PDA

View Full Version : Washington RB Chris Polk on Broncos’ NFL draft board

Denver Native (Carol)
04-18-2012, 01:16 PM
After Alabama’s Trent Richardson, who figures to go in the top 10 picks of next week’s draft, somewhere in the top five running backs on the Broncos’ draft board are Boise State’s Doug Martin and Washington’s Chris Polk.

As you can see by the chart below, Polk compares favorably to Richardson in terms of production. Polk was listed at 222 pounds at Washington but with so much emphasis on the 40-yard dash leading up to the draft, he weighed in at 215 at the scouting combine and 212 at his Pro Day.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/04/17/rb-chris-polk-broncos-draft-board/13003/

Northman
04-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Out of the choice of him or Martin i would go Polk.

dogfish
04-18-2012, 03:07 PM
martin and polk should be the top two backs on our board after richardson, and i bet they are. . .

underrated29
04-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Get your pitch forks ready.

I do not see a big difference between polk and knowshon. My guess, is that they really really like Lamar Miller- like lammy pointed out, but will probably end up taking polk because he will fall the farthest. I have been watching a lot of Polk film, and I like what I see, much more than at first glance. I do not see anything special from him except that he keeps his legs churning. Reminds me of Marshawn Lynch. And as Marshawn figured out, and the world has seen, when you keep your legs moving, not even hard but just moving, you break tackles and keep going and going.

Northman
04-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Get your pitch forks ready.

I do not see a big difference between polk and knowshon. My guess, is that they really really like Lamar Miller- like lammy pointed out, but will probably end up taking polk because he will fall the farthest. I have been watching a lot of Polk film, and I like what I see, much more than at first glance. I do not see anything special from him except that he keeps his legs churning. Reminds me of Marshawn Lynch. And as Marshawn figured out, and the world has seen, when you keep your legs moving, not even hard but just moving, you break tackles and keep going and going.

I agree with most of this except the knowshon comparison. Moreno is nothing like what you just described here. lol

dogfish
04-18-2012, 03:23 PM
I agree with most of this except the knowshon comparison. Moreno is nothing like what you just described here. lol

north, have you met my buddy U29? he's the only person here who still thinks knowshon is worth anything. . . :heh:

underrated29
04-18-2012, 03:50 PM

let me rephrase, I did not compare polk and moreno....I am jsut saying i do not see polk doing anything special that knowshon cant. But they are Not similar type players, as you say.

north, have you met my buddy U29? he's the only person here who still thinks knowshon is worth anything. . . :heh:

Because I am never wrong on my Rbs. Usually I am pretty good and spotting the ones that are worth something. I just did not know that he had a vagina. I still have faith he is going to grow a pair this year. And then I can sing on the mountain tops and dance with the leprechauns. I still believe.

LTC Pain
04-18-2012, 04:36 PM
let me rephrase, I did not compare polk and moreno....I am jsut saying i do not see polk doing anything special that knowshon cant. But they are Not similar type players, as you say.

Because I am never wrong on my Rbs. Usually I am pretty good and spotting the ones that are worth something. I just did not know that he had a vagina. I still have faith he is going to grow a pair this year. And then I can sing on the mountain tops and dance with the leprechauns. I still believe.

Here's what you said first - "I do not see a big difference between polk and knowshon."

Here's what you followed up with - "I did not compare polk and moreno...."

Superchop 7
04-18-2012, 04:43 PM
I like Polk but he had a ton of carries in college. My move would be to pick up a vet that can pound the rock and get a guy like L James that is a 3rd down weapon.

underrated29
04-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Here's what you said first - "I do not see a big difference between polk and knowshon."

Here's what you followed up with - "I did not compare polk and moreno...."

Right.
And I do not see a big difference between Kyle Orton or Matt Cassell, but I am not comparing the two to one another either.

Once again, I do not see Polk doing anything special that Moreno can not do, but I am not comparing them together as RBs....Two completely different style of backs imo. Knowshon is the shifiter, juke move, scat back who works the edges and outside with a nasty stiff arm. Polk- is a more up the middle runner with more power and less deke abilitity, but keeps his legs driving no matter what.

Two completely different back and styles of runner, but Polk IMO is not going to do anymore on the field then knowshon (as a bronco that is)

Shananahan
04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Right.
And I do not see a big difference between Kyle Orton or Matt Cassell, but I am not comparing the two to one another either.
You realize a comparison is when you list differences and similarities, right?

dogfish
04-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Once again, I do not see Polk doing anything special that Moreno can not do

other than running hard between the tackles and not limping off the field after five plays. . . :lol::lol:

Jsteve01
04-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Polk is three shoulder surgeries in and he's just getting out of college. No thank you. I'd much prefer Martin, Turbin or Ganaway late. Polk just doesn't show a ton of burst. Sure he ran 4.4s at his pro day, but it takes him a while to get up to speed.

LTC Pain
04-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Right.

Once again, I do not see Polk doing anything special that Moreno can not do, but I am not comparing them together as RBs....Two completely different style of backs imo. Knowshon is the shifiter, juke move, scat back who works the edges and outside with a nasty stiff arm. Polk- is a more up the middle runner with more power and less deke abilitity, but keeps his legs driving no matter what.

Two completely different back and styles of runner, but Polk IMO is not going to do anymore on the field then knowshon (as a bronco that is)

But you're not comparing them..............

SmilinAssasSin27
04-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Isn't he the dude who looked like shit and the combine and was out of shape?

ShaneFalco
04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
please not polk.... need Lamar miller!

Tebowtime2011
04-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Please get lamar miller instead he its way to good a talent not to get if he is available

Jsteve01
04-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Isn't he the dude who looked like shit and the combine and was out of shape?

Yes

underrated29
04-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeaaah. Im not comparing them but im comparing them, because anytime you talk about two rbs you are comparing them. And by comparing them I mean comparing them to one another and not in comparison as overall production but a comparison as like pairs congruent in a unit under a uniform comparison indifferent from comparing of the like.

Lord Almighty, this should not be that difficult.

dogfish
04-19-2012, 12:34 AM
just stop comparing them!!