PDA

View Full Version : Kap in Denver

Kapaibro
10-22-2007, 08:30 AM
So, I got the good news!

I will be going back to NZ on holiday, and this means that I will be stopping in Denver for a couple of days to see Snapping Turtle, and possibly see the Rockies play!

Yep, Snapp and Kap at a Rox game together!

rockies crhat

Az Snake
10-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Bring your long underwear !!!

:lol:

Jaws
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
That's awesome news Kap.

Are you planning on kidnapping Ritchie Collins this time when you get home and maybe a hot rockie or two as well.

Great that the Kap and Snap will get to meet.

All the best and enjoy :beer:

rockies

Kapaibro
10-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I was going to just turn up on the Mummy's doorstep, but as she is progressing in age, I thought it to be a tad unwise!

Jody
10-22-2007, 09:11 PM
So, I got the good news!

I will be going back to NZ on holiday, and this means that I will be stopping in Denver for a couple of days to see Snapping Turtle, and possibly see the Rockies play!

rockies crhat

Have you thought about the imprint you'd like to leave on Denver to remember you by?

Hope it's a great trip all the way around, Kap.

Snapping Turtle
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
I Am So Excited!!! :d :d

Uncle Buck
10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
So, I got the good news!

rockies crhat

That sounds so great, Kap! <T>

I would gladly volunteer to pick you up at the airport, but I have been grounded (busted) for decades. <sigh>

Well, at the very least--and I'm sure that I speak for everyone here--we will expect a special thread in honour of this once-in-a-lifetime occasion: "KAP MEETS SNAP MEETS THE ROX!" (or sumpin like that) :D

Can we expect anything less? Would you let us down? Do I need to beckon Rebecca to pick you up at DIA? <weg>

Anyway, great to hear that you're gonna be visiting Denver, Kap!

:smile:

dogfish
10-23-2007, 12:00 AM
good lord, that town will never be the same. . .

hope you have a great trip kap!

:beer:

Kapaibro
10-23-2007, 01:40 AM
I am gonna get Cuban cigars for Snapp's dad, and local fab Spanish liquor for her Mom!

Yep, I'll be popular! :cool:

BroncoBJ
10-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Good stuff. I hope you have a fun trip Kap. Hopefully you and Snapp manage to get Rockies tickets. I'm going to try as well. It will be hard and I hope its easier then I think it will be. But I have a bad feeling. But I hope you guys get to go. Its not every day you can get world series tickets.
Have fun in Denver.

Is this going to be your first time ever in Denver?

Kapaibro
10-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Good stuff. I hope you have a fun trip Kap. Hopefully you and Snapp manage to get Rockies tickets. I'm going to try as well. It will be hard and I hope its easier then I think it will be. But I have a bad feeling. But I hope you guys get to go. Its not every day you can get world series tickets.
Have fun in Denver.

Is this going to be your first time ever in Denver?

Yup, and my first time in the USA too.

BroncoBJ
10-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Yup, and my first time in the USA too.

Very nice :lol
It must be exciting for you.

Have fun in the USA rockies

dogfish
10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
hey kap, if you need any recommendations for restaurants, bars, or anything else, feel free to hit me up. . .

BroncoBJ
10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Eat at the ESPN Zone. :salute:

Thats the place I chill at all the time. :lol:

Kapaibro
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm going drinking with Hawg!

dogfish
10-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm going drinking with Hawg!

sweet, sounds like a good time!

i'm sure he'll have places picked out, but if you have time and you're going to be downtown you should check out the falling rock taphouse-- if he lives in denver and hasn't been there, he needs to learn about the place as well!

Falling Rock Tap House

1919 Blake St
Denver, CO 80202 Map

(303) 293-8338

it's on the corner of 19th and blake, right downtown. . . they have the best beer selection in denver, with tons of local microbrews and other american craft beers, and lots of imports as well. . . their motto is no crap on tap! when i lived there they used to have free pool and free darts as well, but the place is well laid-out and was never that crowded. . .

:beer:

you're going to post plenty of pics for us, right?

BroncoBJ
10-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Has anyone ever ate at Rock Bottom Brewery? Its on 16th street.
The food was good but I had horrible service the last time I went there. :laugh:

Kapaibro
10-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Leg one of the great Kap journey is complete.

I am in my hotel room in Luton, England, at 3am local time.

If you are claustrophobic, never fly with Easyjet. No leg room whatsoever!

I had a bit of an emotional meltdown this afternoon with leaving my dogs for a month. Bit of a cry and all.

I am just so burnt out from work, and even though this trip is short notice, I really need it. I didn't get Rockies tickets, but I'm going to give the Broncos game a whirl. No doubt I will end up so bloody high the players look smaller than they do on TV, but hell, Broncos v Packers? Got to be done!

Righto, will update y'all later.

Oh yeah, my hotel room has this awesome little pod-bathroom!

http://photos-989.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v158/228/66/542495989/n542495989_364692_5081.jpg

Kapaibro
10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Righto, I'm in my hotel in Arvada. Have just had a wee shopfest in Colorado Mills mall.
Doesn't look like I'll be getting to meet up with Snapp as her folks home had to be fumigated this weekend, and she wasn't in town!

Going to watch baseball and drink beer with Hawg tonight!

http://photos-989.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v158/228/66/542495989/n542495989_364693_5393.jpg

http://photos-989.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v158/228/66/542495989/n542495989_364694_5675.jpg

http://photos-989.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v158/228/66/542495989/n542495989_364695_5974.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey Kap - how do you like Denver so far? What all have you done besides shop? Love your Rockies/Broncos stuff you bought.

Kapaibro
10-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey Kap - how do you like Denver so far? What all have you done besides shop? Love your Rockies/Broncos stuff you bought.

Not too much. I went into the city to meet Hawg, but missed him cos the cab took forever.

I watched the game at a bar and met more cool people. Everyone is super nice.

Tned
10-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Not too much. I went into the city to meet Hawg, but missed him cos the cab took forever.

How's that nearly 2:1 dollar/pound conversion rate doing for you? It must be like spending monopoly money. :D

Kapaibro
10-29-2007, 03:39 AM
How's that nearly 2:1 dollar/pound conversion rate doing for you? It must be like spending monopoly money. :D

It's dangerous.

US money is weird. It all looks the same! When it comes to the sports gear, I figure I can buy it cos I was gonna have to spend big bucks for postage anyway($45 for tee shirt from MLB + the cost of the tee).

There's this huge antiques(pseudo-junk) emporium in Arvada, and I went there, and found a Plummer jersey for $12!

I finally have one!

KCL
10-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Kap...so you missed Snapp and Hawg both?

thats too bad...are you planning on meeting anyone else from

the boards?

Well anyway...I hope your visit to the States is a good one!

Too bad I don't live closer...I am about 2 states away east of KC!

How long will you be in CO? Where are you heading to after you

leave CO?

Kapaibro
10-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I have PainterDave's number, and I am going to try and get a ticket for the game tonight.

I fly out on Wednesday, and head to NZ for 3 weeks with my family!

KCL
10-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I have PainterDave's number, and I am going to try and get a ticket for the game tonight.

I fly out on Wednesday, and head to NZ for 3 weeks with my family!

PainterDave....:beer:

I hope you get a ticket for the game and get to meet up
with Dave

Kapaibro
10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, I went for a walk downtown, saw Coors Field and all that.

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v136/228/66/542495989/n542495989_369031_8620.jpg

And, out front I met Manny Corpas!

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v136/228/66/542495989/n542495989_369032_8860.jpg

Later, I was walking down the 16th St Mall, and saw this guy. I'm thinking 'He looks familiar!', so I turn around and ask him "Are you Jason Hirsh?". And it was!!!!!!!!!

I asked him if I could have a picture, and while I was giving his Dad my phone/camera, his brother asked if many people recognised him on the street, and he said "No, this is the first time!". He was really nice, and his family all talked to me too!

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v136/228/66/542495989/n542495989_369033_9098.jpg

BroncoBJ
10-31-2007, 05:51 AM
Sweet pics Kap. I meet so many Denver Bronco players but I've never met a Rockies player before. Kind of funny for some reason. You have had good luck meeting players in your first visit to Denver. Pretty neat seeing Manny just right in front of the stadium And thats cool you saw Hirsch. Its neat at all the different places you meet people at.

So did you get to go to the Bronco game?

We had an extra ticket that we were selling for 70 bucks(pretty good seat).
If I would have known you needed one I could have sold it to you.

Hopefully you made it to the game.

btw: What sports bar did you watch the Rockies game at?

PAINTERDAVE
10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
We met at the Red Lion... the hotel right next door to the stadium. Talked about getting some scalped tickets... decided to save the money... they were asking a lot... some were seeking like 400 to 500 hundred bucks. Had a blast watching the game there, in the shadow of the stadium. Lots of cool folks... Lots of packers fans however.

Kap is cool. Everyone loves her.

Too bad the game ended on that sour note, it made for a bitter cab ride home.

BroncoBJ
10-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Yea I've been to Red Lion a lot :salute:

When I was down in Denver with my mom we took cab rides every where and then we walked to the Red Lion to take thier free shuttle downtown. :lol:

damn 400 to 500 bucks?

I could have made a lot of money on my ticket.

I use to go to the Red Lion a lot when it was called the Ramada or something.

Kapaibro
11-04-2007, 09:45 PM
I am back in NZ now.

Suffering in the hell that is my mother's ancient dial-up!

But I have good news! Tomorrow the broadband gets hooked up, and with it, the WiFi router. So my laptop will get a workout!

Jody
11-05-2007, 05:58 AM
I am back in NZ now.

