PDA

View Full Version : We Got Two of the Top Five Players

xzn
04-26-2009, 04:08 AM
... at least as defined by Mike Mayock

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80d41b6d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Mike Mayock's top 20 players for the 2009 NFL Draft

Rk Player Pos. School

1. Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
2. Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
3. Robert Ayers DE Tennessee
4. Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia

:salute:

He also has Alphonso Smith as his 4th CB... :cool:

We can only hope that he is right and Moreno is bits and pieces of Walter Payton, Gale Sayers, Terrell Davis, Emmit Smith and Barry Sanders.

Ayers becomes a cross between Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor :elefant:

honz
04-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Mayock was drooling all over Ayers. He said he will be the best defensive player from this draft 3 years from now. He compared him to Justin Tuck in that he can line up in different spots and can be very versatile. Hopefully he is right. He is usually pretty good at evaluating talent and I tend to agree with him more than the other draft gurus.

And I've loved Knowshon since I first saw him play his freshman year...I just didn't expect us to go RB in round 1. Hell, it hadn't happened in my lifetime!

LoyalSoldier
04-26-2009, 04:36 AM
I liked the first few picks, but at the same time the whole 2nd round just left me somewhat pissed. We gave up so much for a couple of players.

BigDaddyBronco
04-26-2009, 07:56 AM
I liked the first few picks, but at the same time the whole 2nd round just left me somewhat pissed. We gave up so much for a couple of players.

I just think we could have picked McBath and Quinn with our 3rd round picks. Don't know why they reached.

Also, I think they could have picked Smith at 48.

Seems like we gave up the farm for these 3 guys.

shank
04-26-2009, 11:35 AM
I just think we could have picked McBath and Quinn with our 3rd round picks. Don't know why they reached.

Also, I think they could have picked Smith at 48.

Seems like we gave up the farm for these 3 guys.

there's no way smith would have been there at 48, but i agree taht we should have been able to get mcbath and quinn with our natural 3rd rounders.

Hoshdude7
04-26-2009, 11:52 AM
smith was rated 30 FYI

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2009, 12:11 PM
What will Ayers play in Denver? LB or DE?

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 12:18 PM

I wold think with his size, he would be a OLB in the 34

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I wold think with his size, he would be a OLB in the 34

Like a strongside? His 40 time is slow for a pass rushing LB, especially one in the 3-4 mold.

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Like a strongside? His 40 time is slow for a pass rushing LB, especially one in the 3-4 mold.

But if you watch his play.. he didn't have many sacks but had a TON of tackles behind the Line of Scrimmage. He's a run tackling machine, that can/will definitly put pressure on the QB. He's not a outside SPEED rusher.. but he's a good player player that makes plays on THEIR side of the LoS...

** from what I've been readign

ChampWJ
04-26-2009, 12:34 PM

I think his size suits him more to DE for the 3-4. Also, the OLB's in the 3-4 need to be impact pass rushers, which has not been his strong suit in college. We also have a slew of linebackers and a real lack of DE's with the size needed to hold the line in the 3-4.

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 12:59 PM
We got the best runningback.

To some, we got the best defensive player.

We got the best ball-hawking cornerback.

We got one of the best blocking Tight Ends.

We got one of the best ball-hawking safeties.

McDaniels is aiming for the best. I like the picks for the most part. I think McDaniels might actually see the defensive line as pretty good while us fans see it as crap. I can tell you that McDaniels has probably watched more tape than we've seen our entire lives.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 02:03 PM
there's no way smith would have been there at 48, but i agree taht we should have been able to get mcbath and quinn with our natural 3rd rounders.

Dallas wanted McBath 3 spots later. Him and another player who went just ahead of their slot. That is why they traded out of the pick 3 after ours.

shank
04-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Dallas wanted McBath 3 spots later. Him and another player who went just ahead of their slot. That is why they traded out of the pick 3 after ours.

statement retracted then ;) people said that pitt was interested in quinn; interested enough to take him with that last pick in the 2nd? or do you think he would have been there with one of our 3rd rounders?

honz
04-26-2009, 02:14 PM
statement retracted then ;) people said that pitt was interested in quinn; interested enough to take him with that last pick in the 2nd? or do you think he would have been there with one of our 3rd rounders?

