PDA

View Full Version : Schefter says Broncos have received multiple calls and will look to trade down

Tned
04-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Per Adam Schefter, the Broncos are unlikely to move up and are taking calls about moving down out of the #25 spot

RT @1023ESPN: Our @1023ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter says the #Broncos have received multiple calls and will look to trade down out of #25

RT @1023ESPN: RT @cecillammey: ESPN @AdamSchefter says #broncos haven't given much thought to trading up #NFLDraft

GEM
04-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Sweet Mother of God.....if they trade out of the first, I'll end up stabbing myself with a grill fork.

I like the idea because we could pick up some extra picks.....but I hate the idea because I've built up so much anticipation for tonight that it isn't even funny!!!

Northman
04-26-2012, 05:12 PM
If they do it just make sure its worthwhile. Would like to see a pick tonight but if its best for the team im all for it.

broncobryce
04-26-2012, 05:14 PM
They should trade back unless someone unexpected is there. As I said, plenty of good players in round 2. I'd rather have 2 good players than 1. We have plenty of holes to fill.

TimHippo
04-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Sweet Mother of God.....if they trade out of the first, I'll end up stabbing myself with a grill fork.

I like the idea because we could pick up some extra picks.....but I hate the idea because I've built up so much anticipation for tonight that it isn't even funny!!!

It's kind of why I don't like the new format.

At least under the old format, they did a bunch of rounds on Saturday.

Tned
04-26-2012, 05:17 PM

That's what I just said to someone here at work. I said, it's gonna piss me off. I'm going to wait around for 3 hours and then when the 25th pick comes up they are going to announce the Broncos traded back into the 2nd round!

underrated29
04-26-2012, 05:18 PM

Ive been saying it all this past week. Its either capt kirk at 20 or higher or we trade down til tomorrow.

OldschoolFreak
04-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Despite my greedy want of a pick tonight, this might not be half bad. The more I look at our positions of need and the likely available talent by position, I think having a couple picks in the 35-45 range could make sense. I'd love to end up with a top 3 CB and DT whereas I feel like in our current position we can only get one of the two.

Northman
04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Ive been saying it all this past week. Its either capt kirk at 20 or higher or we trade down til tomorrow.

They better not trade up. That will actually piss me off.

BORDERLINE
04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Whatever they deem BEST but i'm with some of you I want to see a new Bronco tonight.

broncobryce
04-26-2012, 05:20 PM
That's what I just said to someone here at work. I said, it's gonna piss me off. I'm going to wait around for 3 hours and then when the 25th pick comes up they are going to announce the Broncos traded back into the 2nd round!

Just get drunk, thats what I do.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Rod Mackey, ch9 sports, was talking about this earlier, and said he thinks they will trade down, UNLESS someone is there at the 25th pick that they really want.

Ravage!!!
04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
They better not trade up. That will actually piss me off.

Nah... co me on.. what if they trade up and take a DT? Then alllllllllllllllll the yammers about DT DT DT DT DT DT DT could now only bitch about moving UP to get a DT! :lol:

Jsteve01
04-26-2012, 05:30 PM
lol at people who don't want to Broncos to trade back. If it's a good deal then make it happen. and like bryce said just drink until you don't care.

NightTerror218
04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
If they trade back tomorrow will be exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Jsteve01
04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Rod Mackey, ch9 sports, was talking about this earlier, and said he thinks they will trade down, UNLESS someone is there at the 25th pick that they really want.

now that's some great reporting...

MOtorboat
04-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Go back to Saturday!

claymore
04-26-2012, 05:34 PM
If we trade out of the first I hope its for future picks.

Lancane
04-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Most of the athletes they've brought in for visits are likely to be available tomorrow, the more picks they have then the more of those kids they are high on they can add...that's a win-win...unless they lose out on those kids.

Ravage!!!

:lol: :lol:

TimHippo
If they trade back tomorrow will be exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless they trade back again to Saturday!

Lancane

You know that is unlikely Clay.

claymore
04-26-2012, 05:36 PM
You know that is unlikely Clay.

A girl can dream....

Ravage!!!
04-26-2012, 05:37 PM

I Soooo get you, clay!

MOtorboat
04-26-2012, 05:40 PM
A girl can dream....

That explains a lot.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2012, 05:50 PM
now that's some great reporting...

I am sure what Mackey meant was - UNLESS there is someone there, who they EXPECTED would be gone BEFORE the 25th pick.

Jsteve01
04-26-2012, 06:43 PM
lol sorry Carol, there have been soo many reports to the effect that the Broncos want to move down that the caveat was a foregone conclusion. Im not giving you a hard time. Just get a kick out of the twitter age say the same thing 12 different ways.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
For any RB, OL or DT they would get at 25 there will be a similar player at each position available later in round 1 or in early round 2. If we get a late #2 to move back a few slots, I'm all for it.

