PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill

SmilinAssasSin27
04-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Cleveland takes Blackmon or Trent
Miami takes Floyd, Reiff or Coples

How far does Tannehill drop?

Does Buffalo take him at 10? Zona at 13? If not, I really don't see a landing spot for him. Until Denver. Now I know Cleveland could take him at 22, but passing on him at 4 may be an indication that they are willing to give Colt McCoy some weapons and another year. With all the QBs we've been looking at, does EFX dare take this kid if he experiences a Rodgers/Quinn type fall?

dogfish
04-19-2012, 07:57 PM
can't see it happening-- too many teams still need a QB. . .

colt mccoy is never going to be good enough to win anything in that division-- his physical gifts just aren't adequate. . . cleveland management should be prosecuted for criminal negligence of their fanbase if they pass at #22. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
cleveland management should be prosecuted for criminal negligence of their fanbase if they pass at #22. . .

unless they simply don't like him...

dogfish
04-19-2012, 08:07 PM
unless they simply don't like him...

fair point. . . :lol:

then again, the browns never seem to like any good QBs-- not sure we can trust their judgement. . . if i were a cleveland fan, i'd be ready to burn the whole place down if they don't go after some offensive skill position talent with their top picks, at the very least. . . i mean, i love a philosophy based on trading back, and taking linemen with your high picks-- but they've taken it too far. . . i don't care how good you are in the trenches, you aren't beating pitt and baltimore with guys like mo massoquai and hardesty. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-19-2012, 08:12 PM
I personally don't hate McCoy. At the very least, ya can't really say he's had any weapons around him to show IF he can be successful. I'd personally grab the weapons. Either Trent thatn Wright/Randle or Blackmon/Miller (which is actually what I would do). I think a Blackmon/Little WR combo could be fun. This give McCoy some weapons and no excuses if he bombs. If he fails, ya get yer pick of Bray, Wilson, Barkley or Landry Jones.

RebelRocker
04-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Cleveland takes Blackmon or Trent
Miami takes Floyd, Reiff or Coples

How far does Tannehill drop?

Does Buffalo take him at 10? Zona at 13? If not, I really don't see a landing spot for him. Until Denver. Now I know Cleveland could take him at 22, but passing on him at 4 may be an indication that they are willing to give Colt McCoy some weapons and another year. With all the QBs we've been looking at, does EFX dare take this kid if he experiences a Rodgers/Quinn type fall?

IF this happened and he was the BPA, then yes I'd be for it.

TimHippo
04-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Tannehill's Int rate of .027 is pretty mediocre for a high round pick in the modern era.

Just for comparison Osweiler has a 2.2 int rate which makes him a better value IMO along with his other measurables.
RG3 = 1.4 (2nd pick in draft)
Luck = 2.0 (1st pick in draft)
Bradford = 1.7 (1st pick in draft)
Aaron Rodgers = 1.9 (late 1st)
Tom Brady = .027 (drafted 5th round)
Brees 2.7 (drafted 2nd round)
Farve = 2.2 (2nd round)
Tony Romo = 3.8 (undrafted)
Tebow 1.6 (late 1st)
Eli Manning 2.6 (top 10 pick)
Peyton Manning 2.4 (1st pick in draft)
Jamarcus Russell 2.6 (1st pick in draft)
Ryan Leaf 2.7 (Knock it off!)

Ravage!!!
04-19-2012, 11:55 PM
The Browns don't have a WR on the roster. They haven't had for years. McCoy isnt' their big problem, and Tennehil certainly would NOT be better than McCoy for years.

Ravage!!!
04-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Tannehill's Int rate of .027 is pretty mediocre for a high round pick in the modern era.

Just for comparison Osweiler has a 2.2 int rate which makes him a better value IMO along with his other measurables.
RG3 = 1.4 (2nd pick in draft)
Luck = 2.0 (1st pick in draft)
Bradford = 1.7 (1st pick in draft)
Aaron Rodgers = 1.9 (late 1st)
Tom Brady = .027 (drafted 5th round)
Brees 2.7 (drafted 2nd round)
Farve = 2.2 (2nd round)
Tony Romo = 3.8 (undrafted)
Tebow 1.6 (late 1st)
Eli Manning 2.6 (top 10 pick) <------------- first pick in the draft
Peyton Manning 2.4 (1st pick in draft)
Jamarcus Russell 2.6 (1st pick in draft)
Ryan Leaf 2.7 (Knock it off!)