Suffering in the hell that is my mother's ancient dial-up!

But I have good news! Tomorrow the broadband gets hooked up, and with it, the WiFi router. So my laptop will get a workout!

Is it good to be home, Kap?

I can't even imagine using 'dialup' any longer, it seems nearly 'ancient' now, as many things quickly do with technology. Once you're on broadband, you will never go back. It's kind of like men....once you've had the cream of the crop, you just can't settle for anything less ever again. ;) Don't ask me how I made that correlation. :D

Did you truly enjoy America? I hope it was a positive experience. Since I've really only been to Mexico a few times, and no other place outside of the U.S., I have no way to compare myself. However, I do not like Mexico---at all. It's dangerous for women to travel in. Cannot trust the food. Don't drink the water.

So....I guess we need a summary from you on your trip now! :D

Hawgdriver
11-06-2007, 08:57 PM

Kap,

I was so bummed about not meeting up with you, I still am. I really was getting antsy and the staff at Pints was NOT helping matters (ie they decided I actually didn't exist, even though there were only 6 people there). I feel bad about missing you, but our communication was so hit or miss I wasn't sure if you would make it. And they wouldn't feed me. I was seriously grumpy, and worried about not being ready for my test ($3000+ if I pass). I just took my exam this morning, I'm so glad I'll have a little bit of a life again, but I'm worried because I'm right on the border of passing or not.

If you wore those cheetah pumps, I'm seriously depressed now.

You'll still help me plan my trip to your homeland, right?

Kapaibro
11-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I will gladly help anyone plan a trip to NZ! I was gutted to have missed you, but met some nice people at the bar around the corner!

The whole time was great fun, and the weather was awesome.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Kap - Did you make it to the Rally for the Rockies? If so, how did it go for you?

Kapaibro
11-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Kap - Did you make it to the Rally for the Rockies? If so, how did it go for you?

I did make it! It was really cool (and cold)! I was stunned at how many of the Rox turned up, and took lots of pics of Garrett!

Unfortunately the players didn't stop to sign anything for the crowd, but it was awesome to see them up so damn close!

Uncle Buck
11-07-2007, 01:01 AM
I will gladly help anyone plan a trip to NZ! I was gutted to have missed you, but met some nice people at the bar around the corner!

The whole time was great fun, and the weather was awesome.

Glad that you enjoyed Denver, Kap! <s>

Kapaibro
11-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Well, I'm having a great time doing nothing here in NZ.

I have managed to get my folks to get broadband installed, praise the gods of internet!

I've been to the racetrack to help my mum with her racehorse, feed up, pulled weeds, carted rubbish in the wheelbarrow, had a barbeque and caught up with family!

I'm taking my niece and nephews to see Ratatouille on Sunday, so expect a review! They are awesome kids, and we had a great time watching Ice Age 2 last year, so I think they will like this one too!

The weather has been pretty good apart from 1 1/2 days of rain, but that gives you a good excuse to stay inside doing nothing!

Kapaibro
11-19-2007, 01:43 AM
So with 4 days left of my holiday, I thought I'd update y'all!

I've had a great holiday! I've seen both of our mares have foals, and our horse, Buzz, run 3rd in his very first race!

I had a great time at my brothers 21st, and my best friend was so cool, and came down and saw me for the night! She had a cool time, and was hit upon by a friend of my brother's, and another one at the nightclub later!
My little sister had a lovely barbeque and engagement party, and I also got to spend a day in Wellington today, with another of my best friends!
The time I have gotten to spend with my family and friends has been just what I needed, and has helped to get my mind sorted about what I want to do. I am definitely going to search long and hard for a job in Denver, or Colorado, and work out what I need to do to get my Green Card.

Kapaibro
11-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Longhaul flights suck. Seriously.

Flying coach, sucks!

Babies on longhaul flights suck.

Hotels and the beds in them rock! Hot showers after 24 hours in planes squished next to some random person, rock!

Sleep is the bestest thing EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawgdriver
11-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Well, I'm having a great time doing nothing here in NZ.

I have managed to get my folks to get broadband installed, praise the gods of internet!

I've been to the racetrack to help my mum with her racehorse, feed up, pulled weeds, carted rubbish in the wheelbarrow, had a barbeque and caught up with family!

I'm taking my niece and nephews to see Ratatouille on Sunday, so expect a review! They are awesome kids, and we had a great time watching Ice Age 2 last year, so I think they will like this one too!

The weather has been pretty good apart from 1 1/2 days of rain, but that gives you a good excuse to stay inside doing nothing!

Sounds like you had a good time...how was the weather down there? I'm sure balmier than these parts--you sure Denver would fit you?

How was the rat movie?

Kapaibro
11-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm finally back home, and my dogs are being uber-dorks!

I guess they thought I'd never come home!

Snapping Turtle
11-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm glad you got home safe and that your puppies missed you! :D