PDA

View Full Version : What A Beautiful Sunday Night!

BigBroncLove
10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't know about you all, but I was skeptical but very very hopeful baout tonights win. I didn't think te Broncos stacked well against the Steelers, but at the same time I told my Sis tonight that I had a good feeling. Whatever that's supposed to mean, after three straight losses, this win felt as good as playoff victory. I would of prefered 35 - 0, but against such a strong Steelers team and a terrible stretch, what a great victory. That D looks improved. The run D is finally pulling their weight, and the team looked great, even without Walker or Bailey.

Gotta hope Scheffler is healthy for next week, but damnit if this isn't as good as Christmas when your seven years old. Go Broncos!

Tned
10-21-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't know about you all, but I was skeptical but very very hopeful baout tonights win. I didn't think te Broncos stacked well against the Steelers, but at the same time I told my Sis tonight that I had a good feeling. Whatever that's supposed to mean, after three straight losses, this win felt as good as playoff victory. I would of prefered 35 - 0, but against such a strong Steelers team and a terrible stretch, what a great victory. That D looks improved. The run D is finally pulling their weight, and the team looked great, even without Walker or Bailey.

Gotta hope Scheffler is healthy for next week, but damnit if this isn't as good as Christmas when your seven years old. Go Broncos!

I am not going to say I thought they were a definate win or were going to dominate Pitt, but I have been pretty consistant in saying the Broncos aren't as bad as some people think, and that the team has a lot of new/young components and it would likely take until near mid-season until the really start to gel.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2007, 10:51 PM
I am not going to say I thought they were a definate win or were going to dominate Pitt, but I have been pretty consistant in saying the Broncos aren't as bad as some people think, and that the team has a lot of new/young components and it would likely take until near mid-season until the really start to gel.

I think this win will go a long ways in making that second half push. Before the season started, I did not like the bye as early as it was, but I think it worked out great for the Broncos.

omac
10-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I think this win will go a long ways in making that second half push. Before the season started, I did not like the bye as early as it was, but I think it worked out great for the Broncos.

Yep, the bye may be just what the doctor ordered. Beating who I think is a top 5 team in the league should also boost morale.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Yep, the bye may be just what the doctor ordered. Beating who I think is a top 5 team in the league should also boost morale.

Channel 9 interviewed DJ Williams in the locker room, and he said the bye was good for the team, it gave each player time to decide what they wanted to do with the rest of the season, gave each player time to think about what they were doing wrong, and correct it.

Escobar
10-21-2007, 11:11 PM
yep, watched the game, and seen a bunch of miss int's, would of been different if champ played. Anyways good game.

TXBRONC
10-21-2007, 11:40 PM

Same here. Also one of the things that helped to keep me confident was the fact that Shanahan has a very good record coming off the bye week.

omac
10-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Channel 9 interviewed DJ Williams in the locker room, and he said the bye was good for the team, it gave each player time to decide what they wanted to do with the rest of the season, gave each player time to think about what they were doing wrong, and correct it.

Now, if only we had a bye before every game, hehehe. :D

I hope they keep up the intensity and focus all season long. This defense allows us to be competitive.

Medford Bronco
10-21-2007, 11:51 PM

and I was the ring leader. I will stop getting on this team and cut some
slack..hey their run defense is still not great but it was much improved tonight.

I like when we create turnovers. It was the main reason for tonights win.

I still am hoping for that "clean" game at some point, if we want to be a potetinal playoff team it will be needed down the road..

also the Red Sox won so I am happy as well :salute:

keithbishop
10-22-2007, 06:39 AM
What a game!!

Elam delivered, as we all knew he would. The victory is even sweeter after the refs missed 2 Steelers jumping offsides on 3rd and 8.

Thanks for the big turnovers, D.

Have to admit I had really soured on the team. Hopefully we'll be given another reason for optimism Monday.

Tned
10-22-2007, 07:12 AM
I still am hoping for that "clean" game at some point, if we want to be a potetinal playoff team it will be needed down the road..

also the Red Sox won so I am happy as well :salute:

I'm not sure we are going to see a "clean" game from this team for quite a while. There are too many young components. Look at the O-line. I have to rewatch the game (although it looks like my Tivo may have died overnight, so I might not), but my overall impression initially was that the O-line had one of it's better pass blocking games of the season, maybe of two seasons. Maybe some of the youngsters are developing.

I would like to have Cutler have an INT free game, if for no other reason than to stop having the commentators bring up the 'streak' during every telecast.

Den21vsBal19
10-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Well, it was certainly worth staying up for :D

Stargazer
10-22-2007, 08:31 AM
It's amazing what can happen when the defense creates turnovers and the Broncos score TD's in the red zone.

:salute:

omac
10-22-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure we are going to see a "clean" game from this team for quite a while. There are too many young components. Look at the O-line. I have to rewatch the game (although it looks like my Tivo may have died overnight, so I might not), but my overall impression initially was that the O-line had one of it's better pass blocking games of the season, maybe of two seasons. Maybe some of the youngsters are developing.

I would like to have Cutler have an INT free game, if for no other reason than to stop having the commentators bring up the 'streak' during every telecast.

I expected Cutler to have some turnovers, but I was also hoping he'd play big, which he has.