PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the lets get Brett Favre threads?

DenBronx
04-28-2009, 09:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4108844

Jets give up Favre's rights

NEW YORK -- Brett Favre has been released from the reserve-retired list by the New York Jets, making the three-time MVP quarterback free to sign with any team if he decides to again come out of retirement.

Favre

The move Tuesday night means the Jets no longer hold the rights to Favre, who spent one disappointing season in New York. The 39-year-old Favre had requested the move several weeks ago through agent Bus Cook, but insisted he has no plans to come out of retirement for a 19th season.

Favre said in a statement he had no intention of returning to football.

honz
04-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Let's get him! Can you imagine Favre handing off to Edge? Super Bowel!

MasterShake
04-28-2009, 09:49 PM

Freudian Slip? Super BOWEL indeed...:D

I'm sick of gunslingers anyway. Give me a boring old QB who wins games and doesn't have to "comeback" because he keeps forcing the ball into triple coverage. It was only awesome when Elway did it.

UnderArmour
04-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Smart move by Favre. If there is another injury like the one to Brady, a team might be desperate to throw money at Favre to come in and try to lead the team back. Yeah, he'd have to learn the playbook for a new team, but look at how Vinny Testaverde performed a few seasons ago for the Panthers on short notice. I think Favre would be capable of the same thing.

DenBronx
04-28-2009, 09:52 PM

super shit! :laugh:

CrazyHorse
04-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Favre to the Vikings!
He's their best option at Quarterback.

DenBronx
04-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Favre to the Vikings!

daniel snyder must be going nuts right now.

CrazyHorse
04-28-2009, 10:54 PM
daniel snyder must be going nuts right now.

1 year $100 million contract.

Broncolingus
04-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Probably also the reason Madden retired...

...no more Fave-ree.

- tear -

DenBronx
04-28-2009, 11:06 PM

...no more Fave-ree.

- tear -

favre comes back and madden unretires too.

then mooch can go googoo gaga over him on nfl access.

BroncoSojia
04-28-2009, 11:09 PM

...no more Fave-ree.

- tear -

:lol:

silkamilkamonico
04-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Favre sucks, his less than outstanding performance last year in NY only shows that the system makes the QB, and not the other way around. There's probably only 3 exceptions to that argument, and that's Elway, Marino, and Manning.

oobehr
04-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Does he play NT?

GEM
04-28-2009, 11:18 PM
1 year $100 million contract.

Silly...they don't offer that to a guy who holds all the records. They give that to a kid who has never seen an NFL field.

CrazyHorse
04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Favre sucks, his less than outstanding performance last year in NY only shows that the system makes the QB, and not the other way around. There's probably only 3 exceptions to that argument, and that's Elway, Marino, and Manning.

He was only good the first half of the season for the Jet's.
After that his production dropped.
He still is a capable Quarterback.
Testaverde played into his 40's.
He'd be a perfect fit for the Vikings.

Medford Bronco
04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
I would rather stick a screwdriver in my eye than have Bret Favre now with Denver.
Another Bus Cook QB, No thanks :coffee:

silkamilkamonico
04-28-2009, 11:24 PM
He still is a capable Quarterback.

Yea, if he's in the right "system". Who isn't?

DenBronx
04-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Does he play NT?

no but he plays lead singer in a crappy band.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/favreguy.jpg

sneakers
04-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Smart move by Favre. If there is another injury like the one to Brady, a team might be desperate to throw money at Favre to come in and try to lead the team back. Yeah, he'd have to learn the playbook for a new team, but look at how Vinny Testaverde performed a few seasons ago for the Panthers on short notice. I think Favre would be capable of the same thing.

This brett favre rumor crap is going to keep giong until he 45

sneakers
04-28-2009, 11:28 PM

I would rather have warren moon at this point.

DenBronx
04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
This brett favre rumor crap is going to keep giong until he 45

i wonder if warren moon is going to come out of retirement?

DenBronx
04-28-2009, 11:29 PM
I would rather have warren moon at this point.

lol you posted that the same time i did.

CrazyHorse
04-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Bus Cook is the master of manipulation.
He got Jay Cutler to the team he wanted to play for likely with a new contract too.
He had Favre retire so he would be released.
I suspect Favre wanted to be released all along so he could play where he wants.
The Jets wouldn't grant that too him so he retires to return to a different team.

Shazam!
04-28-2009, 11:43 PM
I'd rather throw Brandstater to the wolves then have Farve.

DenBronx
04-29-2009, 12:02 AM
I'd rather throw Brandstater to the wolves then have Farve.

that would be career suicide. he needs time to develop. i think the only way he sees the field is if both simms and orton get injured.

Shazam!
04-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Please re-read my post? Thanks.

Dirk
04-29-2009, 06:27 AM
I like Bret as a player...full of fun and competative spirit!

But NO......

LOL

broncofaninfla
04-29-2009, 07:34 AM
If Farves opts to play again I think he would be a great fit for the Vikings.

Dirk
04-29-2009, 07:37 AM
If Farves opts to play again I think he would be a great fit for the Vikings.

I agree.

But I think it is a formality to sign a 1 day contract of sorts with Green Bay and retire as a Packer. Who knows though with that guy. :lol:

Nomad
04-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Favre to the Vikings!

There's an article in pft with the rumor already floating around. But I don't know, he'll be 40 yrs old and Raji may abuse him like a rag doll, so Favre may want to enjoy life in Miss while he can still moving around.:D

DenBronx
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
i bet anything that favre is at least thinking about the vikings and how fun it would be to play against the packers.

watch the vikings sign burress too.

DenBronx
04-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Report: Favre Asked To Be Released Twice
Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2009, 12:18 p.m. EDT
Though retired (for now) quarterback Brett Favre claims that his recent release by the Jets doesn’t mean that he’ll be playing football again in 2009, the facts paint a different picture.

As we pointed out last night, the act of releasing Favre’s rights has no meaning, unless Favre plans to bury the hatchet with Packers G.M. Ted Thompson as part of a ceremonial one-day retirement contract. (Then again, the only hatchet-burying Favre would ever be doing with Thompson would involve the burial of a hatchet by Favre in Thompson’s silver-haired head.)

So what gives? Per Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger, Favre asked to be released twice — most recently after the Jets landed Mark Sanchez in the 2009 draft.

As Hutchinson tells the story, citing an unnamed source, Favre believed that with Sanchez on the roster it would be easier to force his way out.

And the Jets wisely opted against the same kind of drama the Packers endured last year, especially with their quarterback of the future on the roster.

Thus, even if Favre could prevail in a showdown with Mike Shanahan’s lie detector test regarding the quarterback’s current intention not to return to pro football, Favre and agent Bus Cook at a minimum seized upon the local eupohria resulting from the arrival of Sanchez in order to put the pieces in place for a Second Annual Brett Favre Unretirement, if/when Favre gets an itch that only playing football on Sundays in the fall can scratch.