PDA

View Full Version : Hawg's NFL draft grades

Hawgdriver
04-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Denver Broncos: A+
Patriots: D-
Other NFL teams: F

Not because I think the Broncos delivered. Not because I think shedding a 1st against the odds is a great approach to total return to the team over the long haul.

I'm doing it because I could give a rat's ass what any other team did to get better. I only care about the Broncos getting better, and until these new draftees demonstrate suck, they are all first ballot hall of famers and hope springs eternal.

After all, no one tracks how well anyone grades from year to year. Could you imagine if we actually paid attention to how accurate these grades were? No one would bother to look! Wouldn't it be useful if they told you how accurate these guys were before they shared their wisdom?

Sample ranking of NFL guru draft graders:

Percentage of grades w/i one letter grade of true draft quality, 1909-2009:
Kiper: 42%
Clayton: 41%
Joe Bob: 40%

Now who wants to read what these guys write?

Since I'm not accountable for my draft grading performance (no one bothers to tally who's been getting these grade right), why not just say GO BRONCOS and give 'em an A? It's wayy more fun.

So, I think I will. GO BRONCOS! A++ 11thirty!!∞√ⁿ²¡¡pi!:D

shank
04-29-2009, 12:04 AM
your argument is perfectly sound, and undeniable. vote hawg on 4-29-09.

honz
04-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Winnar.

DenBronx
04-29-2009, 12:09 AM
looking back on last year i knew we had a good draft before the season started. this year i feel good about 4 players. thats bruton, branstater, moreno and ayers. i think bruton will win the job as safety....he's that damn good. moreno has all the makings of what you look for in a franchise back. he will be our running game for the next 5-10 years.

if 4-5 of these guys end up being starters then im going to say it was a success.

horsepig
04-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Doesn't mean crap to a tree. We won't know anything til later.

Last year I thought who in the hell is Eddie Royal? I watched im on U-Tube and called my wife in to watch it too. WOW! Gr3eat pick, what do I know?