PDA

View Full Version : Official Top 100 players thread.

ShaneFalco
04-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Top 100 players of 2012. Players vote on who they think are the best players.

. Will Von miller make top 20? Do you think Champ or Dawkins will make it again this year? also Rumours of Tebow being at #24, i think he will be around #80.

Will manning make the list even if he didnt play? And if so... is that wrong? I think manning should be at least top 20 because of the Colts Record.

/discuss

shank
04-25-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm a Tebow fan, and there's no way he makes the list.

FanInAZ
04-25-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm a Tebow fan, and there's no way he makes the list.

If this list is done by the NFLN, then Tebow will be in the top 20, maybe even the top 10. I used to watch their "Top 10 this…" & "Top 10 that..." episodes, until it became clear that they were always throwing in 1 or 2 that were totally off the wall. Then they would have retired players & other "experts" all ask, "Who made this list? I'd still like to know the answer as much as they would. I've finally conclude that these list made with the motto, "conflict = rating," and therefore would try to invent conflict by making these totally off the wall assessment that none of their "experts" agreed with. That’s why I stop watching these NFLN list long before they started doing their Top 100 lists.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Von Miller isn't even 24th.

If Tebow even sniffs that list you can just start associating the NFL with the WWF. I guarantee you the players did not vote him in and at that point the NFL will have exposed the entire event as a ratings driven charade. Tebow isn't even one of the top 100 QB's, the fact that they even ask if Tebow is one of the Top100 shows how pathetic the Tebowmania is.......

Northman
04-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Ive seen the ads on NFL Network and they have indeed showed Tebow being mentioned. Whether or not he makes the list i dont know but 100 players is a lot but i guess it comes down to how much Tim plays this year.

MOtorboat
04-25-2012, 10:04 PM
I'd almost guarantee Tebow is on the list.

Just remember he single-handedly turned the most irrelevant franchise in sports around. He revolutionized the game, and he won the Super Bowl.

ShaneFalco
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM

If Tebow even sniffs that list you can just start associating the NFL with the WWF. I guarantee you the players did not vote him in and at that point the NFL will have exposed the entire event as a ratings driven charade. Tebow isn't even one of the top 100 QB's, the fact that they even ask if Tebow is one of the Top100 shows how pathetic the Tebowmania is.......

We should be happy if he makes it as a Bronco. But no, you gotta turn it into this bullshit. its not best players at their position... its just top 100 players. VOTED BY THE PLAYERS. has nothing to do with NFL network or the media except for the fact they are going to broadcast the show. I cant believe you actually trying to bash other players if they vote tebow in... Let go of your hate and try to remember some of the good times we had last season while looking forward to the new one.

shank
04-25-2012, 10:12 PM
if the players did the voting, i just don't see him getting in. a lot of them respect tebow's leadership, fire, and work ethic, but that's not what this list is. players know that at this time, tebow isn't a top 100 player.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2012, 10:12 PM
its not best players at their position... its just top 100 players. VOTED BY THE PLAYERS. has nothing to do with NFL network or the media except for the fact they are going to broadcast the show. I cant believe you actually trying to bash other players if they vote tebow in... Let go of your hate and try to remember some of the good times we had last season while looking forward to the new one.

We should be happy if he makes it as a Bronco. But no, you gotta turn it into this bullshit.I know what the show is, I also know there is no way in hell the players voted Tebow any where near the Top100.

Suck a fart, I don't hate Tebow.......

MOtorboat
04-25-2012, 10:14 PM
if the players did the voting, i just don't see him getting in. a lot of them respect tebow's leadership, fire, and work ethic, but that's not what this list is. players know that at this time, tebow isn't a top 100 player.

You are SO wrong. Players KNOW the storm that's coming.

ShaneFalco
04-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I know what the show is, I also know there is no way in hell the players voted Tebow any where near the Top100.

Suck a fart, I don't hate Tebow.......

how minutes per day do you spend pedaling this drivel? you couldnt wait to scream how much he doesnt deserve to be in top 100 AS A BRONCO. Thats sad to me.

ill be glad if another bronco player is on the list, just like i will be glad if manning is on the list, cuz he is a bronco now.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
how minutes per day do you spend pedaling this drivel? Bout 5.......10 minutes.......

