PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with knowshon moreno?

sneakers
04-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Is he going to sign a new contract or is he going on the PUPpy list?

Simple Jaded
04-25-2012, 01:02 AM
You mean a paycut, sneaks? I haven't heard/read anything about it but l never got the impression that Moreno was the type, I'd be shocked if he re-worked his contract. However, it wouldn't be shocking at all if he ended up on the PUP, or any other injured list for that matter.......

Chef Zambini
04-25-2012, 01:30 AM
the only thing keeping KMs job and his spot on the roster is the insane cap hit we would take if we cut him !
maybe we are hoping to dump him in a draft day trade !
tuten,
goodman,
moreno.
take out the trash !

Papa-pwn
04-25-2012, 02:10 AM
What are you talking about? Why would he need to take a pay cut? He's scheduled to make 850k this year.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2012, 03:14 AM
What are you talking about? Why would he need to take a pay cut? He's scheduled to make 850k this year.

First of all he'd need to take a paycut cause he sucks. But maybe sneaks is talking about 2013 when Slowshon is galactically overpaid at 1.7 million. Or, better yet, maybe he's talking about Slowshon paying some money back. Possibly playing for free. :shrugs:.......

DenBronx
04-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I don't see how you cut a guy that is going to make 850k. Knowshon isnt elite by any means but he has shown flashes and has ripped long runs here and there. He is the best pass catching RB we have right now and with Mannings offense he might do very well. His contract might go up to 1.7 mill in 2013-2014 but for 2012-2013 season we are ok. We can either cut/trade him or restructure him after the season if he doesnt do well. If he does break out then leave it alone.

Ravage!!!
04-25-2012, 12:10 PM
I think the draft is going to have a lot to say on Knowshon's future here.

DenBronx
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM

If we pick DT in round 1 then I could see us getting a RB in round 2 or 3. I still think LaMichael James is a home run hitter and would be a good pick.

DT, RB, SS, CB, WR and QB. Those are all needs imo.

underrated29
04-25-2012, 12:37 PM
We are not getting a DT until later in the draft.....we will be taking a RB, but we will be keeping knowshon.

hotcarl
04-25-2012, 01:00 PM
he sucks, op

Papa-pwn
04-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Most of you are in dire need of a reality check. The lack of football knowledge and insane amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding. And it's only one page. Disappointing.

BroncoNut
04-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Most of you are in dire need of a reality check. The lack of football knowledge and insane amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding. And it's only one page. Disappointing.

well you have like what? 5 posts?

Nomad
04-25-2012, 04:10 PM
well you have like what? 5 posts?

You must be a genius. :lol: j/k nut!

Yeah, I like when people call each other ignorant and such, when at the same time, they're sitting on the same couch as the rest of us. I see alot of NFL teams beating down the door of that individual. Perhaps the individual could explain themselves.

dogfish
04-25-2012, 04:14 PM

WTF are you sniveling about?

you got something smart to say, say it big guy. . .

:welcome:

Nomad
04-25-2012, 04:17 PM
WTF are you sniveling about?

you got something smart to say, say it big guy. . .

:welcome:

His style kinda reminds me of the dude Lex.

Npba900
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Well I guess Papa-Yawn.....did have anything constructive to add.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2012, 10:47 PM

Your contribution was pointing out that Slowshon can't get any lower, that's hardly the work of a football genius.......

BroncoNut
04-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Moreno better step up his act.

Cugel
04-26-2012, 08:25 AM

They probably should keep him even if they draft a RB in the first round. You can't have too many RBs.

They COULD have utterly given up on him however, the way they did Goodman, and want to cut him despite the fact that he's only making $850,000 this season.

Here's his contract info:

8/7/2009: Signed a five-year, $16.7 million contract. (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/den/broncos) The deal contains $13.125 million guaranteed, including a second-year roster bonus of $3.775 million. Another $6.3 million is available through incentives. The Broncos can exercise an option year in 2014 by paying Moreno $5.08 million. 2012: $855,000, 2013: $1.7 million, 2014: Club Option, 2015: Free Agent

I don't know how much of his guaranteed money is left to be paid, but none is mentioned, so they probably paid it all up-front in the form of a signing bonus and 2nd year roster bonus. He's not going to start this season, so he probably won't get paid much if any of his incentive bonuses.

His chances of ever getting his $5 million next season are essentially ZERO.

Chef Zambini
04-26-2012, 09:03 AM
no I think I read somewhere that it nis spread out over the life of his contract, and while only half or so is guaranteed, the broncos will take a huge CAP hit if they do release him.
so by dumping moreno they lose money they can spend elsewhere. if they keep moreno at his modest SALARY, the cap money saved can buy a needed player.
morenos CONTRACT is keeping him in uniform, NOT his performance on the field.

Cugel
04-26-2012, 09:20 AM
no I think I read somewhere that it nis spread out over the life of his contract, and while only half or so is guaranteed, the broncos will take a huge CAP hit if they do release him.
so by dumping moreno they lose money they can spend elsewhere. if they keep moreno at his modest SALARY, the cap money saved can buy a needed player.
morenos CONTRACT is keeping him in uniform, NOT his performance on the field.

You're confusing the cap hit with the salary.

The Cap hit is calculated by taking the total amount of his signing bonus, and dividing by the total number of years and multiplying by the remaining, un-earned portion of the contract at the time he's released/cut/traded.

I.e. $9.3 million divided by 5 years = $1.87 per year x 2 years remaining = $3.74 million cap hit.

A bit steep, but the Broncos have plenty of cap room, they just are maxed out on their "budget". Well, I have ZERO sympathy for Pat Bowlen trying to be cheap and not spend the full amount of the cap on player salaries.

He's not even going to be able to do that next season, because of the new CBA.

BroncoNut
04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
If he is'nt showing at least a bit of improvement by game 7, I think Fox should pull him aside and say something like, "maybe you might be happier with another NFL team, maybe to backup Trent Richardson or someone like that"

GEM
04-26-2012, 10:53 AM
To answer your question, sneaks.....who gives a shit. NoShow sucks so it doesn't matter. ;)

GEM
04-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Astound us with your vast football knowledge. Hurry up with it already, stuck at work waiting for the draft...I need some effing entertainment.

Chef Zambini
04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
You're confusing the cap hit with the salary.

The Cap hit is calculated by taking the total amount of his signing bonus, and dividing by the total number of years and multiplying by the remaining, un-earned portion of the contract at the time he's released/cut/traded.

I.e. $9.3 million divided by 5 years = $1.87 per year x 2 years remaining = $3.74 million cap hit.

A bit steep, but the Broncos have plenty of cap room, they just are maxed out on their "budget". Well, I have ZERO sympathy for Pat Bowlen trying to be cheap and not spend the full amount of the cap on player salaries.

He's not even going to be able to do that next season, because of the new CBA.
no, you did a better job of providing figures and an equaSION AS AN EXAMPLE, BUT IT IS EXACTLY WHAT i said.
its not his salary, but his cap hit that would keep no-sho moreno on the team.
if we cut him, by your example, we lose $ 3.7 mill to spend on other players.

Chef Zambini
04-26-2012, 11:45 AM
I still hope we can dump KM in a draft day trade.