PDA

View Full Version : Team needs: Denver Broncos

DenBronx
04-21-2012, 07:06 PM
The Broncos won a playoff game with a run-first quarterback, but that wasn’t the identity John Elway and John Fox wanted for their football team. Cutting ties with last year’s offensive formula, the Broncos believe their future is now following the acquisition of Peyton Manning. They head to next week’s draft trying to upgrade around him.

Defensive tackle: Denver is shorthanded on the interior defensive line after losing a bidding war with the Saints for Brodrick Bunkley. Left behind are injury-plagued 31-year-old Ty Warren, 33-year-old Justin Bannan, and journeyman Kevin Vickerson, who’s only still on the roster because he took a pay cut. The Broncos seem to be a lock to invest an early-round draft pick on a defensive tackle. Penn State’s Devon Still would be a logical fit at No. 25 overall.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/21/team-needs-denver-broncos-2/

Tebowtime2011
04-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Yep the team needs a 1st: DT 2nd: LB 3rd: RB, 4tha: QB, 4thb: WR, 5th: CB, 6th:de. In that order in the draft that is our team needs and the most logical draft picks in my opinion

DenBronx
04-22-2012, 01:40 PM
#1 DT
#2 RB
#3 QB
#4 DT
#5 WR
#6 LB

In that order.

Cugel
04-22-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd say:

1st round -- DT. No brainer.
2nd round -- CB.
3rd round -- RB.

In that order. However, if the Broncos were for example to reach for a RB like Doug Martin in the first, then they would have to change the order by taking a DT in the second and a RB in the third.

What do I think they will do however?

I think they will totally screw it up like usual and ignore DT. Then they'll say they're perfectly happy with a rotation of Vickerson, Warren, Bannan and God knows who. Then their run defense will suck. Then Peyton Manning will spend much of his time this season standing on the sidelines and watching teams march up and down the field on the Broncos defense.

Then they will miss the playoffs and all the Teboners will say "See! They should have kept Tebow! Tebow won a playoff game and the great Manning didn't even get them there, so it was all a big mistake" (ignoring of course as those idiots tend to do that Tebow could never have gotten the Broncos into the playoffs playing this years' schedule).

I'd love to be wrong about this, but I have no confidence in the Broncos drafting ability from much painful experience. I think until they get rid of Brian Xanders and get a REAL GM in here they are going to continue to screw up draft after draft.

Cugel
04-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Here's something interesting from the Bleacher Report Mock Draft (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1153249-2012-nfl-mock-draft-dontari-poe-takes-a-tumble-brandon-weeden-gets-in-the-1st):

25. Denver—Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin: Center is one of the weak links on the offensive line in front of Peyton Manning, and Konz is the best in the class. This is the beginning of a likely trade-down zone in the late first.

If you're going to ignore DT in the first, then getting an upgrade for Walton isn't a bad idea. I certainly like this pick better than a RB or LB or WR. The fact that they considered signing Jeff Saturday indicates they would like to find an upgrade for Walton, so this pick is certainly possible. Protecting Manning from the inside rush will be key this season and I thought failure to sign Saturday was and remains a big mistake.

However, I still want the Broncos to take Worthy or Still or Brockers, whichever DT they like best depending on who's still on the boards.

Jsteve01
04-22-2012, 05:07 PM
null if you're wanting help in the run game Thompson and Taamu in the 2nd make the most sense

Superchop 7
04-23-2012, 12:20 PM
if you're wanting help in the run game Thompson and Taamu in the 2nd make the most sense

Since both of my 2nd round picks flew up the boards......Im starting to think 3 technique with my first pick and 1 technique with my 2nd pick.......this is the draft for DT......if they dont go for it they should be fired.

topscribe
04-23-2012, 12:25 PM
if you're wanting help in the run game Thompson and Taamu in the 2nd make the most sense
Personally, according to my limited knowledge, Fletcher Cox is the only one I can really see taking in the first round. Maybe Brockers. It looks to me as if Thompson would give the Broncos all the help they need, and he very well could be there at #57. But if the Broncos are looking for an "impact" player at the position, it would seem to me they would have to move up for Cox, and that isn't going to happen. The others are good players but not reputed by scouts (that I have seen) as impact players.

Seeing, then, that the Broncos are out of luck for that caliber of player, then #57 becomes logical because of the depth of good players at DT in this class. If follows, then, that perhaps they ought to go "impact" at, maybe, runinng back? Martin or Miller? I don't know . . . just seems more logical to me . . .

CoachChaz
04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Personally, according to my limited knowledge, Fletcher Cox is the only one I can really see taking in the first round. Maybe Brockers. It looks to me as if Thompson would give the Broncos all the help they need, and he very well could be there at #57. But if the Broncos are looking for an "impact" player at the position, it would seem to me they would have to move up for Cox, and that isn't going to happen. The others are good players but not reputed by scouts (that I have seen) as impact players.

Seeing, then, that the Broncos are out of luck for that caliber of player, then #57 becomes logical because of the depth of good players at DT in this class. If follows, then, that perhaps they ought to go "impact" at, maybe, runinng back? Martin or Miller? I don't know . . . just seems more logical to me . . .

I agree completely...but I see a run on DT's in the mid 2nd that could leave us holding our "you know what" in our hands. Might just need to move up in the 2nd if they start flying off the boards

Chef Zambini
04-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Yep the team needs a 1st: DT 2nd: LB 3rd: RB, 4tha: QB, 4thb: WR, 5th: CB, 6th:de. In that order in the draft that is our team needs and the most logical draft picks in my opinionyour opinion might carry more weight if your moniker wasnt so last year, or so non-bronco.

Chef Zambini
04-24-2012, 09:11 AM
2 run stoppers, a DT, MLB, S.
a RB that can accentuate the pass game as both blocker and reciever.
corner or safety, one that blitzed in college.
fill these rolls, i dont care what round you do it in,thats all about strategy.
target 25-30 guys to fill the positions you NEED.
and come away with 6 and as manning is prone to say.
work as hard as you can to make them great decisions !

Chef Zambini
04-24-2012, 09:17 AM
I agree completely...but I see a run on DT's in the mid 2nd that could leave us holding our "you know what" in our hands. Might just need to move up in the 2nd if they start flying off the boardswe pick LATE in each round, so if there 4 DTs we really like in round 2
why not use our late first round pick to get the one we like BEST ! ?
we cant allow our draft position dictate our selections !
MOVE if you have to!
to get the player and/or POSITION you want.

we have a 3 year window with manning, guys in THIS draft have to fill a NEED!
heck on DEFENSE thast could be almost ANY position except outside pass rusher !