PDA

View Full Version : Can we please put this to rest?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 07:20 PM
OK...this board is getting pretty unbearable for me. Really. We all have our opinions on Cutler, Shanny and McDaniels, but the whole thing has been beat to death.

Shanahan was a great coach. In my opinion, he could have coached in Denver til the end of time since he was the ket in getting Elway his rings. BUT his front office decisions, especially on thacqurining defensive players, was his downfall. As much as he helped make this team a winner...he contrivuted to maing it weak and vbulnerable on D. He shared some blame in our recent woes. I miss the hell out of him in some regards, but he is gone. It is what it is. It's time for us to move on as fans.

Cutler is an amazingly gifted QB, but he was far from perfect. I loved rooting for him. I did. His swagger and indifference was fun to root for and he was exciting to watch. Not as exciting was his regular fumbling and forcing the ball to BM in triple coverage like he saw it as a challenge. He could have been great in Denver for a long time. Our record sucked with him at QB, but it was not his fault, necessarily. The D was terrible. But he, and other parts of the O, deserve some blame as well. Redzone turnovers and miscues killed us. Awful turnovers vs bad teams hurt us as well. Still, talentwise, I will miss him too, but this whole offseason crying game turned me off of the guy. At first I was in his corner. Until I heard of his own trade demands even BEFORE McD tried to get Cassell. Then it was ugly on both sides. McD played the bully role and Cutler became a child. That interview at the UFC event when he said he never thought it would get this far was the end for me. Again, I'll miss the talent, but the team is bigger than the player.

McDaniels...what can I say about this dude? He's made things interesting. I haven't agreed with al of it, but he is nopw the man in charge. Part of me understands his familiarity w/ Cassell and his desire to acquire a player who knows his system. The other part of me thinks..."Matt Cassell? really?" But whatever. That passed. He handled Cutler very poorly, but Cutler also earned his own blame. McD was taught by a man who noone really likes (Bellichick), but is respected by most for his ability to fixate on what he feels needs to be done to win. McD could have handled Cutler's anxiety w/ kid gloves, but that isn't what he's about. Part of me thinks that was too much too soon. The other part thinks that he's the coach and Cutler needs to be a bit more thick skinned.

The trade...Aside from the opinion that NEITHER SIDE should have let it get that far, I think we got a VERY good deal from Chicago. 2 #1s (regardless of how we end up using them) a #3 and a pretty solid QB is very good compensation for someone everyone knew was getting dealt. Sucks that it had to happen, but I think we did OK there.

Free agency...Changes needed to be made. Even if you don't like the names brought in, the mentality is now different. So is the scheme. IMHO, any change will be an improvement over last year. A bunch of pieces that resemble cagey vets who jorney to NE. Dawkins, Davis, Fields and Reid can help change the mentality of the D. The DBs are vets who can fill in while the youth develops. I'm not gonna say I didn't scratch my head on some, but I also liked some of the additions...and releases.

The draft...I believe that McDaniels has a plan. I think he has a blueprint that consists of a bunch of what happened in NE and some of his own expanded views. I also think he's a bit arrogant. I love the fact that he knows we had a bunch of picks and the first one didn't HAVE to be on defense if the right guy was there. I like the positions that he filled. Looking at the roster, maybe the front 7 has enough players. I mean, we love Wes and Larsen. DJ is proven and Andra Davis can play in a 3-4...and very well. Doom is intriguing and Boss looked solid in the 3-4 last year. If nothing else, we have plenty of bodies on the DLine. We added some 3-4 specific pieces to go w/ Peterson, Crowder, Thomas and Powell. So I am ok w/ the 3 DSs, WR and OLinemen. I can even agree w/ the TE as our redzone O lacked a toughness and ability to pound the rock. W/ Moreno and another blocking TE to go w/ Graham, I think we'll see the endzone a lot more. I don't like, however, HOW we got these guys. Alphonso Smith could have been had w/ later picks this weeknd or next year. Sorry. he could have. Some will say I can't know or sure, but I'm goin w/ history folks. He could have. If McD doesn't wanna pay for 4 #1s in 2 years, I get that. I just think a better trade could have been made. Overall, I'm pleased w/ the draft, but dude does make me question some of his decisions.

