PDA

View Full Version : Physical football players

Hawgdriver
04-26-2009, 06:34 AM
From what I can tell (which I admit is very little) we've drafted nothing but football players. It appears a premium is being placed on film and results on the field instead of artificial measurables like 40 times and bench presses. All of the players taken have a rep of being physical and gamers. By itself not a bad thing. Hey, we could be drafting based on how well these guys do with sprint flippers on, no pads, no contact, running in a straight line!

Now they just need to panic and pick up a physical kicker by trading away the other 1st round pick next year to take one at the top of the third round...that would complete the sequence of events so far...

Come drink the kool-aide, we have party hats here, too.

Fan in Exile
04-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Please Hawgdrive they're not going to draft a kicker. They're going after another Long Snapper because you can never have too many of those.

claymore
04-26-2009, 07:56 AM
From what I can tell (which I admit is very little) we've drafted nothing but football players. It appears a premium is being placed on film and results on the field instead of artificial measurables like 40 times and bench presses. All of the players taken have a rep of being physical and gamers. By itself not a bad thing. Hey, we could be drafting based on how well these guys do with sprint flippers on, no pads, no contact, running in a straight line!

Now they just need to panic and pick up a physical kicker by trading away the other 1st round pick next year to take one at the top of the third round...that would complete the sequence of events so far...

Come drink the kool-aide, we have party hats here, too.

I agree. It looks like they did their homework. As much as I hated McD during the Cutler debalce, there is now way I think he is dumb enough to trade our #1 next year for Smith in the 2nd unless some serious homework was done. Not to mention passing up Brace and Ray.