Wait, Pittsburgh really was interested in Quinn in the 2nd or 3rd round? If so, that would at least make this trade make sense.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 02:17 PM
There was talk the Pitt liked him, but I dunno ifg they were taking him or not.

weazel
04-26-2009, 02:23 PM
as far as I'm concerned, I think all the teams should just fire their scouts and just turn the TV on to listen what Mayock says. Also, every team should just follow his mock and mail their picks into the NFL offices. Hes GOLD!

Tned
04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
as far as I'm concerned, I think all the teams should just fire their scouts and just turn the TV on to listen what Mayock says. Also, every team should just follow his mock and mail their picks into the NFL offices. Hes GOLD!

I'm a little tired today, so.... Is it fair to say I am detecting 'sarcasm'?

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 02:53 PM

:Cry:

We got the best runningback.

To some, we got the best defensive player.

We got the best ball-hawking cornerback.

We got one of the best blocking Tight Ends.

We got one of the best ball-hawking safeties.

McDaniels is aiming for the best. I like the picks for the most part. I think McDaniels might actually see the defensive line as pretty good while us fans see it as crap. I can tell you that McDaniels has probably watched more tape than we've seen our entire lives.

This post tells you everything you need to know about this draft. Quit whining. Suck it up. We picked these players, there's no turning back. Or are you not a "true" Bronco fan?

A lot of you guys wanted to question our fan hood when McDaniels traded Cutler and we were all over him for doing that. And now that you want to complain about the draft...you're suddenly ready to stop being fans?

A bunch of hypocrites :coffee:

weazel
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM

This post tells you everything you need to know about this draft. Quit whining. Suck it up. We picked these players, there's no turning back. Or are you not a "true" Bronco fan?

A lot of you guys wanted to question our fan hood when McDaniels traded Cutler and we were all over him for doing that. And now that you want to complain about the draft...you're suddenly ready to stop being fans?

A bunch of hypocrites :coffee:

there was no whining there, sherlock. I am simply stating I will wait to see how the picks pan out. That isn't whining at all, that is being indifferent and giving the players time to show what they got before I pass judgement. You should really know what you are arguing about before you start typing. I'll say it again, man are you slow.

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 03:11 PM
there was no whining there, sherlock. I am simply stating I will wait to see how the picks pan out. That isn't whining at all, that is being indifferent and giving the players time to show what they got before I pass judgement. You should really know what you are arguing about before you start typing. I'll say it again, man are you slow.

"I'm glad that whiny ***** Cutler is gone"

"I hate Josh McDaniels"

"The Front Office has no idea what it's doing"

weazel
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM

"I'm glad that whiny ***** Cutler is gone"

"I hate Josh McDaniels"

"The Front Office has no idea what it's doing"

LMAO, you dont even understand the concept of a debate.

1. I would have loved Cutler to have stayed here and played. He didnt want to and demanded a trade. He was traded. me whining? no

2. The only thing I have said about the front office is that New England made Denver look like children at the draft. me whining? no

3. I hate Josh McDaniels? wow in one thread I have you claiming that I love McDaniels and in this thread you are Saying I hate him. You are one of a kind, kid. I guess I will have to reiterate what I have always said. I think McDaniels is inexperienced and I am not sure that he knows how to run a team. I have called him a saboteur because some of the moves are very questionable.

I understand the whole crybaby image you have towards me though, I did that to you when you were threatening to stop being a Broncos fan when Cutler was traded and now you feel this is your little way of getting back at me. Good for you, I hope it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
:coffee:

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 03:19 PM

1. I would have loved Cutler to have stayed here and played. He didnt want to and demanded a trade. He was traded. me whining? no

2. The only thing I have said about the front office is that New England made Denver look like children at the draft. me whining? no

3. I hate Josh McDaniels? wow in one thread I have you claiming that I love McDaniels and in this thread you are Saying I hate him. You are one of a kind, kid. I guess I will have to reiterate what I have always said. I think McDaniels is inexperienced and I am not sure that he knows how to run a team. I have called him a saboteur because some of the moves are very questionable.