All that being said....Mc D is our coach now. I don't worship at his feet and I will not apologize for all he does/has done. He clearly has made some questionable moves. But I trust the system he comes from and have seen what he did for Brady and Cassell. He can be successful here. Orton can win. he has a great receiving corps, a great oline and now the stud tailback we've been coveting. We need the D to improve. But we also needed that w/ Jay here. We can win w/ this offense, this QB and w/ this coach. At least I believe we can.

My only request is...can we please get back to being civil to eachother? The constant bickering is making this board an awful place to be. Some like McD, some hate him. Some are cautiously optimistic, some are homers. Some are haters and others are still confused. It is what it is. Opinions aside, Cutty is gone. So is Shanny. McD is the coach and Orton is the QB. I think it's time to move on. There is no sense in continually bashing one another for things that we can't control.

claymore
04-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Its an emotional time with all thats went on. But your a 100% right. I doubt anyone here would talk to each other that way at a bar or tailgate.

dogfish
04-26-2009, 07:23 PM
screw you, buddy!

:heh:

heh. . . . just kiddin'. . . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Its an emotional time with all thats went on. But your a 100% right. I doubt anyone here would talk to each other that way at a bar or tailgate.

Exactly...aren't these the peple we wanna meet and tailgate with when Denver travels to your cities? Why get this offensive to a bunch of folks when the same thing brought us all to this board.

threefolddead
04-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Amen man. I am sick of people ripping on each other when these kids haven't even hit the practice field. It's not the end of the world. The sun is still shining. I promise.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 07:33 PM
That was a long post..but a good one.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 07:34 PM
I try to be civil to other members, it's Doogie and Pat Monfort that I love to abuse.......that rubs people the wrong way, I suppose, but at the moment, I have no intentions of ever putting any of this to rest.

The Broncos f'ed up bigtime and then insulted their fans intelligence by putting 100% of the blame for the entire mess on The Player.

If I offend anybody, I apologize, I am just thoroughly disappointed in this organization. If that makes me something less of a real fan, then so be it, I'll take that as a compliment.......

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Good post, but its never going to happen.

Too many hard headed know-it-all-my-opinion-is-best-and-you-know-nothing-about-anything-people on here.

Its the nature of the forums.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Link...Do you find it satisfactory to bash people who can give two rats assses if you are even a football fan or not? Just an honest question.

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 07:39 PM
An excellent post, Smilin'. Very excellent.

I try to be civil to other members, it's Doogie and Pat Monfort that I love to abuse.......that rubs people the wrong way, I suppose, but at the moment, I have no intentions of ever putting any of this to rest.

The Broncos f'ed up bigtime and then insulted their fans intelligence by putting 100% of the blame for the entire mess on The Player.

If I offend anybody, I apologize, I am just thoroughly disappointed in this organization. If that makes me something less of a real fan, then so be it, I'll take that as a compliment.......

I will never take anyone seriously, nor in my opinion do they deserve to be taken seriously, when they use stupid nicknames to try and make a point.

His name is Josh McDaniels. If you expect respect for your opinion, show respect for the subject.

Link...Do you find it satisfactory to bash people who can give two rats assses if you are even a football fan or not? Just an honest question.

He is allowed to say anything he wants about anyone as long as they don't post on this board.

honz
04-26-2009, 07:39 PM
That was a long post..but a good one.
Yep. I usually don't read essays on here, but this one kept my attention. A+

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 07:40 PM

Yes I would, but I can gaurantee you that my tone in discussion will not be misuderstood like it is on the internet.......

Tned
04-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Good post, but its never going to happen.

Too many hard headed know-it-all-my-opinion-is-best-and-you-know-nothing-about-anything-people on here.

Its the nature of the forums.

No, not really. There is a difference between people posting their opinions, and others slamming/flaming them for posting their opinions.

While it might be impossible for everyone to agree on every draft pick, every FA move, every other FO decision, there is no reason that the differences can't be discussed/debated without trying to ridicule people for having those 'opinions'.

This is a message board, which is a place for people to post opinions, not be attacked for posting opinions.

roomemp
04-26-2009, 07:44 PM
This is the post of the year. The forums went from an awesome place to talk about the Broncos to a place where trolls just talk nonsense.

broncophan
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
at the end of the day.............it is only a football team......even though it is our broncos.

