PDA

View Full Version : would like to know thoughts who had the better draft denver or chicago?

broken12
04-26-2009, 01:40 PM
would like some input being we will be tied to chi town till cutler leaves or retires who had the better draft.
1. jay cutler 1. knowshon moreno
robert ayers de
2. blank 2. alphonso smith
duracell mcbath cbs
3. jarrod gilbert de richard quinn te
juaquin iglesias wr 3. blank none traded away for quinn
4. melton heny de 4. david burton safety
dj moore cb seth olson og
5. johhny knox wr 5. kenny mckenly wr

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Don't care..not a division rival...don't play them...could care less.

MasterShake
04-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Plus its impossible to tell how these players will pan out. Terrell Davis was a 6th rounder, Mecklenburg was a 12th, and Rod Smith was undrafted. I can't even hazard a guess right now. Get back to me in a year (or five).

broken12
04-26-2009, 01:44 PM
should care comes down to what we got in return for a 25 yr old franchise qb.....givin all the needs we in denver have on the defensive line to only take one guy of 6 or 7 pics to address the defensive line is odd to me.. we spent lots of money in free agency on the dbs and draft 4 of them in first 4 rounds of the draft....

Hoshdude7
04-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I can hardly read that chart you wrote

broken12
04-26-2009, 01:45 PM
I can hardly read that chart you wrote

lol me either

Benetto
04-26-2009, 04:20 PM
It bothers me how some of you can't comprehend the Cutler situation...

At the end of the day, Cutler did NOT want to be a Bronco. It didn't matter if we had a better draft or not. When December rolls around and Cutler has 20 some odd sacks under his belt, we'll have 200+ threads about it to have a legit comparison.....Jesus H christ...

Bottom line is, if you miss Cutler and think the Broncos are a team doomed forever, while the Bears win multiple championships with their "franchise QB" and laugh...Go root for them, you're better off.

Tned
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
It bothers me how some of you can't comprehend the Cutler situation...

At the end of the day, Cutler did NOT want to be a Bronco. It didn't matter if we had a better draft or not. When December rolls around and Cutler has 20 some odd sacks under his belt, we'll have 200+ threads about it to have a legit comparison.....Jesus H christ...

Bottom line is, if you miss Cutler and think the Broncos are a team doomed forever, while the Bears win multiple championships with their "franchise QB" and laugh...Go root for them, you're better off.

First, Cutler didn't want to play here or McDaniels didn't want Cutler to play here? Looks like the latter came first.

Second, there are lots of players playing where they don't want to play, that have requested trades. It's called a contract. He had three years left on his, and publicly stated that he would attend all mandatory practices and camps.

DenBronx
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
on paper we did. in reality we gave up way too much in round 2. however i like englesias and knox for them.

Italianmobstr7
04-26-2009, 04:33 PM
First, Cutler didn't want to play here or McDaniels didn't want Cutler to play here? Looks like the latter came first.

Second, there are lots of players playing where they don't want to play, that have requested trades. It's called a contract. He had three years left on his, and publicly stated that he would attend all mandatory practices and camps.

He wouldn't talk to players or coaches. He wouldn't even talk to the guy who cuts his checks. Ignore your bossat work for 3 weeks. Tell me how that works out for you. I loved Jay, but he didn't want to be a Bronco anymore. Jason Campbell was brought up in trade talks and he didn't throw a fit. Why couldn't Jay do the same?

DenBronx
04-26-2009, 04:36 PM
He wouldn't talk to players or coaches. He wouldn't even talk to the guy who cuts his checks. Ignore your bossat work for 3 weeks. Tell me how that works out for you. I loved Jay, but he didn't want to be a Bronco anymore. Jason Campbell was brought up in trade talks and he didn't throw a fit. Why couldn't Jay do the same?

campbell recently threatened the redskins by saying he would request a trade if they went after sanchez.

Tned
04-26-2009, 04:42 PM

Did Washington say, "No, we're not looking to trade for a QB, Jason. It's just a bunch of rumors. Yea, there was a call or two, but we told them to shove it, Jason's our guy..."

honz
04-26-2009, 04:42 PM
campbell recently threatened the redskins by saying he would request a trade if they went after sanchez.

He said he would if they drafted Sanchez...as that woud clearly mean he has no future in Washington. It makes sense. Might as well move on before you become Byron Leftwich.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:12 PM

Is Mcdaniels a nutcase? He didn't want Cutler to play here?

Cutler's backup Simms would be making more money than him in 2009...You think Bus Cook is not a master puppeteer (Brett Favre)...You think Bus is gonna want to have people knowing he is a money hungry backstabber?

Give me a break big guy...McDaniels wanted him here as much as any of us did back then...He will weigh his options though...As any manager or president would for his/her organization.

If you are all still hurt by what Coach Josh did, its not too late to go to Neds Bears forum.

