PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2012 Schedule Announced

Magnificent Seven
04-17-2012, 06:37 PM
1 Sun. Sept. 9 PITTSBURGH Sports Authority Field at Mile High 6:20 p.m. MDT NBC (NTL)

2 Mon. Sept. 17 at Atlanta Georgia Dome 8:30 p.m. EDT ESPN (NTL)

3 Sun. Sept. 23 HOUSTON Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MDT CBS

4 Sun. Sept. 30 OAKLAND Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:05 p.m. MDT CBS

5 Sun. Oct. 7 at New England Gillette Stadium 4:15 p.m. EDT CBS

6 Mon. Oct. 15 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 5:30 p.m. PDT ESPN (NTL)

7 BYE

8 Sun. Oct. 28 NEW ORLEANS Sports Authority Field at Mile High 6:20 p.m. MDT NBC (NTL)

9 Sun. Nov. 4 at Cincinnati Paul Brown Stadium 1 p.m. EST CBS

10 Sun. Nov. 11 at Carolina Bank of America Stadium 1 p.m. EST CBS

11 Sun. Nov. 18 SAN DIEGO Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MST CBS*

12 Sun. Nov. 25 at Kansas City Arrowhead Stadium 12 p.m. CST CBS*

13 Sun. Dec. 2 TAMPA BAY Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:05 p.m. MST FOX*

14 Thu. Dec. 6 at Oakland O.co Coliseum 5:20 p.m. PST NFLN (NTL)

15 Sun. Dec. 16 at Baltimore M&T Bank Stadium 1 p.m. EST CBS*

16 Sun. Dec. 23 CLEVELAND Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:05 p.m. MST CBS*

17 Sun. Dec. 30 KANSAS CITY Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MST CBS*

* All NFL games scheduled for Sundays from Weeks 11-17 are eligible to be moved to the Sunday night game,
which is televised nationally by NBC.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-2012-Schedule-Announced/2a88ace6-632d-4def-9f2c-25a1ca5af2de

CoachChaz
04-17-2012, 06:39 PM
I call 10-6

ssgtwc
04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Wow....5 Primetimes

Magnificent Seven
04-17-2012, 06:44 PM
No home game on Monday Night. What a bummer. I love Monday Night Football in Denver.

NightTerror218
04-17-2012, 06:48 PM
I think we lose to @NE, @Bal, @ KC, NO, Hous, @Atl

10-6

vettesplus
04-17-2012, 07:02 PM
10-6

SmilinAssasSin27
04-17-2012, 07:11 PM
open v pittsburgh...fun, fun, fun

LawDog
04-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Travel-wise, this is a very favorable schedule. Our two coast-to-coast weeks: New England to San Diego has an extra day built in followed by the bye; and Oakland to Baltimore has a 10-day gap followed up by a home game. And our only September road game is in a dome. No hot and humid trips to Florida to start the season...

threefolddead
04-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Only thing that bums me out is there will be no option for flex games at the end of the season.

LawDog
04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Only thing that bums me out is there will be no option for flex games at the end of the season.

I assume you mean just the Cleveland and KC games, because the San Diego and Baltimore games are flex candidates in my opinion.

sneakers
04-17-2012, 07:24 PM
82-0

threefolddead
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
I assume you mean just the Cleveland and KC games, because the San Diego and Baltimore games are flex candidates in my opinion.

Nah I mean we have five primetime games and a team can have no more than five. So flexing any game is not an option.

HORSEPOWER 56
I'm stunned that Manning/Brady wasn't one of the games chosen for primetime and wasn't even scheduled for a day that it could be flexed. If there was one game I would've bet on to be NTL it was that one.

Denver Native (Carol)
Minutes after the schedule was released, Head Coach John Fox went on NFL Network and Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway spoke with 850 KOA about the Broncos’ slate of games.

Below are the transcripts from those interviews.

HEAD COACH JOHN FOX:
On the schedule
“We just saw the schedule about 20 minutes ago. We were able to look at it just a little bit, then we’re still in the middle of grading defensive backs.”

rest - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/fox-elway-talk-schedule/

UnderArmour
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Nah I mean we have five primetime games and a team can have no more than five. So flexing any game is not an option.
It's an option for week 17 because the league HAS TO put whatever game has the most definite playoff implications in that slot. But I definitely hope we have the division wrapped up before that.

