PDA

View Full Version : Negative opinions

Superchop 7
04-26-2009, 03:14 PM
For those of you that love McD, get out of my thread.

This thread is to find comments from people that reflect the pissed off fan.

I will begin with Walters Football comments
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

12. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
With Tyson Jackson and B.J. Raji off the board, the Broncos didn't have many options here. They took the best player available in Knowshon Moreno. Denver's defense will continue to be epically horrific, but once again, Denver didn't have much of a choice. (Pick Grade: A)

18. Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
I don't like this at all. Robert Ayers is a 1-year starter who wasn't nearly as productive as some of the other first-round prospects in this class. Ayers isn't a natural fit for the 3-4. Does he balloon up and play on the line? Do you play him at rush linebacker and get debacled in coverage? Then again, this pick was made by the same man who wanted a system quarterback over Jay Cutler. (Pick Grade: C)

37. Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
Alphonso Smith is an OK pick. I don't know what the Browns plan on doing with their defensive line. The reason for the F? Denver gave up a 2010 first-round pick! If it was Denver's choice and not Chicago's, the Seahawks could be picking in the top five next April. (Pick Grade: F)

48. Darcel McBath, FS, Texas Tech
I guess you can never have too many defensive backs, eh? The Broncos needed a free safety to take over for Brian Dawkins in a year or two, but I really have to wonder what they're going to do with their defensive line. (Pick Grade: B)

64. Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina
Yet another confusing move by Josh McDaniels, who moved up into this selection. You don't take a blocking tight end in the second round, especially when you have huge holes on your defensive line. It's amazing to me that some teams just don't understand the concept of positional value. I don't care if Quinn becomes a very good player; this selection deserves a Z- because blocking tight ends should never go over defensive linemen in Round 2. (Pick Grade: Z-)

114. David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame
Another defensive back, Josh? I like David Bruton, but it's very apparent that Josh McDaniels has absolutely no idea how to put an NFL team together. What are the Broncos going to do with their defensive line? (Pick Grade: C)

132. Seth Olsen, G, Iowa
Adding offensive line depth is never a bad idea. Reaching for prospects and ignoring the defensive line? That's another story. (Pick Grade: D)

141. Kenny McKinley, WR, South Carolina
Josh McDaniels is either really smart by finding these unknown players who are being considered reaches right now... or he'll be fired by Jan. 1, 2011. I'll lay -200 on the latter. (Pick Grade: D)

174. Tom Brandstater, QB, Fresno State
Josh McDaniels finds his developmental quarterback. I have no problem with this draft choice. (Pick Grade: B)

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
McDaniels is a d-bag. I still hate him for trading Cutler.

As for the draft, I HATE the Brandstater pick (especially giving up a 5th next year)....and Richard Quinn in the 2nd?? Are you effing kidding me?

Other than that, the draft was solid.

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2009, 03:17 PM
141. Kenny McKinley, WR, South Carolina
Josh McDaniels is either really smart by finding these unknown players who are being considered reaches right now... or he'll be fired by Jan. 1, 2011. I'll lay -200 on the latter. (Pick Grade: D)

Logical straight up proof that the idiot who wrote these comments doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

"Unknown"? Try some basic football research.

claymore
04-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Lmao

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 03:23 PM
It was TERRIBLE to move up and give up our first draft choice for Smith.. TERRIBLE. Next year when Seattle is laughing while having a tip 8 pick of ours, and we are STILL looking for a DL, people will look over at our 5'9" cb and wonder why he isn't playing NT.

Terrible... then taking our 3rds and trading them for a blocking TE.

So we trade our franchise QB for a 1st this, 1st next, and a third... and turn that into

1st, 2nd, and 5th (last pick in the fourth)... oh.. and Orton. Then turn around and GIVE away a fifth from next season for some back-up QB that won't make the team.

I'm sure the players themselves may be good (meaning Smith)...but the value isn't. Horrible value and horrible understanding of how to value such picks.

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 03:24 PM
This is a totally un manageable statement..

"For those of you that love McD, get out of my thread.
This thread is to find comments from people that reflect the pissed off fan."

You will never be able to control this and we would never edit some PRO HC comments out of it..

It is OK for you to pound all you want on the new HC.. But do not ask those that are PRO Broncos HC to stay out of your thread..

Because I'm sure many will pound back..

weazel
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I just wish Maurice Clarett would have been available in the 3rd!

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 03:46 PM
I love negativity threads!!! :laugh:

Ooops...sorry that statement is not negative enough.

Sorry.

Shazam!
04-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Every thread here lately is from the pissed off fan.

Stop whining like a chick.

Get over it.

Bozo Jr.
04-26-2009, 04:19 PM
I love McDaniels, and I really love how he stands his ground. My favorite team is the Broncos. Who's yours? :salute:

BroncoJoe
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
For those of you that love McD, get out of my thread.

eff you. I'll post where I want.

Will you be singing McDaniels' praise when we win the AFC West?

If so, turn in your fan card, and pick up a bandwagon fan card.

tia.

Thnikkaman
04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Be pissed about this draft in 4 years when we know how the players we picked are going to turn out. Being pissed about it right now is like being pissed that your 10 year old decided that he doesn't want to play little league any more so he can focus on doing something he likes.

Hawgdriver
04-26-2009, 04:57 PM
I just don't understand why he didn't draft 12 DTs that would never be able to sniff the field on game day. I just. don't. get. it. i'm very angry now and i'm going to punch myself.

