PDA

View Full Version : Broncos transfer traditional playbooks to iPads for 2012 season

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2012, 10:17 AM
DOVE VALLEY — The Denver Broncos are tossing out the tradition of printing 500-page playbooks every week for each of the 120 players, coaches, scouts and other personnel.

This season, the team will hand out iPads that feature the week's game plan, scouting reports, video clips and other relevant data.

The digital transition will not only save trees but may also give the Broncos a competitive edge. Just two other teams in the National Football League — the Baltimore Ravens and Tampa Bay Buccaneers — have discarded the printed playbook in favor of a tablet and an app.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_20445934/broncos-putting-ipads

turftoad
04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I just wonder how the players that scored low on the Wonderlic are going to deal with this? :shocked:

xzn
04-24-2012, 01:09 PM
It's good to know that our Executives are up to date on the latest technology platforms. :cool:

Montessori (http://www.shiningmountainspress.com/) teaches us to prepare the environment for success. That is what the staff has done in giving these pads to players it will allow them a more fulfilling experience, which should lead to greater certainty and so on-field execution of a given gameplan. Well done, EFX! :salute:

Chef Zambini
04-24-2012, 01:15 PM
what took so long?
was tuten also in charge of our technology department?

hotcarl
04-24-2012, 02:43 PM
the benefit is that when moreno gets cut, his playbook can be deleted remotely

saves wear and tear on turks

Denver Native (Carol)
04-24-2012, 03:33 PM
what took so long?
was tuten also in charge of our technology department?

From article:

"Just two other teams in the National Football League — the Baltimore Ravens and Tampa Bay Buccaneers — have discarded the printed playbook in favor of a tablet and an app."

I would not say, since only two other teams have done this, that it has taken the Broncos so long to do this.