Just pointing out that Eli was much higher than just a top 10. He was the 1st player selected in the draft, just like his brother.

Simple Jaded
04-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Tannehill doesn't get passed Seattle, but if he did there'd be no shortage of teams willing to trade back to a team that wants him. If he made it all the way to Denver's pick the Broncos should, and probably would trade that pick to a Miami for a future #1 and a 2nd at least.

Instead of the Broncos going the Packers/Rodgers route I see them going Dallas/Brady Quinn route.......

Northman
04-20-2012, 07:12 AM
does EFX dare take this kid if he experiences a Rodgers/Quinn type fall?

God i hope not.

CoachChaz
04-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Lol. This is the logic that kills players careers ans keeps teams scrambling for QB's all tbe time. Im glad no one here makes these decisions

UnderArmour
04-20-2012, 08:18 AM
If he falls to us in the second round or third round, maybe take a flier on him. Otherwise, Von Miller and Elvis need some help on the interior line and in the secondary.

TXBRONC
04-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Just pointing out that Eli was much higher than just a top 10. He was the 1st player selected in the draft, just like his brother.

Eli wasn't just top ten pick he was the the number one overall pick in his draft class.

Nomad
04-25-2012, 02:04 PM
You think the Dolphins panic and move up to # 3 or #4 to get Tannehill so Cleveland doesn't have the option? Unless, the reports are smokescreens, it sounds like Ross really wants the kid.

dogfish
04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
You think the Dolphins panic and move up to # 3 or #4 to get Tannehill so Cleveland doesn't have the option? Unless, the reports are smokescreens, it sounds like Ross really wants the kid.

i think you have to assume the reports of miami's interest are genuine. . .

ross is such an eager bungler-- he's desperate to add any kind of name at either head coach or QB. . . and since he can't sign a high profile coach or free agent, he's pretty much stuck with the draft where they essentially can't say no. . . i don't think he's capable of keeping his dick in his pants long enough to pull off any sort of misdirection. . .

TimHippo
04-25-2012, 02:14 PM

Would seem pretty dumb to trade up to #3 in the entire draft for an athletic big qb project with flawed throwing mechanics and a mediocre int rate. Especially over Kalil.

Even #8 for Tannehill is stupid but Miami is a pretty bad organization.

NightTerror218
04-25-2012, 02:20 PM
If he fell to 25 i would take him over Osweiler. But I dont see him going past Seattle, Jags, or Dolphins. Browns could trade down to give him to another team to stick with mccoy another year. Figuring they will be in the top 10 next year to get Barkley or Landry.

OrangeHoof
04-25-2012, 02:27 PM
McCoy isn't starter material but neither is Tannehill. Weeden is better than either but he's 28 which is why he's not in the discussion.

Nomad
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
While I'm a home, called in sick (sucks...flu like), and watching ESPN Special Draft (they mentioned Phins moving up), I would say dog has a good assessment of the Dolphins. Yeah it would be dumb by the Dolphins but would it be a surprise they'd panic. Here's a pretty good piece talking about the smokescreen.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/04/smokescreens-smokescreens-what-smokescreens.html

TimHippo
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
McCoy isn't starter material but neither is Tannehill. Weeden is better than either but he's 28 which is why he's not in the discussion.

Yup. I wonder how high Weeden would have gone if he was say 22 with the same skills and experience.

TimHippo
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
If he fell to 25 i would take him over Osweiler. But I dont see him going past Seattle, Jags, or Dolphins. Browns could trade down to give him to another team to stick with mccoy another year. Figuring they will be in the top 10 next year to get Barkley or Landry.

Why would you draft a mediocre QB, likely bust at 25 when we have other needs and already have the GOAT at QB.

NightTerror218
04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Why would you draft a mediocre QB, likely bust at 25 when we have other needs and already have the GOAT at QB.

Because he is the 3rd best QB in the draft. We NEED a backup who can take over. So whether you take one at 25 or 57 it will most likely happen. I dont think he is a top 20 pick but late 1st sure. I think he is better then Osweiler and that is why I would take him at 25.

Cugel
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
The worst kept secret in the 2012 NFL draft is how desperate Miami is for a QB after Manning and everybody else told them to take a hike. Alex Smith even went so far as to admit that he only accepted a flight out to South Beach in order to check out the scene. He never had the slightest intention of signing with the Dolphins.