ShaneFalco
04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Manning better beat Pittsburgh. or will make us look like fools.

Magnificent Seven
04-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Which game will Broncos wear their alternative navy blue jerseys?

TimHippo
04-17-2012, 08:59 PM
1 Sun. Sept. 9 PITTSBURGH Sports Authority Field at Mile High 6:20 p.m. MDT NBC (NTL)

2 Mon. Sept. 17 at Atlanta Georgia Dome 8:30 p.m. EDT ESPN (NTL)

3 Sun. Sept. 23 HOUSTON Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MDT CBS

4 Sun. Sept. 30 OAKLAND Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:05 p.m. MDT CBS

5 Sun. Oct. 7 at New England Gillette Stadium 4:15 p.m. EDT CBS

6 Mon. Oct. 15 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 5:30 p.m. PDT ESPN (NTL)

7 BYE

8 Sun. Oct. 28 NEW ORLEANS Sports Authority Field at Mile High 6:20 p.m. MDT NBC (NTL)

9 Sun. Nov. 4 at Cincinnati Paul Brown Stadium 1 p.m. EST CBS

10 Sun. Nov. 11 at Carolina Bank of America Stadium 1 p.m. EST CBS

11 Sun. Nov. 18 SAN DIEGO Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MST CBS*

12 Sun. Nov. 25 at Kansas City Arrowhead Stadium 12 p.m. CST CBS*

13 Sun. Dec. 2 TAMPA BAY Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:05 p.m. MST FOX*

14 Thu. Dec. 6 at Oakland O.co Coliseum 5:20 p.m. PST NFLN (NTL)

15 Sun. Dec. 16 at Baltimore M&T Bank Stadium 1 p.m. EST CBS*

16 Sun. Dec. 23 CLEVELAND Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:05 p.m. MST CBS*

17 Sun. Dec. 30 KANSAS CITY Sports Authority Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MST CBS*

* All NFL games scheduled for Sundays from Weeks 11-17 are eligible to be moved to the Sunday night game,
which is televised nationally by NBC.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-2012-Schedule-Announced/2a88ace6-632d-4def-9f2c-25a1ca5af2de

Honestly, it looks like a brutal schedule. Cleveland seems to be the only gimmie.

The two other supposed weak teams they gave us Carolina and Tampa Bay will be much improved next year.

I think every game is going to be a battle and close but Peyton should be able to pull most of them out and outscore them.

Nomad
04-17-2012, 09:06 PM
While it's been a long winter here and looking forward to summer but I hope it goes quick, I'm really looking forward to the BRONCO season....gettin back the Sunday Ticket is gonna be great.

camdisco24
04-17-2012, 09:15 PM
And the countdown to September is on!

Going to look into tickets to the Carolina game. It would be my first Broncos game in YEARS, hopefully I can work something out!

Going to be a tough season, but this team proved last year that they have a lot of heart... and the addition of Peyton Manning certainly helps.

BroncoWave
04-17-2012, 09:35 PM

This is not correct. You can have 6 primetime games. Only 5 can be scheduled and one can be flexed.

ShaneFalco
04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
i really dont get the bias i see in NFL schedules.... They did this with the Rams last year, because they felt they got to close to being in the playoffs with a bad division. Seems like they trying to make a statement with the Broncos this year...

DenBronx
04-17-2012, 09:46 PM
This is not correct. You can have 6 primetime games. Only 5 can be scheduled and one can be flexed.

So, it's possible that we could even end up with 6 primetime games?

Got to be the game against NE then.

Finally we get a season filled with primetime games! I love this!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-17-2012, 09:52 PM
i really dont get the bias i see in NFL schedules.... They did this with the Rams last year, because they felt they got to close to being in the playoffs with a bad division. Seems like they trying to make a statement with the Broncos this year...

A common question I get from football fans concerns the NFL's scheduling procedures and how a team's opponents are determined. Since the realignment that moved the NFL to an eight-division league, the scheduling format has become quite simple actually.

• Each team plays home and away against its three division opponents, which accounts for six games on the schedule.

• Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle, which accounts for four more games.

• Each team plays four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle, which accounts for another four games.

