PDA

View Full Version : Who's hat will Peyton Manning wear when he is inducted?

Mannway187
04-15-2012, 03:51 AM
Since there has been some talk lately about how Manning feels towards Irsay and the behind the scenes stabbing in the back he got when they let him go will he want to honor that franchise when he is inducted into the HOF. Or will he show his gratitude towards the Broncos, after he ends up winning multiple super bowls as our QB. How many other teams can say that they put two QBs in Canton? Packers? not yet. Maybe the Giants with Otto Graham, and Don Merideth? 49ers have Montana and Young. Any other teams with two?

Simple Jaded
04-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Who ****in cares? The Broncos have business to take care of first. Besides it's not about Mannings relationship with Irsay at the moment, too many good memories and too much time between now and his induction.......

Timmy!
04-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Oh look...yay.....mods....err.....tned, yay. U. Arkansas pig boy.....long time user and poster...u will never give me neg rep so can we at least get a minimum post count 4 threads??....seriously?....

Dzone
04-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Dandy Don is the best QB in Giants history, other than Otto Graham of course

topscribe
04-15-2012, 11:32 AM
IMO, it's silly to think that Manning will retire as anything but an Indianapolis Colt.

I look for him to sign one of those $1.00 contracts with them and then retire, when the time comes . . .

weazel
04-15-2012, 12:32 PM
haha silly threads...

but it would be stupid of him to go in as anything but a Colt

claymore
04-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Since there has been some talk lately about how Manning feels towards Irsay and the behind the scenes stabbing in the back he got when they let him go will he want to honor that franchise when he is inducted into the HOF. Or will he show his gratitude towards the Broncos, after he ends up winning multiple super bowls as our QB. How many other teams can say that they put two QBs in Canton? Packers? not yet. Maybe the Giants with Otto Graham, and Don Merideth? 49ers have Montana and Young. Any other teams with two?

The only way he goes in as a Bronco is if he wins a couple SB's here, then becomes a part of the offensive staff after he retires. It would take a great deal of success here in order for that snub to take place.

Nothing would make me happier.

BroncoWave
04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
You don't go into the NFL HOF with a team. This isn't baseball. You represent every team you played for when you go to Canton.

Medford Bronco
04-15-2012, 02:03 PM
You don't go into the NFL HOF with a team. This isn't baseball. You represent every team you played for when you go to Canton.

This is the best post here. People dont even know how the football HOF works.

Medford Bronco
04-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Dandy Don is the best QB in Giants history, other than Otto Graham of course

lol people dont even know how to use google to look up information before posting. :lol:

How about Johnny Unitas on the Pittsburgh Steelers. :lol:

Mannway187
04-15-2012, 06:27 PM
I seem to recall that Marcus Allen wanted to be inducted as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs, simply because he didn't want Al Davis and or the Raiders organization to get any recognition. Many players have been inducted after having played for multiple teams and some wore hats to honor those teams. But Marcus refused to even mention the Raiders in his induction speach.
Had I not been interested in anyone elses opinion I could have certainly done a Google search on this topic. Of course then I would have no reason to be open to other opinions and you who desire to be critical of a topic would have no reason to lend your .02 cents instead of your opinion on the actual subject. Why comment at all about those subjects which don't meet your high standards. Wouldn't it be easier to remain silent and be thought a fool instead of speaking up and removing all doubt?

Simple Jaded
04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Mannway, I don't think they make inductees declare which team they want to be associated with upon induction anymore.......

BroncoWave
04-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Had I not been interested in anyone elses opinion I could have certainly done a Google search on this topic. Of course then I would have no reason to be open to other opinions and you who desire to be critical of a topic would have no reason to lend your .02 cents instead of your opinion on the actual subject. Why comment at all about those subjects which don't meet your high standards. Wouldn't it be easier to remain silent and be thought a fool instead of speaking up and removing all doubt?

WTF are you talking about?

FanInAZ
04-15-2012, 09:56 PM

I think I've heard this info given before, after a tread asking this same question was started a few days after the signing. Next question, how many threads will be started asking this same question between now & the time Manning retires?

Mannway187
04-16-2012, 12:55 AM
WTF are you talking about?

It really didn't apply to you until you spoke up. Sometimes words mean exactly what they are meant to mean. So I guess I was talking about exactly what I said. If it didn't make sense to you then I'm sorry I was using simple english which obviously went over your head.

sneakers
04-16-2012, 01:27 AM
The Mannboi's are here!

Chef Zambini
04-16-2012, 09:54 AM
You don't go into the NFL HOF with a team. This isn't baseball. You represent every team you played for when you go to Canton.BINGO ! you join a NEW team, its the theme of the now called "nitchke" luncheon.

Chef Zambini
04-16-2012, 09:57 AM
and in this corner....