I'm still glad crybaby Cutler is gone though....:D

deacon
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Whether we agree on all this is ok. If some want to slam McD and others want to slam Cutler that's what makes the world go around. But I agree with Mo, these silly nicknames are just stupid.

ikillz0mbies
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Very well said Smilin. Everything has been said and done. The draft is over, Cutler is in Chicago, and McDaniels is the coach. Granted, there are those that disagree with the decisions that has been made. This has been the most craziest off-season I've been apart of on this board (even though I haven't been here as long as most on here). This board was divided on the decisions the front office has made. There was (or are) the McDaniels haters and the Cutler haters, the draft pick supporters and critics. But lets not have the events of this off-season take away what we all are: Broncos fans.

Let's all live up to our titles as Broncos fans and cheer our team on with passion and emotion every single season, through thick and thin, and successes and failures.

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 07:55 PM
No, not really. There is a difference between people posting their opinions, and others slamming/flaming them for posting their opinions.

While it might be impossible for everyone to agree on every draft pick, every FA move, every other FO decision, there is no reason that the differences can't be discussed/debated without trying to ridicule people for having those 'opinions'.

This is a message board, which is a place for people to post opinions, not be attacked for posting opinions.

I know I'm "wrong" according to the mods and you, but I do wonder time and time again...how someone saying "McDick," or "McStupid" or "McWHATEVERSTUPID****INGNICKNAMEICANCOMEUPWITH," should be a respected opinion.

In my eyes, that's not an opinion, that's an attack in and of itself. :noidea:

horsepig
04-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Us trolls just can help up on the runout. Really.

Northman
04-26-2009, 08:01 PM
I fully endorse this thread.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 08:02 PM
I will never take anyone seriously, nor in my opinion do they deserve to be taken seriously, when they use stupid nicknames to try and make a point.

His name is Josh McDaniels. If you expect respect for your opinion, show respect for the subject.

So be it.

I use stupid nicknames for players and coaches I truly like and respect and dislike/respect, that will never change, if you can't get passed that then so be it........I don't much care if people respect my opinions or take me seriously, in fact, I think you'd be surprised by how little that actually matters. That's not what brings me to the discusion.

What people think of my opinion may actually matter less to me than what I think of other peoples opinions (Even if we disagree), not all of you, just some of you. I respect you, MB, and your opinions, but it's more about what I get out of the discussion than what you get. Likewise, if you can't get past my adolescent side long enough to get something out of my posts, then that is a You Problem, I'm not running for Office and I have nothing to gain.......

Tned
04-26-2009, 08:02 PM
I know I'm "wrong" according to the mods and you, but I do wonder time and time again...how someone saying "McDick," or "McStupid" or "McWHATEVERSTUPID****INGNICKNAMEICANCOMEUPWITH," should be a respected opinion.

I think the nicknames are stupid. People use them on Cutler, McDaniels, Bowlen, Shanahan, etc. It's not my cup of tea, but I'm sure you can see the difference between someone calling a public figure, McDaniels, McDummy, and one poster calling another poster an idiot, or telling them to shut up, or some other slam/flame.

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I think the nicknames are stupid. People use them on Cutler, McDaniels, Bowlen, Shanahan, etc. It's not my cup of tea, but I'm sure you can see the difference between someone calling a public figure, McDaniels, McDummy, and one poster calling another poster an idiot, or telling them to shut up, or some other slam/flame.

Once again, we disagree, and I know we do.

But if someone's post is "McDick doesn't know what he's doing."

IMO, there's nothing wrong with a response. Nothing at all. If I think that's idiotic (which it is) then I should be able to tell them that without being reprimanded. He did the same thing I did. The difference is, he posts on this forum and McDaniels doesn't. To me, that's a contradiction. Once again...why should I respect and give credence to such a childish opinion? And why am I punished for pointing it out and calling it what it is?

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Those who say they're busts before anything has happened and those who say we shouldn't discuss are pitching the same tent just in different camps. I don't even know why they bother coming here since the whole purpose of a forum is discussion and both positions reject it.

Ugh. You clearly don't get it.

Tned
04-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Once again, we disagree, and I know we do.

But if someone's post is "McDick doesn't know what he's doing."