If Tannehill is available at #8 then Robbie & CO. will cross their fingers and grab him.

Personally, I'd trade down a couple of times and take Osweiler or perhaps Weeden. But, they aren't going to do that.

CoachChaz
04-25-2012, 02:36 PM
I often wonder if people watch games and assess talent...or if they just spew shit they heard or read elsewhere

Nomad
04-25-2012, 02:39 PM
I often wonder if people watch games and assess talent...or if they just spew shit they heard or read elsewhere

If that's the case, Tannehill hopes like hell he isn't stuck with Sherman.

TimHippo
04-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Because he is the 3rd best QB in the draft. We NEED a backup who can take over. So whether you take one at 25 or 57 it will most likely happen. I dont think he is a top 20 pick but late 1st sure. I think he is better then Osweiler and that is why I would take him at 25.

It's dumb to draft a backup QB so high when we are trying to win now. I doubt Elway would do that but if he did he's not committed to winning a super bowl with Manning.

NightTerror218
04-25-2012, 02:44 PM
It's dumb to draft a backup QB so high when we are trying to win now. I doubt Elway would do that but if he did he's not committed to winning a super bowl with Manning.

Its a matter of BPA and it gives a QB a couple years under Manning. We will have a QB in rounds 1-3. Odds i think are Osweiler and Cousins. That is why there are several rounds to get that impact player they want. But they need to have a backup plan for Manning. You only have 3 yrs max and 6 months min.

CoachChaz
04-25-2012, 02:44 PM

If that's the case, Tannehill hopes like hell he isn't stuck with Sherman.

Absolutely. I'll say all day that Tannehill needs time to develop. He only has 18 games experience, but has the tools to be a very good QB.

But I'd also say that Sherman didnt exactly set him up for success and was a bigger contributor to his failures than Tanny was himself.

TimHippo
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Absolutely. I'll say all day that Tannehill needs time to develop. He only has 18 games experience, but has the tools to be a very good QB.

There are alot of Qbs with the tools to potentially be very good. They are called projects.
Drafting a project at #3 or even #8 is foolish.

Northman
04-25-2012, 02:54 PM
As ive stated before i really dont want to see us draft a QB before the 3rd round. And from there i would really only be on board with Osweiler as outside of RGIII or Luck i dont like any of the other prospects enough. As has been said before, even if they dont take a QB this year there is always next year.

TimHippo
04-25-2012, 03:02 PM
As ive stated before i really dont want to see us draft a QB before the 3rd round. And from there i would really only be on board with Osweiler as outside of RGIII or Luck i dont like any of the other prospects enough. As has been said before, even if they dont take a QB this year there is always next year.

I like Osweiler too. He came across well on Gruden's QB camp and has the giant size and basketball athleticism.
Mabye if he's around in the 4th round it would be worth it but first 3 rounds should fill up needs on defense and give Manning more weapons on offense.

BroncoNut
04-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I personally don't see this scenario. if it does happen, I don't know. I'd be pretty lukewarm on it. I think we project a safety or a DE with the pick

dogfish
04-25-2012, 03:08 PM
guys, if robert griffin is still there in the 4th, i think we should pull the trigger. . . .

BroncoNut
04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
guys, if robert griffin is still there in the 4th, i think we should pull the trigger. . . .

RG3 in the 4th? I dont' think we have to worry about that dog. I thnk Indianapolis takes him ttytt

Northman
04-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Thanks for your fantastic insight....

chazoe60
04-25-2012, 03:14 PM

RGIII in the 4th and Richardson in the 5th. Damn, if we can get Kuechly in the 2nd that draft would be the bomb!

BroncoNut
04-25-2012, 03:17 PM

i think the latter. I know that I do.

that's one thing I really admired about HD. He did his research

BroncoNut
04-25-2012, 03:18 PM
RGIII in the 4th and Richardson in the 5th. Damn, if we can get Kuechly in the 2nd that draft would be the bomb!

well don't get your hopes up. I doubt that plays out.

CoachChaz
04-25-2012, 03:24 PM

There are alot of Qbs with the tools to potentially be very good. They are called projects.
Drafting a project at #3 or even #8 is foolish.

Agree completely. Tannehill should be a 2nd rounder

That being said...i have my doubts that Miami drafts him

NightTerror218
04-25-2012, 04:07 PM
I like Osweiler too. He came across well on Gruden's QB camp and has the giant size and basketball athleticism.
Mabye if he's around in the 4th round it would be worth it but first 3 rounds should fill up needs on defense and give Manning more weapons on offense.

I did not like that interview it came across to me as well I am tall and all. So it takes several guys to take me down so i can make extra plays. So that is why I can QB, its all about my size.

Npba900
04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
can't see it happening-- too many teams still need a QB. . .

colt mccoy is never going to be good enough to win anything in that division-- his physical gifts just aren't adequate. . . cleveland management should be prosecuted for criminal negligence of their fanbase if they pass at #22. . .

Wouldn't Tannyhill(sp) be a risk as well in the first round since he's only played one season as a complete starter in college.

bcbronc
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
The great thing about Tannehill is he could step in and play WR until Peyton retires. :)

Simple Jaded
04-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Agree completely. Tannehill should be a 2nd rounder

That being said...i have my doubts that Miami drafts himYou can't afford to wait anymore because the rookie wage scale means teams invest far less in draft choices and they're far more willing to gamble on potential. So if you think he's a potential franchise QB you have to act, imo waiting will cost you more in the long run. Ponder, Locker, Gabbert and Tannehill might be proof that the draft position/player value dynamic has changed.

Miami's alternative is 2nd round leftovers and trading two #1's and a #2 to move up and get Barkley, Jones, Wilson or whomever may have proven to be a legitimate franchise QB prospect. Or settling for overdrafting another Tannehill/2nd round leftovers in next years draft.

IMO, the rookie wage scale changed everything, all QB's will be going even higher (Osweiler in the 2nd round?), and Washington set the market to move up high in the draft for a franchise QB.......

TimHippo
04-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Miami's alternative is 2nd round leftovers and trading two #1's and a #2 to move up and get Barkley, Jones, Wilson or whomever may have proven to be a legitimate franchise QB prospect. Or settling for overdrafting another Tannehill/2nd round leftovers in next years draft.

IMO, the rookie wage scale changed everything, all QB's will be going even higher (Osweiler in the 2nd round?), and Washington set the market to move up high in the draft for a franchise QB.......

Wrong. Miami's alternative is not limited to that. The correct alternative is for Miami to tank the season like the Colts (suck for Luck) and then they are assured Barkely/Jones/Wilson. There is absolutely no reason to give up two #1 and a #2.

This is what was dumb about the Redskins. All they had to do was tank 3-4 more meaningless games and they wouldn't have had to trade away all those picks for RGIII. Losing 3,4 more games was worth 2 #1s and a #2. A fair tradeoff IMO.

bcbronc
04-26-2012, 12:24 AM
ya no better way to build a winning team than get your guys to roll over for draft position.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Wrong. Miami's alternative is not limited to that. The correct alternative is for Miami to tank the season like the Colts (suck for Luck) and then they are assured Barkely/Jones/Wilson. There is absolutely no reason to give up two #1 and a #2.

This is what was dumb about the Redskins. All they had to do was tank 3-4 more meaningless games and they wouldn't have had to trade away all those picks for RGIII. Losing 3,4 more games was worth 2 #1s and a #2. A fair tradeoff IMO.
Worked for the Colts.......

CoachChaz
04-26-2012, 08:02 AM

I think you'd be far fetched to find anyone intelligent person that remotely believes that any team "tanks" a season intentionally. This isnt the NBA

Cugel
04-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote Originally Posted by TimHippo View Post

Know what happens to coaches and players who go 2-14 and get the #1 pick?

Here's what:

Irsay then proceeded to fire the entire coaching staff as well as Bill and Chris Polian. He also cut Peyton Manning

So, "it worked for the Colts?" Well, it didn't work out for the coaches and players! Most of them are GONE, including both the head coach and General Manager. Everybody got the axe and they brought in a completely new staff to start over with.

And most of the veteran players lost their jobs as well, starting with Peyton Manning.

It ends careers to have a losing season. NOBODY in the NFL loses on purpose. Nobody. :coffee:

TimHippo
04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
I think you'd be far fetched to find anyone intelligent person that remotely believes that any team "tanks" a season intentionally. This isnt the NBA

It's actually the opposite. In the NBA the worst team only gets a 25% chance at getting the first pick. As long as you are in the top 6 worst teams you have a decent shot at the number one. (And the worst 14 all have a mathematical possibility). So there is less of an incentive to tank a season than in the NFL.

In the NFL, if you tank the season you are 100% guaranteed to get the first pick. Only a dummy wouldn't see this. The best way to build a team is to tank a couple seasons like Jimmie Johnson's Cowboys did and the Colts are doing. It's a much better strategy than remaining mediocre every year (like the Redskins) and getting a mediocre pick.

TimHippo
04-26-2012, 11:33 AM
It ends careers to have a losing season. NOBODY in the NFL loses on purpose. Nobody. :coffee:

The Colts did. You would have to be naive not to see it.

Elway himself tried in order to get his Stanford boy. Benched his starter (Orton), traded away his number 1 receiver (Brandon Lloyd) and started a below average QB he wanted to get rid of (Tebow) and then traded away his starter (Orton) to a division rival that the Broncos were going to have to play. Of course, Tebow foiled Elways plans but Elway was smart in his attempt to tank the season for Luck.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 12:56 PM
The Colts did. You would have to be naive not to see it.

Elway himself tried in order to get his Stanford boy. Benched his starter (Orton), traded away his number 1 receiver (Brandon Lloyd) and started a below average QB he wanted to get rid of (Tebow) and then traded away his starter (Orton) to a division rival that the Broncos were going to have to play. Of course, Tebow foiled Elways plans but Elway was smart in his attempt to tank the season for Luck.

Tebowmania is rotting people's brain.......

CoachChaz
04-26-2012, 01:02 PM
I can see an organization setting their team up for failure, but sorry...I just dont see coaches putting their jobs on the line or owners giving up ticket revenue...just so they can draft a player that may never pan out.

Northman
04-26-2012, 01:02 PM
If Elway really wanted to tank the season he would of just left Orton in. hahahahaaha oh man. People are amazing sometimes.

TimHippo
04-26-2012, 01:30 PM
I can see an organization setting their team up for failure, but sorry...I just dont see coaches putting their jobs on the line or owners giving up ticket revenue...just so they can draft a player that may never pan out.

Nobody said anything about coaches.

You can tank a season by getting rid of your good players, not bringing in good guys, etc.
Look at the Colts. They were perfectly content with Curtis Painter (their 3rd string QB) playing the majority of the season.

The Colts tanking the season for Luck is about as obvious as you can get.

The Houston Rockets did it with Olajuwon. Tanking back to back seasons to get Ralph Sampson and Olajuwon at #1. That was one of the big reason that the NBA went to a lottery. You may have a short term loss in ticket revenue but then you are set for 15 years (barring injury).

TimHippo
04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
If Elway really wanted to tank the season he would of just left Orton in. hahahahaaha oh man. People are amazing sometimes.

Orton's what you don't want. He's the king of mediocrity. Will win enough to stay mediocre. Logic has left some people which is why some of you were on the Josh McDanields bandwagon at one point.

Northman
04-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Orton's what you don't want. He's the king of mediocrity. Will win enough to stay mediocre. Logic has left some people which is why some of you were on the Josh McDanields bandwagon at one point.

At 1-4 there was no way Orton and the Broncos were going to reach the point that Tebow and the Broncos did. Do i think Elway expected Tebow to do what he did? Nope. But dont kid yourself, if Elway wanted to tank the season he would of just stayed with Orton who was playing ABYSMAL before he was benched. As to the Colts, they started with Kerry Collins who also was playing very badly before going to Painter who actually ended up winning a couple of ballgames for them. If you think Orton was all of a sudden going to start winning ballgames last year you dont know Orton very well. That wasnt going to happen.

TimHippo
04-26-2012, 02:02 PM
At 1-4 there was no way Orton and the Broncos were going to reach the point that Tebow and the Broncos did. Do i think Elway expected Tebow to do what he did? Nope. But dont kid yourself, if Elway wanted to tank the season he would of just stayed with Orton who was playing ABYSMAL before he was benched. As to the Colts, they started with Kerry Collins who also was playing very badly before going to Painter who actually ended up winning a couple of ballgames for them. If you think Orton was all of a sudden going to start winning ballgames last year you dont know Orton very well. That wasnt going to happen.

I think you are blinded by your Orton rage. (I don't like him either if that makes you feel any better)
Orton was 4-5 last year. (If you discount the Chicago & San Diego games where he didn't play much, he is still 3-4)
He beat the undefeated Packers and also beat guess who, the Broncos.

Here are his career stats. Everything indicates that he is a mediocre QB (who will win about 50% of his games):

2011: 4-5
2010: 3-10
2009: 8-8
2008: 9-6
2007: 2-1
2005: 10-5
career starts (35-34)

Northman
04-26-2012, 02:10 PM
I think you are blinded by your Orton rage. (I don't like him either if that makes you feel any better)
Orton was 4-5 last year. (If you discount the Chicago & San Diego games where he didn't play much, he is still 3-4)

Here are his career stats. Everything indicates that he is a mediocre QB (who will win about 50% of his games):

career starts (35-34)

What Orton did on KC has no relevance to what he did with Denver. The Packer game? Really? There's an old saying that even the sun shines on a monkey's ass every once in a while. Packers overlooked the Chiefs CLEARLY just like Denver did way back when they lost to a poor Giants team. Its extremely difficult to go undefeated in the NFL. The Packers had one of their worst games of the year last year at Arrowhead. It happens but doesnt make Orton a hero there. Especially since he followed that up with a loss to the Raiders. With all that aside, it was clear the chants of Tebow coming from the fanbase made things incredibly worse for Kyle in Denver. To think he would of overcome that and got that team to the playoffs is a fallacy mate.

TimHippo
04-26-2012, 02:14 PM
What Orton did on KC has no relevance to what he did with Denver. The Packer game? Really? There's an old saying that even the sun shines on a monkey's ass every once in a while. Packers overlooked the Chiefs CLEARLY just like Denver did way back when they lost to a poor Giants team. Its extremely difficult to go undefeated in the NFL. The Packers had one of their worst games of the year last year at Arrowhead. It happens but doesnt make Orton a hero there. Especially since he followed that up with a loss to the Raiders. With all that aside, it was clear the chants of Tebow coming from the fanbase made things incredibly worse for Kyle in Denver. To think he would of overcome that and got that team to the playoffs is a fallacy mate.

Now you are rationalizing.

Kyle Orton's history and stats show that he is a medicore QB who is going to win about 50% of his games. Not the kind of QB you want if you are trying to tank the season.
You seem to have an excuse for everything but ignore his stats and history. I just hope you weren't on the Josh McDaniels bandwagon.

dogfish
04-26-2012, 02:17 PM
are you guys actually discussing this GARBAGE on draft day????

:noidea:

just ignore him!

Northman
04-26-2012, 02:21 PM
are you guys actually discussing this GARBAGE on draft day????

:noidea:

just ignore him!

You know me, im hard headed. lol

BroncoNut
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM

career starts (35-34)

no, I gotta agree with Scott here. Orton was tried and tested in that regard. sure, he didnt' have certain "luxuries", one could argue, but omg, if you watched the last 2 seasons, it went beyond disappointing to downright boring.

NightTerror218
04-26-2012, 04:24 PM
LUCK REFUSES TO SIGN WITH COLTS GETS TRADED TO DENVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would laugh if it happened........again

bcbronc
04-26-2012, 05:22 PM
LUCK REFUSES TO SIGN WITH COLTS GETS TRADED TO DENVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on that note, how many times has the Colts franchise had the #1 pick. Three I can think of off the top of my head...the years Elway, Manning and Luck came out. Obviously Elway didn't play for the Colts (and they were in a different city) but that franchise knows which years to suck.

CoachChaz
04-26-2012, 06:31 PM

on that note, how many times has the Colts franchise had the #1 pick. Three I can think of off the top of my head...the years Elway, Manning and Luck came out. Obviously Elway didn't play for the Colts (and they were in a different city) but that franchise knows which years to suck.

And apparently they do it on purpose

Simple Jaded
04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
The Colts also had the 1st and 2nd overall pick in 1990 (?), they took Steve Emptman and Quintin Coryatt. Both were busts.......

MOtorboat
04-26-2012, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AONJAlU1rN4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BroncoNut
04-27-2012, 09:42 AM
has Tannehill been selected thus far?

Jsteve01
04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
no nut...i say you start a petition to draft him.

BroncoNut
04-27-2012, 10:15 AM
no nut...i say you start a petition to draft him.

well, I was just curious is all. I am wondering what's going on in the warroom. possible scenarios.

vandammage13
04-27-2012, 10:58 AM

career starts (35-34)

Where do you get that Orton won 4 games in 2011? I've got the game against CIN (while he was a Bronco), GB and DEN (while with the chiefs)....that's 3 wins by my count.

Also you stated he didn't play much against SD....Well he played enough time to get is in a 23-10 hole and threw enough passes to manage to increase his turnover total so that game should count in the L column IMO...