PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mays says Broncos' defense ready with Jack Del Rio

Denver Native (Carol)
04-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Gee, Joe, could this really be so?

Joe Mays is the Broncos' starting middle linebacker with a new contract that will guarantee him $4 million this year so perhaps he was feeling a bit frisky Thursday when he dropped the quote of the 2012 offseason on the Denver media.

"Everyone's excited about the Peyton Manning addition," Mays said from the team's media room. "I'm more excited about Jack Del Rio."

rest of article, which includes Shannon being at the Broncos' facility today, talking with Manning.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20437176/joe-mays-says-broncos-defense-ready-jack-del-rio

BroncoStud
04-19-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm not at all excited about Joe Mays.

Canmore
04-20-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm not at all excited about Joe Mays.

You and me both Stud.

bcbronc
04-20-2012, 04:45 AM
"It's a big difference," Caldwell said. "The quarterback had to get adjusted to us (last year), but instead, Peyton is leading us. He's showing us all the drills we need to do. He's ahead of everybody, and he's just our leader. Being with a rookie last year, our leader was on the O-line (left tackle Andrew Whitworth). This year, it's the quarterback."

somebody tell the Dalton fan bois to get their pitchforks out! Someone's trashing his ex-qb. ;)

claymore
04-20-2012, 06:59 AM
somebody tell the Dalton fan bois to get their pitchforks out! Someone's trashing his ex-qb. ;)

OMG, he should have kept his mouth shut. :faint:

Simple Jaded
04-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Drama! Somebody call the Hater Police.......

LTC Pain
04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm not particularly excited about Joe Mays either. But I have great anticipation that JDR will improve the Broncos D exponentially. And I'm hoping that Irving will take Mayes' or DJ's job by the end of training camp :)

Chef Zambini
04-20-2012, 10:08 AM
at least its not billy mays.

Ravage!!!
04-20-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm not particularly excited about Joe Mays either. But I have great anticipation that JDR will improve the Broncos D exponentially. And I'm hoping that Irving will take Mayes' or DJ's job by the end of training camp :)

DJ isn't going to be replaced by Irving ... for several reasons. One being they play different positions, 2, DJ is MUCH better than people on here give him credit for.

Zweems56
04-20-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't know how many of you guys watched that presser, but Mays is a really mature guy and clearly has a great head on his shoulders. You may not think that he's that great of a player, but we should be giving him a little more respect, IMO. If you haven't watched it, you really should. Guy knows he didn't play well last year, admitted it, and is working hard to get where he needs to be. The NFL needs more players like that, and personally, I think the kid's going to kick some ass this year.

dogfish
04-20-2012, 04:07 PM
DJ isn't going to be replaced by Irving ... for several reasons. One being they play different positions, 2, DJ is MUCH better than people on here give him credit for.

a lot of scouts questioned whether MIKE or WILL was irving's most natural position at this level before the draft, so i'm pretty sure his skill set fits at either spot. . . and given that there were some rumors about us trying to move DJ last year, i wouldn't be shocked if they decide to move on at some point-- he is a productive vet, but he's also pretty highly paid at a spot that's easy to fill, and the suspension can't help his cause. . .

i'm not saying they will move him, but it wouldn't be any particular surprise if they do. . .

CoachChaz
04-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Irving was kind of a Joker in a 4-3 and NCSU. Not that there really is such a thing, but he kind of had free reign to do a lot of different things. What made him a Mike was that he mostly did it from the middle. But I have no doubt he could play the Will as well.

Ravage!!!
04-20-2012, 05:10 PM
a lot of scouts questioned whether MIKE or WILL was irving's most natural position at this level before the draft, so i'm pretty sure his skill set fits at either spot. . . and given that there were some rumors about us trying to move DJ last year, i wouldn't be shocked if they decide to move on at some point-- he is a productive vet, but he's also pretty highly paid at a spot that's easy to fill, and the suspension can't help his cause. . .

i'm not saying they will move him, but it wouldn't be any particular surprise if they do. . .

eh... I don't buy into most of the 'rumors' that fly around about player moves.

NightTerror218
04-20-2012, 05:31 PM
I think Irving needs to make some improvements this season if he is going to stand a chance to dethrone Mays at this point. As for DJ he will remain since he will prob get the 6 game suspension kicked. But if a good trade offer came up he might be moved with his off the field issues again.

Simple Jaded
04-20-2012, 08:52 PM
From what I've read I like Irving better at WLB than the middle and I don't like Woodyard as a starter. I don't like either as much as Dj Williams.......