IMO, there's nothing wrong with a response. Nothing at all. If I think that's idiotic (which it is) then I should be able to tell them that without being reprimanded. He did the same thing I did. The difference is, he posts on this forum and McDaniels doesn't. To me, that's a contradiction. Once again...why should I respect and give credence to such a childish opinion? And why am I punished for pointing it out and calling it what it is?

Because the rules don't allow attacking other people. Like in most aspects of life, public figures are open to FAR more scrutiny, ridicule and satire than is acceptable when talking to a friend, neighbor, teacher, fellow forum member, etc.

This is a pretty simple concept.

As I said, I find the names annoying, but they happen on all the forums. If you think you aren't in a tiny minority, start a Town Hall thread and lets see how others feel about it. While I don't support your right to call other posters idiots because you disagree with them (kind of what the spirit of this thread is saying we need to stop doing), but I will agree with you on the silly names. I'll be honest, I think you and I are in a majority about disliking the names, but I with you on that subject.

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Because the rules don't allow attacking other people.

Yup.

McDaniels = Robot.

omac
04-26-2009, 08:14 PM

I agree with your thinking. It's okay to criticize (or even harshly criticize) a player, a coach, or a regime; heck, people have been doing it here to Shanahan, Cutler, Plummer, Slowik, Bell, Sundquist, Foster, Browncos, etc. for years.

Some people take it personally when a poster takes a shot at a player or coach, and retaliate with a personal attack against the poster. Some try to push whatever insult they can at a player or coach to instigate trouble, though.

I guess it comes down to trying to treat people with some respect.

SR
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
I haven't seen so much of the people ripping on each other. Then again, most of those people that tend to, I embraced the ignore function for. I've had some pretty good, healthy debates with people over the past two days regarding Cutler, the draft, etc.

weazel
04-26-2009, 08:22 PM

you smug son of a bi... j/k man

Tned
04-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Yup.

McDaniels = Robot.

Geez MO, give me a break. Argue with someone else, I don't enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.

LoyalSoldier
04-26-2009, 08:26 PM

It ain't any better than Crybaby, baby, infant, Cut'n'run, or the many nick names Cutler has received.

Let's face it both sides have done their fair share of name calling.

weazel
04-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Geez MO, give me a break. Argue with someone else, I don't enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.

I'll take it from here Tned,
hey MO, my shoes are faster than your shoes!

Simple Jaded
I agree with your thinking. It's okay to criticize (or even harshly criticize) a player, a coach, or a regime; heck, people have been doing it here to Shanahan, Cutler, Plummer, Slowik, Bell, Sundquist, Foster, Browncos, etc. for years.

Some people take it personally when a poster takes a shot at a player or coach, and retaliate with a personal attack against the poster. Some try to push whatever insult they can at a player or coach to instigate trouble, though.

I guess it comes down to trying to treat people with some respect.

I'm as guilty as the next guy, I admit it, but I do try not to take it out on the poster.

I'm mean no disrespect to other members when I call The Head Coach Doogie, or The Owner Pat Monfort, if people find a way to be offended by that then I apologize, I'm about as un-PC as you can get, that's the furthest thing from my mind and those nicknames portray exactly what I think of those two people every single time I use them.

No offense intended, if nothing else, this thread provides a one-stop-shop for finding the ignore button.......

MOtorboat

With all due respect, it's not arguing for arguing's sake.

We're told we can't attack people. Yet...I have to sift through McDick, McAsshole, McWHATEVER day after day after day...

I'm sorry, but it seems like an utter contradiction to me.

weazel
04-26-2009, 08:29 PM
It ain't any better than Crybaby, baby, infant, Cut'n'run, or the many nick names Cutler has received.

Let's face it both sides have done their fair share of name calling.

I think thats what he's saying... I think its funny that this thread has turned into the very thing it was trying to get rid of!

jrelway
04-26-2009, 08:29 PM
mcdick mcdick mcdick mcick.. who gives a ****. im sure once we start winning games , the mcdicks will turn into mcdaniels. ppl are still pissed about the cutler situation and how the draft turned out. mugs swear mcdaniels is a friend or something. im sure he doesnt give a rats ass about any of us.

NameUsedBefore
04-26-2009, 08:32 PM
With all due respect, it's not arguing for arguing's sake.