Tned
04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Is Mcdaniels a nutcase? He didn't want Cutler to play here?

Cutler's backup Simms would be making more money than him in 2009...You think Bus Cook is not a master puppeteer (Brett Favre)...You think Bus is gonna want to have people knowing he is a money hungry backstabber?

Give me a break big guy...McDaniels wanted him here as much as any of us did back then...He will weigh his options though...As any manager or president would for his/her organization.

If you are all still hurt by what Coach Josh did, its not too late to go to Neds Bears forum.

McDaniels wouldn't even tell the press he wanted Jake here. Come on, take the blinders off.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:17 PM
McDaniels wouldn't even tell the press he wanted Jake here. Come on, take the blinders off.

Blinders are off...Get the Media out of your head.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Please don't ban me!! :eek:

Tned
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Blinders are off...Get the Media out of your head.

One word, "unprecedented"

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
One website, Bearsforums.com

Tned
04-26-2009, 05:27 PM
One website, Bearsforums.com

http://www.bearsforums.com want to be one of the mods?

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.bearsforums.com want to be one of the mods?

Not if Beefybear is a mod there.

Tned
04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Not if Beefybear is a mod there.

He doesn't like me.

Agree to disagree on the Jay/Josh thing.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
He doesn't like me.

Agree to disagree on the Jay/Josh thing.

I agree...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

Tned
04-26-2009, 05:36 PM
I agree...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

You don't like me, either. That's a little harsh. :sad:

Northman
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
I know the Giants and Patriots had great drafts. Yes, im envious.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:38 PM
You don't like me, either. That's a little harsh. :sad:
You're right I don't like you...I LOVE you!

LRtagger
04-26-2009, 05:40 PM
OMG can we please get off Jay Cutler's nuts already?? He is not a Denver Bronco anymore. He bitched out on his teammates and fans. Can we please move on?

LRtagger
04-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I know the Giants and Patriots had great drafts. Yes, im envious.

I think the Giants had the best draft of anyone.

Benetto
04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
I think the Giants had the best draft of anyone.
Giants did pretty well...And the Pack.

G_Money
04-26-2009, 06:17 PM
would like some input being we will be tied to chi town till cutler leaves or retires who had the better draft.
1. jay cutler 1. knowshon moreno
robert ayers de
2. blank 2. alphonso smith
duracell mcbath cbs
3. jarrod gilbert de richard quinn te
juaquin iglesias wr 3. blank none traded away for quinn
4. melton heny de 4. david burton safety
dj moore cb seth olson og
5. johhny knox wr 5. kenny mckenly wr

The Bears had a very interesting draft. They needed some potential along the D-Line especially at end, they needed at least one extra target for Jay, they could use at LEAST one DB, they still need a young OT for when Pace dies, but that's not totally vital this year, and maybe a LB. Oh, and they needed a QB.

So they added Cutler, better than any QB in this draft and who will be up to speed instantly. Good first step, but still a lot of holes.

Jarron Gilbert is a nasty DT/DE. Raw, but every natural ability you'd want a DL to have, he has. I will say right now that I would have been happier with Gilbert in the 2nd than with Ayers in the 1st - I think Ayers is too slow to play LB and too small to play end right now in the 3-4. The small factor we can fix somewhat, so I expect him to stay at DE. Both guys were one-year wonders. But Gilbert is no slouch and should help out the Chicago line starting next year.

Juaquin Iglesias is very productive, but a possession receiver and not a burner. He actually compares very well to the receiver we took, Kenny McKinley, but he's stronger and has more meat on his frame. McKinley is a rail. Iglesias is an excellent selection for a team looking for a guy who can get a bit of a window for Jay to fit the ball into, though - he runs crisp routes and doesn't drop a lot of balls. I think he can be a #2, though he'll probably start off in the slot and possibly in the mix to return punts. Good pick.

Henry Melton is an interesting pick. He's greener than pistachio ice cream at the DE position, but he seems to have the motor and the aptitude for it, after switching from of all things RB. I thought that was crazy originally, but he's definitely hanging in there, and I know people that looooove his upside. I think this was still early for him - reach pick. But he has not come near his ceiling, unlike a lot of other DL picks left at the moment.

DJ Moore in the 4th is an absolute steal. He and Alphonso Smith are the same player - except Smith has more INTs. Both a little short, both don't show great track speed, but neither gets left in the dust on the playing field either. Gamers, warriors, who are always around the ball. We gave up a 1st rounder, potentially a HIGH first-rounder for Smith. The Bears got a guy ranked a slot or two below smith, with the same attributes, in the 4th. :coffee:

Johnny Knox is a total burner. He needs to have Iglesias teach him how to run routes, but nobody could cover Knox deep at the All-Star bowls. I can't see him as more than a slot guy (he's a rail too), but between him and Iglesias they should have at least ONE better receiver on the field next season than they did, and both guys are different enough to stay on the field together if they learn their positions well.

