PDA

View Full Version : moss offered for a 7th rounder!!

broken12
04-26-2009, 05:26 PM
got this off the mane they reported on nfl radio of sirius that broncos offered up moss for a 7th round pick wow!!! and no takers...i guess denver was looking at adding some depth at cb and safety with another pick in the seventh round...

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
LMAO

Wow.

It's already noted as an epic fail from the Goodman's.

EDIT: Nevermind. Sadly, I just now got the sarcasm of your thread.

SR
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Don't give up on Jarvis Moss yet. He's a pass rushing DE, and a small one at that. He might shine in a 3-4.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:30 PM
I doubt he will make the team...Watch the Raiders pick him up.

Northman
got this off the mane they reported on nfl radio of sirius that broncos offered up moss for a 7th round pick wow!!! and no takers...i guess denver was looking at adding some depth at cb and safety with another pick in the seventh round...

Sweet. My wife and i are dying in laughter right now. Im in disbelief. Its going to be a interesting season. Just win baby, thats all you were brought in to do.

shank
i don't think i buy that. as worthless as i think moss is, he was basically a consensus 1st round pick just 2 years ago, and even in his limited play has shown enough ability to warrant a 7th rounder...

broken12
04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
well i thought the reason not drafting dlinemen was becuase maybe these past draft picks were doing well in offseason with new coach but after this wow....i mean to not pick up some depth at dline and lb then to offer and trade away some of the depth you have on the roster is puzzling to me!

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:32 PM
broken..What Dlinemen were available (and worth picking) at 12? Ayers? We got him...Everette Brown? We had a few opportunities to get him, but didn't want him..

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2009, 05:32 PM
i don't think i buy that. as worthless as i think moss is, he was basically a consensus 1st round pick just 2 years ago, and even in his limited play has shown enough ability to warrant a 7th rounder...

I'm sure it was sarcasm.

The "adding depth to CB or S" is a sure give away, considering we spent almost 30% of our draft at those 2 positions already.

broken12
04-26-2009, 05:33 PM
im not just talking at twelve...i'm talking the draft in its entirety....we did not add any depth on our biggest need...

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:36 PM
im not just talking at twelve...i'm talking the draft in its entirety....we did not add any depth on our biggest need...

Rebuilding process does not happen in one year bro...It takes a few..Our Defensive coaches obviously thought the talent available did not warrent a gamble. That's what the whole draft is...A gamble.

broken12
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
to rebuild a dline you gotta get dline.....your right it doesnt happen in one year...it wont happen in two either, you gotta start somewere and denver hasnt started building it yet!!

Northman
04-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Rebuilding process does not happen in one year bro...It takes a few..Our Defensive coaches obviously thought the talent available did not warrent a gamble. That's what the whole draft is...A gamble.

He wasnt brought in to rebuild. He was brought in to win now.

shank
04-26-2009, 05:40 PM
to rebuild a dline you gotta get dline.....your right it doesnt happen in one year...it wont happen in two either, you gotta start somewere and denver hasnt started building it yet!!

ayers will move around, but will spend a lot of time with his hand on the ground. if he works out, 1/3 of our new d-line is now in place. i have faith that marcus thomas will be a significant contributor at NT or DE as well.

i'm a little irked taht we didn't get any NT prospects, but maybe we have faith in fields, thomas, or possibly powell? maybe we'll get chris baker as an UDFA.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:40 PM
He was brought in to win now? He can try, but its not like he inherited a SB winning team like Tomlin did...Or a continuous playoff contender like SD and Norv....Come on Northman, you know better than that.

Italianmobstr7
04-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Apparently this is not sarcasm. We really are shopping him for a 7th rounder...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/26/broncos-declaring-defeat-on-jarvis-moss/

The Jarvis Moss experiment is over.

According to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, the Broncos are shopping the 17th overall pick in the 2007 draft for a mere seventh-round draft pick.

Moss has only 3.5 sacks in two seasons.

Northman
04-26-2009, 05:46 PM
He was brought in to win now? He can try, but its not like he inherited a SB winning team like Tomlin did...Or a continuous playoff contender like SD and Norv....Come on Northman, you know better than that.

Sorry Ben. Shanahan was already rebuilding. We had the offense in place and really only lacked a legit running threat and a better pass rush. So McD managed to piss off the drama Queen so much to the point that he wanted out of town. Ok, fine. He got some good picks for the Queen. However, Denver Bronco history has tought us the last 5 years that there is a serious problem in ONE particular area on this team. DLINE. Blame Slowik, Bates, whoever you want but at the end of the day the players on the Dline were not getting it done. And how ironic that the way that McD drafted was very similiar to how Shanahan drafted which still ignored the one area of concern. You can bring in the best D-cordinator in the game but without the talent in those positions it will do you no good.

silkamilkamonico
Maybe it was just the "looking to add depth at CB or S" comment that was sarcasm.