Timmy!
04-25-2012, 10:36 PM
tebow:ratings. NFL network needs: #1, ratings.....so tebow is in the promo. What an effing shocker. Is tebow a top 100 player?.....not likely, but hey sure, why not put him at #100.

FanInAZ
04-25-2012, 10:57 PM
100 players/32 teams = 3.125 per team making this list. So how many 2011 Broncos would I put ahead of Tebow on this list? 1st I’ll list our Pro Bowler (kind of hard to make a case that Tebow MUST be a top 100 player when he wasn’t even selected).

Champ Bailey
Elvis Dumervil
Von Miller

As far as other 2011 Broncos that played their respective positions better than Tebow:

Brian Dawkins
Willis McGahee
Britton Colquitt

If Tebow isn’t a top 6 player on his own team, how does he make the top 100 of the league? I’m not so sure that there’s not at least 4 other players on the 2011 Broncos that played their positions better than Tebow. That would mean that he wasn’t even a top 10 player for his own team.

broncobryce
04-25-2012, 11:07 PM
He'll make it. He was a big reason the team made the playoffs. Anyone who denies that, is bias.

FanInAZ
04-25-2012, 11:24 PM
He'll make it. He was a big reason the team made the playoffs. Anyone who denies that, is bias.

I'm not bias. In fact, I think we made a mistake giving up on him this soon in favor of a QB who's in the twilight of his career. I'm just hoping that is move doesn't come back to bite us. However, I just named 6 2011 Broncos who I believe did more to help this team into the play-offs then Tebow did because they did a better job of playing their respective positions.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2012, 11:41 PM

Really? Saying a backup QB is not a top100 player is biased?.......

ShaneFalco
04-26-2012, 08:53 AM
As far as other 2011 Broncos that played their respective positions better than Tebow:

Brian Dawkins
Willis McGahee
Britton Colquitt

If Tebow isn’t a top 6 player on his own team, how does he make the top 100 of the league? I’m not so sure that there’s not at least 4 other players on the 2011 Broncos that played their positions better than Tebow. That would mean that he wasn’t even a top 10 player for his own team.

you dont get the process. its not players at their position. its overall player. and that is tebow, he is a good player, not a "great" qb. A punter???... tell me when was the last time a punter made the top 100? never... Kick returners make it over Punters.. because they can kick a ball does not make them a great player or physical athlete.

Mcgahee might be around 80-100. As will tebow. But to be honest, some players might not think tebow has done enough yet, so there is a good chance he wont even make the list.

i think it would be cool to have another player from our team from 2012 on the list. I wonder what team will have the most top 100 players.

Jsteve01
04-26-2012, 09:12 AM
lol what a turn this thread has taken

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Holy shit! Britton Colquitt is a far better player at his position in the NFL than Tebow is at this point. It's not even close. As a matter of fact, Colquitt wouldn't have been able to have nearly the impact he had if Tebow wasn't so F'n bad.

And that's the point, if a punter doesn't belong it the Top100 there is no way in hell Tim Tebow does.......

Chef Zambini
04-26-2012, 11:52 AM
have the results been posted?

Chef Zambini
04-26-2012, 11:52 AM
tim might be #100

NightTerror218
04-26-2012, 11:59 AM
100 players/32 teams = 3.125 per team making this list. So how many 2011 Broncos would I put ahead of Tebow on this list? 1st I’ll list our Pro Bowler (kind of hard to make a case that Tebow MUST be a top 100 player when he wasn’t even selected).

Champ Bailey
Elvis Dumervil
Von Miller

Brian Dawkins
Willis McGahee
Britton Colquitt

He was also a Pro Bowl Alternative. If Dalton did not go Tebow would have. The players will prob vote him in after the Steelers game and the way the team turned around after he became QB. They see that and I guess the Broncos will have 5 players on that list including Tebow (since he was a Bronco last season). NFL players went crazy on twitter about Tebow and not doubting him after that game.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 12:29 PM
have the results been posted?

No, they have a weekly show starting Saturday. They're pimpin Tebow as the 24th best in their teasers.......

