PDA

View Full Version : The Giants keep getting better and better ....

omac
10-21-2007, 11:30 PM
I actually saw their potential when they lost their first game to the Cowboys. Eli proved the Tiki and the critics wrong there, and despite their next loss, I thought they were a really good football team.

Now, their defense stuffs runs and sacks quarterbacks like piranhas, Eli's been not just consistent, but good ... almost "Peyton Manning"-good if you go by his FF stats. Plaxico's been on a tear, and had only his first off day, while Toomer is emerging. Now with Jacobs back, they don't just have a strong RBBC, they have a whole platoon. Add to that Shockey making big plays, and their offensive line giving great pass protection, and moving the defensive lines back when they run the ball ... this is a strong team that seems to have no weaknesses.

I'd say they're easily a top 5 team in the NFL, the other 4 being NE, Colts, Cowboys, and Steelers; I'd put Jacksonville at #6 and Tennessee no worse than top 10.

This team can compete with any other team, and may be one of the few teams NE doesn't just run over.