• Each team plays two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings. For example, the first-place team in a division will play against the first-place team from another division within the same conference. The second place team in a division will play against the second-place team from another division within the same conference, etc...

http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/bl_schedproced.htm

Canmore
04-17-2012, 10:07 PM
So, it's possible that we could even end up with 6 primetime games?

Got to be the game against NE then.

Finally we get a season filled with primetime games! I love this!

The New England game won't be flexed. It is to early in the season. The Flex games start week eleven if I remember correctly.

BroncoWave
04-17-2012, 10:17 PM

Ugh, people. The schedules are set YEARS in advance. You already know 14 of the opponents you will play every year for the next several years. There is no bias. It was determined in 2002 who 14 of these 16 games would be against. The other two are based on us winning our division. People really need to educate themselves on how the schedule is made.

ATLbroNCO
04-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Ah, the Broncos playing the Falcons on Monday night doesn't do me any favors. The price of that ticket will most likely go up 50-60$.

Anyways, looks to be a very exciting season. We won't be making the playoffs by any flukes this year. If (and hopefully when) we make the playoffs, we will be battle tested and ready to make a run.

iLands
04-18-2012, 01:01 AM
This is going to be a wild ride.

Mannway187
04-18-2012, 06:47 AM
All you 10-6 ney sayers need to have more faith. I'm looking at this schedule and I see some pretty weak pass defenses. Looks to me like the toughest two teams on this schedule are the Falcons in Atlanta and the Ravens in Baltimore. Manning has a habit of shredding the other teams on the list and even with the year off he won't miss a beat. He is more determined than ever to show the NFL that the Colts gave up on him way too soon. As long as Del Rio has the defense dialed in, which he will, most of these teams like to throw the ball. Thats exactly what we want. I'm gonna say 13-3 or better. And in the spirit of a famous used car salesman 13-3 or I'll eat bug!!

claymore
04-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Manning better beat Pittsburgh. or will make us look like fools.

Why? Our previous 2 QB's are backups.

Timmy!
04-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Stupid east coast bias schedule. How can the NFL give us such a hard schedule? :heh:

Buff
04-18-2012, 10:42 AM
I wish we could play every game on Sundays at either 11am or 2pm MTN. Waiting around for primetime games annoys me. At least we don't have to open on MNF this year in the late slot. That is the worst.

MasterShake
04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
I wish we could play every game on Sundays at either 11am or 2pm MTN. Waiting around for primetime games annoys me. At least we don't have to open on MNF this year in the late slot. That is the worst.

Sometimes I hate waiting, but other times its nice to see how the rest of the AFCW does over the weekend to see what kind of ground you are gonna gain or lose with the upcoming night game.

weazel
04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
wow, we were planning on heading to a game this season but the prices people want for their tickets this year is insane! I'm not paying 1200 bucks a ticket, stupid ********

underrated29
04-18-2012, 11:10 AM
http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/bl_schedproced.htm

Ugh, people. The schedules are set YEARS in advance. You already know 14 of the opponents you will play every year for the next several years. There is no bias. It was determined in 2002 who 14 of these 16 games would be against. The other two are based on us winning our division. People really need to educate themselves on how the schedule is made.

You guys both missed his point. He was not saying the schedule bias, but the times...The prime time slots. Not the opponents.

He was saying last year the NFL gave the rams a bunch of prime time games because they thought they were going to be good. They have now done the same to us.- that is what the point he was making is.

underrated29
04-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Sometimes I hate waiting, but other times its nice to see how the rest of the AFCW does over the weekend to see what kind of ground you are gonna gain or lose with the upcoming night game.

Its a little bit of both for me. I like the wait, but on the other hand it sucks sometimes.....The day drags...

But what I hate the most is if we lose on a primetime game. There are no other games afterward to somewhat cheer me up and then I have to go to bed all pissed off and let down. I hate that. Makes sleeping harder too.

NightTerror218
04-18-2012, 11:43 AM
While it's been a long winter here and looking forward to summer but I hope it goes quick, I'm really looking forward to the BRONCO season....gettin back the Sunday Ticket is gonna be great.