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 12:32 PM
He was also a Pro Bowl Alternative. If Dalton did not go Tebow would have. The players will prob vote him in after the Steelers game and the way the team turned around after he became QB. They see that and I guess the Broncos will have 5 players on that list including Tebow (since he was a Bronco last season). NFL players went crazy on twitter about Tebow and not doubting him after that game.Tebow was an alternate because he finished 3rd in fan voting, he was nowhere to be found in coach/player voting.......

MOtorboat
04-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Is this the same list that a bunch of players came out last year and said they had no clue who actually voted in it when NFL was pimping it as player-voted?

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Is this the same list that a bunch of players came out last year and said they had no clue who actually voted in it when NFL was pimping it as player-voted?Yep, the big controversy over Donovan McNabb started it.......

dogfish
04-26-2012, 12:41 PM
I'd almost guarantee Tebow is on the list.

Just remember he single-handedly turned the most irrelevant franchise in sports around. He revolutionized the game, and he won the Super Bowl.

SSSSHHHH! Don't you cry, now, boys. The bad, bad man has gone far away-- he can't hurt you any more.

Jsteve01
04-26-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't get the continued obsession with him...this is worse than post Cutler.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 12:52 PM
SSSSHHHH! Don't you cry, now, boys. The bad, bad man has gone far away-- he can't hurt you any more.

Sorry, I just have a low tolerance for bullshit.......

EastCoastBronco
04-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Are there 100 players today in the NFL better than Tebow? Yep.
Do I hope he makes it onto the list? Sure, why not.

I really don't understand all of the totally polar attitudes toward this guy...pro or con.
I haven't had much fun watching the Broncos the past decade.
Last year I had fun watching the Broncos.
Tebow was a big part of that.
Put his ass on the list...;-)

Flame away...

ShaneFalco
04-26-2012, 05:27 PM

hahah :) i know right, some people cant let him go, suprisingly its the people who hate him.

Ravage!!!
04-26-2012, 05:51 PM

Yeah, no one could have an opposing opinion and not be bias.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 05:55 PM
hahah :) i know right, some people cant let him go, suprisingly its the people who hate him.

I didn't post this thread. If you don't want opinions on Tim Tebow don't post threads about him.......

ShaneFalco
04-26-2012, 05:56 PM
no you didnt post it, your just the first to derail it. Congrats you get a gold staaaaaaaaaaaaar.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
no you didnt post it, your just the first to derail it. Congrats you get a gold staaaaaaaaaaaaar.

How did l derail it? This is a thread about Tim Tebow and I posted about Tim Tebow.......

ShaneFalco
04-26-2012, 05:59 PM
no its a thread about which broncos players could make the top 100.
Tebow is really just a bonus if he is added. sorry but not everything in my world has to do with tebow.
Im just gunna stop replying to your trollish ways. Which is only derailing the thread further.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 06:02 PM
no its a thread about which broncos players could make the top 100.

tebow is really just a bonus if he is added. sorry but not everything in my world has to do with tebow.

You brought him up and said "discuss\", if you didn't want him discussed don't bring him up.......

ShaneFalco
04-28-2012, 08:15 PM
tebow makes #95 willis mcagahee makes # 97

apparently Tebow has earned the respect of some NFL player and mcagahee still has the respect while bouncing from team to team! props guys!

Happy to see 2 players from last season make the list already!

ShaneFalco
04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
The dynamic rushing duo!

Lancane
04-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Von Miller said that Tebow should be in the top fifteen or something to that effect. Love Von, but maybe we need to look closer at his Wonderlic score!

As for this thread, people need to grow up and quit throwing fits when someone makes a post that doesn't agree with their own thoughts. As for me, no... I don't believe Tebow belongs on the list, just like he didn't deserve to be voted in the Pro-Bowl and received votes anyways. Tebow as a football player is unique and I think that he really hasn't found his place in the league. I have a hard time believing that Tebow as a quarterback with the horrendously poor overall play last year despite the results belongs on this list. Like it or not, that is my opinion.

