PDA

View Full Version : How closely did you follow the Draft?

MasterShake
04-26-2009, 10:53 PM
I can care less about watching it, but I like to know who we picked up. What about you guys?

Italianmobstr7
04-26-2009, 10:55 PM
I watched from beginning to end.

Tned
04-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Watched beginning to end. At times, had NFLN streaming on computer, ESPN on TV, NFL Radio streaming on xmradio.com, BF chat room up, Mane chat room up, and monitoring the draftday thread. :lol:

MasterShake
04-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Watched beginning to end. At times, had NFLN streaming on computer, ESPN on TV, NFL Radio streaming on xmradio.com, BF chat room up, Mane chat room up, and monitoring the draftday thread. :lol:

Cool. Poll is up now! GO VOTE! :laugh:

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 10:58 PM
I had it on mostly the whole time...but I was typing up a huge finals paper the entire weekend :(

shank
04-26-2009, 11:01 PM
I had it on mostly the whole time...but I was typing up a huge finals paper the entire weekend :(

i ignored all of my obligations for the weekend.

Skinny
04-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I lOvE FoOtBaLl.

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 11:03 PM
i ignored all of my obligations for the weekend.

Paper's due tomorrow and is worth 30% of my entire grade. I couldn't afford to ignore that obligation :lol:

Italianmobstr7
04-26-2009, 11:04 PM
I took off work for the draft. I have off last fri through this monday. I made sure that I had nothing to do but watch and enjoy.

MasterShake
04-26-2009, 11:10 PM
All you guys who really follow the Draft hardcore, do you also play fantasy football? I'm starting to think that some people just live and breathe every aspect of the game. I admire that, but it seems crazy to me sometimes. :lol:

honz
04-26-2009, 11:14 PM
All you guys who really follow the Draft hardcore, do you also play fantasy football? I'm starting to think that some people just live and breathe every aspect of the game. I admire that, but it seems crazy to me sometimes. :lol:
It distracts us from our bleak realities. :laugh:

MasterShake
04-26-2009, 11:15 PM
It distracts us from our bleak realities. :laugh:

I guess so! :lol:

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 11:17 PM

fantasy football is for geeks...

:couch:

MasterShake
04-26-2009, 11:20 PM

Its like Dungeons and Dragons for sports fans, not that theres anything wrong with that....:shocked:;)

GEM
04-26-2009, 11:22 PM
I usually watch all of Day 1, keep track of Day 2.

This year, I watched Round 1 with no audio while with my sister during her labor. Didn't catch Round 2 or any of Day 2. UGH!!! But it was worth it. :D

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 11:23 PM
I usually watch all of Day 1, keep track of Day 2.

This year, I watched Round 1 with no audio while with my sister during her labor. Didn't catch Round 2 or any of Day 2. UGH!!! But it was worth it. :D

Congrats GEM....

GEM
04-26-2009, 11:24 PM

How bout a Dork? This dork loves fantasy football and beat all the old regs from Mania's Smack Forum. :rockon: 1st place rocks....bragging rights with a bunch of rival fans that you used to smack around with is PHENOM!! :D

GEM
04-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Congrats GEM....

Thank you m'dear. :D

oobehr
04-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Watched all of the first day stuff and had the second day stuff on in the background all day sunday. Read like every analysis of it and am pretty happy with how it went for us.

Also do fantasy football so I guess I am a nerdburger.

MOtorboat
04-28-2009, 09:41 PM
I have no life.

deacon
04-28-2009, 10:31 PM

Hey, what do you do with your spare time? Just wondering....

deacon
04-28-2009, 10:34 PM

Funny you should mention that. I finally decided to get involved in fantasy football a couple of years ago but when the draft came I drafted every Bronco player I could. Didn't want anyone else.

Ended up getting spanked and decided it wasn't for me. :)

MasterShake
04-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Funny you should mention that. I finally decided to get involved in fantasy football a couple of years ago but when the draft came I drafted every Bronco player I could. Didn't want anyone else.

Ended up getting spanked and decided it wasn't for me. :)

Deep as I get with stuff like that is playing Madden. I'll do the GM stuff and do about 3 seasons. I always play as the Broncos online and get whupped on by 10 years olds.

LoyalSoldier
04-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I had the TV going and only really turned up the sound when the Broncos were on the clock. I had too many assignments to watch the whole thing.

DenBronx
04-28-2009, 11:32 PM
im now developing a mock draft for 2010...thats how closely i am watching it.

dogfish
04-28-2009, 11:36 PM

i had eight fantasy leagues last year. . . . you tryin' to say i've got a problem? are you punk??!

i'll kick that straw down your throat. . . .

BroncoWave
04-29-2009, 12:04 AM
I usually watch from start to finish but between going to the Hornets-Nuggets game Saturday and going to work on Sunday I missed a a few rounds but I still watch almost all the first day and about half the second.

horsepig
04-29-2009, 12:43 AM
This should be a thread, but how about players from out west? Utah kicked ass on everyone they played, including the Crimson Tide! Draft picks from Eastern Michigasn, but not from Boise State?

Nomad
04-29-2009, 08:02 AM
I usually don't pay attention to the NFL until August - February (does that make me a bad fan), but with my current status, I'm paying attention more this offseason and decided to sit through a draft. Let me say, "Thank God they don't go 12 rounds anymore:lol:". My rearend would have sores and my wife would have kicked me out of the house telling me to get a hotel room until it's over. Will I do it again, probably not, but it was interesting though I like seeing highlights of Jets fans on ESPN. They're like the classic overreaction that I've seen for years.

Dortoh
04-29-2009, 09:34 AM
I have no life so I watched all of day 1 and 3/4 of day 2

frauschieze
04-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I have no life so I watched all of day 1 and 3/4 of day 2

I fell asleep on the couch during the 7th round, but I watched the rest. I woke up and somehow knew we picked up that center. I may try that next year.....sleep through rounds 5-7 and see if I still know who we picked up. :D

deacon
04-29-2009, 12:09 PM
I fell asleep on the couch during the 7th round, but I watched the rest. I woke up and somehow knew we picked up that center. I may try that next year.....sleep through rounds 5-7 and see if I still know who we picked up. :D

sublem.....sablim.....sublaaminal.......sibleminil .......you must be phychic.

Jaws
04-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Usually I follow all the action online.
Last year I caught some on tv too as Sky channel decided to show part of the first day.
This year I was away and had no computer access.
Thankfully, Sparkie kept me posted with regular text messages via my phone. :beer:
Been catchin up with threads, videos etc since. Not a bad way to enjoy the draft actually, when peeps have had a bit of a chance to settle down and get over initial shocks etc ;)

OrangeHoof
04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I wish the draft would have the first three rounds on the first day again. I was at a draft party so I watched the first two rounds with interest. I watched the third and fourth rounds on a hit-and-miss basis while I went to a baseball game. I caught none of the last three rounds because I was driving home.

In the past, I spent more time watching the draft but this time I was really lukewarm about a lot of the talent in the draft so my interest wasn't as high as usual.

I'm still mentally adapting to the idea that there's a new sheriff in town after 14 years of the same guy.