Tned
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Be pissed about this draft in 4 years when we know how the players we picked are going to turn out. Being pissed about it right now is like being pissed that your 10 year old decided that he doesn't want to play little league any more so he can focus on doing something he likes.

I don't have kids, I can't really related to that analogy. ;)

shank
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I don't have kids, I can't really related to that analogy. ;)

lol, i couldn't connect the dots either T.

nevcraw
04-26-2009, 05:00 PM

tia.

so gay...

DenBronx
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Lmao

only clay can get 8 high 5's for saying lmao.

Tned
04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I love the way the draft brings us all together... :lol:

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Every thread here lately is from the pissed off fan.

Stop whining like Cutler.

Get over it.

*edited for accuracy*

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 05:13 PM
I just don't understand why he didn't draft 12 DTs that would never be able to sniff the field on game day. I just. don't. get. it. i'm very angry now and i'm going to punch myself.

Especially since we don't already have about 8 on the roster...we needed to get 4-5 more to "fill the void":laugh:

56crash
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
the picks are fine the pressing sucks !

Thnikkaman
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Sorry Tned. How about this. Getting mad at this is like getting mad at the new job you just got that you think you are going to hate in 4 years for factors that you cannot control.

That better?

atwater27
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM

tia.

Please tell me you don't think we will win the AFC West. If you do, I'll have Bozo Jr. lend you his clown nose.

Timmy!
04-26-2009, 05:30 PM
http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploads/2009/3/10/saupload_saupload_network12.jpg

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Happy happy joy joy

Slick
04-26-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm not pissed about any of the picks, but I'm more than slightly upset that we gave up one of our two firsts that we had for next year.

I didn't see much of the draft but I heard Eisen or Faulk say Denver had two first round picks for the first time in franchise history. I was excited to be in that situation two years in a row! I thought having the two firsts would give us so much more flexibility heading into next years draft.

I have zero expectations for this team heading into the season, but a sense of ease knowing that after we saw what we had in our coaches and some of the new players, we still had a couple first round picks to lean on for the future.

I'm sure the defense will be better because of Nolan's scheme as opposed to Slowick's, but I wonder if we ended up getting enough in return for Cutler. I'm not ready to rip anyone or turn in my fan card, but I'm feeling melancholy about where we stand today.

Dean
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I can't help but look at the last two years and say that we need a vastly improved defensive front seven. I don't understand that others can't see it.

Did the Broncos make an honest attempt to fix that today? I can't see that Ayers all by himself can accomplish that.

The decission was made numerous times to move up. Why not move up to take a nose tackle, another DE, or an OLB? Did the question of need some how get mutted?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 06:12 PM
smile

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Logical straight up proof that the idiot who wrote these comments doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

"Unknown"? Try some basic football research.

I felt as though I was reading my own diary.......

Slick
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
smile

I wonder if you'd be as happy if we didn't end up with a Volunteer...but thanks for cheering me up Smilin'. :beer:

shank
04-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Sorry Tned. How about this. Getting mad at this is like getting mad at the new job you just got that you think you are going to hate in 4 years for factors that you cannot control.

That better?

i don't have a job. :confused:

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 06:28 PM
I sold my Denver Broncos fancard on Ebay and bought stock in AIG.......

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
I felt as though I was reading my own diary.......

Really? Unfortunate to not be interested in the best conference in college football full of NFL minded coaches, NFL speed, NFL scheme, and see a guy like Kenny McKinley virtually dominate every single one of them throughout his tenure at South Carolina.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Really? Unfortunate to not be interested in the best conference in college football full of NFL minded coaches, NFL speed, NFL scheme, and see a guy like Kenny McKinley virtually dominate every single one of them throughout his tenure at South Carolina.

I meant his analysis as a whole, but McKinley is a better college player than Pro Prostect, imo, he's a frail Slot Receiver who will have a hard time getting off the LOS. He is far from a household name.

I guess one man's Todd Pinkston is another man's Marvin Harrison.......

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I wonder if you'd be as happy if we didn't end up with a Volunteer...but thanks for cheering me up Smilin'. :beer:

Funny part is that he wasn't even who I wanted, but gumdrops and lollipops my friend. gumdrops and lollipops.

Superchop 7
12-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Just reminiscing.....

BroncoNut
12-23-2010, 06:59 PM

right now, I'm tired of being pissed off and want to move on. I guess that dqs me from this thread, but if you want negativity, I don't give a rats backend how you feel about that Superchop.

So how's the new baby doing Tinker?

I Eat Staples
12-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Lmao, reading some of these comments by McD lovers is too funny.

"Will you be singing his praise when we win the AFC West?" LMAO

broncogirl7
12-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Saw where Denver still has something like 555 seats available for as low as $15.00 for this weeks game...

Broncos Zone
There are still over 555 tickets available to Sunday's game for as low as $15! Be apart of #Tebow's first home start, check out more tickets and prices here: http://tinyurl.com/tebowtime

Superchop 7
12-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Tis the season.......

To be jolly.

atwater27
12-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Great thread!

Northman
12-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Lmao, reading some of these comments by McD lovers is too funny.

"Will you be singing his praise when we win the AFC West?" LMAO

As much as i love Jr my favorite from him was how it was GUARANTEED that McD would be here next year. :lol:

OrangeHoof
12-23-2010, 11:24 PM
It doesn't seem to have taken four years to analyze this draft class.