ShaneFalco
04-28-2012, 08:39 PM
99.chris johnson
98. ryan kalil
97. mcgahee
96. donald penn
95.tebow
94.marshawn lynch
93. Courtland Finnegan
92. John Kuhn
91. Tony Romo

broncobryce
04-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah, no one could have an opposing opinion and not be bias.

Being how this team was deader than dead at 1-4 before he started playing then all the sudden the team goes on a win streak, yes, saying he wasn't a huge reason why we made the playoffs is being bias. And obviously the guys who play the game agree with me, not you.

Lancane
04-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Being how this team was deader than dead at 1-4 before he started playing then all the sudden the team goes on a win streak, yes, saying he wasn't a huge reason why we made the playoffs is being bias. And obviously the guys who play the game agree with me, not you.

Some of them, it's far from a consensus there Bryce.

Chef Zambini
04-29-2012, 12:01 AM
tebow is the most polarizing personality in sports since howard cosell.
he is BUZZ, he generates passion and discussion.

somehow he is loved and hated with equal enthusiasm by the extremists, and the folks in the middle are sick of being bombarded with all the cross-fire !

I am glad he is gone!

the media focus was exciting for awhile, especially for a bronco fan living outsdide colorado,but...
the hoopla was distracting and, as honestly expressed by a few teammates, a little disturbing as well.
enjoy the headache new york !

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 12:24 AM

Do we have any clue who voted this year? Last year, not a single player said he voted. Not one.

Lancane
04-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Do we have any clue who voted this year? Last year, not a single player said he voted. Not one.

Not sure, but Von Miller said Tebow should be in the Top Fifteen I believe, so he likely voted for him.

MOtorboat
04-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Not sure, but Von Miller said Tebow should be in the Top Fifteen I believe, so he likely voted for him.

Miller seems like a Champ Bailey type.

The win streak was more about him than it ever was about Tebow. He was the most dominant player in the league for a seven or eight game stretch, and when he got hurt, Denver suffered.

Tebow? He played shitty the whole time and got way too much credit for it.

ShaneFalco
04-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Even miller,bailey,Decker, hell even ryan clark on the steelers, give credit where its due. not some disgruntled fan on a bronco forum.

If you actually watched the interview, you should realize it doesnt matter what you say about the kid anymore. In fact it has never mattered. ;)

best part about this , you guys are actually this arrogant to say these things when the next season hasnt even started yet. Kinda like the same people who are saying we are guranteed playoffs...Might want to wait a couple years before passing judgement.

Lancane
04-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Even miller,bailey,Decker, hell even ryan clark on the steelers, give credit where its due. not some disgruntled fan on a bronco forum.

If you actually watched the interview, you should realize it doesnt matter what you say about the kid anymore. In fact it has never mattered. ;)

Your right, it doesn't matter, he's no longer a Bronco so it really makes no difference at this point and time.

Simple Jaded
04-29-2012, 08:16 AM
No way in hell this is legit. Did Florida count the votes?.......

Lancane
04-29-2012, 09:20 PM

That's hilarious! :lol:

catfish
04-30-2012, 07:28 AM

I will admit, that is pretty damn funny

catfish
04-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Von Miller said that Tebow should be in the top fifteen or something to that effect. Love Von, but maybe we need to look closer at his Wonderlic score!

As for this thread, people need to grow up and quit throwing fits when someone makes a post that doesn't agree with their own thoughts. As for me, no... I don't believe Tebow belongs on the list, just like he didn't deserve to be voted in the Pro-Bowl and received votes anyways. Tebow as a football player is unique and I think that he really hasn't found his place in the league. I have a hard time believing that Tebow as a quarterback with the horrendously poor overall play last year despite the results belongs on this list. Like it or not, that is my opinion.

