PDA

View Full Version : Elway takes 9 News on tour of draft room

Northman
04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
ARAPAHOE COUNTY - The Denver Broncos are putting the final touches on their plan for the 2012 NFL Draft, which begins on Thursday night.

On Wednesday, Broncos Executive Vice President John Elway took 9NEWS on a tour inside what he calls the "cave."

Info courtesy of DenverCarol.

Video:

http://www.9news.com/sports/football/nfl/denver_broncos/265278/72/Elway-takes-9NEWS-on-tour-of-draft-room-

(http://www.9news.com/sports/football/nfl/denver_broncos/265278/72/Elway-takes-9NEWS-on-tour-of-draft-room-)

DenBronx
04-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Looks like the Broncos are getting pretty high tech nowdays. Keep in mind we are scrapping hard copy playbooks and going to the electronic Tablet on gamedays this year.

I would have loved to heard all of the pre draft conversations though.

skins_fan82
04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
That was badass.

OrangeHoof
04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I'd love to spend a weekend there and watch everything go down in real time. That would be a great way to raise money for charity to offer one person a chance to sit in and observe an entire draft - provided they do not speak, do not text, do not write a book or discuss with reporters anything they hear or read during that time. IOW, no secrets come out so everyone is free to act as if the guest is not there. How much money do you think they could raise for that? 50K? 100K?

Nick
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
That is great.

OrangeFanatic
04-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Looks like the Broncos are getting pretty high tech nowdays. Keep in mind we are scrapping hard copy playbooks and going to the electronic Tablet on gamedays this year.

I would have loved to heard all of the pre draft conversations though.

My GF actually called this out last year during a game(Maybe a different team I'm not sure). She asked why they were still using photo copied flip books when they could use an Ipad and cut down on clutter and improve on resolution. You could even zoom in and out and see real time video on those.

DenBronx
04-27-2012, 12:54 PM
So with all of the high tech stuff here was the conversations yesterday.

Elway: *clapping hands* ok guys huddle up. were going to trade down out of the first round then were going to keep trading down out of the 2nd.

Room: -silent- :look:

Elway: Why the long faces?