We're told we can't attack people. Yet...I have to sift through McDick, McAsshole, McWHATEVER day after day after day...

I'm sorry, but it seems like an utter contradiction to me.

Do you know who "The Child" is referring to? I bet you do.

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 08:34 PM
This thread is now pointless.

IT doesn't help with posters egging each other on.

NUB, step away from this thread and talk some football..:beer:

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Do you know who "The Child" is referring to? I bet you do.

I only started doing that after WEEKS of McDick posts. If you can't go back and see that, I can't help you.

NameUsedBefore
04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
I only started doing that after WEEKS of McDick posts. If you can't go back and see that, I can't help you.

So those who just started calling McDaniels "McDick" are also in the clear?

LoyalSoldier
04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Sorry most of us don't go back to a month ago and look for your posts......

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 08:38 PM
So those who just started calling McDaniels "McDick" are also in the clear?

After months of it, apparently they are. I think it's wrong, but when in Rome...

NameUsedBefore
04-26-2009, 08:39 PM
After months of it, apparently they are. I think it's wrong, but when in Rome...

Are they wrong or not? I'm just trying to get a handle on when it's okay to start using childish names. For you it's okay cause you got started weeks late, but for others it isn't? Clear that up for me.

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Sorry most of us don't go back to a month ago and look for your posts......

LOL...good comeback...when was the McNicknames thread started? I think that was probably a few months ago...

Maybe that's why I'm referring to? :noidea:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
I think thats what he's saying... I think its funny that this thread has turned into the very thing it was trying to get rid of!

SURPRISE - SURPRISE :tsk: What a shame - it started out a great thread, with many great points in it.

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Are they wrong or not? I'm just trying to get a handle on when it's okay to start using childish names. For you it's okay cause you got started weeks late, but for others it isn't? Clear that up for me.

You're grabbing at straws.

It's stupid, it's childish. But since everyone else doing it, when in Rome, no? I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

I thought you were intelligent, I guess not.

LoyalSoldier
04-26-2009, 08:41 PM
LOL...good comeback...when was the McNicknames thread started? I think that was probably a few months ago...

Maybe that's why I'm referring to? :noidea:

I never bothered to look in that thread if it makes you feel any better.

It's stupid, it's childish. But since everyone else doing it, when in Rome, no? I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

If you want to play the role of the "bigger man" then you especially need to do it when the whole world has gone stupid.

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I never bothered to look in that thread if it makes you feel any better.

Good for you, then you are not one of the people I am referring to...:noidea:

NameUsedBefore
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM

So you admit you're stupid, childish and a lemming?

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 08:44 PM
So you admit you're stupid, childish and a lemming?

Seriously, WTF is your problem?

NameUsedBefore
04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
I just can't help myself. If someone digs a grave I'm apt to push them in. It's in my nature.

Tned
04-26-2009, 08:46 PM
OK...this board is getting pretty unbearable for me. Really. We all have our opinions on Cutler, Shanny and McDaniels, but the whole thing has been beat to death.

Shanahan was a great coach. In my opinion, he could have coached in Denver til the end of time since he was the ket in getting Elway his rings. BUT his front office decisions, especially on thacqurining defensive players, was his downfall. As much as he helped make this team a winner...he contrivuted to maing it weak and vbulnerable on D. He shared some blame in our recent woes. I miss the hell out of him in some regards, but he is gone. It is what it is. It's time for us to move on as fans.

Cutler is an amazingly gifted QB, but he was far from perfect. I loved rooting for him. I did. His swagger and indifference was fun to root for and he was exciting to watch. Not as exciting was his regular fumbling and forcing the ball to BM in triple coverage like he saw it as a challenge. He could have been great in Denver for a long time. Our record sucked with him at QB, but it was not his fault, necessarily. The D was terrible. But he, and other parts of the O, deserve some blame as well. Redzone turnovers and miscues killed us. Awful turnovers vs bad teams hurt us as well. Still, talentwise, I will miss him too, but this whole offseason crying game turned me off of the guy. At first I was in his corner. Until I heard of his own trade demands even BEFORE McD tried to get Cassell. Then it was ugly on both sides. McD played the bully role and Cutler became a child. That interview at the UFC event when he said he never thought it would get this far was the end for me. Again, I'll miss the talent, but the team is bigger than the player.