I understand the whole crybaby image you have towards me though, I did that to you when you were threatening to stop being a Broncos fan when Cutler was traded and now you feel this is your little way of getting back at me. Good for you, I hope it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

You want to know the funny thing? I never "threatened" to stop being a Broncos fan when Cutler was traded. Thanks for playing hero :coffee:

weazel
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
You want to know the funny thing? I never "threatened" to stop being a Broncos fan when Cutler was traded. Thanks for playing hero :coffee:

You said so many ridiculous things I was sure that was one of them. If not, then I apologize, but I remember something along those lines...

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 03:26 PM
You said so many ridiculous things I was sure that was one of them. If not, then I apologize, but I remember something along those lines...

Nope, never said anything like that. Nice try --->:coffee:

honz
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
JR is lurking...I sense a :focus: coming.

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM

I guess he will be the next Justin Tuck type playing all over the front seven.. mostly DL.. If he is as good as Mayock seems to think then he will be all over the place with QB's looking for his number wondering WTH we have up our sleeve on this snap..

Den21vsBal19
04-26-2009, 03:30 PM
I guess he will be the next Justin Tuck type playing all over the front seven.. mostly DL.. If he is as good as Mayock seems to think then he will be all over the place with QB's looking for his number wondering WTH we have up our sleeve on this snap..
Lord, I hope so :beer:

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 03:31 PM

They compared Ayers to Justin Tuck numerous times. I'm hoping the one year wonder pans out.

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 03:36 PM

There are different schemes for each of the teams with different players next to these guys..

It just so happened that we needed just about everything.. on the D side of the LOS.. so almost any one we pick would fit somewhere.. if not tomorrow then 2-3 years form now when Dawkins and Champ are on their way to the HOF..

Should all teams just listen to Mayock of course not because the ASS he says is the best may not fit the saddle they have for him..

In our case DET KC CLE case we all need almost everything.. and for those positions we have quality front liners there is almost nothing behind them as back ups..

Y'all can thank the past 8-10 years of DAFTING for that or actually finding someone only to have him spend years in mikeys dog house for what ever the hell reason..

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Y'all can thank the past 8-10 years of DAFTING for that or actually finding someone only to have him spend years in mikeys dog house for what ever the hell reason..

you can bring up the past all you want.... but you know, jr, that if Shanahan was still here you would be labeling THIS year, another 'daft' by the choices taken and the cost it took us to take them.

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 03:42 PM

DID you really think that Josh and Xman are on the same level as Billy is?

Didi you really think they would out fox the master?

Maybe in a few years but the guys has been pulling talent out of his ass or seen it done for a couple of decades.. Show some respect here..

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 03:57 PM
you can bring up the past all you want.... but you know, jr, that if Shanahan was still here you would be labeling THIS year, another 'daft' by the choices taken and the cost it took us to take them.

I still might, I for one have not seen IMHO what the really issues taken care of..

WHY? I have no idea I have not watched this forum nor the NFLN all that close after the Ayers Pick..

I'm not a huge college fan as it conflicts with my daughters VB season and for the most part she plays at the same time college games are on.. SO for the past 4-5 years I have not followed College FB all that close and because of that really do not know the prospects all that well..

Now after the draft, once we get into mini camps and see these kids in action then I will start to form an Opinion on them..

Am I a happy camper about not using all our picks on front seven guys NO..

But then I'm not qualified as we speak to know which of the guys we passed on were worth a chance on.. Are they any better than the guys penciled in on the depth chart? After the mini camp and the feedback from eh DC and position coaches maybe we are OK there.. Maybe it was just lousy coaching in the past..

None of us know for sure do we? NOW that said..

I do know and NO ONE will ever convince me that the really poor player acquisition and retention after the initial rookie contract were over speak volumes about the DAFTING and lack of coaching for the past 10 years..

Coming off the SB years we allowed players to leave like Regeaor, berry, the other DE and a couple of CB's that went on to really good careers on other teams because we did not see them as worth keeping LONG term we were to concerned about winning today..

so we kept the old guys to win today and gave away the future..

Another reason mikey had to go..