and not 3. Just what I think will happen but only if we don't get ansy and move up.

I think thats a big possibility.

Lancane
04-27-2012, 04:46 PM

I could see that if we still were under the McDaniels' regime, that little shit was always antsy. I think Denver likes where they're sitting - if anything I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down from the 36th pick to add more day three picks.

claymore
04-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I could see that if we still were under the McDaniels' regime, that little shit was always antsy. I think Denver likes where they're sitting - if anything I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down from the 36th pick to add more day three picks.

I think we could see great value from trading back a few spots from the 36th pick.

topscribe
04-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Nah. It would seem to me, Cane, that the Broncos are through trading down.
It would seem to me they should be after one of Worthy/Reyes/Thompson
and Lamar Miller. And I think they would really like to get their hands on
Osweiler if they can. That tells me they need 2nd and 3rd round selections. If
anything, I would bet they would trade some 4th rounders for a 2nd/3rd round . . .

topscribe
04-27-2012, 04:55 PM
I need to get their job. I can throw darts at the wall too. lmao
Shoot, I'll bet you can be at least as silly as Woody and Kiszla . . .

Lancane
04-27-2012, 04:57 PM
I think we could see great value from trading back a few spots from the 36th pick.

Agreed, especially with how deep several positions are that high up: Wide Receiver (Randle, Hill, Jeffery) Offensive Line (Konz, Martin, Glenn, Adams) Pass Rushers (Upshaw, David, Branch, Curry) and so on. I think they could trade down within a ten slot space and still end up with one of their primary targets.

Lancane
04-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Nah. It would seem to me, Cane, that the Broncos are through trading down.
It would seem to me they should be after one of Worthy/Reyes/Thompson
and Lamar Miller. And I think they would really like to get their hands on
Osweiler if they can. That tells me they need 2nd and 3rd round selections. If
anything, I would bet they would trade some 4th rounders for a 2nd/3rd round . . .

I agree that they're glad where they are at as far as positioning, but I wholly disagree that they'll not look at trading down a few slots to add more, especially when you consider the run at certain positions that are likely to happen.

claymore
04-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Agreed, especially with how deep several positions are that high up: Wide Receiver (Randle, Hill, Jeffery) Offensive Line (Konz, Martin, Glenn, Adams) Pass Rushers (Upshaw, David, Branch, Curry) and so on. I think they could trade down within a ten slot space and still end up with one of their primary targets.

If we could get a third Id fly to Az and give TOpscribe a wedgy with his depends.

MOtorboat
04-27-2012, 05:10 PM
If we could get a third Id fly to Az and give TOpscribe a wedgy with his depends.

And you won't fly to a tailgate.

Really?

topscribe
04-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Hey, you'd be welcome here under any circumstances . . .

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Please Broncos, no more trading down from 36. Stay put and pick a starter!! Trade other picks if you need but we are stretching it thin and going to end up with another Richard Dick Quinn if we don't pull the trigger.

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I mean, how have the 2nd and 3rd rounds gone for us the last three years??? Not great.

I think it was a fail not to get Doug Martin, who could possibly be the next Ray Rice. Not worth a switch of 4ths to lose out on an impact player like that.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 05:20 PM
lol no way

topscribe
04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
I mean, how have the 2nd and 3rd rounds gone for us the last three years??? Not great.

I think it was a fail not to get Doug Martin, who could possibly be the next Ray Rice. Not worth a switch of 4ths to lose out on an impact player like that.
Didn't we get Franklin in the 2nd? And regarding Moore and Irving, I'm not so
eager to give up on them after a season that wasn't preceded by any kind of
offseason. Last year is the only one we can go by with this present regime,
and we don't yet have enough to know about them.

And regarding the perceived miss on Martin, whom you compared to Ray Rice,
Rice isn't as fast as Lamar Miller. Not that speed is everything, but it seems
the Broncos like Miller pretty well. So maybe it wasn't so much of a fail . . .

NightTerror218
04-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Decker is pretty good.

claymore
04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
And you won't fly to a tailgate.

Really?

Ive overcome my fear MO. If its convienant I will be there this year. Got alot of stuff in the works thought.

bcbronc
04-27-2012, 05:43 PM
meh get a RB in RDs 2-4 not the first. Martin is an exciting prospect and I wouldn't have thrown anything if we took him at 25, but as NFLN reported yesterday none of the top 5 rushers last season were first round picks. Lots of good backs left and my prediction is we take one at 101. QB with the Jets pick, use our 4th to move up and get a DT mid 2nd.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2012, 05:47 PM
meh get a RB in RDs 2-4 not the first. Martin is an exciting prospect and I wouldn't have thrown anything if we took him at 25, but as NFLN reported yesterday none of the top 5 rushers last season were first round picks. Lots of good backs left and my prediction is we take one at 101. QB with the Jets pick, use our 4th to move up and get a DT mid 2nd.

I'm with this all the way. I don't want to use a 1st round pick on a RB, and hated that we did with Moreno. I'm thrilled we didn't use our 1st on a RB, and hope we wait until our 3rd to go RB. I still think there is a chance we trade for Stewart as well.

dogfish
04-27-2012, 05:59 PM
i want polk, turbin or jonathon stewart-- we need another legit between the tackles runner who can keep the offense balanced. . .

bcbronc
04-27-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm with this all the way. I don't want to use a 1st round pick on a RB, and hated that we did with Moreno. I'm thrilled we didn't use our 1st on a RB, and hope we wait until our 3rd to go RB. I still think there is a chance we trade for Stewart as well.

tbh there's a part of me that would rather just use the pick it would take to get Stew on a RB. Stewart's definitely a good back, and I understand he's been in a RBBC situation so he doesn't have the carries other fifth year pros might, but he is a power back and power backs are hard on their bodies. He likely still has at least a couple quality years left but 800 NFL touches will have taken some toll. I don't hate the idea of Steward, but I wouldn't mind getting some fresher legs tomorrow.