CoachChaz
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
The talent is basically the same from 20-50 anyway

Nomad
04-26-2012, 08:23 PM
At least the trade up to #7 was BS.

hotcarl
04-26-2012, 08:54 PM
carol is too serious :(

hotcarl
04-26-2012, 08:57 PM
she is a robot that posts the news from every other thing (internet much?)

hotcarl
04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
believe it or not most people don't come here first for our breaking sports news I love you

underrated29
04-26-2012, 10:06 PM

N tomo
Told u guys. Just didn't think we get raped on the compensation. I think we trade up again tomorrow.

Cugel
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
The compensation for moving from #31 to #36 was actually LOSING POINTS. They got essentially NOTHING from this trade and actually lost a bit.

gave #31 = 600 points - gained #36 (540) = 60 points lost.
gained #101 = 96 points gained - gave #126 (46) points lost = 50 points gained.

50 - 60 = -10. So in order to trade down and move up in the fourth round they lost 10 points. So much for the premium for moving down. :rolleyes:

10 points is obviously not a big deal. It's not like they lost their shirt, but what was the point?

There was simply no advantage in moving down. Their only justification is that they can probably get one of the same players they were targeting at #31 at #36. Worthy and Reyes and Fleener will all be there.

And a 2nd round pick will be slightly cheaper. As if we care about saving Pat Bowlen a few bucks! :tsk:

Ravage!!!
04-26-2012, 11:40 PM
guys.. the poinst are PURELY a guidline and NOTHING else.

I don't know what is worse, the Tebownites or the complaints and whining from the draft guys.

Cugel
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
guys.. the poinst are PURELY a guidline and NOTHING else.

I don't know what is worse, the Tebownites or the complaints and whining from the draft guys.

Wrong. The points chart is the basis of all trades. And the point is NOT that you have to get exactly equal value. If the points are off by 100 points or something, oh well.

The point is that you are supposed to get SOMETHING.

You are supposed to generally come out ahead when trading down. The exact amount is flexible, but you should get SOMETHING for giving up your higher draft position.

What you are supposed to get is an "incentive" to trade down. You're supposed to gain points. You're not supposed to be so desperate to move down for some reason that you give UP value.

The point of all this is not that the Broncos lost their shirts. They didn't. But they didn't gain anything either. Instead they lost somewhat.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Wrong. The points chart is the basis of all trades. And the point is NOT that you have to get exactly equal value. If the points are off by 100 points or something, oh well.

You are supposed to generally come out ahead when trading down. The exact amount is flexible, but you should get SOMETHING for giving up your higher draft position.

What you are supposed to get is an "incentive" to trade down. You're supposed to gain points. You're not supposed to be so desperate to move down for some reason that you give UP value.

The point of all this is not that the Broncos lost their shirts. They didn't. But they didn't gain anything either. Instead they lost somewhat.

WRONG. If you are going to try and correct people, than you BETTER be sure you are right. You are absolutely WRONG on this. The teams, GMs, and owners do NOT have to follow that chart at ALLL... that goes for team offering to move up, and teams willign to move down. That chart is arbitrary and purely a reference point. There are NO rules that says any team has to accept the points that the chart "says" that the trade is worth. A team can accept ANY trade it wishes.... THUS.. the numbers on that sheet of paper are PURELY a point of reference and NOTHING more. They have NO real value and the value of the picks a team holds, or wishes to have, is based on what the value THEY give it.

So although YOU feel they 'lost' because of some arbitrary numbers on a reference chart says so, doesn't really mean much in the REALITY of things.

drewloc
04-27-2012, 09:59 AM

Gem, how you holding up? Need some help removing the grill fork? :D It did suck waiting and not getting a pick in the first, but I'm ok with getting some extra picks.

underrated29
04-27-2012, 10:28 AM

See, no need to be angry. I warned all of you.

Reason is, we have our heart set on miller, fleener or some stupid ass QB. Either way, we werent going to take them with #25, so we moved down and gained a little pick wise. Not much, but it doesnt matter because we were either going to take them at 25 or take them at 36......

weazel
04-27-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm sure they had a lot of offers, look what they were offering lol Sure we'll move down 12 spots for a worthless late 4th round pick!!!! Were they using a Josh McDaniels draft for dummies book to learn from?

Ravage!!!
04-27-2012, 10:46 AM
worthless? I hardly think 4th round picks are worthless

Northman
04-27-2012, 10:48 AM

Must be sad to be a Bronco fan for some. Havent even drafted anyone yet and already they are jumping off cliffs. lol

pipes
04-27-2012, 11:14 AM

Elvis Dumervil is pretty worthless.
#sarcasm

LTC Pain
04-27-2012, 11:16 AM
she is a robot that posts the news from every other thing (internet much?)