Northman
Apparently this is not sarcasm. We really are shopping him for a 7th rounder...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/26/broncos-declaring-defeat-on-jarvis-moss/

The Jarvis Moss experiment is over.

According to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, the Broncos are shopping the 17th overall pick in the 2007 draft for a mere seventh-round draft pick.

Moss has only 3.5 sacks in two seasons.

I thought i just read he is a beast though and would be great in a 3-4?

Italianmobstr7
04-26-2009, 05:48 PM

You didn't hear that from me...

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 05:49 PM

That spots saved for Doom!

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Sorry Ben. Shanahan was already rebuilding. We had the offense in place and really only lacked a legit running threat and a better pass rush. So McD managed to piss off the drama Queen so much to the point that he wanted out of town. Ok, fine. He got some good picks for the Queen. However, Denver Bronco history has tought us the last 5 years that there is a serious problem in ONE particular area on this team. DLINE. Blame Slowik, Bates, whoever you want but at the end of the day the players on the Dline were not getting it done. And how ironic that the way that McD drafted was very similiar to how Shanahan drafted which still ignored the one area of concern. You can bring in the best D-cordinator in the game but without the talent in those positions it will do you no good.

This is a place to express your feelings and opinions about football, not to try and call other people out...I will respect your opinion, wait and see how things pan out..I know I am man enough to say I'm wrong later, if McDanny boy crashes and burns after a season or two.

DenBronx
04-26-2009, 05:51 PM
i wouldnt do it. why not just give him one more year then cut him if he doesnt work out in the new scheme. we payed way too much for him to only get a 7th...basically the same as an udfa at this point.

2Fity@The303
04-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks again, Jim Bates. ouch.

dogfish
04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
we have so much depth in the front seven now, no room for him. . . .

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Another brilliant Shanahan/Goodman pick.

:rolleyes:

DenBronx
04-26-2009, 05:56 PM
we have so much depth in the front seven now, no room for him. . . .

yeah? like who? boy we really knocked it out the park on addressing the front 7 in the draft. :rolleyes:

spikerman
04-26-2009, 05:57 PM
i don't think i buy that. as worthless as i think moss is, he was basically a consensus 1st round pick just 2 years ago, and even in his limited play has shown enough ability to warrant a 7th rounder...ummmmm when?

Bill Devaroe
04-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Moss, Shef, and Simms for Lemon!

spikerman
04-26-2009, 05:58 PM
yeah? like who? boy we really knocked it out the park on addressing the front 7 in the draft. :rolleyes:

That was sarcasm. Well placed sarcasm I might add.

GEM
04-26-2009, 05:59 PM
He wasnt brought in to rebuild. He was brought in to win now.

:laugh: If an owner or anyone else is fooling themselves with this line of thinking...I'm sorry you are either naive or just not very smart. No way after firing Shanahan and all the Defense coaches are we winning anything now....I don't care who you bring in. It's just not going to happen....especially not having anyone but Champ Bailey on that defense.

Rebuilding...look it up.

atwater27
04-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Another brilliant Shanahan/Goodman pick.

:rolleyes:

Oh. get used to those kind of picks. We didn't miss a beat even without Shanny and Goodmans.

DenBronx
04-26-2009, 06:01 PM
:laugh: If an owner or anyone else is fooling themselves with this line of thinking...I'm sorry you are either naive or just not very smart. No way after firing Shanahan and all the Defense coaches are we winning anything now....I don't care who you bring in. It's just not going to happen....especially not having anyone but Champ Bailey on that defense.

Rebuilding...look it up.

you remind me of an orange julius.

honz
04-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Oh. get used to those kind of picks. We didn't miss a beat even without Shanny and Goodmans.

You have a crystal ball, too?

atwater27
04-26-2009, 06:05 PM
You have a crystal ball, too?

Yes, I do. It's the one that shows Denver lining up to play defense next season with 8 defensive backs, 2 linebackers and a defensive end.

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM

Hey, can you PM me the next weeks Powerball numbers also?

honz
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
What happened to Fields, Powell, Thomas, Clemons, Ayers, Davis, DJ, Woodyard, Larsen, Boss, Doom, Peterson, etc?

claymore
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I cant believe McD would trade Moss for a 7th. Its worth more to us to have him camp and see what he can do.

dogfish
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
What happened to Fields, Powell, Thomas, Clemons, Davis, DJ, Woodyard, Larsen, Boss, Doom, Peterson, etc?

nothing, that's the problem. . . . :laugh:

spikerman
04-26-2009, 06:25 PM

Rebuilding...look it up.
Rebuilding is understandable, but can anyone look at this objectively and say that this is a better team now than the day Shanahan was fired? The team wasn't very good then, but at least there were a few bright spots. Right now I'm having trouble seeing any part of this team that looks formidable.