McDaniels...what can I say about this dude? He's made things interesting. I haven't agreed with al of it, but he is nopw the man in charge. Part of me understands his familiarity w/ Cassell and his desire to acquire a player who knows his system. The other part of me thinks..."Matt Cassell? really?" But whatever. That passed. He handled Cutler very poorly, but Cutler also earned his own blame. McD was taught by a man who noone really likes (Bellichick), but is respected by most for his ability to fixate on what he feels needs to be done to win. McD could have handled Cutler's anxiety w/ kid gloves, but that isn't what he's about. Part of me thinks that was too much too soon. The other part thinks that he's the coach and Cutler needs to be a bit more thick skinned.

The trade...Aside from the opinion that NEITHER SIDE should have let it get that far, I think we got a VERY good deal from Chicago. 2 #1s (regardless of how we end up using them) a #3 and a pretty solid QB is very good compensation for someone everyone knew was getting dealt. Sucks that it had to happen, but I think we did OK there.

Free agency...Changes needed to be made. Even if you don't like the names brought in, the mentality is now different. So is the scheme. IMHO, any change will be an improvement over last year. A bunch of pieces that resemble cagey vets who jorney to NE. Dawkins, Davis, Fields and Reid can help change the mentality of the D. The DBs are vets who can fill in while the youth develops. I'm not gonna say I didn't scratch my head on some, but I also liked some of the additions...and releases.

The draft...I believe that McDaniels has a plan. I think he has a blueprint that consists of a bunch of what happened in NE and some of his own expanded views. I also think he's a bit arrogant. I love the fact that he knows we had a bunch of picks and the first one didn't HAVE to be on defense if the right guy was there. I like the positions that he filled. Looking at the roster, maybe the front 7 has enough players. I mean, we love Wes and Larsen. DJ is proven and Andra Davis can play in a 3-4...and very well. Doom is intriguing and Boss looked solid in the 3-4 last year. If nothing else, we have plenty of bodies on the DLine. We added some 3-4 specific pieces to go w/ Peterson, Crowder, Thomas and Powell. So I am ok w/ the 3 DSs, WR and OLinemen. I can even agree w/ the TE as our redzone O lacked a toughness and ability to pound the rock. W/ Moreno and another blocking TE to go w/ Graham, I think we'll see the endzone a lot more. I don't like, however, HOW we got these guys. Alphonso Smith could have been had w/ later picks this weeknd or next year. Sorry. he could have. Some will say I can't know or sure, but I'm goin w/ history folks. He could have. If McD doesn't wanna pay for 4 #1s in 2 years, I get that. I just think a better trade could have been made. Overall, I'm pleased w/ the draft, but dude does make me question some of his decisions.

All that being said....Mc D is our coach now. I don't worship at his feet and I will not apologize for all he does/has done. He clearly has made some questionable moves. But I trust the system he comes from and have seen what he did for Brady and Cassell. He can be successful here. Orton can win. he has a great receiving corps, a great oline and now the stud tailback we've been coveting. We need the D to improve. But we also needed that w/ Jay here. We can win w/ this offense, this QB and w/ this coach. At least I believe we can.

My only request is...can we please get back to being civil to eachother? The constant bickering is making this board an awful place to be. Some like McD, some hate him. Some are cautiously optimistic, some are homers. Some are haters and others are still confused. It is what it is. Opinions aside, Cutty is gone. So is Shanny. McD is the coach and Orton is the QB. I think it's time to move on. There is no sense in continually bashing one another for things that we can't control.

Just to remind people what this thread was about.

Slick
04-26-2009, 08:51 PM
First, nice post Smilin'.

Second, some of y'all take this stuff way too seriously.

Who cares if Link uses a nickname? I think it's funny and doesn't bother me in the least. I think he's spot on actually and it just seems to rub some the wrong way.

NUB, stop trying to make sense out of this. I'm still grinning about the argument you had about 1-32 being greater than 37.

From time to time I read a post and think to myself WTF?!?!?! It's amazingly easy to move on instead of making a BFD about it.

NameUsedBefore
04-26-2009, 08:55 PM
First, nice post Smilin'.

Second, some of y'all take this stuff way too seriously.

Who cares if Link uses a nickname? I think it's funny and doesn't bother me in the least. I think he's spot on actually and it just seems to rub some the wrong way.