I think Ryan Clark's statement shows how Tebow go on the list. All he says is he took over a 1-4 team and made the playoffs, then beat the steelers. If you are busy during the NFL season with your own NFL duties and don't pay much attention I can see how that would be enough. My guess is that thought process got Tebow on more than a few ballots. I will stand up and argue that he was not as bad as many on the forums claim he was, but no way is he a top 100 guy. The best I can argue is he is a below average guy who can improve much like many other young guys. profootbalfocus.com is doing a top101 as well, interesting results to compare

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/04/29/pff-top-101-of-2011-101-to-91/

broncobryce
04-30-2012, 12:06 PM

Very true. What I'm arguing is a guy who took a dead team and lifted them enough to win the division and to the playoffs deserves to be on the top 100. And enough players in the NFL agreed with me. Obviously more than not.

broncobryce
04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
I guess winning doesn't matter after all. Who wants to do that? I want a pretty spiral!

Simple Jaded
04-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah who needs to be able to play QB when you can just "will" the team to do all the heavy lifting for ya.......

NightTerror218
04-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah who needs to be able to play QB when you can just "will" the team to do all the heavy lifting for ya.......

If you get the WINS who cares

Simple Jaded
04-30-2012, 07:25 PM
If you get the WINS who caresEverybody but Tebow fans. I notice there isn't a lot of this nonsense in discussions about other players, everybody else could replaced and nobody would say a F'n word.......

Nomad
04-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Are there 100 players today in the NFL better than Tebow? Yep.
Do I hope he makes it onto the list? Sure, why not.

I really don't understand all of the totally polar attitudes toward this guy...pro or con.
I haven't had much fun watching the Broncos the past decade.
Last year I had fun watching the Broncos.
Tebow was a big part of that.
Put his ass on the list...;-)

Flame away...

I can agree with this. Tebow probably isn't better than a 100 players but he did make last year fun to watch.

Simple Jaded
04-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Andre' Goodman WON too, he was far better at his position. Nobody cared when he was replaced.......

EMB6903
04-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Andre' Goodman WON too, he was far better at his position. Nobody cared when he was replaced.......

I dont agree that Tebow is one of the top 100 players in the NFL. That being said.....

No way possible was Andre Goodman better as his position than Tim Tebow was as a QB.

Simple Jaded
04-30-2012, 11:05 PM
I dont agree that Tebow is one of the top 100 players in the NFL. That being said.....

No way possible was Andre Goodman better as his position than Tim Tebow was as a QB.
Last time we saw him there were multiple routes on the tree that Tebow had absolutely no chance of completing, he went multiple quarters where he didn't complete a single pass, there were games where the opposing QB had more TD passes at the end of the 3rd quarter than Tebow had completions, he can't anticipate the sun rising in the east and there are out of work comedians with speech impediments that have better timing. The Broncos had to implement his high school offense because, as his own HC put it; "he'd be screwed in a normal offense".

He was by far the worst passer in the league in 2011 and there was no Broncos starter that played worse than Tebow, not even Goodman.......

FanInAZ
05-01-2012, 02:10 AM
If you get the WINS who cares

You’re absolutely right! We should have gotten nothing but QBs in FA & the draft. In fact, every player on our roster should be a QB because they are the one & only reason that teams win games. It doesn't matter that the D would usually keep Tebow in the game by making big plays from the opening KO to the final gun; while Tebow usually stunk it up for the 1st 3 to 3 1/2 quarters before finally playing like he belonged in the NFL for less quarter a game, Tebow is the one and only player that deserves credit for those wins because he's the QB.

sneakers
05-01-2012, 04:10 AM
Did orton make the list????

FanInAZ
05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I just thought of the perfect analogy to describe Tebow’s 2011 “heroics.” Several years ago, a firefighter was arrested of arson after he started a forest fire in order to create work for himself. Yes, Tebow did do his part to pull the Broncos out of the fire last year, but can he be considered the hero of those games when he created the fire in the 1st place with his horrendous play through 3 to 3 ½ quarters?

ShaneFalco
05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
give it a rest... hes on the top 100.the actual people who play the game voted him in. get over it.

anyways off the tebow nonsense... I wonder who will be added this weekend. its 80-90 this weekend. I also am trying to figure out who will be top 10. I wonder if they will crown eli #1 over Brady and Rodgers, etc.

broncofaninfla
05-02-2012, 10:41 AM
If this was a poll as voted by the players for the top 100 football players then I can see Tebow making the mistake being justified in doing so. If it were best QB's then no way he makes it. IMO Tebow is one of the better players in the league but has a long way to go to be one of the better QB's in the league.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
again.... did the players really vote this time? Because last time they promoted that it was a player voted list, and the players said they didn't vote at all. I don't think the players really voted, but know that Tebow is a big 'draw' to any football discussion. So by that alone, I think Tebow makes the "top 100"purely for tv ratings.

ShaneFalco
05-02-2012, 03:55 PM
so sad.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-02-2012, 04:24 PM
I just thought of the perfect analogy to describe Tebow’s 2011 “heroics.” Several years ago, a firefighter was arrested of arson after he started a forest fire in order to create work for himself. Yes, Tebow did do his part to pull the Broncos out of the fire last year, but can he be considered the hero of those games when he created the fire in the 1st place with his horrendous play through 3 to 3 ½ quarters?

Really? We were 1 and 4 before he started, 4-12 the year before, and 8-8 the year before that... Now you're going to insinuate that Tebow somehow put us in a hole for 3 1/2 quarters of every game just to save us from the jaws of defeat? How about the team sucked serious shit and he did his part to make a 4-12 team (and was on track to do so again) 8-8 and win the division and a playoff game. He did as much for the team as Mcgahee, Von Miller, Champ Bailey, Ryan Clady, or any other starter did.

Let it go folks, Tebow wasn't a great QB but he was a great Bronco and this team played it's best football of the past 2 years with him leading it...

Lancane
05-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Let it go folks, Tebow wasn't a great QB but he was a great Bronco and this team played it's best football of the past 2 years with him leading it...

I completely and wholeheartedly disagree - he wasn't a great quarterback, he was a good Bronco and an all around solid athlete, but the Broncos didn't play their best football of the past two years, they simply played the best fourth quarters of football in nearly a decade, and it was in those fourth quarters that was when Tebow was worth a damn despite his shortcomings. That alone does not make him worthy of being voted in the Top 100.

ShaneFalco
05-02-2012, 05:12 PM
well the players feel it does and he is on the list. So get over it.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
You’re absolutely right! We should have gotten nothing but QBs in FA & the draft. In fact, every player on our roster should be a QB because they are the one & only reason that teams win games. It doesn't matter that the D would usually keep Tebow in the game by making big plays from the opening KO to the final gun; while Tebow usually stunk it up for the 1st 3 to 3 1/2 quarters before finally playing like he belonged in the NFL for less quarter a game, Tebow is the one and only player that deserves credit for those wins because he's the QB.

Did i say any of that bull shit? I am not bullgator over here jacking off to a poster of tebow.

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 05:27 PM
again.... did the players really vote this time? Because last time they promoted that it was a player voted list, and the players said they didn't vote at all. I don't think the players really voted, but know that Tebow is a big 'draw' to any football discussion. So by that alone, I think Tebow makes the "top 100"purely for tv ratings.

who said they didn't vote?

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 05:28 PM
I completely and wholeheartedly disagree - he wasn't a great quarterback, he was a good Bronco and an all around solid athlete, but the Broncos didn't play their best football of the past two years, they simply played the best fourth quarters of football in nearly a decade, and it was in those fourth quarters that was when Tebow was worth a damn despite his shortcomings. That alone does not make him worthy of being voted in the Top 100.

I think the steelers game alone would put him in it. Did you watch Twitter blow up with NFL players congratulating him and backing him up. Numerous tweets about "How can you doubt him now"

MOtorboat
05-02-2012, 05:30 PM
who said they didn't vote?

Last year, a bunch of them...

ShaneFalco
05-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Last year, a bunch of them...

so full of it. thats not at all what happened. Last year they hosted it at the pro bowl. the players would come by and vote. Some players supposdly missed the time and never made it to vote. Thats where the statements saying they didnt get to vote came from. This year, they invited the best performing players, rookies, leaders and stars from last season and had them vote. They even mentioned sending out a ballot to all the players who could not come for the tv interview. So yes they voted. GET OVER IT.

MOtorboat
05-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh...so something like 3 or 4 percent of the players in the league voted...

Yeah, that totally dispels that...