Carol is a robot?!?!?!? Seriously dude, look in the frickin mirror!

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Elvis Dumervil is pretty worthless.
#sarcasm

As is Brandon Marshall

Northman
04-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Shannon Sharpe was a 7th, Davis a 6th. Pure scrubs.

vandammage13
04-27-2012, 11:25 AM
The compensation for moving from #31 to #36 was actually LOSING POINTS. They got essentially NOTHING from this trade and actually lost a bit.

gave #31 = 600 points - gained #36 (540) = 60 points lost.
gained #101 = 96 points gained - gave #126 (46) points lost = 50 points gained.

50 - 60 = -10. So in order to trade down and move up in the fourth round they lost 10 points. So much for the premium for moving down. :rolleyes:

10 points is obviously not a big deal. It's not like they lost their shirt, but what was the point?

There was simply no advantage in moving down. Their only justification is that they can probably get one of the same players they were targeting at #31 at #36. Worthy and Reyes and Fleener will all be there.

And a 2nd round pick will be slightly cheaper. As if we care about saving Pat Bowlen a few bucks! :tsk:

If they believe they can get the guy they are targeting at #36, while turining a #126 into a #101, I think it's a good move.

Of course that's only if they get the guy they plan on at #36...Having said that, we'll probably never know if they get the guy they originally hoped for, as they probably won't admit it if the plan backfires.

vandammage13
04-27-2012, 11:26 AM

I get the feeling that the point chart is now obsolete with the changes in the rookie wage scale....that changed everything.

Wouldn't pay much attention to the charts anymore.

weazel
04-27-2012, 11:36 AM
maybe not worthless but I would rather see 3rd's coming back than 4th's

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
as we've been saying all day.

weazel
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Must be sad to be a Bronco fan for some. Havent even drafted anyone yet and already they are jumping off cliffs. lol

well I've seen Denver drafts before, is there really that much to be optimistic about?

Northman
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
maybe not worthless but I would rather see 3rd's coming back than 4th's

May still happen.

Northman
04-27-2012, 11:40 AM
well I've seen Denver drafts before, is there really that much to be optimistic about?

Ive been there with you but last year didnt turn out bad, no reason to think this will be any worse. Plenty of good players still on the board as i showed in the draft thread.

Overall Player Rankings that are left:

Courtney Upshaw - Ranked 14th
Peter Konz- Ranked 21st
Devon Still- Ranked 22nd
Johnathan Martin- Ranked 25th
Stephen Hill- Ranked 29th

Any of these would be great value at 36.

Lamar Miller- Ranked 38th
Mychal Kendricks- Ranked 39th
Janoris Jenkins- Ranked 40th
Jerel Worthy- Ranked 47th
Chris Polk- Ranked 49th
Jayron Hosley- Ranked 50th
Alameda Ta'amu- Ranked 51st
LaMichael James- Ranked 54th

Any of these before we pick at 57 would be of value.

I think we will be in good shape man. Now, if they take Foles with #36 i will be right there with you. But we should let it play out before bringing the hammer down.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 11:41 AM

totally different front office and coaching staff. new director of scouting, but you're going to lump it all together? Wow that makes sense.

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 11:41 AM
where'd those rankings come from North?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2012, 11:42 AM

zero trades from last night followed the chart you deem to be gospel.

Northman
04-27-2012, 11:43 AM
where'd those rankings come from North?

Drafttek

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
zero trades from last night followed the chart you deem to be gospel.

I know right?

underrated29
04-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Ive been there with you but last year didnt turn out bad, no reason to think this will be any worse. Plenty of good players still on the board as i showed in the draft thread.

Overall Player Rankings that are left:

Courtney Upshaw - Ranked 14th
Peter Konz- Ranked 21st
Devon Still- Ranked 22nd
Johnathan Martin- Ranked 25th
Stephen Hill- Ranked 29th

Any of these would be great value at 36.

Lamar Miller- Ranked 38th
Mychal Kendricks- Ranked 39th
Janoris Jenkins- Ranked 40th
Jerel Worthy- Ranked 47th
Chris Polk- Ranked 49th
Jayron Hosley- Ranked 50th
Alameda Ta'amu- Ranked 51st
LaMichael James- Ranked 54th

Any of these before we pick at 57 would be of value.

I think we will be in good shape man. Now, if they take Foles with #36 i will be right there with you. But we should let it play out before bringing the hammer down.

You left of Cordy Glenn-OT/OG

Northman
04-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Cody Glenn- Ranked 26th
Kendall Ryes- Ranked 33rd.

Happy now UR? lol