PDA

View Full Version : Woody Paige: Manning getting in tune to be conductor, not composer

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2012, 01:04 PM
from article:

"It's all about setting the tempo and dictating to the defense," Manning explained to me Friday.

Peyton has brought his legendary leadership and orchestration to Denver.

Yet, recent headlines — "Broncos switch to Manning's hurry-up, no-huddle offense" — are not totally accurate.

"We haven't gotten to that point," Manning said before he departed for a fundraising weekend in Knoxville, Tenn. "What we are going to do (offensively) here depends on what (coordinator) Mike McCoy decides, based on the players we have, and I'm open to whatever direction that takes."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_20452378/woody-paige-manning-getting-tune-be-conductor-not

Simple Jaded
04-23-2012, 08:28 AM
The Fox-McCoy emphasis, historically, on the run "excites" Manning. "People think I'm all about the pass, but if I throw five passes in a game, it means we're running the football well. You play to your strength".

Peyton F'n Manning. F'n Catalina Wine Mixer!.......

Thnikkaman
04-23-2012, 08:40 AM
The Fox-McCoy emphasis, historically, on the run "excites" Manning. "People think I'm all about the pass, but if I throw five passes in a game, it means we're running the football well. You play to your strength".

Peyton F'n Manning. F'n Catalina Wine Mixer!.......

Didn't we do that with Tebow? :confused:

Simple Jaded
04-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Didn't we do that with Tebow? :confused:

For entirely different reasons, if Manning attempts 5 passes I'm hoping he completes more than 2.......

Northman
04-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Lol, do have to give Jaded some love for the "Catalina wine mixer" comment. haha