PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see everyone so positive about the draft

eessydo
04-29-2009, 11:13 AM
It can offset my complete amazement in our coach's and GM's incompetence. Tie to settle into a few years of losing.

How do you trade your 1rst round pick (probably the better pick of the two) to move up for a Cornerback in the 2nd round?? How?? Seriously??

Not to mention it is a 5'9" CB with questionable speed that will more the than likely start in the nickel slot.....Seriously?

What makes it even worse is that Maleauga was still on the board. We need a run-stopping LB more than a short nickel CB.

Makes me sick

DenBronx
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
the only bad part of the draft was the 2nd round. i still dont get it. there's always something every year that makes you sick in the stomach on draft day but come training camp and preseason you find out why we went after certain players.

i'll admit i questioned the eddie royal pick at first. especially after we passed on desean jackson. after researching royal i found out that he was not just help on special teams but he was a damn good possesion wr. i think royal is one of the cleanest route runners in the nfl and once he ahs the ball in his hands he can make people miss.

so, you really never know about smith. 5'9 isnt ideal at all but some scouts say he would easily be a 1st rounder if he was just a little taller. im more concerned about mcbath and the blocking TE we gave up two 3rds for. like i said, the whole 2nd round is a question mark and passing on maualuga i think was a huge mistake.

broncofaninfla
04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
I like the players we drafted but I still would have preferred that we addressed the DL more.

I watched A. Smith in college and in the senior bowl, I honestly think Smith and Bailey will be our starting CB's on opening day. Smith brings it, very aggresive but not wreckless and has a knack for being around the ball.

Foochacho
04-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Makes me sick

Another gay thread about it makes me sick.

Dortoh
04-29-2009, 12:52 PM
It can offset my complete amazement in our coach's and GM's incompetence. Tie to settle into a few years of losing.

How do you trade your 1rst round pick (probably the better pick of the two) to move up for a Cornerback in the 2nd round?? How?? Seriously??

Not to mention it is a 5'9" CB with questionable speed that will more the than likely start in the nickel slot.....Seriously?

What makes it even worse is that Maleauga was still on the board. We need a run-stopping LB more than a short nickel CB.

Makes me sick

This horse has been beat to death in other threads.

Nothing to do now but wait and see.