NightTerror218
05-02-2012, 06:26 PM

Proof that its not media driven

ShaneFalco
05-02-2012, 07:21 PM

how did you come up with that? LOL.

it could be 80% for all you know... some people..

MOtorboat
05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
how did you come up with that? LOL.

it could be 80% for all you know... some people..

Let's see, how would I possibly come up with that?

Well, most players were confused last year as to who voted, I voiced that and you countered with that the voting occurred at the Pro Bowl, and that possibly that some there didn't vote.

There are 1700 players in the NFL (53 times 32 is 1696...so realistically we're talking about 1800-1900 guys who suit up every season, but let's go with 1700, just to give you the benefit of the doubt). About 100 get invited to and attend the Pro Bowl.

That's 5 percent. If not all of those players voted, that's 3 or 4 percent.

Simple Jaded
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
well the players feel it does and he is on the list. So get over it.

That's the point, they don't. Tebow made Top10 Heisman winners in the NFL, are you telling me that he's one of the Top10 Heisman winners to ever play in the NFL? Of course not! No way, no how! But he's on that list too. Maybe the players voted on this but they did not count the votes.

As Stan and Kyle would say "Shenanigans!".......

ShaneFalco
05-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Let's see, how would I possibly come up with that?

Well, most players were confused last year as to who voted, I voiced that and you countered with that the voting occurred at the Pro Bowl, and that possibly that some there didn't vote.

There are 1700 players in the NFL (53 times 32 is 1696...so realistically we're talking about 1800-1900 guys who suit up every season, but let's go with 1700, just to give you the benefit of the doubt). About 100 get invited to and attend the Pro Bowl.

That's 5 percent. If not all of those players voted, that's 3 or 4 percent.
AGAIN.....THAT was last year, this year they sent out a ballot to all players, to prevent another mistake like last year. Apparently everyone voted, and they brought a few stars in for the interviews of who made the list. That NFL network chick was just talking about it on Total Acess.

That's the point, they don't. Tebow made Top10 Heisman winners in the NFL, are you telling me that he's one of the Top10 Heisman winners to ever play in the NFL? Of course not! No way, no how! But he's on that list too. Maybe the players voted on this but they did not count the votes.

As Stan and Kyle would say "Shenanigans!".......
o so they didnt count the votes now? Maybe if this was the republican GOP i would believe you. But this is just beyond silly the lengths you will go to, to act like tebow shouldnt be on this list. Its pathetic.

In fact the only damn people that i see saying the players didnt vote are you two. Do you see any players right now in the media or anywhere, saying they did not vote this year?

No you dont. End of Story. im just gunna drop it because regardless of what happened, you guys will believe what you want.

ShaneFalco
05-03-2012, 12:17 AM
90. Hakeem Nicks, NYG
89. Dwight Freeney, IND
88. Michael Turner, ATL
87. London Fletcher, WAS ( GLAD HE MADE IT THIS YEAR) he was snubbed last year
86. Darren Sproles, NO
85. NaVorro Bowman, SF
84. Chris Long, STL
83. Fred Jackson, BUF
82. Joe Thomas, CLE
81. Vince Wilfork, NE

Simple Jaded
05-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I didn't say the players didn't vote, l said they didn't vote for Tebow. No way in hell that's legit, NFLN put him in there. There is no way in hell a backup QB got in the Top100 on the strength of 6-7 drives against prevent and Cover-0, it's a fairy tale and you've literally just traded reality for magic beans.......

catfish
05-04-2012, 07:55 PM
I didn't say the players didn't vote, l said they didn't vote for Tebow. No way in hell that's legit, NFLN put him in there. There is no way in hell a backup QB got in the Top100 on the strength of 6-7 drives against prevent and Cover-0, it's a fairy tale and you've literally just traded reality for magic beans.......

He doesn't belong on the list IMO, but there is no conspiracy by the NFLN to get him on it. Ryan Clark summed up what the majority of the people who voted for him most likely thought. How much effort do you think the players really put into this list? I would be willing to bet 90% of them say took 1-4 team to playoffs and won a game + the ridiculous pr from having his name in the new and wrote him in as # 19 or 20 just to finish the list. I sincerely doubt any of them spent more then 5 minutes on the list

shank
05-05-2012, 02:44 PM
chronic is dangling from the t-sack and jaded misused the word literally. there is no correct side to choose in this argument.

broncobryce
05-05-2012, 04:13 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/ginuwin794/TEBOW-ENRAPTURED-1.gif

Timmy!
05-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Guys, lets talk about tebow some more.

broncobryce
05-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Guys, lets talk about tebow some more.