NUB, stop trying to make sense out of this. I'm still grinning about the argument you had about 1-32 being greater than 37.

From time to time I read a post and think to myself WTF?!?!?! It's amazingly easy to move on instead of making a BFD about it.

For you Slick. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF0S2AjHdl4)

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
SURPRISE - SURPRISE :tsk: What a shame - it started out a great thread, with many great points in it.

Oh the irony...:laugh:

I never thought some posters were allowed to egg on others?

One needs to stop the egging, the other needs to ignore. :cool:

Hawgdriver
04-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Great post Smilin.

95% of folks feel the same. Some folks are wounded and won't let it go until the tears have dried. I would prefer they bring something positive to the table. There is so much to be excited about right now, and it's time to move on to providing useful commentary instead of bitter dissent.

omac
04-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm as guilty as the next guy, I admit it, but I do try not to take it out on the poster.

I'm mean no disrespect to other members when I call The Head Coach Doogie, or The Owner Pat Monfort, if people find a way to be offended by that then I apologize, I'm about as un-PC as you can get, that's the furthest thing from my mind and those nicknames portray exactly what I think of those two people every single time I use them.

No offense intended, if nothing else, this thread provides a one-stop-shop for finding the ignore button.......

And that's really the bottom line. It should be okay to criticize players or management, but it isn't to attack posters. :cheers:

I've stopped giving McDaniels a nickname, but for quite the opposite reasons. I don't think he deserves a nickname with some of the moves he's made. I'll start calling him Doogie again if he becomes worthy of the Neil Patrick Harris character. :D

TXBRONC
04-26-2009, 10:17 PM
And that's really the bottom line. It should be okay to criticize players or management, but it isn't to attack posters. :cheers:

I've stopped giving McDaniels a nickname, but for quite the opposite reasons. I don't think he deserves a nickname with some of the moves he's made. I'll start calling him Doogie again if he becomes worthy of the Neil Patrick Harris character. :D

I've never really been into calling players or coaches names.

Tned
04-26-2009, 10:19 PM

This very simply describes what is and isn't ok.

omac
04-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Great post Smilin.

95% of folks feel the same. Some folks are wounded and won't let it go until the tears have dried. I would prefer they bring something positive to the table. There is so much to be excited about right now, and it's time to move on to providing useful commentary instead of bitter dissent.

See that's the thing. Smilin' wants the personal attacks to stop, and that's a good thing.

Some people, though, translate criticism of the franchise's current moves into bitter dissent. This is a forum; it should be okay to voice different opinions, or else, why even bother having a forum?

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 10:35 PM
See that's the thing. Smilin' wants the personal attacks to stop, and that's a good thing.

Some people, though, translate criticism of the franchise's current moves into bitter dissent. This is a forum; it should be okay to voice different opinions, or else, why even bother having a forum?

some would like to come to a place and only see happy happy joy joy comments about the team. But being a fan doesn't mean always going along and simply 'accepting' what is being done.

Hell... our entire country was built on people that didnt' like what the leaders were doing and didn't want to pay taxes. Why the hell should I simply bow my head and accept what our front office is doing when I don't like it???

MasterShake
04-26-2009, 10:47 PM
There's only one thing thats going to begin to heal the wounds of this offseason for me, and thats September 13 at Cincinnati.

We'll see how good/bad I still feel officially by January 3rd against Kansas City. Hopefully we will be resting our starters for a wild card round or a week off for the divisional round.

Pain + Time= Healing, but the offseason=forever. I'd like it all to be rainbows and sunshine until then, but I'm crabby with even with a good season behind me during the months without football! :lol: And we haven't had a good season in a while. I'm adjusting to the change. Its exciting and nauseating all at once, like making sweet love on a water bed.

I'm gonna kill time with cool summer movies like Terminator, BBQs with friends, and enjoying my baby boy who's first season is just right around the corner.

We may not always see eye to eye as fans, but I know I will see you all next season cheering on the Broncos.

This crisis will not tear us apart, we are only voicing opinions good or bad because we care about this team. If we didn't, we wouldn't bother signing up for forums like this and buying jerseys of players who are no longer here (dammit Cutler! :mad: :lol:)

Before you know it, frost will be on the grass and the cold autumn air will fill our lungs as we cheer on our beloved franchise. The sky will open up in a choir of angels, and the chilly blue sky will give way to a warm orange sunset over Invesco Field. Good or bad, I will be there either in person or screaming at my t.v. while eating things that clog my arteries and drinking things that kill my brain cells.