OH so i can camp on your coach to watch the games :D

NightTerror218
04-18-2012, 11:47 AM
All you 10-6 ney sayers need to have more faith. I'm looking at this schedule and I see some pretty weak pass defenses. Looks to me like the toughest two teams on this schedule are the Falcons in Atlanta and the Ravens in Baltimore. Manning has a habit of shredding the other teams on the list and even with the year off he won't miss a beat. He is more determined than ever to show the NFL that the Colts gave up on him way too soon. As long as Del Rio has the defense dialed in, which he will, most of these teams like to throw the ball. Thats exactly what we want. I'm gonna say 13-3 or better. And in the spirit of a famous used car salesman 13-3 or I'll eat bug!!

Dont forget this is a new offense that needs time to gel together. Manning may be good but he needs to build that chemistry, so he knows when he WR is going to break and what not. It is not an instant affect. That is why I went with 10-6. Also you think the @NE game is a win? Not to mention the chiefs will be much better this year and @KC will be tough. Also Manning had a horrible record against SD and NO will be tough that is going to be a shoot out.

NightTerror218
04-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Why? Our previous 2 QB's are backups.

BUT Tebow lit up Pitt last time. They will want revenge. No matter how you put it, Tebow lit up the Steelers last time. They played a bad scheme and Tebow exposed them with DT. They will not make that mistake against Manning and will play their normal defense.

BroncoWave
04-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Another thing to note, since the Pitt game is in Denver Ryan Clark will be out again. That will be helpful.

Chef Zambini
04-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Travel-wise, this is a very favorable schedule. Our two coast-to-coast weeks: New England to San Diego has an extra day built in followed by the bye; and Oakland to Baltimore has a 10-day gap followed up by a home game. And our only September road game is in a dome. No hot and humid trips to Florida to start the season...
all valid points if we have the luxury of overlooking the opponent.

In essense, it just means, no excuses.

...like the ones orange tinted enthusiasts tend to point to when the losing column gets fed.

Chef Zambini
04-18-2012, 12:51 PM
schedule tells me we have to be good, right out of the box!
No easing into this season.
same page...
same sentence, same word, same letter.
Thats the only way the manning offense will work.
I hope mcgehee is healthy and ready.

BroncoStud
04-18-2012, 01:48 PM
That's a brutal freaking schedule.

Mannway187
04-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Dont forget this is a new offense that needs time to gel together. Manning may be good but he needs to build that chemistry, so he knows when he WR is going to break and what not. It is not an instant affect. That is why I went with 10-6. Also you think the @NE game is a win? Not to mention the chiefs will be much better this year and @KC will be tough. Also Manning had a horrible record against SD and NO will be tough that is going to be a shoot out.

I'm not forgetting that this is a new system. We haven't changed offensive coordinators we just upgraded our QB. Offense is still Offense and playing catch is still paying catch. Besides, Peyton Manning is on a mission and there isn't a player in this league that works harder at making everybody around him better. We get NE early in the season where they have a history of losing tough games. SD having success against the Colts had just as much to do with Phyliss beating that Colt defense than it did the SD defense beating Manning. More important is the fact that SD is a much weaker team the last couple years. Yes KC will be tough in KC but they're playing under a completely different head coach with zero prior success as a head coach and they have a QB whose best year was when he backed up Brady. He wasn't even a starter in college and he hasn't been worth crap since NE and Mc tricked the Chiefs into thinking he had skills. Finally NO won't even have an interim head coach for the first 7 weeks of the season and we play them in week 8. We get 2 weeks to prepare for them and we play them in our house. Now Oakland may give us fits if their RB1 is 100% when they come here. The teams that can keep the ball away from Manning and eat up clock are the ones that concerne me. So yeah I like 13-3, but I'll keep the bug warm just in case.

jlarsiii
04-18-2012, 04:23 PM
At least at this point, if we manage to end up with a winning record and advance to the playoffs we will have earned it without a doubt. Not much of a chance to back into the big dance with this schedule...

Denver Native (Carol)
04-18-2012, 04:43 PM
wow, we were planning on heading to a game this season but the prices people want for their tickets this year is insane! I'm not paying 1200 bucks a ticket, stupid ********

The Broncos have to allot so many tickets to the visiting team, and then the unused ones are sent back, and available. Call the Broncos' ticket office and see how that works.