PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos ready to start digesting Peyton Manning's tutorial

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Welcome, Broncos offensive coaches, to a new era of boss-man humility.

Peyton Manning will lead the Broncos into conditioning workouts and meetings today for the first time since the only four-time MVP in NFL history was signed to be their new starting quarterback.

And no one inside the team's Dove Valley headquarters may have to make a bigger adjustment than offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and quarterbacks coach Adam Gase.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20404850/denver-broncos-ready-start-digesting-peyton-mannings-tutorial

silkamilkamonico
04-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I just pray McCoy stays out of Peyton's way. The guy knows what hes doing...let him work.

Nomad
04-16-2012, 12:07 PM
I just pray McCoy stays out of Peyton's way. The guy knows what hes doing...let him work.

I'm sure Elway has told McCoy to enjoy his free paycheck and standby, just in case Manning gets rattled, also have Hanie and Weber ready:lol:

bcbronc
04-16-2012, 07:35 PM
So first McCoy let's tebow draw up the offense now he's letting Manning. And this makes him a hot headcoach candidate? Pretty sweet gig I guess.

turftoad
04-16-2012, 08:57 PM
So first McCoy let's tebow draw up the offense now he's letting Manning. And this makes him a hot headcoach candidate? Pretty sweet gig I guess.
I'm pretty sure McCoy drew up the offense for Tebow, not the other way around. There is a huge diff between Tebow and Manning.

bcbronc
04-16-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm pretty sure McCoy drew up the offense for Tebow, not the other way around. There is a huge diff between Tebow and Manning.

I'm pretty sure McCoy is on record saying he didn't know much about the option offense and used Tebow as a resource. Don't get me wrong, I give McCoy full credit for being flexible enough to play to the strengths of his players. It is kinda funny though.

Broncos Mtnman
04-17-2012, 12:59 AM
All McCoy needs to know is how much ice to put in Peyton's Gatoraid and stay out of the way.

:coffee:

Canmore
04-19-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm pretty sure McCoy is on record saying he didn't know much about the option offense and used Tebow as a resource. Don't get me wrong, I give McCoy full credit for being flexible enough to play to the strengths of his players. It is kinda funny though.

Yes, I remember that quote. Tebow did a lot of the teaching of the zone read and assorted "options". Give McCoy and Fox credit for playing to Tebow's strengths. Real evidence of how flexible they are.