Never heard of him

Simple Jaded
05-05-2012, 07:33 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/ginuwin794/TEBOW-ENRAPTURED-1.gif
Lmao.

This picture says it all, Tim Tebow celebrating a field goal.......

ShaneFalco
05-05-2012, 09:18 PM
i believe that was a winning field goal vs the bears.

he should look sad when the broncos win!!!!

Simple Jaded
05-05-2012, 11:28 PM
i believe that was a winning field goal vs the bears.

he should look sad when the broncos win!!!!
That's what you got out of that? That I think he should be sad? Seriously, lay off the F'n weed.......

SmilinAssasSin27
05-06-2012, 09:31 AM
That's what you got out of that? That I think he should be sad? Seriously, lay off the F'n weed.......

To be honest...that's kinda how I took it too.

Chef Zambini
05-06-2012, 11:11 AM
maybe the point was the FG squad kicks the winning field goal, but tebow gets all the cameras and the pub.
the TEAM wins but tebow gets all the attention!
its that part, that may have bothered some players and coaches.
Not neccisarily timmys fault,but the sdame eeffect, regardless, !
did the cameras ever show the FG kicker, the holder or snapper after a winning or game tying FG/
NO !
did they ever interview one of the principles of our defense after they puled out another miraculous win for our team, NO !
and even when timmy said,
'i dont think its tebow time, i think its more like bronco time"
the media gushed,' "isnt timmy so wonderful and modest"

alittle resentment had to be a by-product of all the tebowmania.
can we please move on !

broncobryce
05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
The QB always gets more credit when the team wins, and more blame when the team loses. It's been that way as long as I can remember.

Simple Jaded
05-06-2012, 02:59 PM
To be honest...that's kinda how I took it too.

For all Tebow's accolades it's the unsung heroes like Prater that did all the heavy lifting. Prater kicks a walk off 60 yarder that the defense setup in OT and the camera zooms in on Tebow celebrating or praying. Tebow throws a 12 yard pass to Thomas who stiff arms one guy and outruns another for 67 yac and the camera zooms in on Tebow. That is Tebow in a nutshell and that pic says it all.......

ShaneFalco
05-06-2012, 09:03 PM
For all Tebow's accolades it's the unsung heroes like Prater that did all the heavy lifting. Prater kicks a walk off 60 yarder that the defense setup in OT and the camera zooms in on Tebow celebrating or praying. Tebow throws a 12 yard pass to Thomas who stiff arms one guy and outruns another for 67 yac and the camera zooms in on Tebow. That is Tebow in a nutshell and that pic says it all.......

Z1-xGuEkdLw

GEM
05-07-2012, 05:58 PM
I think we should just create an us vs. them forum for everyone that wants to continue the Tebow fighting. :laugh: Then we don't have to turn every freaking thread into a Tebow argument when the guy isn't even a Bronco anymore.

Simple Jaded
05-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Z1-xGuEkdLw

22YWYAtcyEA

ShaneFalco
05-07-2012, 11:25 PM
22YWYAtcyEA
o5gw0qUPxgU

ShaneFalco
05-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Von Miller got #52! Grats von! i think thats underrated! he should be top 20!

Simple Jaded
05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Von Miller got #52! Grats von! i think thats underrated! he should be top 20!

I don't know about top20, #52 is pretty reasonable for a rookie debut. Let's see who is ranked ahead of him, tho, #52 might be way too low.......

ShaneFalco
05-23-2012, 08:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d82949a4c/Top-100-Players-of-2012-Von-Miller

awesome vid, love champs comments

ShaneFalco
06-01-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d829765a0/The-Top-100-Players-of-2012-Champ-Bailey

Champ so underrated.

Champ talks about moving to safety as well. LOL. GETEM CHAMP!