PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels to be on Sirius NFL Radio in 10 (EDT) Hour

Tned-Mobile
04-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Just announced that McDaniels will be on Sirius in their 10:00 (Eastern) hour.

Not sure I will still be in car, hope someone can post recap here.

Tned-Mobile
04-28-2009, 08:05 AM
They just said he would be on at 10:05 Eastern.

rcsodak
04-28-2009, 08:25 AM
I'll listen in, tned....

Tned-Mobile
04-28-2009, 08:52 AM
On in 12 minutes.

LRtagger
04-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Please post summary if you can...I;m sure he will just say what was said yesterday, but I don't have Sirius so cant listen.

CoachChaz
04-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Any update on this or has he not been on yet?

broncohead
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Anyone have an update?

Tned
04-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Ok, I will try and remember and summarize. Much he has said already.

Felt they had four first round picks to use the next two years, and felt good using three of them on three frst round players this year -- based on their board having Smith as a first round talent. Asked about Smith, he said he is just a ball handler. He gets INTs, bocks punts, fumbles, etc. When he gets the ball, he turns into an offensive player. The Broncos only had 13 turnovers last year, and that was a focus, and they think players they added will increase turnovers.

Asked about he front seven, he said they feel they adressed it in free agency and draft. He reiterated that they wouldn't pick a player just because he had a defensive designtion next to their name.

He said they have picked up at least 7 defensive starters since FA. He said they have 11 defensive linement on the roster, and more important they are young and big up front. He refused to name the front seven, restating that you can't evaluate them in shorts, so they probably won't know who until August, but that he was confident in the front seven personell.

Talked about what he looks for in a QB, smart, tough, stands in and takes a hit, diagnose the defense to know where to put the ball, etc.

That's all i can think of, if I remember more, I'll post.

Tned
04-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Don't remember the exact wording, but he feels they have really improved the team, and they can compete now.

broncohead
04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
thanks tned

TXBRONC
04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Don't remember the exact wording, but he feels they have really improved the team, and they can compete now.

I hope so.

Nomad
04-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback and it's good to hear the coach positive and confident (I know they all say this). And I'm sure those men on the field feel the same way.

NightTrainLayne
04-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Asked about he front seven, he said they feel they adressed it in free agency and draft. He reiterated that they wouldn't pick a player just because he had a defensive designtion next to their name.

He said they have picked up at least 7 defensive starters since FA. He said they have 11 defensive linement on the roster, and more important they are young and big up front. He refused to name the front seven, restating that you can't evaluate them in shorts, so they probably won't know who until August, but that he was confident in the front seven personell.

I suppose that answers our questions about not drafting more front 7 guys.

Even I have to question the "big" part of young and big up front, but we do have Powell and Fields who are still kind of under the radar. Along with the others. Maybe we're better than we realize with Powell coming back and a couple of key additions (Fields, Ayers, Banks etc.)

Northman
04-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Good, at least i wont have to listen to the "he is rebuilding" chants that some others were telling me he is doing. He was brought in to win so its good that he feels that way.

Tned-Mobile
04-28-2009, 11:28 AM
I suppose that answers our questions about not drafting more front 7 guys.

Even I have to question the "big" part of young and big up front, but we do have Powell and Fields who are still kind of under the radar. Along with the others. Maybe we're better than we realize with Powell coming back and a couple of key additions (Fields, Ayers, Banks etc.)

I looked at some rosters for other 3-4 teams this morning, and our front 3 candidates are right there in terms of size.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-28-2009, 11:42 AM
It isn't all about size though, that is the problem.

Ravage!!!
04-28-2009, 11:55 AM
It isn't all about size though, that is the problem.

Thats only what your girlfriend says to make you feel better... :beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-28-2009, 11:59 AM
You're right. I'm large as shit, but my technique sucks.

Northman
04-28-2009, 12:00 PM

I dont think he was referring to your ego. ;)

Requiem / The Dagda
04-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Northman, I'm going to beat you up!

BigDaddyBronco
04-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I looked at some rosters for other 3-4 teams this morning, and our front 3 candidates are right there in terms of size.

I did that yesterday and noticed that a lot of teams that run the 3-4 have one 330 lb NT, but then the back-up is 305 - 310. Of course these are listed weights. The DE's were between 290 - 305 for the most part.

The one big exception was Baltimore who had a whole slew of 330 lb guys and all of the DE's were over 300 lbs. They had a huge DLine.

Maybe the idea is to get one big heavy guy to wear out the OLine and then the second guy can come in and be effective as well without being as big. One thing that all these guys have in common, I'm sure, is that they are strong as hell.

TXBRONC
04-28-2009, 12:27 PM

That was cold. :lol:

NightTrainLayne
04-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I did that yesterday and noticed that a lot of teams that run the 3-4 have one 330 lb NT, but then the back-up is 305 - 310. Of course these are listed weights. The DE's were between 290 - 305 for the most part.

The one big exception was Baltimore who had a whole slew of 330 lb guys and all of the DE's were over 300 lbs. They had a huge DLine.

Maybe the idea is to get one big heavy guy to wear out the OLine and then the second guy can come in and be effective as well without being as big. One thing that all these guys have in common, I'm sure, is that they are strong as hell.

Let's you and I go to Dove Valley and take on the NT position. You can start, and I'll back you up.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/bigdaddybronco/100_0944.jpg

That's a LOT of front-line beef right there, and they won't even notice your gray hair under the helmet.

NameUsedBefore
04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Already dressed for the Pro Bowl.

Ravage!!!
04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
:laugh: CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!

bcbronc
04-28-2009, 12:52 PM

girlfriend? ;)

Let's you and I go to Dove Valley and take on the NT position. You can start, and I'll back you up.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/bigdaddybronco/100_0944.jpg

That's a LOT of front-line beef right there, and they won't even notice your gray hair under the helmet.

wow, Steve Martin has put some weight on.

Ravage!!!
04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
girlfriend? ;)

wow, Steve Martin has put some weight on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rcsodak
04-28-2009, 07:57 PM

That's what she said. :confused: