PDA

View Full Version : Tony Carter, CB - My Favorite Undrafted Rookie.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Tony Carter -- The Truth

I've been an Florida State Seminoles fan my whole life and I'm pretty excited to have Tony Carter here on the team. Yeah, he is just an undrafted rookie -- but I feel he has the ability to make the team for a variety of reasons. Although he is undersized (5'9 - 177) he has amazing play making ability. He returned three of his nine interceptions he had with the Noles for touchdowns, also returned a punt for a touchdown and blocked a kick and took it the whole way as well. He's a very gifted special teamer and was a 33 consecutive game starter in the ACC.

Champ Bailey and Andre Goodman are locks to make the team, as well as Alphonso Smith. However; there is a little competition after that. Assuming we'll carry five corners; the rest of the fighting would be amongst these players: Josh Bell, Tony Carter, Rashad Moulton, Jack Williams and D.J. Johnson

Bell and Williams probably have the inside track because they saw the field last year, but I won't count out Carter. Essentially, the final spot or two will likely come down to who can play special teams the best and I think that Carter really excels in that role over the other players mentioned.

Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I really hope Carter can stick with the team!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/037E1fb8pNf7d/340x.jpg

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/catImages/flstatelogo02sl-1.jpg

JKcatch724
04-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Thug nasty! I hope he gets a real look to crack the roster.

bcbronc
04-30-2009, 02:40 AM
a bit OT, but I really like McDaniels UDFA strategy. find guys who made plays at their position and in special teams and bring them in and have a look. bring enough guys in and you're bound to find 1-2 who's skills transfer to the next level. if they don't work out, they're just training camp fodder.

of the list of DBs listed, I would say they're all on the bubble. there will be lots of competition, and you expect McDaniels to favour the guys he brought in.

broncofaninfla
04-30-2009, 07:34 AM
I've seen the kid play live on multiple occasions, the kid does have game.

atwater27
04-30-2009, 08:16 AM
That's a cute story and all Siss, but the dude sucks.

frenchfan
04-30-2009, 08:25 AM
a bit OT, but I really like McDaniels UDFA strategy. find guys who made plays at their position and in special teams and bring them in and have a look. bring enough guys in and you're bound to find 1-2 who's skills transfer to the next level. if they don't work out, they're just training camp fodder.

of the list of DBs listed, I would say they're all on the bubble. there will be lots of competition, and you expect McDaniels to favour the guys he brought in.suck up ;)

:coffee: :laugh:

WARHORSE
04-30-2009, 11:31 AM
177 lbs. :coffee:

:confused:

Its a Rudy story. Lets hope for the best 53 to be on the roster. :coffee: