PDA

View Full Version : If I told you before the end of last season.....

LoyalSoldier
04-27-2009, 10:17 PM
After the second Chiefs game, if I told you....

We will blow a 3 game lead

Mike Shanahan will be fired because he couldn't fire Slowvik.

We will hire a Pats coach who will then get involved in a spat with Culter resulting in Cutler leaving

We would draft a RB in the first round.

We would trade a 1st rounder for a 2nd round pick

Kyle Orton would be the leading candidate for our starting QB

Man it has been a crazy 5 months hasn't it?

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 10:18 PM
I would absolutely crap my pants if I thought ANY of those were true

TXBRONC
04-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Two words: No shit.

MOtorboat
04-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Wait, I thought we weren't talking about Cutler anymore...:noidea:

honz
04-27-2009, 10:20 PM
I would think you're ******* crazy. I'm still excited about some of the changes though, and looking forward to seeing how this season goes.

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I would probably laugh and call you a crazy guy...:lol:

Thank goodness that the bad dream you outlined will never come true..

2Fity@The303
04-27-2009, 10:25 PM
We will blow a 3 game lead----->No way...

Mike Shanahan will be fired because he couldn't fire Slowvik. ---> You're high

We will hire a Pats coach who will then get involved in a spat with Culter resulting in Cutler leaving---->You're kidding me right? Not a chance...

We would draft a RB in the first round.---> I think you're onto something

We would trade a 1st rounder for a 2nd round pick---->Who's the player?

Kyle Orton would be the leading candidate for our starting QB--->NeckBeard? lol...

I'm pretty sure those would of been my answers...

LoyalSoldier
04-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Wait, I thought we weren't talking about Cutler anymore...:noidea:

*sigh*

I was just stating how crazy this whole offseason has been.

MOtorboat
04-27-2009, 10:26 PM
*sigh*

Sure has been. Don't whine about people bringing up Cutler earlier in the evening and then bring up Cutler later in the evening without expecting someone to call you on it...

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 10:28 PM
*sigh*

You want to know what will make it better? Playoffs in 2009 :werd:

ikillz0mbies
04-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Cutler? Who's Cutler? I thought Elway and TD are still leading this team to Super Bowls up to this day. Am I wrong?

LoyalSoldier
04-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Sure has been. Don't whine about people bringing up Cutler earlier in the evening and then bring up Cutler later in the evening without expecting someone to call you on it...

Wow did you seriously just make that comment?

Apples and freaking oranges.

I was talking about not dragging Cutler into a thread that had nothing to do with Cutler.

HUGE DIFFERENCE!

NightTrainLayne
04-27-2009, 10:31 PM
When Bowe dropped that on-sides kick against the Sparklers. .. I had the most ominous feeling possible. I had no idea the depths of the changes on the way, but I knew it was a terribly important turning point. It was one of those "I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when.. .. " moments.

Ravage!!!

he didn't bring up cutler AS a subject.... using the word CUTLER isn't the same thing.

I think you just LOVE to argue for the sake of arguing.....

honz
Cutler? Who's Cutler? I thought Elway and TD are still leading this team to Super Bowls up to this day. Am I wrong?

You obviously don't just kill zombies...

slim
04-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Miss Cleo, is that you?

honz
04-27-2009, 10:35 PM
When Bowe dropped that on-sides kick against the Sparklers. .. I had the most ominous feeling possible. I had no idea the depths of the changes on the way, but I knew it was a terribly important turning point. It was one of those "I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when.. .. "
The Chiefs were sabotaging us all season. First they took out Tom Brady, which led to Cassel getting exposure, and eventually McD looking to trade for him. Then the Chiefs beat us for one of their 3 victories all season. And finally, the Chiefs tank the game against SD which becomes the catalyst that sets everything in motion.

The curse of Arrowhead continues...

LoyalSoldier
04-27-2009, 10:40 PM
The Chiefs were sabotaging us all season. First they took out Tom Brady, which led to Cassel getting exposure, and eventually McD looking to trade for him. Then the Chiefs beat us for one of their 3 victories all season. And finally, the Chiefs tank the game against SD which becomes the catalyst that sets everything in motion.

The curse of Arrowhead continues...

Can't beat them, make sure everyone else does?

Buff
04-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I probably would have thought that thread was stupid too.

Tned
04-27-2009, 11:14 PM

We will hire a Pats coach who will then get involved in a spat with Culter resulting in Cutler leaving

I would have told you to stop huffing, it's rotting your brain.

aberdien
04-27-2009, 11:15 PM

No, those days are long gone. But now we have Jake Plummer and Tatum Bell...CHAMPIONSHIP!

LoyalSoldier
04-27-2009, 11:33 PM
I think it would be fun to go back in time and list everything that will happen on an internet forum just to watch the reactions.

aberdien
04-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Plummer doesn't have the skillz to take us to the AFC Championship game. But Tatum Bell man...he's a keeper...look out LT.

omac
04-28-2009, 03:08 AM

To add to this ...

If after the 2007 season, I'd tell you that we'd have one of the best OLs in the NFL, that we'd actually beat the Chargers and score 30+ points on their defense, that we'd be passing so much more than rushing, that we'd end the season with 7 RBs on IR, that we'd actually be in the running for conference champion not wildcard, that we'd have so many effective rookies in key roles, that Cutler-Marshall-and-Wiegmann(Nalen's recently acquired 'backup') would make the Probowl, and that we'd have an even worse defense with Slowik than we did with Bates ... :D

Lots of bad things happened last season, but lots of good things too. :cheers:

threefolddead
04-28-2009, 06:48 AM
To add to this ...

If after the 2007 season, I'd tell you that we'd have one of the best OLs in the NFL, that we'd actually beat the Chargers and score 30+ points on their defense, that we'd be passing so much more than rushing, that we'd end the season with 7 RBs on IR, that we'd actually be in the running for conference champion not wildcard, that we'd have so many effective rookies in key roles, that Cutler-Marshall-and-Wiegmann(Nalen's recently acquired 'backup') would make the Probowl, and that we'd have an even worse defense with Slowik than we did with Bates ... :D

Lots of bad things happened last season, but lots of good things too. :cheers:

This makes me feel better.

atwater27
04-28-2009, 07:54 AM

Were you loved as a child?