PDA

View Full Version : Cast-off 2008 Broncos playing anywhere?

MHCBill
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Besides Jay Cutler... is there a single Bronco that played in 2008 that has been signed by any NFL team?

Nate Webster...
Dewayne Robertson...
John Engelberger...
Marquand Manuel...
Marlon McCree...
Dre Bly...
Michael Pitmann...
Ebenezer Ekuban...
Niko Koutivedes...
Calvin Lowry...

My God, our talent last year was horrible. It's amazing we were 8-5 at one point. I'm sure I'm forgetting other scrubs, but if this doesn't speak volumes about the lack of talent then nothing will.

Flatinum
05-01-2009, 10:14 AM
After looking at that list I can't see how anyone would question the firing of "The Mastermind".

shank
05-01-2009, 10:16 AM
niko got picked up by the bucs.

other teams had to of been laughing at us when we started lowry. i seriously think he is the worst football player i've ever seen. and he started for us for a pretty long stretch :tsk:

Dr Velcro
05-01-2009, 10:17 AM
You may find the majority of them at your participating area Denny's kitchen.

shank
05-01-2009, 10:23 AM
and i don't understand how niko got signed. robertson, bly, pittman, and ek were all much better than him. i'm pretty sure i remember niko running away from ball carriers at times. he was terrible.

Dirk
05-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Wow. I never even thought about that. Pretty sad...:tsk:

Fan in Exile
05-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Letting Pears go and getting rid of Leach were the two moves that I really disagreed with, and they both got picked up. The other guys didn't bother me at all.

I can't think of the Lowry you guys are talking about. I've been trying for a while now but when it seems like I've almost got it, I break out into a cold sweat and start shaking.

MHCBill
05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Pears is gone?

I forgot about Leach. He did get signed, so that too speaks volumes.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Apparently Bly was at the Nuggets game the other night with his old teammates. Seems like he is sticking around the area for now.

SOCALORADO.
05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Besides Jay Cutler... is there a single Bronco that played in 2008 that has been signed by any NFL team?

Nate Webster...
Dewayne Robertson...
John Engelberger...
Marquand Manuel...
Marlon McCree...
Dre Bly...
Michael Pitmann...
Ebenezer Ekuban...
Niko Koutivedes...
Calvin Lowry...

My God, our talent last year was horrible. It's amazing we were 8-5 at one point. I'm sure I'm forgetting other scrubs, but if this doesn't speak volumes about the lack of talent then nothing will.

Good lord, thats pathetic.
Whats even worse looking back is the endless defending and the excuse making that went on trying to desperately make these chumps out to be "decent" players. Man, thats bad.

GEM
05-01-2009, 10:48 AM
You may find the majority of them at your participating area Denny's kitchen.

T-Mobile. :whistles:

McKeough
05-01-2009, 11:18 AM

Jay Cutler. :coffee:

CrazyHorse
05-01-2009, 11:18 AM
T-Mobile. :whistles:

Come on. Tatum Bell is at least CFL material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bGnX90lERo

getlynched47
05-01-2009, 11:38 AM

Nate Webster...
Dewayne Robertson...
John Engelberger...
Marquand Manuel...
Marlon McCree...
Dre Bly...
Michael Pitmann...
Ebenezer Ekuban...
Niko Koutivedes...
Calvin Lowry...

Why did we get 8 wins that that much scrub talent? Because of Jay Cutler. You heard it here...

But that's funny though.......nobody is touching our cast offs....except Niko is in Tampa and Calvin Lowry is with the Jaguars I think.

Other than that......LMAO...

Fan in Exile
05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't want to defend our guys too much, but let's not go overboard too much.

They weren't scrubs. They were second and third tier guys who were being asked to do too much in a bad scheme.

The reason that they aren't getting picked up is their age. These are the type of guys that nobody picks up right now. You figure it's not too hard to draft someone as good who will be younger and cheaper. They'll get picked up if those draft picks don't pan out and a team has a need. They'll still be pretty cheap and they can learn the system fast because they've got experience.

broncofaninfla
05-01-2009, 11:48 AM

They weren't scrubs. They were second and third tier guys who were being asked to do too much in a bad scheme.

The reason that they aren't getting picked up is their age. These are the type of guys that nobody picks up right now. You figure it's not too hard to draft someone as good who will be younger and cheaper. They'll get picked up if those draft picks don't pan out and a team has a need. They'll still be pretty cheap and they can learn the system fast because they've got experience.

Nate Webster is a scrub

Fan in Exile
05-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Nate Webster is a scrub

Nate Webster was a back-up who had to start because Koutivides couldn't handle it. If he would have remained our back-up the way he was supposed to we wouldn't hate him anywhere near as much as we do. 2nd tier guy asked to do too much.

getlynched47
05-01-2009, 12:53 PM

No they weren't 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Shanahan actually looked as Robertson, Bly, Webster, Manuel, McCree, etc. as quality starters. Funny thing is.......they SUCKED.

broncofaninfla
05-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Nate Webster was a back-up who had to start because Koutivides couldn't handle it. If he would have remained our back-up the way he was supposed to we wouldn't hate him anywhere near as much as we do. 2nd tier guy asked to do too much.

Why waste a roster spot on a guy who can be nothing more than a back up? Every player in this league is one play away from being out for the season. Teams need to have a guy who is ready to step up and start not one who over pursues, arm tackles and can't keep his helmet on. I wish Nate the best but he is by far one of the worst defenders Denver has ever had.

Flatinum
05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Why waste a roster spot on a guy who can be nothing more than a back up? Every player in this league is one play away from being out for the season. Teams need to have a guy who is ready to step up and start not one who over pursues, arm tackles and can't keep his helmet on. I wish Nate the best but he is by far one of the worst defenders Denver has ever had.

I've always wanted to ask the "Mastermind" that question.

Orange Blizzard
05-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Anthony Alridge got picked up by Minnesota.

Shazam!
05-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Why did we get 8 wins that that much scrub talent? Because of Jay Cutler. You heard it here...

Most of those guys on that list were defense. Cutler didn't do it by himself. You heard it here...

Fan in Exile
05-02-2009, 08:00 AM
No they weren't 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Shanahan actually looked as Robertson, Bly, Webster, Manuel, McCree, etc. as quality starters. Funny thing is.......they SUCKED.

You're throwing too many people in there. Robertson was a gamble, everyone knew that going in. Bly was a pretty good starter, although there is a lot of hate for him here. Webster was only ever supposed to be a back-up Manuel and McCree were stop gaps. They were the best of what was available.

Shanny's problem with the D wasn't that he thought these guys were so great it was that he spent so much time on the offense that when the D got old and fell apart he couldn't bring in guys fast enough to fix it. For instance M&M were servicable starters when they were playing behind better O-lines and with better people in the secondary when they got to our defense which was full of guys like that things fell apart.

You're right of course we should have quality starters backing up every position. Pat should also fly all of the Bronco fans to every game were he would give away the tickets so we could all watch every game live. We'll also win every game by 40 points the QB will never throw an INT, and the defense will cause a turn over on every drive. Then when we're done playing Madden we can get back to the real world.