PDA

View Full Version : Broncos bringing in QB prospects for NFL draft, including Cousins, Lindley

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Peyton Manning is for today.

But as Manning recently turned 36, the Broncos have to be prepared in case their new quarterback has a limited number of tomorrows.

The Broncos are bringing in quarterback draft prospects Kirk Cousins of Michigan State and San Diego State's Ryan Lindley for visits this week. A Broncos contingent also flew down to Arizona State last week to give a private workout of Brock Osweiler.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20403566/broncos-bringing-qb-prospects-nfl-draft-including-cousins

elsid13
04-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Yuck

Superchop 7
04-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I like Cousins.....he is a grade A leader......very smart.....not a great arm.....but solid in short to intermediate range. Cousins or Foles were my targets, solid resumes which is very important in this day and age as we do not have a developmental league. (why they dont have a 7 on 7 league is beyond me) Taking someone as raw as Osweiler is not going to work with NFL Europe gone. So these days resume is very important. When I set up my mock I did not want to spend a 1 or a 2 on backup QB.....but....if they do the kid is solid and a nice prospect. Foles has the better arm but no problem with Cousins.

Superchop 7
04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
and Cousins has been in a pro style offense which is a plus.

Northman
04-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Cousins or Foles were my targets, solid resumes which is very important in this day and age as we do not have a developmental league.

Tebow had a solid resume but it didnt automatically make him an elite passer.

silkamilkamonico
04-16-2012, 12:05 PM
I like Osweiler as a project with upside but I think he will be out of our range.

I am not a fan at all of any of these other QB's and would rather wait until next year. I see a very low ceiling for Foles, Cousins, Lindley and all these other QB's that are outside the top 4 or 5 and would rather just not waste our time.

Superchop 7
04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Tebow was not a great passer.....but.....the problem was Josh thinking he could turn him into one....it takes live bullets to become better, thinking some kid sitting on the bench not getting reps is going to make great strides is a farce. I want to know what a prospect is naturally capable of doing in the passing game, I want him to show the subtle nuances that only come from alot of experience behind center.

Superchop 7
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
We knew what we were getting with Tebows passing game......not much. But.....thats Josh's ego. As for not drafting a QB....well....Caleb Hanie makes it a must have item. (or get Vince Young and duct tape his mouth shut)

Slick
04-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I still don't see why we have to draft a QB this year. If someone gives me a good reason, I'll shut up about it.

Slick
04-16-2012, 12:51 PM
We knew what we were getting with Tebows passing game......not much. But.....thats Josh's ego. As for not drafting a QB....well....Caleb Hanie makes it a must have item. (or get Vince Young and duct tape his mouth shut)

Then why sign Hanie in the first place?

Superchop 7
04-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Then why sign Hanie in the first place?

IMO.....Manning likes 2 things in a backup...1....a guy that people will not get excited about.....2......a guy that can be an understudy and help him break down opponents. No threat and cerebral is the ticket.....talent need not apply.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-16-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't mind a 3rd or 4th for a qb, just hit paydirt with starters in the 1st & 2nd...