PDA

View Full Version : Broncos cut Andrew Pinnock

Italianmobstr7
04-30-2009, 03:42 AM
BRONCOS CUT FULLBACK
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 29, 2009, 10:23 p.m.
Veteran blocking fullback and special-teams player Andrew Pinnock was cut today, the Denver Broncos announced.

The transaction accompanied the official signing of former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Nick Greisen, a move we reported last night.

Pinnock is a 5′10,” 250-pound former South Carolina player who has three career starts.

Pinnock has rushed for 56 career yards with four receptions for 31 yards.

He spent his first five seasons with the San Diego Chargers before signing with the Broncos a year ago.

This opens up the chance for Knowshon to grab #34. Wouldn't surprise me at all after seeing the vid with Knowshon and Herschell Walker.

hotcarl
04-30-2009, 02:30 PM
This is terrible news!

Lonestar
04-30-2009, 03:12 PM
guessing that Hillis' full recovery is imminent..

Tned
04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
How much will New England West use a FB formation?

TXBRONC
04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
How much will New England West use a FB formation?

If I remember correctly New England East uses fullback rarely because they primarily run out of the spread.

Edit: I was just New England East's roster and they don't have true fullback on their roster. According to their depth chart when they line up with two backs they use tight end as the fullback.

powderaddict
04-30-2009, 03:57 PM
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOooooOOOOOOOOOOOO oooooooOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!! !!!

*pounds desk repeatedly and furiously*

BroncoWave
04-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Well shit. There went our title hopes. :(

Never Trust a Snake
04-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Shanahan guys are becoming an endangered species.

No matter what, I will always like Shanahan's players more than McDaniels' guys. Except for Knowshon.

bcbronc
04-30-2009, 05:29 PM

No matter what, I will always like Shanahan's players more than McDaniels' guys. Except for Knowshon.

I can totally understand why the loss of such a true Blue and Orange Bronco like Pinnock would upset you.

BroncoWave
04-30-2009, 05:31 PM
I can totally understand why the loss of such a true Blue and Orange Bronco like Pinnock would upset you.

Totally! His 56 career yards (all with the Chargers) will truly be missed.

bcbronc
04-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Totally! His 56 career yards (all with the Chargers) will truly be missed.

well, in fairness, he does have 0 games played and 0 games started for us.

roomemp
04-30-2009, 05:39 PM

I agree. McDaniels would have gotten rid of all of our classic Shanny players if they were still on the team. You know.....Dale Carter, Adrian Madise, Darius Watts, Jarvis Moss.......Oh wait....Our stud DE Jarvis is still on the team :tsk:

roomemp
04-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Any coach with a 14-year track record in one place is going to have a few forgettable players.

Of course.....I was trying to support coach McDaniels.

weazel
04-30-2009, 09:31 PM
BRONCOS CUT FULLBACK
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 29, 2009, 10:23 p.m.
Veteran blocking fullback and special-teams player Andrew Pinnock was cut today, the Denver Broncos announced.

The transaction accompanied the official signing of former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Nick Greisen, a move we reported last night.

Pinnock is a 5′10,” 250-pound former South Carolina player who has three career starts.

Pinnock has rushed for 56 career yards with four receptions for 31 yards.

He spent his first five seasons with the San Diego Chargers before signing with the Broncos a year ago.

This opens up the chance for Knowshon to grab #34. Wouldn't surprise me at all after seeing the vid with Knowshon and Herschell Walker.

McDaniels is crazy! this guy was a playah! we won't win 3 games now...