That day is coming sooner than we think. In the meantime, drinks are on me! :beer:

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 10:48 PM
some would like to come to a place and only see happy happy joy joy comments about the team. But being a fan doesn't mean always going along and simply 'accepting' what is being done.

Hell... our entire country was built on people that didnt' like what the leaders were doing and didn't want to pay taxes. Why the hell should I simply bow my head and accept what our front office is doing when I don't like it???

Works both ways.

A lot of people didn't like Cutler from day one..never have never will. He is gone, we are happy. Its happy happy joy joy for him being gone. Why should I simply bow my head to the VAST MAJORITY hacks that said he was a franchise QB and was GREAT? That was a positive in my book because I felt he wasnt' fit to be a franchise QB, we wasted 3 years with him here, and he never improved.

Did I want some DL players and OLB in the draft? Sure...do I NOW understand why we didn't? SURE. Its pretty simple. You always complain about value..well in the FO's opinion, they didn't see any value in drafting those types of players at the time.

atwater27
04-26-2009, 11:16 PM

Right on buddy. I will try to change my ways.

MasterShake
04-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Right on buddy. I will try to change my ways.

No just yet. Get it all out or you'll get an ulcer.

deacon
04-27-2009, 12:10 AM

I take no offense at you using those names. I just think it's childish. You can get your point across without it.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2009, 03:42 AM
I take no offense at you using those names. I just think it's childish. You can get your point across without it.

Personal choice, I'll make the point and leave the rest up to you.......

Dreadnought
04-27-2009, 06:01 AM
Superb Post Smilin'. I disagree with good portions of your assessment of the team, but that's kind of the point, ain't it? Debating these issues is the whole point of having a Board, and I think most anyone who takes the time to sign up and post regularly is likely an opinionionated SOB almost by definition. Being pissed off at your team and having your own views on what direction they ought to be headed is always going the default for fans of at least 31 NFL teams, and likely there are even a few eccentric Steeler fans pissed over something. because that's human nature.

I haven't posted a ton in the football section for the past couple of months, because there is only so many ways I can express how pissed off I am before I start beating a dead horse. Eventually events will make fools of many if not most of us anyway. In 2004 I was furious that we signed Jake Plummer, and thought I could never again be as angry with the Broncos as I was then (I was wrong.) In 2005 I was convinced I had missed the boat totally on that one. By @ 6 weeks into 2006 I was wishing we could bring back Brian Griese :lol: Again, its the nature of fandom

LRtagger
04-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Great post SAS. I'm so tired of every thread turning into a Cutler vs. McDaniels bitchfest. Let's all just move on and enjoy rooting for our team again in 09.

I don't care who the coach is or who the players are...I can't wait for camp and the season to start!

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2009, 01:50 PM
well...that didn't quite work, now did it?

TXBRONC
04-27-2009, 01:52 PM

Well you tried. :salute:

topscribe
04-27-2009, 01:54 PM

Oh, I already have.

Please send my flowers to room 317B at the county medical center . . .

-----

Tned
04-27-2009, 02:06 PM

Just thought it worth bumping one more time, because people still don't 'get it'.

Nomad
04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
An excellent post, Smilin'. Very excellent.

He is allowed to say anything he wants about anyone as long as they don't post on this board.

I 100% agree with you there! I would say the same for Cutler and Shanahan!!

:salute:Spread the word Smilin! I'd tailgate with you and many here (some I wouldn't) anyday and I'll buy the drinks.

Northman
04-27-2009, 02:19 PM

I think you caused more problems than you solved. :lol:

Tned
04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
I think you caused more problems than you solved. :lol:

Yea, it's always ironic when the "let's stop flaming each other" thread turns into a flame fest.

Thnikkaman
04-27-2009, 02:28 PM
How about this. Distinguish between what is a Knee-Jerk reaction, and what is an honest well thought out opinion. I know its hard, but I believe you can do it.

Dortoh
04-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Sometimes it is hard for me to remain civil knowing that my opinon is always correct.