PDA

View Full Version : Alphonso Smith video

BigDaddyBronco
04-26-2009, 07:34 AM
I liked what I saw here. This guy is getting compared by some to Asante Samuel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYZmpGHAtz4

I love his interview at the end. Seems like an intelligent, high character guy, and didn't have a canned response to the question.

Another thing I like. With Smith and McBath we get two "Ball-hawk" type CB/S's. I hope this means we will never see anymore 8 yard cushion, keep him in front of you, type defenses.

Hoshdude7
04-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Good video. But the guy talking in the beginning is goofy as can be

claymore
04-26-2009, 07:40 AM
I liked what I saw here. This guy is getting compared by some to Asante Samuel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYZmpGHAtz4

I love his interview at the end. Seems like an intelligent, high character guy, and didn't have a canned response to the question.

Another thing I like. With Smith and McBath we get two "Ball-hawk" type CB/S's. I hope this means we will never see anymore 8 yard cushion, keep him in front of you, type defenses.
Seems like a good kid. I think we will be elated at this pick mid way thru the season.

BigDaddyBronco
04-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Seems like a good kid. I think we will be elated at this pick mid way thru the season.
He better be Asante Samuel since we probably gave up a top 15 pick next year to get him. :tsk:

claymore
04-26-2009, 08:06 AM
He better be Asante Samuel since we probably gave up a top 15 pick next year to get him. :tsk:

I hope he is this years Royal. Team first tough smart football player with above average physical gifts and instincts.

Some dont like to hear it, but his height is the only thing that hurt his draft stock. He was a turnover machine. 21 interceptions and like 6- or 7 FF's in 2 years.....

I also read he had 6 blocked kicks. I dont know if that was College or Highschool though.

claymore
04-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Titans high on Smith
The Titans are reportedly very high on cornerback Alphonso Smith (Wake Forest), according to the Tennessean.
Our View: Mike Ackerley (the Titans' director of college scouting in the eastern region) stated that Smith would be the complete cornerback if not for his height limitation (5-9). The club has a need at cornerback and could target Smith with pick No. 30 in the draft.

http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player.php?tqid=7749&type=news&nid=57550

Hoshdude7
04-26-2009, 08:39 AM
The guys on NFLN are very high on him and think he could be ROY

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Alphonso Smith is the best Cornerback in the draft. In fact, he had one of the top 40 times as a corner despite running a 4.5 flat. He has off-the-charts knowledge for the game, and what he lacks in height he makes up with smarts that can not be taught.

2Fity@The303
04-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Alphonso Smith is the best Cornerback in the draft. In fact, he had one of the top 40 times as a corner despite running a 4.5 flat. He has off-the-charts knowledge for the game, and what he lacks in height he makes up with smarts that can not be taught.

GL47, well said- I agree with you. I was pleasantly surprised with the pick, but a little shocked with what we gave up. Regardless of first round pick, this kid will be a player immediately... (he may very well turn out to be worth a top 15-20 pick, I'm betting on it)