They also added Marcus Freeman at LB, a player I thought could be a 2nd rounder before he injured his ankle. Decent LB depth for them that could surprise.

I think the Bears did well.

It's hard to compare their draft to ours since ours is so top-heavy and they didn't even draft on the first day, but I will say that they don't seem to have reached nearly as hard for some players as we did.

Still, I care more about our guys producing now that they're Broncos than I do about what round they were drafted in.

But I'd say the Bears addressed several draft needs and had a very good weekend. Especially without a first day pick (other than Jay, that is).

~G

dogfish
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
lol. . . . G's the only one that actually answers the question instead of turning another thread into a cutlergate bitchfest. . . .

iglesias was a guy i really wanted, dj moore was a very good value, and i think marcus freeman can excell in their cover-2-- in a year or two, he could be starting at WILL and putting up big numbers if they move urlacher and slide lance briggs over to MIKE. . . . gilbert has a ton of upside, although i wonder about his determination. . . . pretty damn solid draft for them given that they didn't make a pick on day one. . . .

BANJOPICKER1
04-26-2009, 08:17 PM

And like the 1st poster said,,,,Who cares, he is gone, give it up and Be a Broncos fan or go root for Jay!:D

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!:salute:

Scarface
04-26-2009, 09:55 PM
The Bears had a very interesting draft. They needed some potential along the D-Line especially at end, they needed at least one extra target for Jay, they could use at LEAST one DB, they still need a young OT for when Pace dies, but that's not totally vital this year, and maybe a LB. Oh, and they needed a QB.

So they added Cutler, better than any QB in this draft and who will be up to speed instantly. Good first step, but still a lot of holes.

Jarron Gilbert is a nasty DT/DE. Raw, but every natural ability you'd want a DL to have, he has. I will say right now that I would have been happier with Gilbert in the 2nd than with Ayers in the 1st - I think Ayers is too slow to play LB and too small to play end right now in the 3-4. The small factor we can fix somewhat, so I expect him to stay at DE. Both guys were one-year wonders. But Gilbert is no slouch and should help out the Chicago line starting next year.

Juaquin Iglesias is very productive, but a possession receiver and not a burner. He actually compares very well to the receiver we took, Kenny McKinley, but he's stronger and has more meat on his frame. McKinley is a rail. Iglesias is an excellent selection for a team looking for a guy who can get a bit of a window for Jay to fit the ball into, though - he runs crisp routes and doesn't drop a lot of balls. I think he can be a #2, though he'll probably start off in the slot and possibly in the mix to return punts. Good pick.

Henry Melton is an interesting pick. He's greener than pistachio ice cream at the DE position, but he seems to have the motor and the aptitude for it, after switching from of all things RB. I thought that was crazy originally, but he's definitely hanging in there, and I know people that looooove his upside. I think this was still early for him - reach pick. But he has not come near his ceiling, unlike a lot of other DL picks left at the moment.

DJ Moore in the 4th is an absolute steal. He and Alphonso Smith are the same player - except Smith has more INTs. Both a little short, both don't show great track speed, but neither gets left in the dust on the playing field either. Gamers, warriors, who are always around the ball. We gave up a 1st rounder, potentially a HIGH first-rounder for Smith. The Bears got a guy ranked a slot or two below smith, with the same attributes, in the 4th. :coffee:

Johnny Knox is a total burner. He needs to have Iglesias teach him how to run routes, but nobody could cover Knox deep at the All-Star bowls. I can't see him as more than a slot guy (he's a rail too), but between him and Iglesias they should have at least ONE better receiver on the field next season than they did, and both guys are different enough to stay on the field together if they learn their positions well.

They also added Marcus Freeman at LB, a player I thought could be a 2nd rounder before he injured his ankle. Decent LB depth for them that could surprise.

I think the Bears did well.

It's hard to compare their draft to ours since ours is so top-heavy and they didn't even draft on the first day, but I will say that they don't seem to have reached nearly as hard for some players as we did.

Still, I care more about our guys producing now that they're Broncos than I do about what round they were drafted in.

But I'd say the Bears addressed several draft needs and had a very good weekend. Especially without a first day pick (other than Jay, that is).

~G

Can't sleep on Earl Bennett either. The Bears also tried to trade their 2 for Boldin. I'm sure they're not done trying to give Cutler some weapons. Either way he'll be fine.

Tned
04-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Can't sleep on Earl Bennett either. The Bears also tried to trade their 2 for Boldin. I'm sure they're not done trying to give Cutler some weapons. Either way he'll be fine.

Let's hope Cutler isn't ok, he has our only first round pick in his hands.

Scarface
04-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Let's hope Cutler isn't ok, he has our only first round pick in his hands.

He's going to be just fine. Us??? I hope so.