DenBronx
04-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I cant believe McD would trade Moss for a 7th. Its worth more to us to have him camp and see what he can do.

at this point we have no choice. moss needs to try out OLB before we give up on him. let him battle it out through camp then just boot his ass if he cant hack it.

claymore
04-26-2009, 07:01 PM
at this point we have no choice. moss needs to try out OLB before we give up on him. let him battle it out through camp then just boot his ass if he cant hack it.

I agree a 100%. Unless there is a huge roster bonus or something due.

spikerman
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm guessing that the coaching staff was not impressed by what they saw in the minicamp and don't hold out much hope of him making the roster.

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Maybe since we drafter Ayers and there was sooooooooo much speculation and rumors floating around before the draft that we were going to pick a lot of DL and OLB's, he whinned and asked to be traded.

:coffee:

spikerman
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Maybe since we drafter Ayers and there was sooooooooo much speculation and rumors floating around before the draft that we were going to pick a lot of DL and OLB's, he whinned and asked to be traded.

:coffee: That's funny. If that guy had asked to be traded, McD would've helped him pack. The local semi-pro team here could use players.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM

I don't know.

I think the Broncos think they're SuperBowl contenders soon, there is no other explanation for the moves they've made time after time this off-season.

For example, you absolutely do not trade your future No1 pick for a 2nd round talent if you think you're going 4-12 to 8-8, the Broncos view themselves in the same light that the Panthers view themselves.

You don't bid on Brian Dawkins when there are better longterm assets out there. You don't overpay for Andre Goodman when there are younger, more talented yet more inexperienced CB's available.

Every single move in free agency lends itself to a limited window of opportunity. If it wasn't for trading a Franchise QB, I'd be more excited about the short-term prospects than the long-term.

The Broncos are overrating something, Themselves, Alphonso Smith/Free Agents or Both.......I think it's Both.......

NickelTG
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM

So it wouldn't be unrealistic to at least expect an 8-8 season?

GEM
04-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Rebuilding is understandable, but can anyone look at this objectively and say that this is a better team now than the day Shanahan was fired? The team wasn't very good then, but at least there were a few bright spots. Right now I'm having trouble seeing any part of this team that looks formidable.

Yep.....Slowiks gone.

bcbronc
04-26-2009, 11:49 PM
taken from the Denver Post article posted in the UDFA thread:

McDaniels said teams inquired about Scheffler and Jarvis Moss, the Broncos' first-round draft pick who may be expendable after the first-round selection of Ayers. But neither was dealt.

doesn't seem to fit with the premise of this thread. :dunno:

Hawgdriver
04-26-2009, 11:57 PM

At what point do you say 'we've seen what he can do.'? I say we're past that point. If they can tell he's a long shot to contribute by their evaluation of film, that's good enough for me.

I like these guys more and more and it's because they are aggressive and they are taking no prisoners. God I hope this translates to the score.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Yep.....Slowiks gone.

But so is Mike Shanahan, say what you want, he's a great Head Coach and a far more established designer of offenses than his replacement.

Imo, it's unfortunate to have to take a step down at HC to get rid of Slowik.......

Hawgdriver
04-27-2009, 12:14 AM
But so is Mike Shanahan, say what you want, he's a great Head Coach and a far more established designer of offenses than his replacement.

Imo, it's unfortunate to have to take a step down at HC to get rid of Slowik.......
We get it bro, but ever onward.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2009, 12:25 AM
We get it bro, but ever onward.

I was actually looking forward to the new regime before the 29th of February, before that Doogie really had my attention even though I prefered Ryan/Spaguolo/Schwartz.......not so much, anymore.......

Hawgdriver
04-27-2009, 12:35 AM
I was actually looking forward to the new regime before the 29th of February, before that Doogie really had my attention even though I prefered Ryan/Spaguolo/Schwartz.......not so much, anymore.......

it's been more the opposite for me. nothing better than a championship to bring peace to the motherland.

I don't see how the d-line is better either. For me, it's a leap of faith that the genius I see in their approach will translate into other things. You say, 'what fuggin genius dood?'

Well, I wrote a long post about it but decided not to post it after all. We'll just have to cool off and see where this mother goes.

GEM
04-27-2009, 07:50 AM

It's sad that Shanny let a friendship get in the way of doing his job.

Northman
04-27-2009, 08:20 AM
This is a place to express your feelings and opinions about football, not to try and call other people out...I will respect your opinion, wait and see how things pan out..I know I am man enough to say I'm wrong later, if McDanny boy crashes and burns after a season or two.

Who am i calling out? Did i not quote you as we were actually conversing on this topic?

Northman
04-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Rebuilding...look it up.

Boy, you missed that one by a mile. Pay attention better and you just might be able to keep up.

Northman
04-27-2009, 08:24 AM
So it wouldn't be unrealistic to at least expect an 8-8 season?

Evidently some individuals couldnt figure this part out. I wont point to any names. :lol: